All Comments on 'A New Birth of Freedom Ch. 01'

by estragon

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
estragonestragonabout 13 years agoAuthor
As At 4/20/11

This story's score is 2.33. I once again quote Ernest Hemingway: "If these bastards like it, what's wrong with it?" Fortunately, they hate it. So another quote, this one from Marechal Foch, at the Battle of the Marne: "Ma gauche cede, ma droite recule--situation excellent, j'attaque!"

DryhillDryhillabout 13 years ago
GOOD ATTEMPT

Well done a good attempt at writing a story in the Valerie series. i liked the little touch of using the taxi drivers name, as if Val would use any other taxi driver.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
FUCK THIS

FUCK THIS

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
jaded ,

after spending the last week reading

Valerie

Stranger than Truth

Death of a Master

.

i was really pleased to see at the very end of

Death of a Master , that the trials & tribulations , the adventures of these characters would continue.

.

maybe i need to wait a while before reading this series .

because right now i find little in the writing that calls to me or connects me with the protagonists in this story.

the characters in the Original stories seemed so Real, so touchable, so Believable, so enthralling & interesting.

.... yet to compare this tale with what went before is like comparing a Rain Forest with a Desert.

this story for me was Arrid , Vapid , Spiritless.

.

Which is a real shame considering the subjects & topics the story deals with.

i won't vote at this point , i will return and read this series to completion once the other tales are no longer so fresh in my mind ..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous