A New Alexandra Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Any chance at more clippers? I'm not gonna complain. They buzzed again, spending a minute sending tiny snippets of hair to the hardwood floor. And turning me the fuck on. What the hell?

"OK, all done. How you are doing, sweetie?"

"I'm...fine. Yeah, fine. It looks really good. I think." Please, please don't notice.

"Just wait until we finish." Paul released the clips atop Alexandra's head, letting the remaining hair fall. He sprayed it down, then combed. "OK, I'd like to do something a little different than the plan, just marginally. Is that ok, or do you want to discuss it?"

"Go for it. I trust you." God knows why, but ok.

"Great." Alexandra gripped the armrests tightly as he snipped away. I should cross my legs. Yikes. His hands flew across her head, expertly hacking away excess length.

Deep breaths.

Paul hummed along to the music.

"How's it looking?"

"Hm?"

"How's it looking?" she repeated.

"Perfect. Sorry, I just get in a zone. I see you managed to keep your nails intact at your game tonight."

Alexandra looked down at the wine-red nails with their white tips. Yes, by some miracle they survived to match with tonight's lipstick.

"Small blessings." His body had moved in front of her, blocking her view. Hair fell from above her forehead, landing in her lap. Jesus, there's a lot of it.

"Sometimes the best kind." Three more snips, then a flurry of hands, organizing Alexandra's hair. Wow. That was fast. "OK, let's have a look."

Alexandra blinked at the image in the mirror. Blinked again, then shook her head slightly, beaming. The hair on top had been styled to the left and forward, a choppy style with its sandy brown tips falling just below eye level. Whoa. I look like a different person. I actually look fucking cool. She tousled the strands, feeling the lightness. Ran her fingers over the buzzed sides and back, stroking the soft hairs on her nape. Yep. Yep. A thousand times yep. And...yeah, that's just hot.

Her eyes met Paul's in the mirror.

"I love it. Love it. My head feels about ten pounds lighter."

He gripped her by the shoulders, giving a quick squeeze. "Great. I'm so jazzed to hear that. Ready to do the shampoo? We can talk styling after that."

Alexandra felt like she was floating as they moved to a washbashin. This is real. This is real. I look totally cute and also way hot. Whoa.

"Sweetie, the worst part is over. Relax and enjoy it. From here it's basically a head massage and a blow-dry. You've jumped out of the airplane, so enjoy the view."

Alexandra's muscles relaxed as Paul shampooed and conditioned her remaining hair. Just a head massage. That "just" is important. Feels fucking amazing. If this was Kira doing this, I'd be leading her straight to the bedroom afterward. A minute later, she was back upright, her stylist's words hammering through her head faster than she could take them in.

"Bottom line," he said, "is pretty simple. Flip it left." She did so, with him running a blowdryer while he talked through the styling possibilities. "I'll show you a little trick in a second, but the cool thing with pixies like yours is that they're simple but varied. Anything you do takes three minutes, but you can go for so many different looks. Straight back and slicked -- don't think I didn't see you rocking that flannel -- is one thing. Swiped to either side, and I'll show you a trick with that. You can even fauxhawk it if you're feeling like...well, let's face it. You're never going to fauxhawk it, are you?"

"Maybe in the shower," Alexandra laughed. "Can't go wrong with a good shampoo mohawk." Hot air tingled the buzzed parts of Alexandra's head.

"OK, now the cool part. Or, cool-ish." The hair was dry and warm now, Paul's hands in expert mode. He took a massive comb and flipped the style from one side to the other. "It's slightly asymmetric. Longer if you style it this way than to the left. This way, it should settle around the bottom of your nose."

"Wow. Um, let's go with it this way? I really like both, though. So you mean one side's a little longer than the other?"

"Exactly. You can play with it all you want. It's your hair. But let me send you home with some styling products to help."

Shit. And now's when I wish I was Kira, with her giant purses. I just have a wallet that tucks into my jacket pocket.

"Um, well. Actually I'm supposed to go out right after this?" Ditz voice, Alexandra.

"Oh, right, you said that." He ruffled her hair one final time, scattering some styling product through it, then removed the cape. "Fortunately, I can just drop them off. I'll take a few things for you and you can get them when you get home."

"How much do I owe you?"

Paul laughed. "Zero. Kira and I had a little bet, so she's paying. For the products as well."

"A bet?"

"Yeah." He looked sheepish. "If you hated it, it was on the house. If you liked it, you'd pay. If you loved it, Kira pays. So don't back out now."

"Wouldn't dream of it," she said, scooping up her jacket and heading for the door. The salon had mostly emptied, but Alexandra noticed heads turning in her direction.

One woman in particular stared, not even attempting to disguise her interest. Really? I know I look good, but is it that different? She flipped the hair from one side to the other, garnering a deep blush in response. That's a yes.

She opened the door, cold night air blasting her face.

--

In the days since she'd last visited, the Loop had transformed to Christmas mode. Tinsel-bedecked greenery lined shop windows, and seemingly every lobby sported a fir tree larger than the last. White lights shined from every direction.

This is the city tourists come to see, she thought. And I'm fortunate enough to live here. Alexandra turned right at the Willis Tower, squinting upward at its enormous bulk. Well, that is what the tourists come to see. She'd stopped on the way and impulse-purchased a Santa hat. It sat atop her head now, pom-pom to one side.

Seconds later she was standing outside the wine bar's glass-fronted entrance. Reflection? Check, she thought, adjusting the hat. And yes, I'm a tease, Kira.

Inside, Alexandra spent a bewildered second glancing around the crowded interior. Same garland-festooned seasonal transformation. Finally, she spotted a waving hand in the bar area. Thank God. Mette. There are advantages to being tall.

"Welcome, New Girl," she said, glass of wine in hand.

"I thought it was Honey now? At least, judging by your wife?" Several more teammates crowded around two high-top tables. Alexandra slid her coat onto a chair.

"How many times must I tell you to ignore what my wife says?" There was a twinkle in the pale woman's eye. Elegant, Alexandra thought. That's the word for her. Tall, slender, blue eyes and sleek hair. Elegant. "Anyway, what are you drinking, honey? My treat."

"Ooooh," said Alexandra. "You sure Meg won't say something about you buying a drink for a pretty young thing like me?" Alexandra. You're flirting. Stop.

"I just told you I don't recommend listening to her." Mette winked. Long, full eyelashes, and that's with no mascara. Lucky bitch. "Besides, if she keeps chatting up the bartender, nobody in this entire place is getting a drink, so Meg's in no position to complain. And Kira's been doing her 'fixing my makeup' routine for ten minutes, so I'm not seeing anyone to object. Are you?"

"Malbec," said Alexandra. "And thank you."

Mette smiled, running her fingers through her hair. "You're going to show me, aren't you?"

"Show you what?" Alexandra grinned back. Ah, fuck it, just keep flirting. She's married. It's innocent.

"Honey, did you see half the people staring at you as you walked in? It wasn't because of your overcoat or that cute Santa hat, I'll tell you that."

"Oh? What was it? Flatter me, married lady."

Mette stepped closer to her. Lowered her voice. "You clean up nicely, Alexandra. Incredibly nicely. Look around you."

Alexandra glanced around.

"There are a lot of women in here. Your makeup is the best of any of them. Your figure is at least as good as any of them. And with all due respect to my wife and your girlfriend, I think you might be the most attractive of any of them." She paused, hand grazing Alexandra's arm. "Flattering enough, New Girl?"

Fuck yes. And I thought I was flirting too hard. Message received. The blush spreading across her face warmed Alexandra's whole body. OK, more than a blush.

"Present company excepted, I assume," she said. "I mean, I don't have that accent of yours."

"I like your style, Alexandra. I like your attitude even more. Let's keep this conversation private, shall we?"

"Depends. How long am I waiting for my wine?" Alexandra returned the wink, whipping the hat off. "Malbec."

"Malbec," repeated Mette, turning away. "Oh, one more thing. Not 'might be' on that last compliment. 'Are.' Your hair looks fucking sexy, honey."

"Th-thank you," stammered Alexandra. She knows exactly what she's doing. Knows about the tingling I'm feeling all over my body. Deep breath.

Alexandra made small talk with the rest of the team, accepting hugs from several, compliments from more, and smiles from all. I'm starting to feel accepted here, even if they all call me New Girl.

"I love your hair!" said Shannon, wrapping Alexandra in an embrace. "So fetch!"

Yep, a Mean Girls quote. "Shannon. Stop trying to make fetch happen." Right back at ya.

"It's not going to happen," interjected Wally. Allison. Her name is Wally like I'm New Girl. Remember her damn name.

The three women laughed. Shannon raised a glass, as did Wally.

"If only I had something..."

"You do," said Mette, sliding a glass into her fingers. She disappeared as quickly as she came. Not without letting her hand brush all the way across my shoulders, though.

"Cheers," said Alexandra, clinking glasses. She sipped the wine, berry undertones filling her mouth. "Any of you seen Kira?"

Shannon rolled her eyes. "Touching up her makeup, as if she ever looks anything less than perfect. But you know her best."

"Thanks." I sure do, thought Alexandra. Better than I thought I'd ever know another woman. She donned the hat as she approached the restrooms, catching the stares on a few surrounding diners. So Mette wasn't lying.

Kira didn't notice her enter. She looks amazing, Alexandra thought. Bent over a sink, touching up mascara, her girlfriend was clad in dark jeans and a red sweater, both of which hugged her curves perfectly. Knee-length boots completed the look, fitting tight to her calves.

"Kira." Alexandra leaned on the wall, wineglass in hand. She met the blonde's eyes in the mirror.

"Ohmygod!" Kira stood upright, wheeling around. "You scared the hell out of me!"

"I didn't mean to. You looked busy."

"I literally forgot to do anything for my eyes before I left home," Kira replied.

"And?"

"And after I saw how you went out the door? No way I was bringing anything less than my A game." She stepped forward, bootheels clicking on the tile floor.

"Looks like you brought it."

"As did you." Kira's body pressed against hers. She's wearing perfume. Brought the A game indeed. "Doesn't seem there's anyone else here right now. Hmm."

"Funny," said Alexandra, leaning in. Her free hand slipped behind Kira's neck, pulling her taller partner in closer.

Their lips met, the scent of Kira's perfume filling Alexandra's nostrils. She felt long, eager fingers trace the tendons of her neck, rising to the buzzed hair on her nape.

Whoa. I really like that feeling. Kira scratched lightly at her scalp, fingertips stimulating the sensitive skin. The kiss deepened, their tongues intertwined. Alexandra felt her lower lip pull away, Kira's teeth closing around it.

"Mmmm." The hat fell, swept aside by Kira's confident hand. Lips moved to the side of Alexandra's neck, then to her ear.

Alexandra closed her eyes and tilted her head. Just don't spill your wine. There was a soft creak in the background, followed by a softer thump.

She gasped when Kira's tongue traced her jawline, fingers interlaced with the longer hair atop her head.

From somewhere behind Kira came a cough.

Shit! She and Kira broke apart, over-lit bathroom glare flooding her eyes.

But laughter followed immediately after.

"Ladies, ladies," said Meg, covering her mouth. "OK. First, New Girl? This isn't a frat party. Don't take your drink to the bathroom. You have friends for that. Leave the wine with Wally, even if she drinks half of it. Second, if you're going to make out with my friends, have the common decency to let me watch, ok?"

I'm about to hide under the sink. Even if I'm about to burst out laughing. And thank heavens it was Meg, out of all the women in this bar.

"Megan, Megan, Megan," said Kira. "My girlfriend is far too hot to let you watch for us for free. You know better than that."

"Don't 'Megan' me, Miss Manning. You're the one sucking some chick's face in a public restroom when you have a perfectly good residence for conducting such scandalous activities." She paused. "And besides, my wife bought New Girl her drink, so consider that a down payment on the show."

"Well, I hope you enjoyed it then, Megan." Alexandra had found her voice. She raised the glass in mock toast.

Meg shook her head. "Kira, seriously? Where did you find this girl? She makes your sarcasm seem positively benign."

"I picked her up at a library," replied Kira, shrugging. Not even a hint of a blush. "So, did you come here to see if we might be hooking up, or what?"

"Oh, no. I came in here for the usual reason, you fucking weirdo. But, now that you mention it, it's not so bad to find you two in private."

"Oh?"

"If form holds, this little party will break up in an hour and a half or so. Mette and I were wondering if afterwards you two wanted to join us for ice skating. Just the four of us."

Kira and Alexandra exchanged a glance. The blonde nodded.

"I'll take that as a yes, then."

"Yes," said Alexandra. What's this about?

"Good. Now, if you'll excuse me." She headed for a stall. "New Girl, you might want to pick up your hat before some elf comes chasing after you. Now shoo, you pair of skanks. You disgust me."

But she said all that with an absolutely enormous grin on her face, Alexandra thought.

--

Alexandra and Kira held hands as they returned to the group.

"Well, that was awkward," Alexandra said.

Kira shrugged. "It's only as awkward as you make it. Besides, you're the one who likes to get herself off in moving cars, so let's not play the 'I'm so shy' card." She squeezed Alexandra's hand, planting a kiss on her hair at the same time.

"Oh, shhh. That was once."

"And you'd do it again in a heartbeat."

"Fine, true. Fuck you, Kira."

"Yep, that's the plan. Seriously, though, Meg's right. Don't take your drink to the bathroom, weirdo."

"I love you too, you...what was it, skank?"

"I mean, if the shoe fits." Kira tilted her head. "Hey, whoa. That's unexpected."

"What?" Alexandra regarded their little group. Her eyes stopped on an olive-skinned woman in a red dress. Lucía. The woman who doesn't like conversation and doesn't drink. "Hm, yeah. Wow." Who's standing there chatting with Shannon, looking like a million bucks and holding a glass of white.

"Kira. Alexandra," she said.

"Lucía. You look incredible," Kira responded. "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"Romance," followed by a sip of wine, then a grimace. "Or the lack thereof. I figured since I got dumped when I got home, I might as well go out and have a drink or three."

"I'm sorry," said Kira and Alexandra. In perfect unison. From a couple. Probably not what you want to hear when you've just been dumped.

"You two are seriously adorable." Another pained grimace. "But thank you. I suppose it was time."

"Well, get your mind off it?" As soon as she said them, the words seemed painfully inadequate.

"Trying. Also, your hair looks fucking awesome. I see you spent your postgame time better than I did."

"Thanks."

"Actually, there was something else I wanted to ask you about."

"Sure."

"I've talked to most of the girls now, and everyone thinks you're an amazing addition to the team. So I wanted to see if you knew anyone else who might be able to help us, like anyone else who you played college with?"

"Well, I don't know...what type of player are you looking for?"

"Someone who would play winger or forward if you were playing 11-on-11. Preferably fast, preferably left-footed. Most preferably, quite good."

You've just described Sam Reynolds to a T. But she still has college eligibility, so coach would probably be pissed if she played indoor.

"I see you've got someone in mind."

"I do." But she might not want to do it, and I might not want her to. I've had the girlfriend-meets-fuckbuddy incident once recently, and I'm not sure if I can stand it again. "I'll need to ask her, but I do know someone who would work."

"How much does she know about Mean Girls?" Shannon, finally breaking her silence.

"Well, she's from Evanston, so I'd guess quite a bit."

"Oooh, local girl." Lucía toyed with her shiny black hair. "Maybe if she joins up, you won't be New Girl anymore."

"Don't bet on it, New Girl." Shannon again.

"I'll ask her anyway. And it's better than 'Honey.'"

"Sure thing, honey." Fuck you, Kira.

Kira raised her glass. "Anyway, cheers."

"To new beginnings," said Alexandra.

"Better than 'whatever,'" Kira whispered in her ear. "Your toasts are improving."

--

They crossed Michigan Avenue to the ice rink, presided over by Chicago's most famous piece of public art.

"What's it actually called?" said Mette. "The Bean, I mean."

Mind. Gutter. Alexandra, she's talking about a shiny metallic tourist attraction the size of a house, not a clit.

"Cloud Gate," replied Kira. "The rough draft -- which looks nothing like this one other than being shiny and silver -- got installed in Houston. Same artist."

"Seriously?" Mette's Nordic accent sharpened the question to an accusation.