A Night with Rachel Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Maybe," I said. I turned back and stared at Derek's drunken form. He'd slid over in the seat and was laying on his side. "You guys take care. I may see you tomorrow night for dinner or I may not."

"We understand," Jeff said with a nod. I shook their hands before I closed the door and they drove away. As I walked to the elevator, I hoped 'Drea was still awake so that we could come up with a way to tell Rachel and stop this train wreck she was headed towards. When I opened the room door, I saw 'Drea walk out of the bathroom wearing just a towel.

"You're back earlier than I expected," she smiled. When she saw my expression, the smile faded quickly. "What is it?"

"It's Derek," I said.

"What about him," 'Drea said, her eyes narrowed in anger. I summarized what he'd said in the cab.

"That sorry piece of shit," she said when I was finished.

"Yeah, but we sort of suspected it all along though," I replied.

"I know, but to hear that it's true makes me so damn mad," she said.

"Me too, babe," I replied. "How can we tell her?"

"Baby, I honestly don't think she'll listen to us, do you," 'Drea asked. "We've both told her countless times what we think about him."

"I know, but isn't this different," I replied.

"Brad, she and I've talked about him a lot. We talked again tonight," she explained. "I'm pretty sure deep down she knows already. She's going to have to make the decision to go through this or not. We can't make it for her."

"I know, but, fuck, it just pisses me off. I wanted to punch that fucker in the face," I said.

"I'm sure you did, but thankfully you didn't. This is going to have to be up to her. All we can do is keep loving her, no matter what," 'Drea smiled. She walked over and put her arms around me. "Now, why don't you go take a shower and wash off that nasty cigarette smoke and come to bed?"

"Okay, baby," I nodded.

"It's going to be okay, Brad," she said. "I promise."

"I hope so," I said. "What else did the two of you talk about tonight?"

She smiled and looked down slightly before she looked back up at me. "The feelings are mutual baby," she said.

"Really," I asked.

"Yeah, really," 'Drea repeated.

"Then why are we wasting our time with this wedding," I asked.

"Because it's her decision. If we really love her, we'll support her decisions," 'Drea said.

"Fuck, I don't get it," I said.

"Baby. Take your shower. Nothing has changed yet," she said. "We just have to be patient."

"Ugh," I groaned and walked to the bathroom.

---

The day of the wedding was very surreal. I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Rachel was actually going to go through with it. There'd scarcely been a moment where I could've caught her alone and told her though. I had to hope that 'Drea was right and that things would be okay, but it was killing me every time I saw her with him. The night before the wedding he'd insisted on giving a speech at the rehearsal dinner. He was half-drunk of course, and the speech was filled with references to what she meant to him and how he was going to spend the rest of his life making her happy. Each time he said something like that made me want to beat his even worse. 'Drea talked to me afterwards.

"I know you're not happy about this and neither am I," she said. "But anyone with eyes can see your expressions. You need to cool it."

"I know, babe," I said. "I'm sorry. I'm trying."

"Well, try harder," she'd insisted.

"I will," I replied.

We'd arrived at the wedding facility early the day of the wedding as there would be many things to do. Rachel, 'Drea, Erin and the rest of the bride's maids left to get their hair done, leaving me by myself. The place was huge, and I found myself walking around, exploring. I turned down a hall to find Rachel's dad, Bill, sitting at a table looking out a large window. There was large pond outside it and the waterfowl were plentiful. I walked up to him and he turned.

"Hey there, Brad," he said. "I'm sorry we didn't have much of a chance to talk last night."

"It's all right. I'm sure you've got your hands full," I said as I extended my hand.

"That's for sure," he smiled as he shook my hand. Bill had been an offensive lineman for the University of Texas and still had a handshake that make a gorilla wince. He was an independent geologist and he'd discovered several big oil plays throughout west Texas.

"I said after the middle daughter got married, I hoped Rachel would just elope," he laughed.

"Yeah, I bet so," I smiled.

"So, how have you been. You got a job yet," he asked.

"I've got some resumes out. I've had a few call backs," I said.

"Well, what I told you last summer still goes," he said. "You want to give up that environmental crap, I'll hire you in a heartbeat, son."

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate that. I'll let you know," I replied.

"Good, Brad. Just don't forget that. It's getting to be an exciting time again with these new shale plays," he said.

"Yes sir. So, I've heard," I answered. We made small talk about the humid Houston weather and about my upcoming job prospects. Finally, he turned to the obvious subject.

"You know, I was kind of hoping you and 'Drea might have talked her out of this," he said as we looked out the pond.

"Yes sir, I wish we had," I agreed.

"I guess I'm not letting any secrets out of the bag when I say that Diane and I have been literally sick since she told us he asked her to marry him," he said quietly.

"No sir, you're not. So, have I," I replied.

"I've never liked that snot-nosed punk or his family. His dad fucked me over on a deal a long time ago. Probably cost me about $20 million dollars," he said. He looked at me and I could still see the anger in his eyes.

"I didn't know that," I said.

"Well, neither does Rachel. When she started dating him, she seemed happy, so I buried the hatchet as they say. As time went by though, I could see that she was just going through the motions and that he was a turd just like his daddy," Bill said as he shook his head.

"Yes sir," I said. "'Drea and I both have tried. Believe me."

"I know you have. She called Diane several times in tears after y'all had talked to her," he said. "I guess we'll just have to see how things turn out."

"Yeah. I don't like it, but I'm afraid you're right," I agreed. He turned to me and we shook hands again.

"There's still always time," he smiled. "I'll catch up with you later, Brad. I better go get my tux on, I'm sure I'll have to take some pictures or something."

"Yes sir," I nodded and smiled. "We all will."

---

When the girls returned, they went to their dressing room to get ready. I went to the dressing room for the groom to get dressed myself. Derek was there already, along with Todd, Jeff and the other two groom's men, Sam and Alex. Sam and Alex were too much like Derek and I immediately didn't like them when I met them earlier in the week at the bachelor party.

"Oh, there you are," Derek said as I walked in. His tone was condescending and grated on me. "I've been wondering where you were at. I figured you might be getting ready with the rest of the bride's maids." He thought that was really funny, as did Sam and Alex. I noticed a glass of whiskey in his hand. Great, I thought. He's drinking straight whiskey on his wedding day and it wasn't even noon yet.

"I was out talking to people," I replied, ignoring the insult.

"Oh, talking to people. You weren't out flirting with my little wife-to-be were you," he said. As he talked, I could tell that was not his first or even second glass of whiskey.

"What's that supposed to mean," I asked.

"Oh, nothing," he said, waving his glass in front of him. "It's just you always seemed to be around her, and she did mention you a lot. I always wondered if there was something going on there. She said you were just a friend. I thought I might get your side of it."

"I don't think there's really anything to say, Derek," I said. I saw Sam and Alex smiling, while Jeff and Todd looked uneasy and worried.

"Oh, there's not, huh," he asked. "You want a drink?"

"No, I usually wait until at least noon before I start," I replied. He gave me a sarcastic smile.

"Touché," he replied. His face turned to anger. "Well, since you're a meathead and clearly not understanding me, I'll be blunt. Have you been fucking Rachel or not?"

I looked at him and simply smiled.

"What are you smiling about, you fuck," he asked.

"I'm sure you'd like to know, but I'm not going to tell you anything," I said.

"You motherfucker," he said. "You have been, haven't you?"

"Like you're one to judge me if I had," I replied. He started walking towards me. Inwardly, I shrugged. I didn't want it to come to that, but if it did, I was going to end it fast. He paused about six inches from my face. He was three or four inches taller than me, but I probably had 60 pounds on him.

"What I do is my business," he said.

"Likewise, amigo," I replied. He dropped his whiskey glass and moved like he was going to punch me. He didn't have time though as I quickly grabbed him around the throat with my left hand and started to choke him. It was amazing how fast his face turned red and he dropped to his knees. Sam and Alex bristled but I could see on their faces that they weren't going to do anything.

"You think you've had enough," I asked Derek. He tried to nod, but my hand around his throat limited his movement. "I asked you if had enough, or do I need to finish this?"

"Yes," he managed to gasp. I let him go and he slumped to the floor.

"You should probably learn some manners, Derek," I said. "Not everyone is going to be influenced by your money and bullshit charm." He looked up at me and he started to speak but the glare I gave him made him wilt. I turned to Jeff and Todd.

"Guys, I'm sorry about this," I said.

"Don't be," Todd said. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room. I turned and walked down the hall to where the bride's dressing room was. Just as I was about to knock, 'Drea opened the door. She jumped when she saw me and brought her hand to her mouth.

"God," she said. "You scared me."

"We need to talk," I said.

"Yes, we do actually," she said. She pulled the door closed behind her. "Come on."

I followed her down the hall to an empty room. I walked in and she closed the door behind us.

"Look," I began. "I just choked Derek out. He started asking me about Rachel and being a dick. I think I better leave before the cops get here."

"Ugh. Damn it, Brad. I can't believe you," she said. "Just wait. You're not leaving without us."

"What do you mean, us," I asked.

"Just wait right here. Don't go anywhere," she said. She slipped back out the door, closing it behind her. The door opened a few minutes later. 'Drea entered, followed by Erin and Rachel. They were all still in their street clothes and I wondered why they hadn't started getting ready.

"What's going on," I asked.

"We're getting out of here," Rachel said.

"What," I asked.

"We're leaving," Erin said with a smile. "Someone finally had a little change of heart."

"Are you serious," I asked.

"Yes," she smiled. "I just realized how stupid I was. I thought I could still do this and live the lie, but I realize I can't. I have to follow my heart and my heart is with you all."

"Really," I asked, just to be sure.

"Yes," Rachel replied, tears were streaming down her face.

"We've been debating about this for the last two hours," 'Drea said. "I was coming to find you so I could tell you when you showed up."

"I can't believe this," I said. I reached for Rachel and 'Drea. I hugged them tightly and kissed them repeatedly. I turned to see Erin watching us.

"I don't know if I want to be part of this," she said.

"Get your sexy ass over here. You're part of it whether you want to be or not," I said. She rolled her eyes before joining us. I kissed her softly on the lips.

"You can do better than that," she said.

"I will, but we probably better get out of here," I said.

"I think you're right," Rachel agreed.

"Where are we going to go," I asked.

"Hawai'I," 'Drea said.

"Really," I asked.

"Yes, Daddy has a plane waiting for us at the airport," Rachel added.

"Wow," I said.

"Let's go then," Erin suggested.

"Let's," I smiled. We walked towards the door and when I opened it, I saw Todd standing there.

"Hey man," I said. "What's up?"

"Oh, not much really," he laughed. "Kind of a boring day."

"Yeah, I hear you," I smiled.

"He's going with me," Erin said. "You'll have your hands full."

I looked at Rachel and 'Drea, who were smiling. "Yeah, I think I will," I said.

---

More ahead. Just be patient!!!! Thanks for reading!!!