All Comments on 'A Note & a Letter Ch. 02'

by Moondrift

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
NamizujsNamizujsover 19 years ago
Thank You!

I like a settled story somtimes, but I would have had Glen tell Sarah about the letter etc.

As far as commitment and love go, nobody can tell in advance.

This was an ending, your choice at least.

Thanks and bye

John

justbilljustbillover 19 years ago
Very nice ending.

LIfe is not perfect. Your story, however, was just right. I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
It's beautiful

Quite frankly, this story is more mature and thoughtful than others on Literotica, which I enoyed. It had enough unexpected twists and bumps to keep it always very interesting, too. Altogether it was a great "read" for this divorced middle-aged male, who now won't give up on finding real love.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
A lovely little love story.

I would have liked to see some revenge against his slut ex-wife, Rosemary. I guess the change in social status and the lower financial scale possibly was punishment enough. No more pampered rich woman with different men coming in several times a week. And she was such a snot to Glen.

I nominate Trish as the person who sent the first note, if you mentioned that in the story

I missed it. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
BRILLIANT TALE OF LOVE OVER ADVERSITY

Loved it...very gentle and very romantic....pity about the fallen star...but you could see that coming.....I reckon it was Trish who sent the letter out of her love and respect for him, but we will never know....rolled along at a nice pace.....and the ending was just great......well done.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A beautiful story of love over sadness

I loved this one and the way it unfolded....such tenderness and loving between them both......I think it was Trish who sent the note to him as she obviously knew what was going on with the slut whore skank having a rotation of lovers - he found out the hard way....sometimes we are so blind as to what is under our noses....glad she ended up in the sticks and poor...just what she deserved and so glad he married Sarah...a strong woman to take care of him and then the loving relationship with Trish and her husband and baby.....a brilliant, brilliant story so full of compassion.....well done....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I'm so glad he told that cow where to get off and she was dumped by that thieving bank manager. Such I brilliant story so glad they got married brilliant brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
since you mentioned bible verses to prove a point...

why didn't you mention what the bible says about FUCKING before marriage? Why did you change the name of Glen in the end and WHAT THE FUCK IS SWANNING???

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
So many questions

Why didn't he contact a solicitor as soon as he got back from Rascal's Point? Most jurisdictions provide for abandonment. Rosemary left for parts unknown. There was no known way to contact her. File the papers for divorce with the court, publish the public announcement, move on.

I worry for those two immature people. I hope Glen (whatever his last name is) has a good practice manager.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OK

If I had read this story first, I might be more enthused. But coming off of Tony155's story, Her Love for a Brother (no, it is not incest), puts A Note in the shadow of a mighty oak.

Glen, although educated and experienced, seems psychologically like a boy who has to hold mama Trish's hand. Still, he's preferable to the swaggering braggadoccios and even some of the agressive alpha males that populate some stories. There is a place in stories for a mild-mannered, unsure fellow somewhat mudddling through life. I suppose it is true of a number of people, and maybe most all of us at one time or another.

Enjoyable read.

Paul in Oklahoma

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

This is a lovely story that is well written. I think the end was a bit rushed and could have been expanded to a little more detail of Sarah and Glen's marriage and there life married together. Bottom line is that I loved the story and enjoyed reading it. It gets my 5 star vote.

WoodencavWoodencavover 1 year ago

A lovely storey but the ending was a bit too sudden, 3 short paragraphs. Because of the abrupt ending I’m only giving it ⭐️⭐️⭐️.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger9 months ago

Only excellent, really well written, thoroughly enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the great ones. Innocence is not synonymous with immaturity, as some comments here have suggested. Being married to a slut while buried in work is a combination that too often leads to the inevitable ending of a marriage like Glen’s. Sarah is at once both innocent and wise. She is the one who first realizes how good she and Glen will be for each other, The life of the small-town doctor will be inevitably good for both his psyche and their marriage. Many could learn from the example described here. I never thought of Trish as being the author of the note, but in thinking about it, it rather makes sense. She is Glen’s muse, after all.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One more comment: Sarah need never have worried about being a slut. The difference between the concept of sluttiness, and not is, commitment, period. No sense of commitment was stronger than Sarah’s. Commitment is a heavenly attitude in God’s eyes. The relationship between Glen and Sarah is nothing but a blessing to all who knew and loved hem.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous