All Comments on 'A Pair of Lost Socks'

by Thefireflies

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you for a heart warming yarn. I really enjoyed it. Will definitely check out your other work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
done well

Great read, exactly what this section needs, anyone that tells you otherwise needs help..of the mental kind.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 3 years ago
A wonderful tale

It made me think of the Covid experience here in Canada

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Your story is a wonderful addition, a reminder that this site is not just erotica, but literotica.

ArdieffArdieffabout 3 years ago

You write really, really well. I enjoyed getting to know these characters. Thank you.

fixer43fixer43about 3 years ago

Excellent tale of love, love lost, and love found again. I even added to my Aussie vocabulary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An exquisite story. Not just the storyline but also the way the story developed without prior explanations or flashbacks. Tremendous character development too. It’s also a joy to read an Australian tale. We have been so fortunate in our country. Thank you. John in WA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You have a talent and the way you are able to write about characters in different life phases is refreshing. They all seem authentic. It’s also nice to read stories that are from other countries besides the usual US/Canada/European ones. I hope we can read about Ryan and Georgina’s story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A very good story. Not just a lovely description of two people finding each other again, but a good look at a range of Australian attitudes, behaviours and characters, all true to life, I loved some of the references, the woollie weekly birthday cook book was the bane of my wife’s life ! The kids would pour over it and choose the most difficult cake they could find for their birthdays. We got our revenge, digging it out to show our grandchildren, who harassed our daughters over which cakes to make. You do capture Australia and Australians very well.

QBikkQBikkabout 3 years ago

I started to read 'A pair of Lost Socks', but I have to admit, the speed of the start and the 'Australianism' made it difficult to get into it. I started a second time, but I stopped at the intro. I did read that this story is a companion to 'Heather's Exquisite Map of Tassie'. So I started to read this one, and get into it, read it in one go, got the 'Australianisms' (Yeah Cobber!) and enjoyed it a lot. Once I put this one in my favourite, I started to read this one, as well in one go. I wasn't bothered like the first times and really got into the story. It's really well written and paced, a great story to read. It also helps my idioms and dialects English. Thanks for that. Thanks for sharing your talent.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks to all who read, enjoyed, voted, and took the time to comment :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant. You've really come into your own here.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago

That was a wonderful story and a great part two. Thank you.

wayfinderwayfinderalmost 2 years ago

Thank-you for sharing these characters, their world, and their hearts with us. Your writing voice is clear and consistent. I enjoy re-reading your stories multiple times because the details come together so sweetly and naturally. This story, along with Heather's Map, is incredibly satisfying. I am reminded again of how we make things harder than they have to be, out of our own pain and fear. I am reminded of the rewards of forgiveness and reconciling. Whatever culture and country we come from, these things are worth striving for. I appreciate the skill you put into taking us on that walk with these people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. My only quibble is that 14 years seems like a really harsh amount for time with no contact. I know they separated and we have some understanding not why but, in only the last year or two did the spark come back to Max? It was clear the two loved each other with passion and they had been dealt a shitty hand in life. For her to walk off must have meant the depression and the death of their son was devastating. But again 14 years? Max was in a depression hell hole wallowing for 12 years? Seems unnecessarily harsh for the author. Could have been 5-7 years and still had effect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great tale - but mid-50s is not old!!

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Not a stand alone story in my mind. Honestly a 14 year (barely explained) separation just didn't feel romantic to me. It was just way too long a separation. It felt to me like the romance totally died, and they just lived together at the end. For a 100k word total over 2 stories it didn't feel like a romance.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Matching socks or soulmates ….. fantastic ….. what a lovely breathtaking tale ….. and it all spiraled into a lovely family affair, grandma eighty seconds birthday ….. the first pages have been intense filled with tragedy and definitely sometimes its hard discovering any form of light, being deep down in the gutter …… so loosing the soulmate, the love of your life is ripping you apart and on top being bystander following your sons rotten drugged path, helpless, horror ….. so the end and the love filled house was very welcoming and heartwarming

Ten hearts honoring this tale 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

14yr separation is extremely long especially for 2 people who supposedly love each other!! Really ridiculous of this writer with a 14page nonsense that could have been reduced to half

DavetheKnave48DavetheKnave487 months ago

What a convoluted story that failed to grab me twice. Initially I downloaded four pages and was confused by a long list of relatives.... Romance in the following pages was thinly revealed. What a sad and sorry tale after the twin story of Tim and Heather was such a delight!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThefireflies@Thefireflies
Thanks for dropping by my story page. I like to write for pleasure, mine and hopefully yours. I still have many story ideas, I'm just excellent at procrastinating, even when I do get time to write. So, my dear readers, please be patient. A quick word about typos: they are prob...

SIMILAR Stories