All Comments on 'A New Age Mystery Comes to Life Pt. 01'

by TexasFarmBoy

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story!

I hope there will be more parts coming soon.

AxelottoAxelottoabout 6 years ago
Yes, I really liked this

Interesting puzzles, interesting characters, reasonable speed at developing leads and relationships. I look forward to more chapters.

loragassloragassabout 6 years ago
Your Usual Great Work

As usual you did a superb job, I can't wait for Put.2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great start

I love mysteries, and this one is starting off to be one of the best I've seen. Please keep the parts coming.

phred1phred1about 6 years ago
Off to a good start!

A very enjoyable and well done story . . . Will look forward to the continuation.

Evil52Evil52about 6 years ago
Wonderful start

From what I've read of your work this is excellent. I can't wait to read more.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
TERROIST TRACKING

the new inter=net game for law enforcement, TK U MLJ LV NV

AlunCarregTheWelshmanAlunCarregTheWelshmanabout 6 years ago
you got a 5* from me

I will look forward to chapter 2

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 6 years ago
@ tazz317 03/18/18

But for most law enforcement IT units if it isn't kiddie porn and maybe cyber harassment they don't know what it is.

Severe tunnel vision on their parts.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years ago
Thank you so much

You were as good as I knew you would be. Thanks for being part of the Magical Mystery Tour and I look forward to part two. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Best of this offering

This is easily the best one in this group. Some appeared to be a rush job. Not so here, this is a superb piece of work. Thanks for a great story. Anxious to read more

KelteriserKelteriserabout 6 years ago
more!

I feel totally involved in this story, well written, good characters and a credible plot.

Really looking forward to see where this goes

congrats on a great job

doofus67doofus67about 6 years ago
Great first chapter

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Well written characters and a great storyline.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Many thanks

Trekfan1983Trekfan1983about 6 years ago

I am soooooo looking forward reading the next installment. Thank you!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Good job........mostly.

Very good writing and plot.

Well detailed story

of the characters.

But little else.

I really don't feel like I know them.

Especially the two main characters.

What are their hopes, dreams, passions?

Damn if I know.

Then comes the romance.

Maybe perfect for some,

but mushy for me.

Sound more like a teenage crush

than adult life.

That's the way I see it anyway.

But all in all a good story.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
So far so good

The story did seem to drag a little. Like another commentator pointed out the story gives a good description of the two main characters but we still don’t know much about them. On to chapter two.

patilliepatillieabout 6 years ago
I like the story

but the cutesy, high school level banter back and forth is annoying. Maybe I am too old to remember that stuff, but I dont think I did it past 24 yrs or so old. Not having the story done, and posting on consecutive days, does make folks lose interest, I never read in novella section, so I prob wont ever be back to this.

Crusader235Crusader235about 6 years ago
Good

Good start, can't wait for more. Hope to get more crime and less dating. Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
When will we see part 2?

Great story so far. I've checked back every day since part 1 was posted. Where is the rest of the story?

WF06WF06about 6 years ago
Tell them all to piss up a rope!!!

Yep! That's the way I see it, Anyone not liking this this story should go piss up a rope or into the wind. Hell, I am in my 70's and really enjoy the banter you allow your characters in most of your stories, I am in my 70's and let me say that my wife and our friends enjoy banter even now. And we do it often, along with what was called mushy love. Hell, if it ain't mushy, it ain't love. Now finish this one up and start work on your new one.

Richie4110Richie4110about 6 years ago
Very well done

Loved it and wanting more. Great characters and detailed police work make this an amazing thriller of a story.

Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A few clues can tell a lot.

"Would you date a woman who carried a gun and was a very good shot? And oh, I would bust your ass in a minute if you stepped out of line."

I had to read that paragraph 3 times before I accepted that it was not a typo or written by mistake. How could the author think anyone, but especially a man, would find such a woman objectionable? I have to assume because the author could. He affirms that presumption in the preceding sentence: "I would think that a lot of guys would look past your career and see the woman you are."

What The Fuck!? Why would any real man need to "look past" a female police officer's career to see the woman she is? Oh, its obvious now. Again the author would, and apparently thinks such stereotyping and myopia is normal, maybe even expected, for the "men" he is familiar with. I suspect that while he and his cohorts have the X-Y chromosomes, they have submerged or obliterated their manhood for the more politically acceptable traits of sensitivity, compassion, nonviolence, and, of course, diversity. Well, except when diversity includes strong, confident, gun-toting women. And most white guys who haven't yet exchanged their gonads for the feminist agenda.

So you keep writing this juvenile sophomoric drivel, and you will continue to get pats on the back and high fives, from all the other mediocre writers in the hive. Just stay away from the open market and the larger literate public and you won't get your feelings hurt. Which is what its all about anyway. Sorry for being so mean spirited and insensitive. If you think this story is believable then you probably believe that last sentence too.

Oh, you can delete this comment now. Reality must always be sacrificed to idealism. Or maybe you can just have me prosecuted for a hate crime. Can't have thoughts not allowed by the government, not in your version of a perfect world. God help us if you succeed. Yeah, I know, there is no god. And Government regulation is freedom.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 6 years ago
Anonymous is off her meds...

Wow, take a pill. Drink an adult beverage. Stop and smell the roses. Go blow several more thousand on therapy. Whatever it takes. I’m sorry you have daddy issues, or that your mommy didn’t breastfeed you, or that your divorce was so traumatic. But most of all I wish you’d grow a pair and sign your name to your harridan’s screed. If you won’t sign your name to it, then you’re admitting it’s shameful. No one held a gun to your head to make you read the story, no one made you spend your time writing down your little hissy fit, and if you’re so terribly disappointed in the story, why don’t you demand your money back?

Even better, go write a story of your own, and place a link here so we can see how much better you are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hey, anonymous

Are you sure you read that paragraph Three times to accept it, not to understand it? My money would be on the latter. The old answer applies here, if you don't like it go away. There is no need to try and increase your own perceived importance by criticising someone while using your anonymity to hide.

jonjohn447jonjohn447almost 6 years ago
Great story!

Great story! Please don't make us wait forever for Part 02.

I particularly appreciated how you juxtaposed their personal lives against their professional lives. Your writing skill has really drawn me into both stories. Thank you for sharing, and hurry up with Part 02.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 5 years ago
Still waiting for the next part.

But good things take a goodly time, right?

IndyOnIndyOnover 5 years ago
Still waiting?

It's been five months and we are still waiting for Pt 2 ???

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
please finish this

Any update on when this will be completed? We've been waiting a long time. Very soon I hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful story.

Like some others here (maybe all of them) I can't wait for part 2 to be posted.

Great story, good writing.

Thanks!!

NYCGuy68NYCGuy68over 5 years ago
Are you OK?

9 months and counting for Part 2.

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousover 5 years ago
Best yet

I've read a number of your stories and have enjoyed them, though to be honest, some of them got repetitive. This one is different. You have also cleaned up your writing a lot, making it much easier to enjoy. I look forward to part 2, and promise I will read it at first opportunity when it is posted. Thanks for a good read.

Proud dad of two cops

Son of Callicious

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenabout 5 years ago
More please

Anything we can do to help?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Still around?

I mailed this guy as he has been inactive for so long, to ask if he was ok and got no reply, (Iused my username, so not anon.) I think he may not be around anymore, on here at least, if not elsewhere.

ojalalalaojalalalaover 4 years ago
Another fun romantic story, ...

...Author has a good mystery going to! All this about the older trucks is interesting. I look forward to the rest of this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Damn, What A Great Story

And I know that a lot of people, including me, are going to be extremely disappointed if it doesn’t get finished. It is, so far, probably the best mystery story I’ve read here on Lit. And I mean no disrespect to other authors here or their stories by that. I just really

want to see this story finished. So come on, TexasFarmboy, help us out here, huh?

BubbacumBubbacumover 4 years ago
More

You really need to continue this! It’s excellent so far!!

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Huh with you so far I think

Continue

NYCGuy68NYCGuy68almost 4 years ago
Just deal with it People

For whatever the reason this author doesn't want to either write or submit to publish a Part 2. Why? I have zero idea but I see that he published something in 2019 and already here in 2020.

OK, call me cynical.

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 4 years ago
Where's part 2 n 3 n4 n 5 ?

Such a great start irs a shame its not getting continued..

nwiannwianalmost 4 years ago

I love your stories but where is the rest of tis one? I hope you can get it (them) on here soon

mcollectmcollectalmost 4 years ago
Just started to read your works after reading Sailing

And you leave this story hanging Boo! And I really loved this one, one of your best.

popden289popden289over 2 years ago

I'm not giving you your 5 stars until you finish at LEAST part 2. Shit, with these caracters and your writing, you can go on until your old age.

Please don't stop there

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Needs to be completed.

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Excellent, excellent romance. So good to read. Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great start, great characters, wish it had an ending... So very disappointed that such a great mystery and love story hasn't been finished and doesn't look to be. 4* would be 5 if the story was complete.

WoodencavWoodencav11 months ago

Great storey, but when will I see the next chapter? ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

goodshoes2goodshoes210 months ago

Todays' date is 07/11/23. I am assuming part 2 will never be written and/or published. Damn shame because part 1 was a smash hit. Seems like you disappeared from the face of the earth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous