All Comments on 'A New Lie'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
Title prophetic of things to come, or just a typo?

Lie or life...?

trigudistrigudisalmost 8 years ago
A New Life - Isn't that What You Meant?

Those pesky little typos hurt the writer (once discovered after the fact) more than the reader. I know, I've been there.

wieliczkawieliczkaalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Sorry. A New LIFE. typo

So sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very nice work

It's easy to lose your way. Harder to admit that it's YOU who is lost. Great story.

burlysmithburlysmithalmost 8 years ago
Fantastic!

Would give you a 10 if I could. Brought tears to my eyes. Loved it!

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 8 years ago
Love this kind of story...

This story was a study of human emotions, frailties, and how relationships can deteriorate over time. Not to self-promote, but my story 'Melting Away Slowly' dealt with the same sort of issue, only in mine they didn't remain together.

It seems to me that after financial problems and infidelity, that people who allow their relationships to fall apart as the result of complacency must be right up there. Especially with those of us who have been married for long times.

This was a thoughtful exposition of how it can come about and in this story there is actually a happy ending as the couple discovers that they are less as two separate individuals than they are together as a couple.

Enjoyed it greatly!

frazodfrazodalmost 8 years ago
Great story

I loved the lawyers office. Shows she still assumes she knows what is going on, making up things in her head. This shows she is still making mistakes, but is trying to make progress.

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very close to reality

My wife and I just celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary one week ago. What was described in this story was us just a few years ago. The wife's actions in this story were all too similar to how my wife acted. I held too much in for too long and tried to get her bring her back to me slowly but it didn't work.

After our blow up and my detailing her treatment of me, she realized how far she had fallen. The difference between our real life situation and this story was we did not separate or go to counseling. We talked it out in the beginning and really made the effort to SHOW each other through actions how much we honestly do love each other.

Trust me, the little things do mean a lot.

I am glad to say we are closer now than any point in our marriage and it's getting better.

Good reality based writing. And I'm not like a lot of others, the broken sentence structure is fine with me. It fits the first person story telling.

avidfaavidfaalmost 8 years ago
Great story

5* and all that, but I know you can edit and repost stories on Lit., surely you are going to correct the title, aren't you? This is going to be here for as long as Lit is, and it can't be under this wrong and misleading title. Please fix and repost. There's a procedure for that.

TrtrolesTrtrolesalmost 8 years ago
nice story

Five stars,really nice story. For Marriage it takes two

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 8 years ago
Well said...well done!

If only the majority would stop and take a look like that!

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
it would have been nice

to hear his side.

Was she the only one with issues?

What had he really asked her to do?

bigdnc13bigdnc13almost 8 years ago
Wonderful story

Thanks for clearing up the misspelling in the title. I thought I missed something. It wouldn't be the first time. :)

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 8 years ago
Great story with a messed up title

A new life would be a more accurate title. People make mistakes, and one of the easiest is to use their mate as a punching bag so they can take out all their frustrations and anger on what they see as a safe target. And that doesn't mean just in a physical way, in fact psychological and emotional blows can sometimes hurt worse, a last longer, than physical ones. When it's a woman who is dealing out the blows it doesn't help if she uses sex as a weapon. Unfortunately many women are taught to use sex as a weapon from an early age, with never a mention made of how damaging that can be for any relationship, much less a marriage. When you add in the fact that females as they age can have physical reasons for losing interest in sex, something that many women will refuse to acknowledge or discuss with a doctor, and you have a disaster in the making.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
YOU CANT REALLY CALL THEM LIES

only inability to recognize Father & Mother Time, TK U MLJ LV NV

wieliczkawieliczkaalmost 8 years agoAuthor
YES I fat tingered the title "A NEW LIFE"

Shit, I have no idea how to fix it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

I'm sorry, but it's not a cute twist to bring her to a meeting with a lawyer and have it turn out to be for something other than separation or divorce-related. He handed her his rings and made her move out and all he'd heard from her was she needed some time, but he still went ahead with arranging a living trust? (and apparently her input wasn't needed/wanted into any details of that). A cruel act like that scene would have me walking away---and I'm not anywhere near as bitchy as you described her.

acupacupalmost 8 years ago
title fix

Easy, just resubmit it as an edit / correction, put the change / removal in the submission note.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Start Over? With Her?

What a dumb ass if he does. He's young. He can start over with someone who isn't so into themselves. Divorce is the only real option I see for these two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice

As a rule I do NOT like 1st person narratives written from a female perspective by a male author. This is one of the few exceptions. A well crafted story and very nicely written. Thanks for the contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Drink?

I'm almost in the same boat with my wife of 40+ years. But she don't drink, and is never wrong. Good story, 4 stars worth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A macho tale.

Written in the 1st person as a female. But the thoughts and views were very male orientated. Obviously written by a male from a male's perspective with a male's point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NO THANKS!

I'd of divorced her, no ands, ifs, or buts about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
.???

Do not understand title, unless there is a part two.

Gram1Gram1almost 3 years ago

What a beautiful story. Thanks.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

If you're trying to talk wifrvabout how to improve your sex life and romance and get closer and more intimate with your wife of 20 or more years.... but she "hears" that you want to have an open marriage... By bringing other people into the bedroom then there is No point in going on.

.

The reason why this wife or any wife is hearing that when the Husband is still in love with her and wants to rekindle the relationship now that there empty nesters and they still have some time...... is because she is disgusted by you.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Sorry, 1 stars. I get that she claims she's genuinely seeking to improve herself. But you can't improve the Basic Bitch. She is simply incapable of caring for his well being more than her own. He should just walk away and find someone who actually appreciates him for HIM, not what he does FOR HER.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Pretty sad and maybe happy, but a marriage only works when their is good communication. One person saying they aren't 'happy' is not communicating. What is happy what does it mean? A 13 year marriage ends because the wife is looking for somebody else? Why? A marriage is not a used car you take back cause it's broken. Some of us are ill suited to deal with close relationships and that's what a marriage is. You share your hopes and dreams and your bodies. I think but then I don't think and have no answers, even at 80 as a widower. We all make mistakes cause we are human. I don't even know what I'm talking about but this story show what can and does happen in so many marriages. We get married and then we don't have to try anymore. It gets too familiar and we take each other for granted. So we go on and blame somebody else for our failures to understand.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Flat out brilliant introspective analysis.💯💥💥💥💥

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story and as a man in his late 50’s married for 35+ years having many of same issues, it really hits home. Very well done. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very, very well done. One of the very few stories in which the errant spouse pulls out of the 90 degree nose dive and limps back to base.

Busman19639Busman196399 months ago

I can identify with parts of this very well. It can be tough being number five in your spouse’s life.

Bill669JBill669J5 months ago

This is the most real fantasy I’ve read on this site. Very true to life. Very good

LanmandragonLanmandragon2 months ago

A ray of sunshine; thank you.

RobcolesRobcoles16 days ago

Ok, firstly I didn’t give you permission to write about my marriage. Secondly, where the heck have you put the hidden cameras in my house? Thirdly, excellent story 👌.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

This is more than a story! It is a call to self-evaluation, to see where one is in life, what is good and what is broken and needing to be fixed. 5

THC

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
819 Followers
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...

SIMILAR Stories