All Comments on 'A Penitent's Petition for Parole'

by dmallord

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Whilst I enjoyed this story, I felt the ending was a little too sudden to earn five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent Story! Looking forward to future installments!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A really great read and a unique plot twist on the characters. I enjoy stories that stimulate the mind and this one did that. Sometimes Fate needs a helping hand.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Exciting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is the first time I have seen or read one your your stories. Five stars and I will definitely read some more of your submissions

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Maybe in the Mike Hammer theme the ninja woman hooked him up with a woman even more fucked up that him???? I guess that goes with the theme but I still didn't really care for her, too big a slut in comparison to his wounded avenging angel persona.

Turning502019Turning5020199 months ago

Really enjoy the story but felt like there was so much more of that story to be fleshed out. For example "Ms. Myagi didn't really teach him anything just gave him stuff. A really good read.

shopratshoprat9 months ago

Looking forward to reading more of your stories, it was great!

BigMagnum44BigMagnum449 months ago

Very satisfying read!! Thank you!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire9 months ago

Well written with a very good plot and backstory. I was glad that Asuka Wilson stayed aloof and apart from him; he needed her help, but she didn’t need him so the way it played out was good. One minor suggestion is that I’d have enjoyed seeing some of the interaction between Asuka and Joe Earl rather than reading the brief summary (which was good and why I’d have like to have read more!) but understand about story length and time. Speaking of which, thanks for writing and helping make the event successful.

PurplefizzPurplefizz9 months ago

Firstly I enjoyed the story despite it seeming to have a few dead ends or parts of the plot either missing or surplus to it, although not having read the first part of The Fixers that of course could be my error.

I’d echo Turning’s comment re her saying she was Ms Miyagi, that didn’t fit at all, not sure why you used that phrase/conversation, a remnant of a previous version that didn’t get edited out maybe?

Another glitch I see is that MJ would automatically have either an IUD or a Depo-Provera shot, her “earning potential” would be seriously impaired if she was pregnant surely?

I’m also not sure why we had the political rundown on the parole board, unless that ties in with either a previous or future story involving those characters, my other question re his Parole was how was Alan supposed to report to his parole officer if it was Asuka and she had disappeared? Surely he’d have been pulled straight back to jail?

All in all, I liked reading the story, there weren’t a serious of spelling errors to trip over and I don’t worry about or notice grammar issues as easily as some, it ran along well, although the plot issues left me wondering in parts. 4⭐️ for the reasons above, many thanks for writing and posting, Cheers, Ppfzz.

stewartbstewartb9 months ago

From all beginnings to all endings things will be as they should be ... it may take a length of time ... but it is fate.

AN2532AN25329 months ago

First time reader. Different type from others that I have read and very entertaining. Could have had more instruction in training which was non existent. Should have more of an interaction like the Karate Kid or The Destroyer. A little light with ending about Joe Earl Jones. Plot was very good and introspective with minimal sex. I read these stories for entertainment not sexual content and appreciate the mix shown. Intend to follow further submissions and read previous ones. Thank you for this submission.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Love the female version of Hammer. There’s a couple unanswered plot gaps, but great story overall. 4.7*

oldmanbill69oldmanbill699 months ago

Totally enjoyed it and others alike!

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

I found all of the characters to be substandard in quality. Gray was so tight and single minded that I couldn't relate to him at all. Mary Jane was a lightweight by whatever scale you measure her and her awful experiences were partially self induced. Wilson was a Will-O-The-Wisp who was impossible to relate to. A 3* performance at best.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum9 months ago

Wonderful story!!! At beginning I could not figure out where you were headed with Alan. When Ms Wilson entered story, I assume she would be training him to be avenger. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

well plotted story line.

Crusader235Crusader2359 months ago

Great story, thank you for it. If only we had real Fixers to fix our crooked FBI, Justice Dept, and highest levels of government. Semper Fi

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Kudoes. An innovative and honorable addition to Hammerdom.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I gave you 5* before I read the comments. When. I read the comments

The one I agreed with is Crusader235.

RandyPandaRandyPanda9 months ago

The video game character seemed a little out of place but was still a good read 👍

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

4, due to the first part during the parole hearing. It was confusing enough to have to read twice. Also 4 because the sex night doesn't make this a romance.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

5 stars, thank you for excellent work, looking forward to more!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdmallord@dmallord
I followed the 'orphan to soldier' path that many others have. Found myself embroiled in the Vietnam mess - on the wrong side of the POW trauma. I lost some fingers and damaged a hand over there. Coming home to an unwelcoming nation, I stayed low and out of sight - still avoid...