All Comments on 'A Mystery Valentine'

by Greyman01

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
OvercriticalOvercritical3 months ago

You somehow get the impression that if it had been any of the other three women he was attracted to the story would have gone exactly the same way. He never really expressed any regret that company policy was really hindering his ability to make a pass at one of the four. It was a pleasant little mystery and worth spending the time on, but not worth a very high rating. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not bad, but too many girls in the shortlist for the secret valentine. 2-3 may be reasonable, 5-6 are a strecht. Are there that many girls with similar build, height, voice...?

It looks like he would have been in love with whichever woman was his secret valentine.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood3 months ago

Who knew people in banking had a sex life? Very well written. Enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

He sure went pretty quick from "don't get involved at work" to "who cares that I'm her boss". I'm very curious about what'll happen the next day at the office.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The inclusion of alcohol in the story killed it for me. Not sure why every writer thinks it's necessary to include it in every damn story. 1*

SlithyToveSlithyTove3 months ago

He worries about sexual harassment issues but then hooks up with the one person who he most directly supervises and interacts with, without another thought about that issue? That sure seems to contradict the character established for Rick. Now that said, it's also a pretty quick flip from being a confirmed bachelor to being willing to get seriously involved once Amanda reveals herself. If the idea that somehow by Amanda sending Valentines cards takes company policy off the table, that's certainly not going to be the policy in any situation of which I'm aware. The story as a whole is nicely done, but this is a big flaw.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

I'm fine with the story up until the non-ending. Several commenters bring up valid plot points, but I would expect the sequel with pillow talk would address much of it. 4.1*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGreyman01@Greyman01
I've been away for a while. Life happens and writing hasn't been top of mind. I'm submitting a new story and hopefully will continue some of the ones I have left off. 01-2024