All Comments on 'A Paladin's War Ch. 06'

by Antidarius

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
darkdance69darkdance69almost 3 years ago

It's for the most part an entertaining erotic fantasy yarn. It's a well developed world with a well thought out plot. For Paladins War though, I haven't haven't been giving 5 stars for the last few chapters. The only thing the main character has done this whole book so far is go on this peyote fueled vision quest. Yes, at the end he got an insight into a possible weakness of the Mor'gai, and if that vision quest was necessary to "be initiated" into that huge tribe of orcs...ok. That’s something positive if it means another significant alliance.

I'm struggling to understand why it was required and so hard to get through. We were told in Paladin's Training that his year long training he went through was necessary to to allow him to completely know himself physically and spiritually otherwise he wouldn't be able to safely control his vala. In Paladin's War we are told that he was so disconnected from himself that 9 days of constant vision trials were needed to allow him to get to know himself. Huh?

It seems to me like Antidarius was using this subplot to keep his main character out of the way and advance his many subplots in his time-line. There are currently way, way to many subplots going on for a reader who gets an installment once every several weeks. Right now there is 1)Eames and the Hearlds in Maralon, 2)Kyra and her Polynesian Amazon's, 3)Burin, Elaina, Noah and Edda, 4)Henley and the Chapel, 5)Evoni and Aran, 6)Amina and her troop, 7) Sara's mission and detour in Seragessi, 8)Ironrod/Darius in Suravale. And that's not even counting the Mor'gai's campaign in Palistair, which other than Aran's visionquest has barely been touched in Paladin's War.

Don't get me wrong, a polished, professional author like Tolkien can juggle a dozen subplots in a 500 page novel. But for a fantasy serial where the equivalent of 20 or 25 printed pages is released over 3 or 4 months some parts of the story require constant rereading to remember important details because salient plot points haven't been able to be expanded on for several months. I am happy to see though that several of these subplots seem to be on target to be merged together.

Looking forward to returning to Senla, the elf twins, and Suravale and other unresolved narratives. I'm sticking around and looking forward to more stories.

ExperiencecraverExperiencecraveralmost 3 years ago

Thanks for this very well developed world.

The sex isn't doing anything for me because I am not a fan of sharing women with other guys but still plot kept captivated.

Keep up the good work man.

BarryAllen888BarryAllen8884 months ago

Darkdance69’s comment is on-point.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntidarius@Antidarius
4th December 2023: Hi everyone! I'm hoping this update finds you healthy and exuberant :) I just submitted APW 14 for publication, so keep an eye out for it! - Anti. --------------------------------------------------------------- 11th August 2023: I thought I should check i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES