All Comments on 'A New and Delicate Balance'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
apilgramapilgramover 17 years ago
Good story line...

Well written also. I hope that there is a chapter 2 following this one to resolve the story.

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Congratulations

A 'LW' story with a man in it.

One of the rare times an author on Lit has had a realistic reaction from a cheated on man.

thankyou for your effort, I greatly appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I agree with the comment below

I'd like to know more, even though I think I know the rest of the story. I'd like to see some light at the end of his tunnel -- and maybe a bit more darkness in hers. However, I can also imagine reconiliation after that.

And this was so well crafted, I know that anything further would be a treat.

Irish_DomIrish_Domover 17 years ago
Well written

I liked thi story a lot. I hope also hope you write at least a 2nd chapter. Would love to see what the guy does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good start

The start of a very good story. It stopped pretty abruptly, though. Please continue, and add a chapter from the wife's perspective (as I don't understand it any better than her husband did).

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good story

Good story, a lot of introspection. She's a dumbass. There's no need for a second chapter, the woman is a selfish moron, a twit who has no clue about what a marriage means, or for that matter, what love is either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Impressive!

This is the second story of yours that I’ve read and enjoyed. The first being “I Believed in Her. Did I?”

I hope there are more to come.

My best wishes.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Quite a story but

could a woman really believe that? After taking the vows and all?

It sounds like she has been fucking all his friends and colleagues. Damn good feeling for a man, no?

She didn't bother to ask him to forgive her cuz she did nothing wrong, I guess. No 'I'm sorry'.

He was worried about the couch. She probably fucked someone on every piece of furniture in the apartment. He couldn't sit anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Brilliant

A story worth being in the Loving Wives section, many others have a wife but without the guts of a committment that you have written about. Hell I slept with many women before I married but we have a marriage bond not a hollywood for looks marriage. You have reinforced the meaning of a commitment of marriage by showing how one person can damage another by their loose view on their committment. Well done Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
great

what all women should know could happen to cheaters

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Excellent

I read the complete story not long ago on another site and thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing is excellent with really strong emotional content. I hope that there will be many more tales forthcoming by this author.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Great Work

I really loved the writing and the logic you put into the story i hope she felt your anger at her betrayal and deciet onto the marriage by having that tryist and i hope you sued the lover and that friend and the word cum is not spelled (come).

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
Wife was too much imo

The story was ok because the guy didnt delude himself and saw his marriage for what it really was. What I didnt understand at all was the wife. She kept telling him that she loved him and the husband kept alluding that it was true (she was really distressed, etc) but it didnt make sense to me after you went out of your way to show how clueless and self-absorbed she was.

I know the husband wondered if she was insane but it seems like a stretch to me. What you described is borderline sociopath and they arent very common. So what we got here is a marginal sociopath with the IQ of a turnip. Maybe you were poking holes in JPB's favorite justification/logic (used loosely) but you didnt need to make her so over the top imo.

She was almost a caricature. Because she was so far out there, it made it hard to understand how even the most love-blinded idiot could miss it for 8 years. It also lessened the emotional impact since he wasnt losing anything worthwhile. Since all he lost was his illusions, someone who shared his interests and pretended to love him so she could get paid, the ending seemed premature as well.

I can understand leaving it hanging if you write about the breakup of a beautiful union and the loss of true love. Leaving him alone and confused at the end in this case just made it seem like you wanted to add to his misery.

Anyway, the story was still pretty good and I really did like that the husband didnt talk himself into sharing his wifes dementia. Thanks for writing.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Clueless wife

What a selfish bitch! Someone needs to hand her a dictionary with certain definitions highlighted like; Love, Fidelity, Marriage, and cheating. What he seems to have gotten from so called friends is that she was never faithful and worse, thought it was ok. Just never had a clue that her husband might not think it was an acceptable situation, she learned different. No man with any balls would put up with that.

Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
I too was impressed with this story

You did something that few writers do. You took "Most" of the illogical statements made in cheating stories and held them up as the crazy statements they are.

I really liked one of the different arguements you used, where in one you had the wife saying, to the effect, that my sleeping around had nothing to do with you and don't leave me because you will be the one to shatter the marriage not me. I wasn't actually cheating on you because at the end of the day it was you I loved (paraphrased).

That one got me, because it reminds me of the newcast where someone will take a hostage, demands money, and then tells the police if they don't give them what they asked for they will kill the hostage and it will be the polices fault. The average person sees this as the actions of someone who's not sane, but the criminal see it as justified and any actions he/she takes is justified to get what they want.

Yet most writers use similar situations to explain away why when someone cheats it's really not their fault and if someone who's cheated one (wounded party) doesn't quickly pretend it never happened they they are vindictive jerks who refuse to be happy when given the chance. That they are hurting not only themselves but the other person for not quickly forgiving the cheater once they caught them.

But I liked in this story where you broke it down to what it really is: The selfish actions of "one" person who put themselves first, without a thought about the other person, until they got caught. And only then did it become important. That the reasoning is selfish and one sided in a marriage of two people. And those actions have big reprecussions.

Fantastic writing, easy to follow and read. And the breaking down of most of the elements used in various cheating arguements as the reasoning of a selfish illogical person I found pretty new and unique in a story around here.

Great story.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well Done!

We really enjoyed this story and the various other perspectives that we read on the other site. The author's knack of a "cliff-hanger" on each the chapters in this series is interesting but they should have less time between each segment. Still waiting for a conclusion to the Irene/Eric situation on the other site.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Good story but...

Good writing with an easy-to-read style. The character descriptions are well done and the plot though uncomplicated spins out nicely.

I have to agree with Average Joe: the hubby being clueless for years about her infidelities is a bit difficult to believe. The authors wants to us to believe that in eight years with multiple partners including friends of theirs, she never screwed up, not once, and neither did any of her lovers. It doesn't work for me.

I wanted the author to explore the wife's promiscuity, to show us why she thought cheating on her husband wasn't wrong. The wife uses the old claim of "it was just sex, I love only you" but knows that what she's done is wrong, certainly at some level else there would be no need to hide it. That exploration wasn't forthcoming and, while it doesn't detract from the story, that lack left me wanting something more.

Excellent fiction this is. This 100's for you, angiquesophie, for a story well told. I thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Fantastic!

In Elaine, you created the ultimate slut wife. Elaine even when she see Eric, sick with fever, she continues fucking her lover until she reached her orgasm. That act more than any words show where Eric stands with her. Eric's emotions reflect the true loss of his great love of his life.

This story does show the shallowlessness of words like "I love you" and "Honey, it was only sex." There is no logic to Elaine's words since it is obvious that if what she was doing was something Eric could accept she would not have had to hide it. Love is an action verb. Elaine's actions (and there is some hint that there were many others before Jason) indicates that she did not respect or love Eric.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
sorry to rain on your parade of glowing review

but I think it is silly of writers to create spouses who are just so many magnitudes more stupid than their clewless spouses who are always been cheated on,,,

Elaine in this story epitomized that very, very stupid character.

"Oh, I am so sorry, but it's you I love. You can see, it's only sex with the others. I am so lonely without you, and so unhappy without your love."

I mean, really, author!

Why create characters with such low intelligence. Now, if you create highly manipulative wives/husbands who are also highly intelligent and YET are able to feel pain, even if self-inflicted, THEN I think it is okay.

I have come across so very few of such characters in these stories.

There's only ONE story, in fact, that I remember where the author had the wife throw away her marriage and her family, which included two loving kids. She started going out with "wild friends" and then started dancing and then the dances started going illicit and then pretty soon she's started having sex with those she and her friend went out to dance with.

The husband gave her some opportunity, but she was determined --- with some torn feelings, yes --- that that was the life style she wanted. Divorced resulted and the husband moved on to find another good woman who came into the family and raise those two children, plus the two she had with the man.

Years later, the WOMAN who threw away reflected back and said something I thought quite profound:

that as the years passed and as she moved farther and farther away from the life she threw away, from her children and a very decent man, the MORE she continued to have what seemed like an "exciting life," with many sexual partners, THE MORE she felt alone and the void within her kept expanding.

And that also she went on to make a lot of money and successfully invested it, and lived a very financially good life, the thoughts of her children and "little average family" never left her. And that as she entered her middle years, those earlier years when she was a devoted wife and mother came rushing back ever more powerful,,, that she cried to sleep countless nights throughout her "self-discovery journey" wondering if her kids were sick and whether they needed to ask her, their mother, important and not-so-important, growing up questions,,,, that she was not there for them because her needs for sexual and other such thrills ruled over her life,,,

Yet, in the back of her mind, her truer maternal instincts, her better conscience, were punishing her,,,, and they were not things she could shut out/off or run away from, like her little average family......

THAT, to me, was powerful: it is about A COMPLEX character, highly intelligent, yet highly flawed, so much so in all those that even she herself saw what's in store for her years from that day that she decided to walk away from a loving but "average family" to embrace thrilling sex with many "exciting" partners,,,,,,,,

I don't remember the author,,, just the very powerful and tragic story, about a highly intelligent and complex woman character with an inexplicable set of flaws she herself knew about but coudn't supersede/overcome....

labigqlabigqover 17 years ago
slightly incomplete

You should had have Eric ask Elaine if it was all good for him to fuck some other women because she can please him in ways that Elaine cannot. I bet that would make her realise how stupid her logic is. I really think that Elaine thinks, it's her rite as a sucsessful buisness women to indulge in anything she desires. But what do I know, alot rich people think that way. Peace, Q.

sherlock40sherlock40over 17 years ago
Wow, someone else gets it.

How very stupid it is for someone to say "I love you" while betraying them with another. Those that say, "it's only sex." What utter crap. I am glad it wasn't written to be erotic. For most people I would say that cheating and betrayal is not erotic at all. There is no need to write more on them, that marriage is done.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
insanity

Elaine needs a shrink her head is so screwed up she doesnt want to admit that she cheated on her husband.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Excellent

A man that knows how to get on with life. Love is like grief, you can get over it, and experience it over again & again, with out losing your self.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I never lied to you?

This entire marriage is all a lie. He married a woman with no morals or ethics. Who has no respect, loyalty, or love for him. It is all for her. Her toys to play with. Divorce her and recommend a very good head doctor to her of course the guy could try to get her committed as insane which she clearly is. Ah yes last but not leat unprotected sex with many people the odds of not having HIV is almost zero....................get tested now.

TLeeTLeeover 17 years ago
Bullshit

Hailed a cab and drove home? Just one of the many stupid lines posted in this piss-poor waste of writing space. This is one of the worst stories that I couldn't finish reading. Queers and candy-assed wimps will love it. Slutty whores will tell you how wonderful you are. Only real men will tell you the truth. Which is, your story is lousy and a waste of time. And your characters are losers and useless motherfuckers.

bgtrkdrvrbgtrkdrvrover 17 years ago
great writing

Your writing is superb,don't let that idiot Tlee get to you,..it's obvious he's got some other bug(or gerbil)up his butt,has nothing to do with you.Keep up the good work.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
You can’t be serious!

Come on, you can’t be serious. She works and lives in a culturally sophisticated environment; as a couple, they talked up and down about every thing cultural, and the issue of extra marital sex never came up between them? But why go that far? She never learned from her mother; friends; coworkers; magazines that that fucking around might hurt the feelings of husbands or shake, just a little, the stability of marriages? This is totally unbelievable.

I can’t remember the last time I was introduced to such an incredible caricature of a woman, even in this formulaicly enriched section of Lit.

It’s a shame because you write well.

In addition, even with your premise – it’s internally inconsistent. If she was so oblivious to the damaging effects of her affair(s), how come she was so careful to hide her presumably benign “treats”?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Fascinating story!

This was one of the most fascinating stories I've read recently. In a sense, it was a typical cheating wife story, but in another sense, it was totally different in that the wife did not seem to see anything wrong with her continuing promiscuity, because she still "loved him". As Average-JOe said , she seemed like a caricature of a wife,who had one affair after another and did

not seem to feel any guilt at all until the roof fell in on her marriage. Would love to read more of your stories.

60 year old George

NucleusNucleusover 17 years ago
She's a whore? He don't know about?

Your style of writing is very nice and expressive, but I don't believe that Eric doesn't know enough about Elaines "bio" (right word?) The reader too.

They didn't talk much about their former lives during their marriage. Maybe, seperate lives are sometimes real and nobody knows much about the other one. This is my only explanation for this, but I don't feel certain.

My advice: You should better work out the characters.

Excuse my mistakes

I read better english than write it

Thank you and best wishes for a happy new year

Nucleus

studyingstudyingover 17 years ago
mixed

Yes, some good writing, some weak. Take this paragraph:

"That night we met at a small restaurant and talked. Halfway through the first course I knew enough. I put down my napkin, took fifty dollars from my wallet and thanked him for nothing. I left the restaurant and stopped at the first bar, a dark Irish hole. I got very drunk."

The set up and resolution are great; it says a lot in a few words. However, a trite phrase like "thanks for nothing" weakens an otherwise very strong paragraph.

The man has depth, the woman is indeed unidimensional

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Dear Kolkore - You Don't Seem To Know The Rules

but unlike the others I am led to believe you treat the needed?

But I love you is insular. This island allows without disturbance of the expected because this is not intended to offend but like an unseen bonus is a secret not to be shared.

Therefore, harmless to the unknowing and a pittance to a true & understanding love.

Is it fair to say that since everyone knows no one will be shot?

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Lying cheat

I think Elaine wouldnt know love even if it bit her in the ass.

Pat

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well written - caught the emotions.

At least his. I would think he would be well rid of her.

Regards, Jack

waratahwaratahabout 17 years ago
The spouses that say

"it meant nothing, it doesn't diminish my love for you, it was only sex, I need you" etc, are wearing a little thin, there is no way a person could be that selfish and shallow in one part of their life, without it manifesting in other parts of their life.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 17 years ago
Pat was right...

Elaine wouldnt know love even if it bit her in the ass. Saying to a husband who is faithful that "It doesn't mean anything" is saying the promoses I made don't mean anything.

Elaine and her lover(s) should be sued and made to pay financially. They have no emotions to pay with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Highly amusing

I have to agree with many of the comments left, both good and bad. I couldn't finish reading the story as I felt it was too pretentious. On the whole its been well written but that's not enough to keep me interested. I did get more enjoyment reading the comments though and was amused at how incensed many were at the characters as if they were real people and as such responsible for their actions... All I can say to the young Belgian girl who wrote this story; keep writing as practice makes perfect and read stories outside your own interests to round out your own writing - and temper it somewhat.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
The poor sonofabitch should run away from that slut as fast as he can and never look back.

It won't get any better.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 13 years ago
Life goes on

Bad pun, but still maybe appropriate. There are differences between men and women and Angiquesophie has put some of that on the table in this first chapter. I have glossed over some paragraphs of her work in the past, but mostly know her from comments about stories and her teasing word play with Harry. Now I'll have to read the rest and others of her stories. This short couplet of paragraphs draws me to Angiquesophie's vision:

"A few minutes later Elaine came in. She carried a big brown bag of groceries.

I watched her as she put them away. I watched the almost feline grace of her movements. The beauty of her hair, her face. And I learned that I could no longer look at her without feeling my heart touch my throat."

A woman can have a blow up on discovery with lover by her husband, but there are still meals to prepare and that means shop for food. Husband is torched to the soul over sex.

I realize this is four or five years old, but one of the pleasures of Lit is chasing down the path of Similar Stories and finding something worth reading.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 13 years ago
I Hate All The Characters Here!

Agh ! The follies Bougeious Wimps and yuppie Sluts ...who cares and who needs em. Can't deny the author's skill of making a nightmare cum to life. Five stars for that but awarded under protest for rightfully the author's stories should be under erotic horror

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
2**

What an ass! He goes off the deep end and refuses to have an intelligent conversation. She is too good for him. She should kick the stupid jerk to the curb.

rvwsrvwsover 12 years ago
What the fu_k is the matter with some of you people..

when you get MARRIED, it's one man and one woman. You do not share your body with people outside of the marriage. He was right to dump her sorry slutty ass. She got what she deserved. Plain and simple. A man should not have to share his wife with other people, EVER. Don't you get it? FORSAKING all others means no shareing. God! Are some of you that stupid? What is the matter with you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fuck you DWmoroncuck.

DWfaggot, you are fucking poison to this site and to all who inadvertently read your vile thoughts on this forum.

You wouldn't know an intelligent conversation even if it grew a couple of legs and shoved one of them up your arse. Moron. Fuckwit.

Angiquesophie, your story was heartfelt, beautiful and sad all at the same time. A wonderful read. 5*****'s

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
Agique,your stories are like best wine in the world.

Requiring just an intoxicating sip with every word. I doubt there is a better Author on this site or anywhere else. It just couldn't get any better than this. Thank you.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Logical

DWidiot is about as logical as Elaine was. Good read author. It had to be well written or I wouldn't be so pissed off at Elaine. Thank you. Jim

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Good Job; Not Surprising at All

Professional women make incredibly bad spouses; he found out the hard way. Women are taught at an early age that it can only be either career or family, never both. It's a shame, but a reality that guys have to deal with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good Generalization

Professional women are terrible spouses for insecure and weak men. I am a successful professional and due to many reasons (too many to list) I have a professional wife but if I lived in mommy's basement I doubt she'd be right for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Maybe the best

Sophie, you may be the best writer on this site. Your masterful (mistressful?) use of nuance creates a fully involved experience for me, and I access a feeling state I don't usually occupy. I come to your stories when I feel emotionally shut down, and I am always rewarded by reopening.

That said, the Pollyanna in me wishes Elaine hadn't done what she's been doing. I am looking forward to seeing how you create resolution.

DP

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Such raw emotion. This story tears at my heart. Obviously a brilliant writer. It will stay with me for a long time. Quite a lot to accomplish in such a short story.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 10 years ago
hope Eric keeps his balls in the next chapters

So far we have one selfish self centered cunt wife and a husband who appears to have the balls and brains to say No not for me Go the fuck away whore wife! I hope he sticks with it and doesn't fall for the cunt wife's bullshit. I just can't see anyone believing the line of crap she was spouting. Fuck everyone but Eric knew she was a slut. So that shows she really doesn't care about him. She has no honor and no one who knows her would ever trust her. He should find a woman who actually has some morals. since Eric stood up for himself chapter 1 is good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I agree with DrBeemer well written, interesting start, nicely done. Thank you....

Whether I agree with how it ends or not, this is "significantly above average" writing, and a nice view into the social strata of some of my college peers with upmarket socioeconomic metrics, Jane Austin meets sex in the city. OldBear.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent Start

I see that this is a long series. He saw his cunt wife cheating and he reacted correctly. She, however, is out of her fucking mind. We'll see how this goes...

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
Very well done!

This better not be a series. This story is done - stick a fork in it. It's bad enough that our hero saw her with her lover (not her word), but she saw our hero and kept on fucking until she climaxed. Disrespect? I think so.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

still one of the best on this site.. Five stars. Such a surreal situation, and yet you handle it with such authentic emotion and eloquence. Clearly she must be insane.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 8 years ago
Second time through.

I even went back for a third reading of his dream. I still don't know when he woke up.

Jay80Jay80almost 8 years ago
Nice start

Nice beginning, can't wait to try CH. 2

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
WAS HIS STATEMENT CORRECT

in her being crazy. TK U MLJ LV NV

CarnilliaCarnilliaover 7 years ago
Good so far

So far it was a good beginning. Not great, but good enough.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Cuck Shit

She ADMITS that Jason is a better lover than Eric, that she sees NOTHING wrong with it and doesn't intend to stop!

Kudos to him for leaving, but I'll bet he comes back!

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

yes it is. Can I say it is typical, I don't know. I've only known about 6 women in my life. I know some women can separate love and sex, but so can some men. To say that she had misjudged her husband is a no brainer. It will be interesting to see where this goes. Does she really love him, I think so. Does he love her, yes, otherwise he would not have been so devastated.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Ugh.

Some pretty fucked up mental sluts this author writes about.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooabout 7 years ago
Great start

Well written. She has separated love and sex. He hasn't. I have several friends in open marriages. I'm not built that way personally. Too often many confuse sex for love. Probably because sex is the most fundamental of human emotions rooted deeply in our biological nature. Love and sex can be either perfect traveling companions or the fiercest of enemies. Nothing can destroy the bond of love quicker than succumbing to the temptation of lust and infidelity. Have you ever pondered how a couple can find love and dedicate their lives together only to hate one another a few years later? How can something so beautiful turn into something so painful? Love with all its attributes can't stand alone. It needs to be supported with trust, honesty, and selflessness.

angiquesophieangiquesophiealmost 7 years agoAuthor
spoilers

i just removed an anonymous comment of this story.

i hate removing comments, but this one was full of spoilers concerning the next chapters. i don't think commenters should have the right to use their comments for spoiling the possible fun of other readers. i hope you understand.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 7 years ago
Well and tightly written

The characters seem pretty well defined at this point.

I liked the way a lot of superfluous dross was avoided.

5 stars. On to chapter 2.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Hum

So far an interesting tale.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 6 years ago
Spoilers would've been nice

This story is interesting, but one thing about reading stories by women authors is that well, the men they write seem to act as how women would? Not sure if I want to spend time or not reading the rest of these stories. They do seem interesting, but I can't help but feel this guy is a pussy.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 6 years ago
My 5 stars are for the writing skill on display.

My interest in reading one of your stories was prompted

by the clear sophistication and appeal in your bio page.

Turns out a female (I think) is writing a male point-of-view (She thinks).

As clearly as the usual rationales are articulated...the story never "breathes."

The character voices aren't "natural."

Okaaayyy...Chapter Two?

doobiusdoobiusover 5 years ago
Original and excellent

An original storyline leaving me wanting to read the rest of the chapters. Well written. Plan to read the other stories you have too.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Not quite enough story line.

Left me hanging.

I want to know what he found out.

There is a very vague implication that this has been going on since the beginning of their 8 years together. But it’s very vague, so I’m not sure. If not the full time, then how long. If not the full time then why start? What changed to make her start?

No clarity if it wss just Jason this whole time, or were there others.

Just too many loose strings.

It doesn’t have to all be wrapped up in a nice bow. I mean the end is obvious. He wants out. He will get out. She doesn’t want it to end. She will lose him.

I wonder how bad she will feel. Is it, “Well, i want to stay together, but if you leave, well, oh well.” Or is it,”Eric, I’m sorry. I’ll die without you. I’ll stop. Please forgive me.”

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Oh wait. There’s more chapters.

Oops.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
I

don't think I ever met a woman as goofy, ignorant, insane (take your pick) as this female lead. Any of you, in real life, met a goofy bitch like this one?

Good story though.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
This bitch has to burn

If she doesnt, i wont read another story by this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Needs to be told in bigger storyline the story needs to be elaborated and characters developed with dramatic twists

The story needs to be elaborated, characters properly developed with interesting situations and twists. Also both the leads appear to be immatur3 in their behavior. Maybe the female lead can be shown to a nympho or slutty by nature.9

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Mundane.

More over, American English is not your primary language. "Manhattan Island"? "Favourite"? Nice try.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
That's a powerful story. 5*****

I'm assuming his friends told him things they knew, maybe they were her lovers as well? Sometimes your freedom is the best you can get. I hope he didn't lose too many friends in the process.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 5 years ago
Powerful start.

Some fine writing and colorful.

Can't wait to continue reading.

Top ratings from me.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Well written

Well written story about a bitch who needs to burn.

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityalmost 4 years ago
Well written but...

I feel like I am being set up here for something. The male MC seems to be relatable. In love. Then finding out his wife is not only cheating on him by walking in on it...but she is cold blooded enough to keep fucking her boy toy right in front of him and making sure she gets her orgasm after being caught. And shows little remorse until she realizes her little fantasy life might actually be over.

His reaction is understandable. He leaves and is devastated. And he finds out it isnt a one time recent affair. Its been going on with multiple men it seems the whole time they have been married. The female MC is unlike any female I have ever met. I mean i have known plenty of sluts and whores in my life. But none who marry a guy and proceed for a decade to slut it up on him in secret without remorse the whole time pretending to have a deep love affair going on talking about children. She is cold blooded to the point of being unrelatable. How did she think her husband was going to react to her fucking Jason in their apartment? She tells her bf that she will call him after she handles the trouble with her husband. And then proceeds to tell him all of her whoring around means nothing to their love?

Haha haha...does anyone in the world, even in sophisticated, high-class European society, really think this way? Fantasy island territory here.

That's why I am thinking this 1st installment is just a set up...where we think the husband has a backbone and won't put up with it. Only to find out in subsequent installments that "he loves her so much" that he has to learn to accept and live with being a pussy ass cuckold. I hope I am wrong...but I doubt it.

Still the writing is sound.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Powerfull

It has been a while since I found an author to follow in here with interesting Loving Wives story, I think this one is the kind I can go through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The divorce papers....

Even if she did only love him...cheating does hurt...and the best way to hurt a bitch like that...is to ram divorce up her ass...to bad we don't see that happen here...my hat is off to this guy...he doesn't stand for her selfish ways...it's only sex...you can see she doesn't really know what it means to be in a relationship....but he does and he dumps her....yaaaaaaaa..................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sorry but no

A woman that claims to still love her husband while cheating may love her husband after a fashion but she loves herself more. Cheating on one's spouse is disrespect and dishonor. that is not a sign of love. Cheaters love to have their cake and eat it too and that is why they always claim they still love their primary partner. As I said, that is possible but a reasoned review of the facts show that they love themselves more. All of the justification that comes out of the cheaters manual is nothing more than an exercise in intellectual dishonesty.

There are many spouses that choose to remain in marriages where they are being betrayed repeatedly. Some are weird and get off on it sexually. Some enjoy he guilt-ridden over compensation by there wife or husband. Again, that isn't love it's guilt so in effect you are simply exploiting your partner's guilt.

Again, how is this love exactly?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The writing is good, the grammar is fine, couple of minor spelling mistakes but it didn’t spoil the story.

The characters, well the male character is “normal” with the reactions that the vast majority or right minded people would have.

The female character is either one of the most uncaring, insensitive, lying whores or completely insane & is to be found regularly howling at the moon.

I’m pretty sure where this is going, however, I’ll read the next chapter to see if my fears are justified

PKenny5860PKenny5860over 3 years ago
Good Story

The character Eric hinted that he received information from his luncheon with his friend. What he learned is not clear. Did the gallery owner(friend) sleep with his wife or did he just know of her dalliances and fail to clue his friend in? He abandoned all of his other friends, why? Did they also sleep with Elaine or know of her cheating ways while leaving Eric in the dark? I wish Eric's epiphany after his lunch with his friend was delved into further and that it revealed what truths Eric did learn. I think there is plenty of reason to further continue this story through the divorce and perhaps reveal some of these secrets. It left me wanting more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just another entitled cheating bitch

Elaine is just another entitled self center lying cheating bitch. She loves him but not enough to NOT cheat in the first place. She's your typical cheating cake eater. She only cares about herself and her wants. Just divorce the cunt already and be done with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I commented a couple months ago and I stand by my original. I didn't remember reading this and read it again today. There is one thing I will add however, I am not entirely certain why additional discussion need take place. The mere fact the wife saw her husband and then proceeded to continue having sex rather vocally is rather telling of how much she respects her husband and his feelings. Why the author didn't have the husband address this fact is confusing to me personally. There are degrees of infidelity, what she did was well beyond discretion.

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
I really liked

The way he caught the slutty little wifey, and the way she twisted the knife, to make sure the marriage was good and dead. She must have been crying to lessen the blow of her leaving him.

Crusader235Crusader235about 3 years ago
BTB

Burn the Bitch if you can. Then get the hell out of new fucking york. Get your sanity back, and re-start your life. The are faithful women out there.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

New York City is nothing but the largest Petri dish in the world!

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

yes, what Crusader235 said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a moronic slut. She thinks she loves him? Hahaha...why cant he understand that her fucking other men is just like a trip to the spa?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not too bad so far. Do you think that the authoress will wimp him out? After all, males are little boys that cannot handle reality. As cold and cruel and banal as she appears now never think that she is not in control...

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

Is there a stupider argument? I don't understand the logic of your story. He catches her fucking in the act and she tells him it's no problem. He learns from others that she has been cheating on him since the beginning of their marriage and he doesn't go straight to the lawyer and files for divorce, no you even let her talk to him and he calls her darling? You have a weird sense of humor!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Found you as a possible entrant in Randi’s recent event. Interesting story so far… 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ah, yes, the conniving, cuntrolling US female. Part of the tension in your stories is the balance between the extremely rare insight into female thought processes and the common level at which those thoughts operate. The writing of a genius coupled with the allure of a pitcher plant.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another weak MC by this author. How the hell do these have have over a 4?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There seem to be some themes that have taken root and grown uncontrollably in the LW stories on this site. Themes that have absolutely no place in reality. This is one of them.

It's kinda a weak plot for a wife to plead ignorance when caught committing adultery. And it is so so overused in the stories on this site.. Of course she knew it was wrong. Why else was she trying to conceal it. She knew it was unacceptable behaviour. Otherwise she would have told her hubby the first time it happened to her.

"Oh Darling, I managed to save 15% on our groceries today. Isn't that wonderful? And oh, by the way I met a nice man and we fucked today. I really enjoyed it. Isn't that wonderful? And, better yet, the electricity bill was lower this month."

Can you just see this conversation happening?

It is a given in most cultures and civilizations that you remain faithful to your partner(s). You just don't fuck anyone you like. You also don't fuck someone if he/she has a partner.

This concept is as universal as don't kill, don't steal and don't tell lies.

Civilization was built on it. Civilization staying civil depends on it.

Other common unreal themes are obviously 12 inch cocks, having a masturbation session, an oral session, full intercourse and then even anal all on the first date.

The stories always about university graduates who work as professionals. Not that any stories about gutter sweepers or shithouse cleaners.

The cheated on husband is always an angelic saintly cherub, but as weak and pathetic as a yard of pump water.

(It cannot stand on its own, It will always fall down and it needs support to give it shape and control.)

He is full of tears and sorrow that he has found out his slut is no longer worth being married to.

He is such a goodie two shoes that even though she is out fucking all the Miami Dolphins team, and their support staff and fans as well,he won't have sex with his new lover til the divorce is final. 6 months after it has been agreed upon in court. He will commit adultery in every other way just not fuck.

In a futile effort to convince us the husband is a good guy, he is invariably seen to be encouraging his kids to get closer to their Mum. Why would any father want his daughter to build a relationship with an evil slutty immoral prostitute. Yet here we have all these "good" Dad's doing just that. Where are the Dads protecting their precious daughters?

He is also always seen as the gullible downtrodden walked allover forgiving nice guy. He is indeed a

Considerate

Understanding

Nice

Type

Having said all that, I do appreciate the outcome of all the effort and time the authors have freely put in.

Most of the stories are very entertaining and far exceed anything I could do.

I think I would be an anal writer. All my output would be shit. Or maybe just hot air.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This author writes a sociopath wife very well.

Hmmm...makes you wonder....

"Write what you know..."

bobareenobobareeno12 months ago

Well written, but her multiple betrayals and seeming failure to understand their impact seem out of sync.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x12 months ago

"I had no idea." - She had no idea that her having an affair would destroy him? Wouldn't it destroy her if HE had an affair?

\

"I won't lie to you, Eric. You know I never would." - Her affair(s) weren't lies?

\

"I never betrayed our love." - She's truly delusional.

\

I had forgotten there were more chapters, I can't see how there can be more than one, where they either split up, as they should, or you force a RAAC.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories