All Comments on 'A Paladin's Journey Ch. 18'

by Antidarius

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
D5834D5834about 4 years ago
Another update, more good content

Thanks for the update. There's lots of information to digest and add to the archive.

First, if Elaina's assassin was a Nameless and not just a regular Herald, then he was killed remarkably easily considering he should have been able to kill 2 Paladins and an assassin, or 100 men, by himself. Either Berrigan Stallen was wrong about their power or Noah is so effective that even a Nameless is easy for him to hide from and kill. In that last case he might be able to defeat hundreds of normal people single-handedly.

Second, the term "Val'lthaniel" is similar to the earlier title "Val'thaniel" of Chapter 15.2, though that had only one l. That chapter has Sara discovering her power of a Starkindler (Val'lthaniel), so it appears to be a typo, though it could be a slightly different term.

Third, it was ironic to see Maharad defeated by his own weapon, and it dissolved afterward. Apparently evil can defeat itself- it makes me want to experiment (well, if I was in that world) with cutting one Maharagi with another one, and see if they both dissolve.

Finally, Shenla's change in attitude is huge, though I can't draw many deductions from it other than demons had the same feelings as humans all along. Apparently Shenla and Maloth weren't actually devoid of empathy for their victims, they just suppressed it. Although now Shenla is ironically more empathetic and open-minded than the Order of Aros.

Anyway, good chapter, keep it up!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntidarius@Antidarius
4th December 2023: Hi everyone! I'm hoping this update finds you healthy and exuberant :) I just submitted APW 14 for publication, so keep an eye out for it! - Anti. --------------------------------------------------------------- 11th August 2023: I thought I should check i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES