All Comments on 'A Most Graceful Life Ch. 12'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyalmost 5 years ago
Well thought out

Story, and one of the few genie stories not ending with a harem and wast riches.

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 5 years ago
That was a great story

And you wrote a very satisfying ending. Thanks. I look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice

Good story. Liked the ending. Looking forward to your next effort

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This really is an incredible story

I love your approach to love and genies. This story really was so well written and the approach to a loving relationship is just wonderfully sincere. And that tease of an ending with Mara is just a really fun way to end it..I mean, was she a genie? Or did Dan have a tiny spark of magic in him. Either way I'd read a sequel in this universe. I mean, someone has to take down the order.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you, C.J.!

This is the sweetest and most original genie story I've ever read. Grace and Stephen seem like old friends after 12 episodes, and I will miss them-- unless they return in another story! Keep on writing, C.J.. We need authors like you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loving memories

This story hit too close to home in places. Thank you for a wonderful story.

TarlosoTarlosoover 4 years ago
Nice work

A much better, more enjoyable genie story. Nicely resticted to add more to the story. Well done

Kojak01Kojak01over 4 years ago
That was a great read!

Good balance between story and sex.

Stephen comes across a bit too perfect. In his situation, he would at least have wished for some money to buy his brothers a gaming console of their own and help his Mom out with the bills. Maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have done it for himself but at least for those he loves.

But don't get me wrong. I immensely enjoyed all chapters of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent

I discovered your stories through The Necklace which I enjoyed so much that I wanted to read more of your work. This series was excellent. Thank you for all your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An exceptional story that uses sex as an enhancement

I know Literotica takes on many forms. But if you’re looking for a true novel that uses the many aspects of sexual adventure to enhance the story vs the other way around - then you have come across a true gem. The only downside was the editing. But the story line is superb.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
A truly wonderful story!

Thank you for sharing this tale with us!!!!

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkabout 4 years ago
Excellent

Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful

All the chapters where great read keep up the great work 👍!!

Horseman68Horseman68about 4 years ago
Simply One of the Best.

Simply one of the very best. Would like to have many more of these from this author. Many Bravo’s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This story deserves a 5.0 average rating

Thank you for writing the story, dear author. I know how much effort it takes to imagine and focus well enough to write it all down. Unless of course these are real events; no one would ever know. This series should really get to the top of the story boards so that more people can enjoy it. It definitely has a feel-good factor about it. I'm going to paste this exact comment in Chapter one, if you don't mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

I just finished all the chapters. I gave a 5 star to each one. You are one hell of a writer. I liked the characters and the flow of the story. I liked the plot and the interaction of all the characters. I liked the way Stephen fought to use his own intelligence and character to see through their decisions instead of using his wishes. I will look for more of your stories to read. Keep up the good work and thanks for your time and imagination.

auguy86auguy86about 4 years ago
A worthy entry to the Brollyverse!

I did my own genie tale, “An Unforgettable Melody,” a few years back, and now we finally have another complete servant genie story. Shame Joe and 800ibgorilla won’t ever finish theirs, but the spirit of their stories lives on in our little spin-offs. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well done...

almost. I too enjoyed your story. And that it wasn't a free for all orgy. I enjoyed the mythology you created. I just wish you would have gotten an editor prior to publishing. It was mostly little things. You jumped from third person to first and back again once. Minor grammatical errors. But the one that drove me bonkers was how often you used the word shutter, when you meant shudder. Hopefully you keep writing and hopefully you take that little extra time with the next series. Keep your stick on the ice.

tiercenpttiercenptover 3 years ago

Have been reading some Genie-type stories recently.

this is hands down the BEST of them.

not to argue about the category but I think that it belongs to Romance than Sci-fi/Fantasy.

Yes also with the Magic/Genie part in it. (little disclaimer at the beginning that it contains fantasy content)

It was just more about the love between them than her being a Genie and the interaction between Genie and Human, to be honest.

When thinking back to the story, he's had maybe a couple of "meaningful"/big wishes she's had to fulfill for him.

Other than the Warden incident, there wasn't as much of the typical Genie interaction than in other stories.

For me, it borders on "too little" use of the Genie Character and making actual wishes. Most of her actions were her own actions as a "person", not as the one of a Genie.

Also, my biggest point why it belongs in Romance.

She WAS a human once before becoming a Genie and she BECAME human again.

BUT

that's nitpicking on an otherwise great overall romantic Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story you wrote.

Definitely Favorited and 5 Stars.

MarriedButWanderingMarriedButWanderingover 3 years ago
Good Story, but ...

First things first - a person does not "shutter" unless they are shuttering a window. A person "shudders".

With that out of the way, I'd have loved to see Stephen work more with the portal - after all, it should still be magical, even if Grace wasn't. And I'd have liked to see them figure out how to turn the tables on the wardens - after all, they had one in their grasp, and Grace was able to do magic on him that didn't involve sex. Still, I liked the fact that, when he wished her to be free, she also lost her magic - she was free of the wardens as well as her portal.

JimmyHuntJimmyHuntover 3 years ago

Great Story

I've read all chapters. 5* for all. This is the best genieverse story I ever read and Stephan's gentlemen behaviour is the best part about this story. And sex scence are very steamy.

RRC2RRC2over 3 years ago

A delightful story and a wonderful read. The reader falls in love with Grace and Stephen, hates the bad guys, loves the characters like the mother, the grandparents and the friend.

Technically, it is a well developed and crafted story. The storyteller has strong talent. And a wonderful sense of humor. Even some of the typos were funny, although not intentionally so.

I gave all 12 chapters 5s, and am eager to read more from the author.

THANKS

eragon43eragon43over 3 years ago

Theres always something sad about reaching that last word of the last page of the last chapter of a book. For a time that almost always seems to short you get to experience another life. You share their love, their freindship, their pain and hate. Sadly all these things must come to a close.

And so I am glad I had the opportunity to experience these lives. It was an exceptional story, one I will not soon forget.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Publish it and make a movie

Other than the need for edit (Possessive personal pronouns, "his"and "hers" appear to be misapplied in several instances) your story is logical, believable, and captivating once the initial premise is accepted. The back story of Grace's origin is fascinating. I love your character development! This could be a hit Disney movie with a sanitation of the sex, but then it may lose its magic. Stephen's overcoming Grace's sexual allure is essential to his character development as the hero. i'm rambling. Bottom line: I love your story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you and bless you for the creative gift given to you and your willingness to share. I know you brings you a sense of completion and satisfaction writing. Its a part of your gift mix. For me it allows me to enter into a place my heart longs for and finds rest and enjoyment. I'm now the age of Stephen and Grace and have 6 of my own children and 2 grand children. I have loved for many years wondering if I would see what they got to see. Time will tell but the children asking Stephan and Grace if they ever needed anything exposed to me my heart is away i didn't know my heart was yearning. I am very grateful for your story for my bride...to me..is Grace personified. I will add your name and this story t my very short list of favorites. May you experience the fullness of life for bringing joy to other!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was something else. I've always had a huge soft spot for this genre after stumbling upon the "original" by Joe Brolly, so every time somebody takes another crack at it I'm excited to see what they do. I appreciate your expansion of the "lore" by the introduction of the Order of Light, as well as an interpretation of why these genies even exist in the first place.

Solid writing, kept me engaged more than anything as I read it. I also appreciated that it didn't detour into masturbatory "look at the cool stuff I'm writing" territory and instead remained focused on the tale you wanted to tell.

Now it's time to see if the rest of your works live up to the hype!

Sha52dowSha52dowover 2 years ago

I don't typically read this genre of story on Literotica but I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one. I would have even liked another half dozen pages on their lives before the 'Warden' tracked Grace as they were such an enjoyable couple to read about with normal lives (not counting the whole genie part) and normal problems. Well done.

And as a side quibble, while most of the grammar and spelling errors were easy to read over I'm curious how they come to be? I've never written anything longer than a term paper in college and respect and admire anyone who can write as well as this but it seems such a simple thing to eliminate. Again just a quibble I gave the story 5stars on all 12 parts.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 2 years ago

I really liked this story and read the whole thing over the course of a few days. There are a couple of points that I'd like to bring up though, firstly what happened to his grandma? His Grandpa (and by extension his Grandma) was front and centre when it was a story point but as soon as the event of his death was out of the way, Grandma went missing never to be mentioned again. To me, that seemed like it was all to tick the plot point and wasn't thought about how the characters would react afterwards. Another hanging plot point was the cameras in the neighbours house, were they recording? I'm assuming that if you were using cameras as a security device then you would record it as a matter of course, in which case when the two new wardens turned up at the house they would have had recorded evidence of Stephen and Grace, and the disappearance of Hanif. Even without any magic to track I'm sure they would be very interested to find out what went on.

Anyway, I liked the story as I said but there were points that felt a bit open ended that I think someone else reading through might comment on so you could improve them. Also there seemed to be a few words that were corrected wrongly, probably by a spellcheck program, along with repeated use of the term 'shutter' when I'm sure that 'shudder' was meant. Again, these are things that should have been picked up by someone proof reading or editing so I hope you have someone to do that for you now, a fresh eye can often see what we often overlook.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awwww!! This story is the best! A genuine love story. I cried!!!

But…. Maybe a continuation… and maybe a retcon a bit… like her powers started slowly coming back as a side effect of the pregnancy. After all their first child was conceived while she was still a genie, and his wish was only that Grace be freed, therefore logically the child would still be half genie and by either baby love for mommy or magical osmosis her powers could come back. The warden could be dealt with by a wish that they be gone so they don’t interfere with sex and love.

TREK1TREK1over 2 years ago

CJ

What a wonderful story, now I've read all your stories and still following Fourth Vector.

I love your style of writing.

TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great paced story and I love the spin on the Brollyverse with the jeopardy created by the existence of the Order. But in 2500 years, wouldn't they have spread across the Earth? Did they really still have to be a band of swarthy fanatics who hate America, with a leader who shares a name with the RL president of the Palestinian Authority?

I'm an absolute sucker for happy-ever-after monogamous romance as seen here, and the characterisation of Grace in particular is done so well. But there is a problem with her free will. If he can't be sure that her feelings towards him are driven by anything but magical compulsion, then she can't consent. Normally this contradiction is shrugged off in this genre as she's a genie, not human (and that's fine with me, though I guess some analyses would disagree) but Stephen's mental conflict over the issue is the central driving force here and the internal logic of the story would make him consider himself a rapist. Which weakens the whole thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A wonderful love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Perfect. Thank you for a most enjoyable journey.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

5 stars for every chapter until this one. Sorry about that but I hate this chapter. It doesn’t ruin the story but it maims it a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Second read, 5 stars all the way, a rarity for me.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

What a beautiful story! Damn, I loved every single 12 chapters and rated every one of them with 5 BIG FAT STARS each. A very talented Author and I say that with 15 years of experience as an Editor for two different Publishing companies! Damn C. J. McCormick you should seriously consider writing professionally. I'm 34 years outside the business and retired but you have some serious skills and the fact that you haven't gleaned some of the bad habit of other Literotica story tellers, using dot dot dots and double dashes and more and more are using the em dash, bad habits. Thank you for one hell of an excellent story, I loved it all! Good luck and fortune in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! Thanks for letting us be entertained by your amazing talent, for sharing your work.

5+++ stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed the series and loved the characters. The spelling pedant in me shuddered every time I read “shuttered” but it’s a minor issue and lost in what was a thoroughly entertaining little fantasy.

Now I’m off to check out some antique stores for puzzle boxes….

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars for each and every chapter. A very well written well paced story, full of sex, drama and intrigue.

Two questions though.

How long would Grace have lived if she had not been given her freedom. She was already 2500 years old. What would have happened to her after Stephen's death?

If she had not been given her freedom would her children have been "half Genie" with some of their mothers powers and abilities?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Found this story through reading Big Dick Diplomacy. It was really well written from a narrative standpoint, but I feel like it was a lot of bait and switch on the erotic side of things. The one shower scene hinted at kink/bdsm and never developed it; Grace made mention several times of being able to use all her holes and Stephen didn't; repeated overtures toward group sex went unfulfilled; ditto for body modification - even with the whole workout plan/doing it the hard way subplot, we never got around to hearing about Stephen's new physique.

I'm not saying every story needs kinky sex, group sex, anal, exhibitionism, unrealistic cocks, etc. They don't. But hinting at them over and over again only to have your characters engage exclusively in vanilla sex feels like the smut equivalent of violating Chekhov's gun.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 1 year ago

A story well worth the time taken to read in my opinion, as an old romantic, I was very entertained. I rated each chapter a full five stars, and seriously look forward to more of your work.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53about 1 year ago

Excellent story from the first chapter. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love this story! Very well written and very cute! Just loved the beautiful ending…so blissful maybe even cried a little.

One thing jumped out as I read it. While I loved it was definitely very nice it was a romance and focused on their relationship it’s was kinda too good.

I mean Stephan is a little too good and perfect. Their is one thing you could add that would make him truly great…

Stephan is a guy. Put yourself in his shoes for a second. A completely willing woman shows up with magical powers and will do absolutely anything you want. No saying “no” and nothing is impossible. What going to happen???

Now I appreciate the fact that you are writing a story and don’t want to ruin the mood of it by ruining the story.

But have it hinted at “off screen” In Calvin and Hobbes they reference the Noodle Incident without ever explaining it or the details…

Make Stephan do what just about any guy would do “… for the next 8 weeks, time seemed to stand still as he tore through every adolescent fantasy he’d even had, and a few he invented, both natural and unnatural, as Grace unquestioning compiled to his every whim. Acts and scenarios, that would cause a normal woman to shriek in horror, or cringe in terror Grace willingly endured…”

THEN and here’s the caveat to set Stephan apart from most guys: “… one morning he woke up and drowning in shame and regret at all he’d selfishly put her through bowed to change. And he does.”

That’s love. Not just being good, but becoming good.

ReaderReaderficReaderReaderficabout 1 year ago

What?? No I'm not crying it's just raining in my bedroom. I enjoyed every second of this story it makes me sad to see it end but with the end of this story I begin looking for a new one to fill my heart with joy I only hope that the next one is just as good.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Lovely. Well done!

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Most enjoyable series. Thoroughly appreciated the effort you made to write ths. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories