All Comments on 'A New and Delicate Balance Ch. 05'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Outstanding

Outstanding writing, powerful, emotional dialogue, gut-wrenching drama. Poor Eric - how will life shit on him again in the future? Was he born to be a victim? I am avidly following this tale.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Damn

This guy knows how to pick women! It will be interesting to see who the father of the baby is. I hope he catches a break somewhere down the line.

ohioohioover 17 years ago
so much pain, beautifully expressed

How much poor Eric suffers, and how little it seems he deserves it!

If he's anything other than a decent, loving guy trying his best, then I'm missing something. I keep rooting for him and rooting for him, as I did with Elaine; and the women in his life keep treating him about as badly as a man can be treated.

No fun for him, but beautifully written about and very powerful. Thanks Angique!

ohio

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Divorce the cheater

Eric needs to find someone like Mary Irene was nothing but a lier and a cheat she should join Elaine they would be right for each other Eric first should get a lawyer and prove that the baby isnt his so he doesnt get hit with child support and then he needs to get Phil to accept that he is the father through DNA Tests.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Tales of Sorrow!

Yikes, Eric sure attracts the losers. Maybe it is time to hear from some of the other characters in this saga. How much will Eric take before he gets some form of revenge? Will Irene's pregnancy go full term; who's kid is it and what race is Eric? Questions, questions...

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Time

Time for Eric to grow a set, kick ass and take names, no more feeling sorry, turn the demon loose!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Time for Phil to go down

Time for Irene to grow up, take responsibility for her lies, disrespect, cheating. A lawyer she is, a liar by trade. She knows what she is and that she is to blame but lies to him and to herself. Divorce the bitch, if the DNA test make it yours, file for custody. No problems just let it go. You cant change a cheater, they will lie and promise you anything. But, at the first excuse, will cheat again and be able to explain it away again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Good

Angi,

You are very good. This story is getting interesting. I hope you continue to write and post your stories here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Poorly Written

The dialogue in this story is particularly bad. People just don't talk like this writer has them doing. Second, I still don't buy the premise for the story. It's pitifully weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sooooooo...

...are we to assume that the child on the way is Phil's? It certainly seems that it is and that's why Mary didn't mention who it was that wanted a million from Phil.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
why prolong this weak man cockold

men don't break apart so easy where i come from.walking around like a drama queen don't cut it.get some balls and go after phil and see who the baby belongs too.yes you been shit on,now it your time to shit back with a vengance.mr.nice guy sucks,fuck mary as well.or keep whining like a bitch.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
another lesbian that hates ALL Men story -Yawn

let me guess ... he takes her back right? after all he is a man and anything a man feels or thinks is of no vaue... right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
got my interest

very well written. you are one of the better writer on this site. keep it up. you're very good w/ feelings/emotions.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
What a revolting developement!

Things couldn't look much worse. For BOTH of them.

Couples DO get back together again in real life, you know. It is never easy but it can be done. Depends what they BOTH want and how much they want it.

Since I like happy endings I'm hoping he can forgive her and forget, over time.

He is obviously so much in love with her that it really hurts him deeply, very deeply. Maybe in a coupla weeks or so, they can talk!?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
come on Nightowl; NO reconciliation is possibe

come on nightowl...look I know you love the happy ever after shit and supee wimps but given ERIC's history with his previous nasty EVIL wife the fact that Irene KNEW this and still openly and wantonly fucked PHIL... come on

.........................................no way can they reoncile.... besides knowing this writer ERIC will be ganged by lesbian Klingon aliens in the next sad pathetic chapter

NucleusNucleusover 17 years ago
Poor eric

He jumped out of the frying pan into the fire

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
And on & On About the Sub Male Always Assfucked

Beautiful writing about pain is still assimilated pain delivered purposely by a vile female writer seeking to grind wimpy and all caring males into the gutter.

How's that for delicate imbalance!!!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 17 years ago
Abused, effeminate man still sings the "same old"

I think the best aspect of this story is the excellent quality of the writing. The imagery, the adept use of language, all are very good. But I guess I'm old fashioned. When I studied literature, I learned that the hero of a story (it appears to be Eric, correct?) is the one who goes through a change. So far, despite repeated lessons (don't we ever learn from history, which often repeats itself), Eric can't seem to change his behavior. I still feel that Eric is the abused "wife" based on earlier chapters and it seems to again hold true in that he just keeps taking abuse. He says he tries to avoid drinking but then gets drunk with his buddies (he still can't face his problems squarely), and of course, in walks his unfaithful wife at the precise time he is confused by the booze. She is a lawyer and once again represents the traditional, powerful "man" in the relationship, behaving as though the "rules" don't apply since lawyers make them. So having heard his troubles from his previous marriage, then supposedly falling in love with him, Irene decides to cuckold her husband with another attorney who clearly feels the rules don't apply to him either. So she feels the need to prove her power and hurt the one she loves, just like an abusing spouse in real life. She knows as a lawyer and from experience that cheating always comes out eventually. And (this is hardly original) Phil's cock is bigger, or at least thicker, than Eric's. Eric is depressed again, figuring he attracts women who look at him for the wimp he obviously is. This symbolizes the abused woman who often seeks repeatedly-abusive relationships with men likely to mistreat her again (i.e., "Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them"). For a man who is obviously intelligent, he really acts unbelievably stupid. Mary knows about all Phil's cheating. One would think Eric could figure it out, having experienced the cheating spouse in the past. The signs are always there; quick blow job to dissuade Eric from an actual love-making session, the partner not acting right despite all attempts to act "naturally" and of course, the shower to wash away the traces of the other lover . . . It is unrealistic for Eric to reconcile with Irene -- can he really ever trust her again? If the child is his (DNA testing is mandatory in my book), then he can get visitation, or joint custody, or whatever. If not, then he should sue Irene, Phil, the lawfirm, and whomever else he can, for as much as he can get. Even then, he should file against Phil for loss of consortium and so forth. I will be interested in how this all ends. I am doubtful that Eric can ever be happy. His self-esteem must be at minus 100 about now. It is time for Eric to get into therapy.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
First comments

I am telling you in advance. This is just a preview for a more detailed review. The reason: you have a lot of promise. There seems to be a disconnect between the content of the story and the beautiful style. It’s like someone who bought the most sophisticated graphic design machine which can do wonders, but for now has only limited control over its performance. At times the stylistic features match the content, and the result is a crushingly strong piece. At other times I groan and want to tell you: No, No No; no guy would ever talk or behave like that with other guys, it may sound wonderful in the sentence but it’s just not real.

I want to congratulate you of course on getting the quality award. I hope you take it as a well deserved acknowledgment of your technical skills, and as an encouragement to work hard in the future on building more solid internally cohesive plots.

CarlM69CarlM69over 17 years ago
Questions

Are all your normal, straight, white male characters stupid wimps? Will you see any of them who have a modicum of morality as having any strength or brains? Do they all have to be beaten to a pulp either literally or mentally? What do you have against nice guys?

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Bravo to the reader Vulcan!

You must have been a good student, as proven by the adept demonstration of the structural analysis of the story. The FUNCTION of the “abused wife” now transformed into the character of the husband fits him like…bruised face of an abused wife. The FUNCTION of the “abusive husband” fits the wife like you took it from a manual.

Which makes me wonder, are we seeing a new wave of a feminist revolution (at least a literary one) as seen by several female writers, to counter the post- feminist one, and to move the pendulum back towards the previous generation of the more militant feminist revolution (think 60’s) where man roles where aspired and imitated and more overt expressions and or actions of cross gender hostility were freely exchanged? Hmmm…maybe each generation feels the need to have their own.

(Just a reminder for my self imposed policu of top rating for a repeated comment. I don't feel that any writer should be penalized by a reader who posts more than once by repeatedly getting less than top score by the same reader. At the same time readers should not feel pressuredto not comment more than once. Thus my solution)

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Phils Baby

The baby is Phils why does she denie the baby isnt phils and why does Eric try to stay with her just use the pictures of phil and her then file for divorce.

Pat .

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
WHY HASN'T HE DUMPED IRENE ALREADY...WOULD YOU WANT TO KEEP HER IF SHE WAS YOUR WIFE

EVEN IF YOU STILL LOVED HER. THATS REAL LIFE...ONCE SHE HAS CHEATED YOU'LL BE LOOKING AT HER WITH A MICROSCOPE...ALL THE TIME WAITING FOR HER TO CHEAT AGAIN..YOU CAN'T LIVE LIKE THAT

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW

really, is this guy a cheater magnet? WHat the hell!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 12 years ago
I know that it is fiction...

But I hate to see a man (or woman, either) get screwed like this. I hope that something nice happens to him, I thought it was Irene that was his savior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
5*****'s

The evil psychopath (DWmoroncuck) tries to make others see him as the victim. Fucking pedo.

But this story is so very brilliant.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Good Story!

Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Alright

How long are you going to keep punishing Eric? He's a good guy, doesn't bother anyone and yet he hooks up with sluts who fuck him over. We shall see...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hot and well written............

and the comments add a certain pleasure too, so strange !

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
The brilliance continues

Another great line:

Even at that moment I thought it was the most courageous thing someone ever did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Of course I dont like what is happening to such a good ol regular Joe,...

But dang this is well written, This whole genre of I Love him but cheat on him may make sense to a certain segment of the female population, but I find it literally repulsive. Old Bear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I am intrigued ...

Congrats. Good chapter. Four out of five. I am intrigued as to where this is going. Lots of emotion which I like. Lots of detail and colour which I also like. Yet this whole story is balancing on a knife's edge. Lot's more chapters to read and yet if it is just him being cucked by woman after woman it will be a failure in my view. You have established several interesting characters. The story will succeed if you can tie them all together somehow. Also be careful not to use the device of Eric refusing to listen too often. A few times is understandable. Again I hope he doesn't end up emasculated or a wimp. I know some people like those kinds of stories but I am not one of them. I am new to your writings and I don't know if that is your genre.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

gripping drama. It has been so long that I can't remember where it goes from here. Five stars.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 8 years ago
Pace

Great story, and I love your pace.

CarnilliaCarnilliaover 7 years ago
Another piece of well written rubbish

Please put Eric out of his misery and make him kill himself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
UGH!!!!

What pathetic dribble!!!! When you witness your wife and "friend" blatantly flirting shamelessly and do nothing about it, you get what you deserve!

You try to make your Eric come off as tough, but he's a pathetic wimp!

The two "wives" are just sluts! Maybe a reflection of yourself!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
House? Apartment? -5*'s

First you say they live in an apartment in chapters 1-2, in chapter 3 they live in a house while he's thinking about divorce after seeing a lawyer. Which is it? Did you lose your train of thought while writing this so-so story?

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Getting wearysome,

and repetitive.

If Irene has him beaten up I will probably laugh hysterically.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 6 years ago
I am appalled by the comments

angiquesophie is one of the premier writers on Lit. She has a distinctive voice and sparse style that intelligently probes the interior lives of her characters. There are few writers here who can compare; Girl in the Moon comes to mind, but there are damn few others. It pains me to read the unthinking, vitriolic comments by (always) anonymous men who have nothing good to say and want to say it over and over again. The ingratitude displayed toward volunteer, unpaid, amateur authors is very dispiriting. I imagine many stories never get published because of these loutish comments. It's too bad the owners of this site can't get a better handle on this problem.

Justgr8Justgr8about 6 years ago
Tennessee

She is a solid writer, but not nearly the best in my opinion. We all have favorite's, don't let someone who has a differing opinion ruin your day. This story was good not great, I give it a 3***.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years ago
@justgr8

Yeah? Well, that's just like... uh... your opinion, man :-) There are five great ladies who still write here in loving wives whom I read over and over: Patricia51, Amyyum, Girlinthemoon, Outofshadows, and yes, Angiequesophie. There is one more, but she prefers that her identity not be known. Ceeesss was another, but she doesn't seem to be writing, these days. They all bring something a little different to the table, and every one of them are the best there is at the type of story they write. We are blessed to have them, and I love every one of them. March 8 was International Women's Day. I should have congratulated every one of them for making this a better place to read. I do so belatedly. Thank you, ladies.

Justgr8Justgr8about 6 years ago
Blackrandl

That's probably why you overlook so many great male writers when extending invites to these great days, so busy reading wonderful female authors with a lot of talent. Girl may be my favorite of the new writers and Patricia is LW royalty in my opinion. Just like Tennessee, glad you have favorite's who keep you coming back :) girl.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
26thNCuck has a point

closet cuck writers deliver the fap - read, spank, leave a nasty comment.

WBC4EVER!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
"angiquesophie is one of the premier writers on Lit"

Totally agree with this. Some idiots cannot distinguish content from quality. If they don't like the story content then the writer is bad. It is their pitiful problem.

5* without question.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
This one

is an improvement over the previous chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Clown

Deserves everything that happens to him.

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityalmost 4 years ago
Reading about cheaters...

...and their lame attempts at explanations? They really are pathetic.

You fucked up. Really badly. And are now pregnant with someone else's baby.

There no way of explaining this that doesn't make you look and sound worse. Crawl away somewhere and don't fight the divorce when it happens. Move on with life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I am confusing...

Altough it has been stated how different this was from his first marriage the last statemen form him in the chapter before the one previous to this his statemnet not only hinted aty the infidelity but that he somehow noticed, either because the damage form the first wive left him damage and distrustfull at some level or he is paraniod always waiting for the other foot to fall. That he went so long without noticing has me confused, well its obvious I jumped the gun on my conclusion.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
Revisit after three years

After three years I find myself scoring the chapters about the same. Admittedly, I have a weakness for reconciliation stories, even if the couple are not perfectly reconciled.

At this point in the reread I find that the Eric character has not benefitted from his prior marriage failure. He appears stuck in this "perfect marriage to a slut" mentality. From the Nietzschian perspective, Eric doesn't seem to have benefitted from the ""Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker" approach to overman.

Oh well. There are five more chapters to go.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
So far Eric is an asshole

I will wait to see the rest of the chapters, but so far I see Irene with one evil act, and then I see Eric acting stupidly and over-reacting. Sorry - but regardless, people should at least talk, and Eric is acting like a spoiled child having a tantrum. "For better or worse" means that there will be "worse" -- at least once.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Is it me?

Damn right Skippy, its you! You attract cheating cunts like shit draws flies. You never learned from your first experience with a cheating slut and you jumped right back into marriage after you just got away from your first shitty marriage. And guess what, she's a cheating slut as well and is carry's her lover bastard's child and intended to pass it off as your's. She's a lying cheating cunt and you fell right into her clutches.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Oh my "it was a dream??" That's the best she can come up with? At least doofus didn't fall for it but is it going to take him another eternity to divorce her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The MC in this story said it best. "Bullshit".

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Great story; emotionally invested I am.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Wipe your shoes and get the crap off.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

SIMILAR Stories