All Comments on 'A Paladin's Journey Ch. 09'

by Antidarius

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
JAFCriticJAFCriticover 5 years ago
You are forgiven

That was an intense chapter! A lot of different things happened that caught my attention.

1. In this battle, the Nameless used a knife tainted with the power of a rival god to Aros. Will that cause more than normal knife damage to the paladins? Maybe spiritual or some other things that will not be healed without some higher power’s intervention? Not saying a direct intervention from Aros, but perhaps a nearly forgotten ritual, grail like object, or some other force is needed to fully heal from this wounding. Or will the damage be permanent? Maybe they will have to live a different life in the temple now, teaching instead of fighting?

2. Tavish and Ayla have that training scene in the beginning. I thought it interesting because I wondered if there’s ever been a failed paladin in training before and if so, what happens to them? What if Tavish cannot get past his hurt, and instead becomes hateful? Would the power of Aros simply leave him? Would it have to be stripped of him? It’s not like they can keep k him out at this point, what if he were to run into the Heralds, be captured, and forced to disclose the temple’s location? Or if Ayla cannot find a way to overcome the psychological issues of her captivity and not be able to embrace her sexuality? I figured you might be able to use the drama that creates to do something.

3. Amina has been around for nearly a thousand years now. She nows all kinds of things the old order has lost. In the last chapter, she reveals her personal library and that it contains very sensitive information about the order that could be misinterpreted. Until then, I didn’t think that she could have anything to hide. But after reading that part, I wonder what it is. Is it something that the Order did that could be misconstrued? Something she personally did? Something about the betrayal of Aran’s ancestor that was covered up or hidden? The point is, you dropped a bombshell and now I’m waiting to see if it explodes.

4. Did Aran’s visit with Aros do more than set him back on the right path? It seems he has some knowledge imparted by Aros, including how to use his gift in fighting with vala spears, however they couldn’t target those with Maharad’s touch on them. He had to directly focus his Spears on them to hit them. First, is Maharad the name of this rival god or an avatar of this other god in charge of the Heralds? And second, is this other god somehow influencing Malory and his sister or otherwise controlling them? Does Maharad control or influence any of the darkspawn or does he need to be worshipped for his touch to be felt, then he had some influence or control of that being? Because that seems how Aros works, I wondered if the same applies to other deities in the story.

Anyway, thanks for the new chapters. Excellent series. Best of luck in your writing.

Sincerely and respectfully,

JAFCritic

taco1085taco1085over 5 years ago
wow

Wow, dont apologize for not having sex scenes.... What an amazing story, what a great read.... thanks for making it a few pages longer.... wow action packed.. I wonder how his half brother and sister are dealing with his power.... cant wait till we see the next chapter....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing

It is rare to read stories with this much quality in Literotica. Keep it up. Love your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My 2 cents

Great story even without the sex. 7/5 stars. Thanks for your time and your imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damned shame that Aran is such a weak pussy.

LevindlLevindl10 months ago

I absolutely loved the way that you portrayed the battle! The conversation between Aros and Aron was beautifully done.

Showing first, how Aron overused the gift, and then, when he awoke, used it in such a magnificent way was told so graphically that I could envision the entire scene.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Thank you for sharing such an epic tale with us!

Sincerely

Daniel

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntidarius@Antidarius
4th December 2023: Hi everyone! I'm hoping this update finds you healthy and exuberant :) I just submitted APW 14 for publication, so keep an eye out for it! - Anti. --------------------------------------------------------------- 11th August 2023: I thought I should check i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES