A Perfect Landing

Story Info
An instructor and a student pilot find romance together.
4k words
4.55
7.5k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

((This is a VERY OLD story that I wrote 21 years ago. I decided to dig it up from alt.sex.stories.moderated. It's a bit too vanilla - I wouldn't write it like this now. But it's still a nice little story I think.))

With the engine on low power, it was suddenly quiet in the plane's cockpit. Sarah was aware of the faint rush of wind over the wings and canopy as she lightly held the Katana's stick, letting the little aircraft gently descend towards the ever-larger runway threshold. How slowly she seemed to be moving! It felt as if there was all the time in the world to glide these last few hundred feet.

Sarah read off her final checks aloud. "Carb heat - off; runway - clear; approach - satisfactory." She shot an inquiring glance to the plane's right-hand seat where Rick smiled and nodded in response. She felt a familiar shiver go down her spine. He was so cute when he smiled. She would do anything for that smile.

So it was time to land. This time, she was determined that it would be perfect. There would be no bounce because she landed too fast; there would be no drop because she flared too high. This time, she would make Rick proud of her. She had flown a perfect pattern, and made a perfect approach, and now she was determined to land with the softness of a sigh.

Sarah took a deep breath as the threshold filled her view, forcing herself to relax. Not time to pull back yet. Wait.. wait.. now gently rounding out, flying along only a few feet above the runway. Cut the power. Fly level, keep flying level. "Don't be in a hurry to get the wheels down" Rick always said, "The plane will land itself eventually." Pull the nose back, further, and further.. feel the mainwheels touch the ground - keep the nose back. Keep the plane straight as it loses speed and the nosewheel slowly descends. She had landed! And it felt like a good one! Set flaps for takeoff, select full power, ready to go again...

"Sarah, abort your takeoff and come off at bravo. Park up and shut down. We need to talk about that landing."

Sarah's heart sank. She nodded and carefully complied, trying not to show that she was fighting tears of frustration and hurt. What had she missed this time? What could she have done wrong? There was always something. Somehow she never seemed to be able to get it just right. Maybe flying, and all her dreams, just wasn't for her.

Rick waited for her to complete the shutdown, and then they were silent, alone in the cramped cockpit.

"So, do you know what I'm going to say?" Rick asked, his face neutral.

Sarah shook her head, not trusting herself to speak. Rick looked into her eyes for a moment, and his expression softened.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just frustrated. How many landings have I done now? fifty? a hundred? And I still can't seem to get them right. And OK, normally I know what I did wrong. But this time, I really thought I had it right. I fucking thought I'd done it right."

She tailed off as she realised Rick had broken into a smile.

"You know what? You did do it right."

"I.."

"You did it pretty much perfectly. I would say that was a commercial-standard landing. And for a new pilot with what, uh, twenty hours of flying? I think that's a pretty amazing achievement."

Sarah found herself blushing. She wiped away the tear that had been forming at the corner of her eye.

"Furthermore, I'd say every landing you did today and last time have been of an adequate standard. You know, for training new pilots, we say any landing you can walk away from is a good one. Any landing you can use the plane again after is a great landing! So all yours have been great, right?"

Sarah nodded and gave a half-hearted giggle. She had heard that corny old line from Rick before. But still, she was pleased. He thought she was doing OK. She wondered if he knew how much she longed for his approval.

"And the reason I asked you to stop and park up here is because I want to get out."

* * * * *

Rick Allan loved his job. For as long as he could remember, he'd wanted to fly. As a youngster he'd spent his summers with his face pressed up against the airport fence, watching the aircraft come and go. Then later, doing odd jobs for the airport manager, cleaning, mowing grass, anything in return for a few bucks and, eventually, occasionally, wonderfully, a short flight in a Cessna or Piper. He'd worked at the same airport to pay his way through flight school, fueling up business jets in midwinter blizzards, until eventually emerging as a newly qualified commercial pilot.

Eventually, of course, he wanted to fly for an airline. But the airlines wanted experienced pilots. So Rick spent the last of his savings on obtaining an instructors rating, and now found himself, aged twenty-five, teaching basic flying skills to brand-new pilots. In a year or two he'd have enough hours logged to be taken seriously by an airline recruiter. For now he was content to be living simply, flying whenever the weather would allow, and meeting new people.

All kinds of people want to learn to fly; teenagers still in high school with rich parents; would-be career pilots much like himself a few years ago; middle-aged women with the kids gone wanting to expand their horizons; newly retired folks enjoying their leisure time. Some were difficult to get on with; most were pleasant and keen.

And then there was Sarah.

He watched as she sped the Katana up the runway and executed a near-perfect takeoff. She was certainly talented, there was no doubt about that. She would be an excellent pilot.

When Sarah had first walked into the flight school, Rick was captivated. She was a friendly and enthusiastic twenty-two year old with flowing brown hair, soft brown eyes, a pretty face and a fit body. Rick's life, filled with work and study, had left him with only limited experience of the opposite sex, but he was immediately attracted to her, and was secretly pleased when she was scheduled to fly with him.

Rick's eyes followed the Katana as it tracked round the pattern. Her turns were well judged and accurate. He smiled as he thought of how excited she would be when she landed.

Rick remembered how her beauty had touched him when they walked to the plane for her first ever flying lesson. She had been a little shy and apprehensive, but had smiled bravely as he showed her how to climb into the aircraft. His fingers had trembled a little and his voice was unsteady as he leant over to fasten her four-point harness, pulling the straps tight over her apple-sized breasts. He felt the warm hardness of her midriff through her clothing as he fastened the clip over her stomach. There had been complete trust in her eyes.

Sarah was on her final approach to land now. She had good speed and was correctly lined up. He wondered if he would risk hugging her when she landed.

They had talked, on that first lesson, as much about themselves as about flying. Yes, she wanted to have a career in flying - she'd inherited enough money to pay for her lessons. She'd never had a lesson before. Her father had been a military pilot, but he was dead many years before. Later, he found out, no, she didn't have a boyfriend.

Rick didn't know entirely what you were supposed to do, as a flying instructor, when you fell in love with a student. Was it ethical to date them? They didn't cover that in his instructor's ground school. They were both adults, so he supposed it would be OK... but that was just fantasy. He knew he would never ask her out. What if she rejected him? But still, every time their hands met on the throttle, a thrill of electricity went through him, and he wanted to prolong the moment. And she was in his dreams.

The little Katana floated along the runway in the last stage of landing.

* * * * *

Adrenaline coursed through Sarah's veins as she completed her landing and taxied in to park the aircraft. She had taken off and landed - on her own! She had been pilot in command. The late-afternoon sun was shining, the flowers were in bloom and the world was a beautiful place. Rick was waiting for her sporting a grin that nearly matched her own, and she had flown solo!

Sarah shut down the plane and hopped out as Rick walked towards her. To her surprise, he stretched out his arms and wrapped them round her, pulling him tight against her. She squealed with delight and returned the hug, feeling his taut body briefly pressed against her.

"Congratulations! That was a perfect flight! How do you feel?"

"Just... amazing! I can't believe I did that!"

"You were more than ready for it. OK, ready for your official solo photograph?"

Sarah posed against the plane, her face flushed both with the excitement of the flight and the unexpected intimacy with Rick. She had realised she was falling in love with Rick from their first lesson together. He had been so strong, and handsome, and so competent. He seemed genuinely interested in her. Since then she had tried to please him in her flying as much as possible.

"Now there's one more ritual you have to go through. Let's go inside."

The flight school was dark and deserted; there were no other students to fly that day, and the other staff had gone home. Rick opened the blinds and sunlight streamed in over the desk and chairs around the coffee machine.

Rick rummaged in a drawer and pulled out a pair of oversized scissors.

"I hope you aren't too fond of that tee-shirt. Tradition demands that I cut some off the back and put it in the hall of fame."

Sarah smiled. She knew this was coming - it was a common tradition at flight schools throughout the country.

"Go for it. I'm all yours."

Sarah sat down on a chair, facing backwards. Rick pulled out the few inches of tee-shirt tucked into her jeans, trying not to let his hands linger too obviously on her smooth, warm body as he did so. Her jeans were loose, and with the tee-shirt gone, Rick had a clear view of her panties and the crack of her bottom. He felt a stirring in his own underwear and blushed - it wouldn't do for her to see him with an erection. Rick sighed and brought the scissors up to the tee-shirt

Sarah's body tingled as she felt Rick's touch on her hips and waist. The room was warm and silent. She could feel the sunlight on her back, and the cool air on her body as the tee-shirt was lifted. As she sensed Rick's hesitation, she realised he might be able to see her panties. He was looking, she was sure he was! The thought thrilled her. In her excited and emotional state, she quickly grew wet. She heard Rick's sigh and felt him attack the tee-shirt.

"It's not working. These scissors are too blunt, or your tee-shirt is too tough, I don't know which. But it's not cutting."

"Let me see?" Sarah twisted her arms behind her, grabbing the scissors. She tried to engage scissors with fabric herself, but the angle was hopeless. "Damn it this is no good. Wait a second." Sarah knew what she wanted to do.

With an adrenaline-fuelled surge of confidence, Sarah began to pull her tee-shirt off from behind.

"Wait, I'll..." Rick protested

"No. It's OK"

Sarah pulled her tee-shirt up, past her bra strap, over her head, then off entirely. Her heart was pounding. How could she be doing this? She blushed furiously then made a determined show of attempting to cut the tee-shirt.

Rick was stunned. From his vantage point above and behind her, he could see the curve of her lithe, lightly tanned shoulders. He could see her smooth, toned waist. He could see the white strap of her bra behind her, and the enclosed mounds of her breasts in front of her, pert and compact beneath the plain fabric. He could see the distinct nubs of her nipples through the cloth. Rick knew he shouldn't look - but if she didn't want him to see, why would she take her tee-shirt off in front of him? Could it really be that she wanted him to see her body? Rick felt his manhood stiffen further in his pants. He desired her completely.

"So, uhm.. I was wondering..." he began.

Sarah paused in her still futile attempt to cut her tee-shirt.

"With today being your first solo flight and all... would you, maybe, like to have a celebratory dinner... with me?"

Slowly, deliberately, Sarah turned in her seat to face Rick. She seemed more beautiful than ever to him now. Her smile was full, her eyes were sparkling pools. Her breasts rose and fell inside her bra as she breathed, nipples standing out prominently. Her hard, flat stomach and delicate navel awoke something primal in Rick - every part of her was beauty fulfilled for him, and he wanted to possess her wholly.

"Yes." She said quietly. "I think I'd like that."

Smiling, Sarah pulled on her still-whole tee-shirt.

* * * * *

"...so the controller says, 'Anahuac, Texas? Is that intentional or will you be declaring an emergency?'" Rick finished, with a smile.

The two of them laughed together. Rick had long ago exhausted his repertoire of appropriate conversation for a first date and moved on to flying jokes. That was just fine with Sarah - she didn't want anything other than the real Rick Allan.

Sarah was happy. Her entire world consisted of this little table, with the last of their desserts and a bottle of wine, and the man on the other side of it. He was funny. He was honest. She had longed for him for several weeks, and now, she was with him; not in a plane but on a date. Sarah sighed with happiness. She had no idea what had overtaken her back at the flying school and caused her to act so boldly, but she was glad it had happened. It had felt good, and right to show herself to him a little. She had been left buzzed, and horny, a feeling intensified by the unmistakable bulge in his pants she had noticed as he had nervously gazed at her. Sarah shook her head, amazed with herself; she was just not the kind of girl to do something like that. She was also not the kind of girl to have sex on a first date; but now she felt she would fuck him right here on this restaurant table if he suggested it.

Rick had been in a state of shock and sexual excitement since their afternoon encounter. After weeks of secret longing for her, Sarah had suddenly upped the ante on him, and everything seemed to be happening at once. It was wonderful simply to be here with her; but the mere fact of her physical closeness seemed to be causing a reaction in him. He burned with desire for her and longed to explore and possess her body, to please her and to be pleased by her. He had hidden an erection beneath the table for most of the meal. But Rick didn't want to scare her off by looking for sex too quickly; he had been watching her breasts and imagining her naked in the close quarters of the cockpit for the last weeks, sometimes having to hide his erection beneath charts and checklists. He could wait a while longer. He poured them each another glass of wine, and grasped her hand across the table.

"Uhm.. this is hard to talk about... but.."

"Then have some more wine first then try!" Sarah giggled.

"Yeah. I think I will!"

"I know it's going to my head already. My cheeks feel very hot. Are they red?"

"Maybe a little. Anyway, this is hard to say, but, I want you to know..."

"Yeah?" Sarah prompted.

"It's just that, I think you're pretty amazing, and I really like you, and... I'm really glad you agreed to come out with me and all."

"I'm glad you asked me. You want to know a secret?"

Rick nodded. Sarah blushed and fortified herself with another sip of wine.

"I've been kind of hoping you'd ask me."

"Really?"

"For a while now. About since I met you in fact."

"Oh wow. That's amazing"

"You're the amazing one. I think you are the sweetest guy I've ever met."

"What can I say to that?"

Sarah raised her finger. "Don't say anything. You're a great guy. I love flying with you and I love being with you. And I don't want this meal to end because then we have to go home."

"We don't have to go straight home... we could go for a drive, or maybe a walk somewhere?"

"Yeah! Howabout we go for a walk over at the beach?"

"Let's do that."

* * * * *

They walked hand in hand along the sandy expanse. It was a clear, warm moonlit night, and the swell of the ocean roared nearby.

"It seems so different from down here compared to from up there," Sarah remarked, as they stopped at a promontory with a view along the beach.

"Yeah" Rick agreed. He wasn't looking at their surroundings, but at Sarah. She was so beautiful, so completely desirable. And there seemed to be such a perfect connection between them. He gently placed his arm around her shoulder. Sarah looked up at him with a smile, and rested her head against his neck, one breast gently pressing against his body. Her dress clung and emphasized her figure.

"Sarah, I love you" he whispered to her.

"And I love you too" she quietly responded, nodding shyly.

Emboldened, Rick turned and encircled her waist with his free arm. Suddenly they were in a tight embrace. They pulled tightly against each other, feeling their bodies meet.

Sarah felt her breasts push against Rick's chest. Her nipples were sensitive and erect, and it was so good to feel them pressed against his body. She could feel the solid pressure of his erect penis pushing onto her stomach. Rick's hand slid down her back and slowly onto her bottom, squeezing her and pushing her yet tighter against his manhood. At his touch Sarah felt herself losing control, and she kissed him, purposeful but yielding, on the lips. She found herself feeling his ass with both hands, kneading and pulling on it. It felt good, so god damned good. Sarah slipped a hand inside his pants and underwear, feeling the hardness and warmth of his bare ass. She felt Rick's body spasm at her touch. This was it. This was the time.

Rick was driven by desire and love. This would be no one night stand. This was someone special. He knew then that his love for Sarah was real, and would last. She was perfection for him. Right now he needed her, both emotionally and physically. Oh yes, he needed her physically. It was time for that.

Rick pulled up Sarah's dress enough that he could reach inside it. Looking into her eyes, he began to rub her back with one hand, while the other went lower, pressing the firm mounds of her bottom through her panties, exploring the valley in between.

Sarah brought her hands round to Rick's front, and pulled open his shirt at the bottom. She ran her hands over his lightly haired chest and strong, muscular midriff. She found his nipples and rubbed them, teased them. She breathed in sharply as Rick brought his own hands round to her breasts and began to massage them, teasing her erect nipples, feeling the intimate glory of her breasts. She undid the remainder of his shirt buttons, while Rick lifted her dress above her head.

Rick was in awe of Sarah's breasts. In the moonlight the two perfect orbs cast a shadow down her body. She had perfect brown nipples, with no areola, which were hard and pert. He brought his mouth to one nipple, licking it, sucking it while his hand possessed her other breast. He let his free hand roam back to her bottom where he slid it down inside her panties again, stroking and kneading her.

Sarah's lust burned wild within her. She pulled her panties down at the sides then kicked them off her long, lithe legs. Standing naked in front of Rick she felt wild and free. She gently moved his mouth from her breast, and pulled him into an intimate embrace, with her breasts pushed hard against his chest, and the exciting feel of his dark denim pants against her crotch and clitoris. She began, gently and deliberately, to undo his belt and insert her hand behind it.

Rick moved his hand to Sarah's crotch, covering her labia and clitoris with his palm and outstretched fingers. She moaned at his touch and kissed him deeply. She pressed her tongue against his. He moved his hand gently against her warm wetness, feeling her breathing shallow and her hips begin to shudder.

12