A Neighborly Affair 005

Story Info
Jack begins to change. Will Rose approve?
9.1k words
3.86
4k
8
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EROSSIR
EROSSIR
354 Followers

A Neighborly Affair - 5

I was sitting in the den watching TV when Rose came in from the kitchen. She looked a little desolate. I watched her for a moment as she sank into the couch.

"What's up?"

She looked up at me. It wasn't desolation I saw, but consternation.

"I called Matt to set up the day to finish up the bet."

I nodded in agreement. We had discussed this, and I knew it was on her to-do list.

"He gave it the brush-off. He said it wasn't that important and I should consider the whole thing finished."

I was a little surprised.

"Did he give a reason?"

"He said he was just not into the whole weekend slave thing."

I shrugged.

"Then I wouldn't worry about it too much."

"Do you think it is something about me?"

I looked at her incredulously.

"Are you kidding? You are gorgeous and sexy."

She didn't seem satisfied. I let it go and changed the subject.

"Remember, you still owe me 24 hours and I am not going to let it slide."

That had brought a grin to her face.

"Um. What do you have in mind?"

"That remains to be seen. When do you want to pay off?"

"Well. It seems I am free this Friday and Saturday."

"It's a date."

I changed the subject again.

"The Superbowl party is coming up. Fred and Wilma have offered to host the party. They have finished that huge add-on to the house and want to show it off."

Rose perked up at the mention of another party.

"That sounds fun. Did Fred give you any idea what was going to happen?"

"It was Wilma who called me. She didn't give me anything except the time and date. Said to come casual."

"If Wilma said casual, it means nearly formal."

"Ugh... ok... I was hoping for a nice low-key event."

&&&&&

I spent the rest of the day thinking about the upcoming Friday evening and Saturday with Rose. Her experiences with the other men, and sometimes women, had been so varied that I was a little worried that anything I chose to do would seem humdrum to her. After the night and day at Barney and Wilma's, I felt like I had to come up with something new and different. I just wasn't sure what yet.

It was almost 10 am when Rose came through dressed and seemingly ready to go. I thought I had missed something and jumped up and told her it would only take me a minute to get ready. She shook her head.

"Not this morning. Me, Betty, Allice, and Kitty are going into town to do some shopping. It's a girl's day out. You find something to do around here. We will be back in time for dinner."

I looked a little incredulous. This was something new. I nodded and told her to have a great time and watched at the door as she hurried out to climb into the huge Ford excursion that Kitty had pulled up in front of the house. As it rolled away, I heard a peal of laughter from inside the car.

I decided to get dressed. I really had nothing to do so I wandered across to Barney's house. I knew he was in the same boat I was since Betty was in the SUV as well. I found him sitting on the patio drinking coffee.

"Hey! Come on in, Coffee's on the counter."

"I retrieved a cup of coffee and sat down on the other side of the table."

"What are you going to do today?"

There is a basketball game at one. I thought I would catch that. You wanna watch?"

"Maybe. I'm not really big on basketball."

"Me either. But it's something to do. You got a better idea?"

"Not really."

Barney looked at me.

"Something is eating on you again. What is it."

"Rose and I have been talking. A lot."

"That's good."

I related the news to Barney about Matt's choice to pass on the 24 hours with Rose. I told him she was feeling a little worried that he wasn't attracted to her. Then I told him about my worries that I wouldn't be able to give Rose as exciting a time as everyone else had. Barney listened while sipping coffee. When I was finished, he picked up part of my narrative.

"Let me tell you what I know about Matt. I got this third hand from Betty who got it from Kitty. I am pretty sure of the source so this may be close to the truth."

I scooted a little closer to the table. I hadn't put in my hearing aids that morning.

"According to Kitty, Matt played football from the time he was old enough to get into a Pop Warner league. He was a star in high school, college, and finally in the NFL. He was a defensive tackle and apparently one of the most aggressive and feared in the league at his time. He is big now. I pulled him up on Google. He was a veritable monster then. At 23, he weighed over 325 lb. and could bench press more than his own weight. At the NFL Combine when he went through the draft, he bench pressed 250 lbs. 29 reps. He was a bull.

Kitty says that he once told her that he owed all of that to a college trainer who set him up with steroids. He apparently took them for years to build his muscle mass. He also suffered some of the aftereffects. He wasn't the best student even in high school. He got through college in a special program as a jock in the education department. He graduated with a degree in physical education.

Apparently, the steroids didn't help his intellectual activities, they also took a toll on some of his physical attributes. Kitty told Betty that he was a great big guy with an itty-bitty wiener. Her words. I did some research, and this isn't an unusual by product of steroid use. ``

I listened intently. This was interesting stuff. Told me a lot about Matt.

"I suppose Betty related all of this to Rose?"

"I have no idea. It sounds like Rose is unaware. I wouldn't tell her. Maybe Kitty will fess up at some point. That should make her feel better."

I nodded. Barney wasn't done.

"As far as your other problem, I think I have a few insights to that as well."

"OK. I'm looking for answers. Maybe you have some."

Barney got up and refreshed his coffee. He sat back down and looked at me.

"Jack. You have a beautiful wife, and she loves you madly. Every time we took a break the other night, all she wanted to talk about was you. It's almost a little disconcerting when the woman you are with seems so focused on another man. What I'm saying is that she really doesn't want to go to other places with other men to get these experiences. She would, I think, much rather have them with you."

"Then why doesn't she just say that?"

"At heart, Rose is submissive. She wants someone to take her and lead her there. In some cases, she may want you to make her accept something she isn't really sure she wants to experience. That means that you have to get it in your thick skull that you don't have to worry so much about pleasing Rose. If you let yourself go and expand your horizons into some of these other areas that Rose is interested in, she will be perfectly happy letting you choose the path. That is why it is so important for you to engage her, get her to talk about things. Watch videos and movies. See what captures her interest and turns her on. You might have some success ordering her to tell you what she is thinking about. She is submissive enough, I think, that she would even find that arousing."

"Are you telling me I should treat Rose like a subservient slut that is just there to serve me?"

"Hell no. Get that shit out of your head. Submission has nothing to do with subservience. Look around this little group. Almost all of these women are submissive in some form or fashion. But do any of them strike you as being subservient in the attitudes and their behaviors?"

I had to admit that I could see that when he pointed it out.

"Look. Think like this. These are strong, smart women. They want to take on a submissive role. When they do that with you, they are offering you a gift of that submission. You can accept or reject it. Your choice. They can take back that gift at any time. That is their power, and you have to understand that they have all the power in these relationships. One word can bring all of it to a halt. Right now, Rose desperately wants to give you that gift but something inside her is holding her back. I think it is a fear that she will disappoint you and not the other way around."

"How do I encourage her to do that?"

"Show her that she can do what you want without failing. Along the way I think she will realize that you are more than capable of taking her where she wants to go."

I nodded and sipped the coffee.

"Come on. Let's make some lunch and get ready. That basketball game will start in a few minutes. We might as well watch it. There ain't nothing else on."

&&&&&

Friday rolled around. Most of the day I was busy in the yard. I had been neglecting it and I decided it was time to get busy and make the place presentable. It was still cold, but the day was clear and sunny. Rose and I had been talking. Almost every time we sat down in the same room, I tried to steer the topic toward what I considered the gorilla in the room, our sex life and the escapades over the last few months. She seemed reluctant to discuss it most of the time. I still wasn't sure what was wrong. As I pushed the waste can around the yard, my mind was chewing on the issue as I picked up trash.

I played back most of the conversations we'd had over the past week or so. In every case I had started off with asking her about something particular we had seen in a movie, video, or TV. I asked if she found it interesting, arousing, or even mildly titillating. Invariably, she would make some remark that was neither very specific, nor did it answer my real question. It was like she was avoiding the subject. I was stumped.

After lunch I put my tools and equipment back in the storage shed and headed into the house. I found Rose sitting in the den, curled up on the couch. I had gotten a beer from the refrigerator, and I sat down in the recliner. I noticed that she had been reading something and that she slipped it covertly behind a pillow on the couch. The TV was showing a rerun of an old comedy series.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Watching this inane comedy. Were we really that mindless in the 80s?"

I watched the screen for a few minutes.

"Seems like it."

She shook her head, and I took my chance.

"Are you ready for our appointment tonight?"

She had grinned broadly.

"Oh. I'm ready for sure. Are you ready?"

"I think so. Do you have anything that you want me to add to my list of possible activities?"

And just like that she shut down.

"No."

I knew that was the end of the conversation. I had seen it happen before. I watched the screen for a few minutes without really seeing what was playing. My mind was wrestling with what had just happened again.

For some reason, at that moment, I turned to her.

"Why is it that you can't give me a straight definitive answer when I ask you questions about this stuff. I am trying to get the communication open and started and you just shut it down."

She looked surprised. I don't know if it was the question or the exasperated tone in my voice. She finally answered in a much more subdued voice than I expected.

"I guess it's because I really want you to take the lead, to be in control. I want you to decide what it is that we do. I want to make you happy and that means doing whatever you want."

"But how the hell do I make sure that you are getting what you need out of this deal if you just clam up. I can't read your mind. I don't know what has your interest or is pushing you in a certain direction unless you talk to me."

I saw her expression change. She wasn't getting upset or mad. It was more a look of surprise at my more assertive demands.

"Ummm... I hadn't thought about that. I see your point, but sometimes I don't feel comfortable with you talking about some of this stuff. Maybe it embarrasses me, or I am afraid you will think I have gone over the edge."

I made an exasperated noise.

"For Christ's sake. After the things we have both done in the last few months, do you really think I am going to be surprised at anything you can come up with?"

She looked at me and smiled. She SMILED!

"You might be surprised."

"Try me."

"I might just do that. "

I looked at her as she sat demurely on the couch with her legs curled beneath her. I guess I should have pressed harder, but something inside me caused me to let it go for the time being. I turned back to the TV, but my mind was busy.

&&&&&

I sat and thought. Glancing over at her, I saw that she had pulled whatever she was reading from behind the pillow and had it opened again. It looked like an oversized paperback book. I couldn't see anything to give me an idea of what it was. I glanced at the clock on the TV. It was almost 4pm. I had been playing with an idea. I decided to go with it.

"I want you to be ready to leave the house to go eat at 7pm precisely. Wear what you had planned to wear to begin our 24 hours."

She was looking at me as if I had just told her that it was raining outside. She showed little interest in what I was saying. So, I added to my instructions.

"Be on time or you will find out that I will not tolerate tardiness."

I left abruptly without waiting for a reply or watching to see how she reacted. I headed upstairs to shower. After I shaved and showered and looked in my closet to decide what to wear. My usual attire for an evening out for dinner would have been a pair of khaki pants, a polo shirt, and my old leather deck shoes. Tonight, I wanted a little something different. I found a pair of black jeans and a black long sleeve button down shirt. I added a black leather vest that I had gotten years ago for some event, and a pair of black suede shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror after I was dressed. It was not entirely the look I wanted. I ditched the leather vest and opted for a black sports coat. That was more like it. I put my gear in my pockets and headed downstairs. I stopped in the kitchen and got a bottle of water. I found Rose still sitting on the couch reading. As I entered the book went behind the cushion on the couch. I saw the change in her face when she saw me.

"Jack. You look amazing."

I watched her body language. There were some subtle changes.

"You better get yourself upstairs and get ready. I promise you that you don't want to be late for your appointment with me."

I swear to God I saw her shiver slightly as I spoke to her. She sort of jumped off the couch. As she hurried toward the stairs she muttered softly as she passed.

"Yes Sir."

I waited where I was until I heard the shower start upstairs. I then headed to the couch and searched behind the couch cushion. I was curious about what had her attention so focused. I finally found the paperback book and pulled it out. Looking at the cover I read the title and the subtitle.

Different Loving: The World of Sexual Dominance and Submission

I thumbed through the book looking at the table of contents. I made a mental note to get a copy of the book for myself. I slipped the book back where it had been behind the couch cushion and headed to the living room to wait. I wanted to think a bit more about what I had planned for the next 24 hours.

I glanced at the clock on my phone. It was 7:05. She was late. When she finally appeared, it was at her customary 15 minutes late. She came down the stairs and saw me sitting in the living room facing the door. She stepped into the room, all smiles and twinkling eyes.

I watched her carefully. She seemed nonchalant and carefree. I am sure she thought that the next 24 hours were going to be a lot like our normal routines. I had decided otherwise. She was wearing a brand-new outfit. I was sure it was one that she had picked out during the shopping trip with the other women. She had on a pale blue button-down blouse and a dark blue pleated skirt. The skirt was much shorter than her usual choices stopping at least 4 inches above her knee. She appeared to be wearing sheer stocking. Her shoes were spiked 5-inch heels. They bordered on being CFMs. Her hair was immaculately done as was her makeup. She was beautiful and sexy.

I think she was waiting for me to get up and escort her to the door. Instead, I stayed seated as I spoke to her.

"You're fucking late. I will not tolerate such behavior. When we get back tonight, you will be punished for tardiness. You can think about that while we are having dinner tonight."

I saw her eyes. My attitude and demeanor startled her I suppose. I saw her nose flare as she heard the word punished. To my surprise, I saw her nipples appear through the soft material of the blouse. I knew she was wearing a bra. I could see the line of the shoulder straps. It must be a model that showed her nipples.

I finally stood and walked toward the door. I took her coat from the closet and held it for her. She slipped it on, and I pulled it up over her shoulders. Her eyes were different now. Instead of the little twinkle she had earlier, there was a darker and more intense look about her.

I had chosen a restaurant some distance away. We rode in almost total silence across town and finally pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant and club called "The Den." It wasn't quite a dive joint, but it was close. I opened the door for her and we headed into the restaurant.

The waitress met us at the door and led us to a table near the small stage. I knew that there was supposed to be a group playing Jazz and I assumed that this was the stage. The dance floor was small indicating that dancing was not the usual activity. When the waitress came back and asked for our drink orders, I ordered for both of us.

"I will have a double scotch on the rocks. The best single malt scotch your bar offers. The lady will have a double vodka gimlet."

Rose was taking this all in carefully. I usually let her order on her own. The waitress left. I waited for Rose to comment, but she just sat looking at me as if she were contemplating something deeply. I was looking at the menu. When the waitress returned with our drinks, I was ready to order dinner.

"The lady will have the garlic roasted chicken with a dinner salad and the steamed vegetable. I will have the ribeye steak, cooked rare, with a baked potato and a salad."

"Very good Sir."

The waitress left with our order, and I picked up my drink.

Rose was still looking at me a little suspiciously. I smiled at her and turned to watch the band as they took the stage.

Dinner was ok, but nothing spectacular. The Jazz was ok. We finished our meal, had another drink, at my insistence, and then headed to the car. I had led the conversation carefully. I avoided any topic that remotely touched on BDSM, our relationship, or the events of the past few months. I wanted the conversation to be as innocuous and bland as possible. Once we were back in the car and I started driving, Rose noticed that I was not going in the right direction to go home. She asked where we were going.

"I need to do a little late-night shopping. I think you will find it interesting."

I pulled into the parking lot of a non-descript strip mall. It was late but there were quite a few cars in the parking lot at one end. I parked in a space at the end of the line of cars. We were parked in front of a shop called, The Loving Couple. It was a sex shop that I had scoped out a few days earlier.

"Get out. We are going shopping."

As Rose stepped out of the car, I could see that her eyes were big. She was also a bit flushed which I took to be a good sign. We headed into the store. I knew that the store had a wide variety of adult type merchandise from clothing to sex toys. There was also a peep show type of arrangement where you could pay a small fee and watch a few minutes of some cheesy porno in privacy.

We walked in and I led Rose through some of the displays. The man behind the counter looked sketchy at best. When he saw Rose, a leering smile crossed his face. I felt Rose sort of step behind me. The man came down behind the counter a bit closer and then spoke to Rose, not to me."

EROSSIR
EROSSIR
354 Followers