All Comments on 'A New Leaf'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 4 years ago

I didn't get this story at all. I thought Kiersten was unlikeable, and don't understand why this story was in Loving Wives. I don't think being divorced from a cheating husbnd was enough of a reason to place the story in LW.

I generally love your stories, but this one just left me scratching my head.

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

Once again you hit the bullseye. Great characters, loved it.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

Kiersten is great. I like her.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I had the pleasure of doing an early read on this as well as the completed story on "The Other Site." Five stars all the way.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 4 years ago

Great story.

I enjoyed the glimpse into Kiersten's personality. Scary lady. I like her. Definite 5*

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 4 years ago
Intriguing Character

The character Kiersten is intriguing (hardly unlikeable) - so well developed over just a few “pages” - and the story entertaining and well paced. Thoroughly enjoyed.

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgeralmost 4 years ago
Your stories seem to flow....

Sometimes down an unseen side street, or end with the abruptness of a defective airbag. with you, It's the journey. Thanks for the ride.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 4 years ago
Great chapter

You've got this character down.

A great addition to this series.

Hooked

amyyumamyyumalmost 4 years ago
Wow, you're a bad ass Randi

I loved it but can't understand why it's rated so low. Oh well, 5* from me.

Cheers, Amy

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 4 years ago

Kiersten is a thoroughly fascinating character. Love Regan, love the babies, am really looking forward to where you take Kiersten.

waifwaifalmost 4 years ago
Randi I Love Your Writing

I really love it, but I took off a single point for two reasons.

1) You gave very little back story about Ryan and Jolene. If Jolene was her best friend since 2nd Grade, why didn't she offer more about their relationship to illustrate the level of betrayal? Why was that fact even mentioned if you were going to gloss it over?

2) Regan is Kiersten's best friend but never even mentions Jolene's name while mentioning Ryan at least twice. Jolene came across as the Rosencrantz or Guildenstern of your tale.

3) The cop in the park felt contrived, like a convenient setup to illustrate what a bad-ass Kiersten is.

I still gave it 4 stars because your dialogue ROCKS! I am a huge fan of well written dialogue.

tizwickytizwickyalmost 4 years ago

Great beginning, but I like everything that you write, now where is the middle and the end of the story?

TwistedWrenchTwistedWrenchalmost 4 years ago

Your characters are always so deep and we'll planned. Thanks for sharing with us and I look forward to the next episode.

tvlg71343tvlg71343almost 4 years ago

Had to really look to get the reference to the threesome story although in there she had a diffent guy not Ryan at least the aunt is consistent.

Kiersten seemed interesting but right now I am actually more interested in Ryan and how he struggled the last twelve years. How did she pulled her revenge over and over again to get him to the point to even willingly walk completely out of the life of his two girls. It seems kiersten made sure the girls only see the "sperm donor" in him but nothing more.

Sounds like they will develop respect for guys with such a great example of a dad and her mum given them great encouragement "no stinking man"

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Amazing

Hell of a story and very erotic. As always you give us wonderful stories. It's nice to see a strong confident women.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Er...

Was this story really by you BR? I'm not criticising as I know nothing about writing stories, but like the other Kiersten tale it is just so different from your other work and imho nothing like as good. It seems to please most commentators though so you're hitting someone's kink..Good luck with Kiersten.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

As always, very well written. Kiersten may be a bad bitch, but she is totally unlikeable. Good job showing that a wronged woman can be just as unforgiving and vindictive as any betrayed man. Story was fine without the interaction with the police officer though. Not sure why you felt the need to put that in an otherwise complete story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years ago
Randi is evolving as a writer.

Most of us reinvent ourselves a few times over the years. After writing a certain type of story for a period of time, no matter how well received, a writer wants to change direction, try something different. Randi is doing that now, and doing it quite well. Thanks for the hard work!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 4 years ago
Competent Writing DOES NOT Make a Good Story

Not a good tale for you...very little story or characters to like. We've come to expect better from you. Thanks for the effort.

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 4 years ago
A tag-back to the "other" Kristen story would be appreciated.

Its name, or a link, if someone pleases?

stev2244stev2244almost 4 years ago

Cool tough girl story with a nice bad cop scene. Well done, looking forward to her next adventure.

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 4 years ago

Very interesting. Ordinarily I'd shy away from a story about lesbian or bisexual love, but you presented it well. Starting off with the failure of the marriage, then the patheric degradation of the ex husband and ex friend, set the stage for something different. As always, your writing is as good as it gets, and the plot structure gave it a chance to glow.

Thank you for sharing this with me.

Hans

ranec1ranec1almost 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

unrated

Wrong category. Randi writes in categories other than LW. Why is this not Romance, Lesbian or Erotic Coupling? An easy five in any of those!

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago

Very well done. Interesting well written story.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Link Requested and Great Story

ReadyOne

07/18/20

A tag-back to the "other" Kristen story would be appreciated.

Its name, or a link, if someone pleases.

The link is https://www.literotica.com/s/threesome-46

Another great story by blackrandi1958. Is there any way the Kiersten stories can be linked as would be useful to readers?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

#ReadyOne, here you go, Threesome. https://www.literotica.com/beta/s/threesome-46

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 4 years ago
One lady you don't want to piss off.

Randi is always good for a 5-star tale of love, revenge, and characters you don't mess with. My kind of girl.

LwcbyLwcbyalmost 4 years ago
Not really into lesbians

But always down for a Randi story! You tod172 hard Day's night and a few others you're getting me through this coronavirus horseshit all I do is read and eat and stay away from people thank you

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
Loved it Randi!

Your characters feel so real and their love shines! The action is vivid enough to see and the sex is on fire!

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Just re-read the story. Said good things last time but didn't say enough. I upped it to 5 from 4 stars. Having read so many others by now there is just no comparison with them to your stories. This story, like all of your stories, is eloquent. It is wonderful to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The slangs that are used seemed to make the sentence structure disjointed. They seem like placeholders where a more appropriate word could be used.

Rameriz4Rameriz4over 3 years ago
Cop out....

The story really needed to know what was on her ID.... Cops are a different breed. Why was the cop scared of her ID? I know how police are, because I work for the state police in my state, so I get to interact with cops all the time. Other than that a decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Kids

If he had killed his children guess that would have made her regret the day she was born too ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Kiersten Subject ID

How about some form of Subject ID of Kiersten stories so they can be followed in some sort of order/sequence as appropriate?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written as always but it isn't a story. It's a scene from a story that tells us nothing except that Kiersten is a vindictive bitch who works for some unnamed 'police/state security' agency and has decided to start a lesbian relationship because she's pissed off with men. All really a bit pointless.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Gotta love a woman who takes no crap from anyone - especially a cop like that. And wow, her scene with Regan is smokin'.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadabout 3 years ago

not my favorite story of yours. The whole man hating woman thing and her influence on her daughters to be man-haters too didn't show a good woman who was strong at all. Her actions were done out of vindictiveness, spite and brokenness which are all actions done in weakness. I didn't feel much sympathy for her and certainly little empathy and I wanted to because, well, it sucks to be cheated on and the ex-husband was a douche. But he was her kids father and she taught them to hate him.

I went through a divorce and had to raise my as best I could and could have taken the low road like she did and taught him to hate her. Ultimately it didn't matter because she was such a toxic person that he figured it out for himself. But my approach of showing him that no one is perfect and that we all have flaws kept him from totally hating her and because of that he still has a relationship with her today.

There is nothing worse than a person that uses her own pain to feed hatred and negativity to their children. You did mention that this is a continuing character so maybe its just a matter of me not reading the previous stories and I'm missing details. Anyways, your writing was still compelling and was an interesting read.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Its funny but when a husband goes this nuclear on the wife, the knuckle draggers wet themselves endlessly. Hell if the wife dies by gun shot, gas tank explosion, driven off the road into a tree etc etc, you can hear the cheers across the internet. Those little boys are misogynists, the rest of us love what she did. The burn for the goose is good for the gander kinds.

Enjoyed it.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

A good story, I think some think of her as a man hater but she's not just wary after being married to a cheater. Same goes for guys who are disrespected by cheating wives. I was married for 13 years to my first wife had to young girls. She up and left cause she wanted to screw around she did that then divorced me. I never said one bad word to the children about her. Today the children haven't talked to me in 40 years. Do I hate women? No. My second marriage lasted 40 years till she passed. Did I think about cheating? No. There is no excuse for cheating when married or in a committed relationship. Why do I love the get even stories? Don't really know guess I need some psch treatment. Burn the assholes to there's no excuse. Like to fuck around? Don't get married, pretty simple choice. Keep writing good story and good edditing.

MacHardyMacHardyalmost 3 years ago

A different formula. Great stuff.

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

very good story.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story but far from finished! :-)

DT

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

You know

I hate cheating pricks almost as much as cheating cunts, but this was in the wrong category. Still an interesting tale,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't get it,husband became a risk because of a hetro affair so a lesbian affair should be just as much of a risk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good and creative story, well told, but a lot of things unanswered, i hope you finish the story. thank you

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

Wow awesome story. I loved it. A strong woman, a passionate woman. As always with your stories, the characters are beautifully crafted, they jump from the page and bury themselves into your psyche. Wonderfully told. Absolutely 5 stars.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

My first read of your work. Have seen your name mentioned in other works. Story was well written and I loved the idea of making ex suffer. Never could understand cheating, especilly with a lifetime friend of the offended party.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

great! just thought her twin girls were a little young to be aware of m/f relationship differences.

TangomoreTangomoreabout 2 years ago

I liked this a lot. I like Kiersten. You've created some very wonderful characters; the twins, Regan and ,Ryan (even though he's an ads. This was a fun read even though it had some really sad parts. The dialog is well developed and passionate.

drycreeksdrycreeksabout 2 years ago

Ok this is the last of ur stories. I have worked my way thru all of them n i will say ur a pretty darn good writer. I have enjoyed them all some more than others. The saddest part is now there r no more. Thanks for ur hard work kno it was enjoyed and appreciated.

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

Nice writing. Good plot. Story unfolds at nice pace. Characters seem like people I know or have known - believable. Cheater was due whatever she thought aided in her “revenge” for the betrayal BUT not turning his children against him or making them into man haters. Using children as weapons and manipulating them to hate a parent is almost as bad as the cheating of the spouse - it cheats the children out of a relationship with the other parent to sooth wounds the parent inflected on the other parent not on the child. Wrong wrong wrong. The only exception is if the parent truly is a danger this is not the case here; though the wording suggests the wife thought the cheater wronged the children by infidelity. The wrong message is and has been sent to inflect pain on the cheater.

Thanks for sharing your talents John

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ok, but not as good as some of your others...for me, anyway. i still thank you!

VickiT375VickiT375almost 2 years ago

Another that has resonated with me for awhile. As a woman with a career that requires long (lonely) hours, it was very hard sometimes to keep the balance between career and family. I did get the wake-up call from my son. I was able to better prioritize after that. It saved my marriage and my life. Thank you.

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

The jackass cop getting his ass beat was my favorite part of a very damn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love the characters, story, everything really! I do however need a dictionary. Ima, Ona, fleek, yeet! I think I got context, but then who knows! Thanks for a very nice read! MIke

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Decent story, retribution was kind of harsh, but that's ok. Its just tangentially a loving wives story though , I think it should have been in the Lesbian story category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You're one of the writers on LW in whose works i'm doing deep dives... and enjoying the ride ! Not your first I've read, BTW...

...nor is it the first "5" !

EastCoaster

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

I can't say I love the story since I am not a fan of this genre. I am a fan of your writing and know regardless of genre, it will be a good story. As usual, it is vert well written. 5✨

DG HearDG Hearover 1 year ago

Interesting story, I'm not a fan of gay or lesbians but your writing is very good. This is the first story I've read of yours. I will have to read more.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I thought that was a great story, different from the run of the mill on here, nicely executed piece

Laurentius0150Laurentius0150about 1 year ago

This is the best lesbian/bi story I have ever read. Normally the all sex every second type lesbian stories never get a complete read by me. Please don't write gay and trans crap as I really like reading most of your stories. Start writing Tranny junk I'll dump you as a favorite author in a heartbeat. Just an FYI.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The topic was not for me. A quick warning would have been nice.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 1 year ago

Don't give those doubters a second thought. This was top notch writing, as I've come to expect. Fabulous story buildup, that needs a second chapter.

By the way, you are the only author anywhere who I don't mind talking about their 'tiddies'

5*

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker12 months ago

Not my cup of tea. But you keep on with your writing. Your a good story teller... 👍😉👌😁

MigbirdMigbird11 months ago

Just reread and can’t help but applaud — so entertaining, fun, character driven.

Hottdreams80720Hottdreams807209 months ago

Thank you. I enjoyed the short story and would love to read more as their relationship develops. Thanks, Mike

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Well told as always with Randi, but one of her very few LW stories not in my favorites.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

I like this, but not your best work. Randi does an excellent job with dialogue, story pacing and characterization. I am likely biased because I love strong female characters. What this story lacked was conflict. Yes, I know a brief interlude occurred with a bullying cop, but that was not central to the story. This reads more like a documentary of what is happening to this woman post divorce. A conflict to resolve would have raised this from the four stars I gave it to five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

a little lacking in detail about the actual sex . other stories about hetero sex are filled with graphic descriptions of oral ,why not this one ?? still,nice for a change .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A good story. I gave it a 5 star rating. It just felt off - somehow. Why did the husband cheat. It is not established - is he just a horn dog or was something missing? Did he not feel needed? Did he feel he was just her living dildo? When your wife is loving, charismatic, loves sex, loves giving blow jobs (presumably to completion some of the time) then what the hell? Seems like money was not a problem since she didn't need any from him, post divorce. Jolene was less attractive, less everything apparently. So the normal motivations are absent.

Was he just sick about the constant criticism about the toilet seat being up? By the way, I always put it back down when there are women about, but that is because I don't want the poor things falling in. Actually, I think it would be better if the man raised it and the women lowered it because then they could check the bowl for snakes or rats (since both apparently happen) and around the bowl and under the seat for spiders (since that also happens), but those are just my thoughts. (Removing tongue from cheek now)

Seems like he is not with Jolene, so apparently it was not "true love". Falling for some "mousy little girl" when you have a gorgeous apparently beautiful, horny loving wife could happen and be the motivation, but that was clearly absent since her husband and his "slut" were both divorced but they were apparently not together.

I get her rage at the betrayal by her best friend and her husband, but she clearly wants to know "why" and she is clearly wondering, but does not seem to have had it out with the cheaters themselves. Why not? Something as simple as "she needed me and you didn't" is possible and would only add a couple of sentences to the story. "You are a cold fish and she is warm and loving" or "you are just such a bitch" - harsh but possible.

The twins and Kiersten seem like great characters. I have no idea why she likes Regan. Her character, other than she is fun and likes to party, did not come through.

Why Reagan automatically assume the cop was an ass? (Posture, tone?) He proved it and got a deserved comeuppance, but why did she assume it? The text said "How can you say that?" she snapped. "I'm just standing here recording. This shit happens all the time and I'm fucking sick of it." Cops often have reason to have a "discussion" with young black men and yes, based on experience, they often don't handle the interaction well. "The talk" is good advice for everyone. For the record, as an older white man, I behave just as described in "the talk", because the cop might be an ass or he might be having his worst day of all time and yes, might take it out on me. Which is wrong, but until we have police robots, will continue to happen. Watching young black men, they seem compelled to "give back" and cops feel compelled to "maintain their authority and control" since we have charged them with the duty to maintain order. Why would "this shit" not happen often?

I did like Kiersten's response "lets just record" allowing the cop prove Reagan's assumption was correct.

And "bi" is fine with me, but the discovery of that on Kiersten's part felt a little sudden. And yes no real sex in a story by a talented writer was a bit disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Huh? Well that took a couple of sharp turns.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I’m a sucker for happy ending love stories. Thanks?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

An Excellent story 5 stars, but I do have 1 complaint. The intro infers that this is part of a Kiersten series, yet going through your library, i can seem to find any others, which is a real shame because I would totally read an extended novella about her, Ryan, Jolene, Regan and the girls.

Phxray54Phxray54about 2 months ago

Contempt of cop is a capital offense in some areas.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...