All Comments on 'A Perfect Match'

by CaffeineFetish

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

Rodolphe has done a good job of getting any bugs out of CaffeineFetish's writing. Earlier works by CF were entertaining, but a bit frenzied and contained errors that could be attributed to too much of his namesake's drug of choice. The pacing is still crisp, but there is more polish there now as well.

Looking forward to more from this world and I hope I can keep all the subplots straight in my head as things progress.

PostScriptorPostScriptorabout 4 years ago
A great read!

Well done. I really enjoyed it and it was worth the length. I think that you caught a lot of both the upside and the downsides of being in law enforcement.

Clever, well thought out and very satisfying.

Best,

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 4 years ago

Thoroughly enjoy your writing.

This story was another great read

Thank you

FljimFljimabout 4 years ago
Episodes

I've enjoyed them all. Thank you for the continuing gift.

Kosova_guyKosova_guyabout 4 years ago

So damn good. Thank you for sharing this. I will put it this way, this is so damn good it is 3:30 in the morning because I had to stay up and finish this. I will blame my crankiness later today on you and the captivating way you tell a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nobody better

Riveting, as always

lastman416lastman416about 4 years ago
Excellent

Fantastic! The characterization is great as always.

I liked the discussion about innocent suspects executing their right to have a lawyer present. Very relevant. As many times as it came up, I was half expecting it to become a plot point. Like Kaiser has the realization that one of his suspects shouldn’t have said something that a lawyer would have stopped, so he lets it slide.

Anyway, great read, and I look forward to future installments.

isrhavokisrhavokabout 4 years ago
Chase

As always, fantastic. This has to be amongst the best series on this site, if not THE best. But then again, I can't help but feel like my boy Chase is slowly starting to become a recurring character, as if at some point in the next chapters of this saga he will just become someone that the new main characters (probably Midge, Lauren and Kaiser?) sometimes talk about, or maybe visit him when they need some assistance. Of course, all of this is probably just meaningless 'cause I don't know where you plan to take the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
YES!

I I am excited and I hope to hear something will happen to Marlene!

Kind of sad they broke up but it was like you wrote they did have an expiry date. Curious what other things will bloom and new characters we shall meet.

Stolen Initials

charlie48charlie48about 4 years ago
In trouble

Your writing is excellent and difficult to second guess. When I see a new story in the series it has to be finished today, to the detriment of any thing else.

Thanks again, now when is the next episode being released???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Looking forward to the next one

I’m really enjoying your detective stories and look forward to more about Marlene.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow!

Great read as always...

Looking forward to more.

Can't wait to c Marlene behind bars though...

Keep them coming...

...Godian...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great series

Not sure how I stumbled upon your work, but I glad I did. As a life long reader, and occasionally reviewer, of crime fiction, I have to say that you really do your homework in terms of research. It helps elevate these stories beyond the vast majority of the material found here.

P

MbC56MbC56over 3 years ago

Just found you and did a binge read, WONDERFUL!!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

I'm continuing my binge reading, or at least my version of binge, because my wife keeps interrupting me cheering for HER Dodgers and giving me an unrequested verbal replay. Great story, loving the characters. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love it

I too stumbled on your stories, Since then, I’ve been reading straight through .

Christmas shopping can wait. Very good writing. Look forward to more

immagetitimmagetitabout 3 years ago
Appreciation

Thank you for writing. I truly appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Talking to the police just cos you have a lawyer present is a really bad idea. The correct legal advice is to exercise your 5th amendment rights & never talk to the police about anything, under any circumstances, ever. The only legal way they can force you to talk is to first give you immunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

Other than that, great story.

CaffeineFetishCaffeineFetishover 2 years agoAuthor

If you read Professor Duane’s book “You have the right to remain innocent”, he does not recommend you plead the 5th. He recommends you plead the 6th. Short read, very insightful. I’m well appraised of this man, which is largely the basis for Midge’s speech to Kaiser about exercising rights. 9 times out of 10, if you say “Officer, I am perfectly willing to discuss this matter with you, but not without my attorney present,” the cops will likely never talk to you again because the lawyer will tell you not to talk. Kim already talked and accidentally incriminated herself, so it was just damage control, but her lawyer tried his damndest to keep her away from them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Soooo good! How come you're not writing episodes for CSI or NCIS, or any of those award-winning crime dramas on television? You should.

5+++++stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for another wonderful story. I am rereading this series and am grateful that you have taken the time and commitment to write.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Great story, so very many positives about it, a few more typos than your previous works but tbh I’m moaning about one cloud in an otherwise blue sky, great job to both yourself CaffeineFetish and your Editor Rodolphe, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You deserve credit for the research/knowledge that is displayed about police work during the telling of these tales. I've never been in law enforcement, but am a military veteran, so I appreciate the positive view of veterans you like to give us...so far I have hit 5 stars on the stories in this series. Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great. Complex, convincing and measured, awesome really. Matt

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Was my first story by this author. Great mystery/detective story. And it has length, more a "book" than a "chapter". Gave me a satisfying reading experience where the story arch comes to a close (though universe hopefully continues with another "book"). Amazing writing and suspense did draw me to read it completely. Never felt boring.

One minor issue was that once or twice I got a bit lost with the changing POV (who is now speaking, what did he/she do before?). But this is most likely less of an issue for readers that had read previous "books" in this universe, being more familiar with this kind of narrative style and -my guess- most of the cast.

Thanks and all the best

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave it a five for the story content and entertainment value, but you really need to get a better editor. Grammar problems, missing or misspelled words, wrong words, tense changes, problems knowing when to use "I" vs "me"- just to mention a few things. The story line carries the reader through these rough spots, but they still detract from our reading pleasure.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Only problem with these stories is that once I start reading one I just need to keep reading to the finish. Another five stars even if I'm some what dubious about some of the fire investigation parts of the story. That said, I'm just going to enjoy the story for the fiction it is and still give it five stars.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

I'm not a critic and I got lousy grades in English class and I'm 80 years old and I have enjoyed reading this series of stories quite a bit and have no complaints or suggestions. Turns I had read at least one of them before and it was still good. Keep up the great work. So far almost everything I read on LIT beats the hell out of 90 percent of the movies available for streaming. Good job by you and your editor and beta readers. 5 stars of course.

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzabout 1 year ago

Excellent story and series. Oh, an excellent writing! Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Please keep writing! Panther fan.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another great story. The writing isn’t as tight as the previous two. But once again, excellent character development. So I guess there are some additional characters to play with.

Thanks for being so entertaining.

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr10 months ago

Weakest one so far. Teased with the marlene stuff early but nothing really on it until the end. The whole arson case was boring and I don't like Shane just kept wanting to get back to the main cast.

nighthawk22204nighthawk222045 months ago

I have read at least four of the previous stories in this series and enjoyed each of them, but though this one in particular was the best story which CF has created. I don't think of these as simply relating a story which the writer knows about second hand, but acknowledge that CF has created this entire tale, created each character, created each situation, and created all the interrelationships and confusing complexities to make it extremely interesting. Thank you for that. The story adds interest by introducing an autistic child as a character with a different personality; a grandmother with whom we can sympathize only second hand because she is never included in her own conversation; and a Police Chief whom we first met as a detective four stories ago. I love the relationship of Lauren Hill who looks forward to her own career potential and weighs that against her personal relationship to make a decision as to whether she can figure out a way to possibly retain the best of both worlds. I'll bet that in another 2 or 3 or 4 more stories, we see Lauren returning in another complexity. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCaffeineFetish@CaffeineFetish
ANNOUNCEMENT: I've just published the first book of the Chase Kramner series on Amazon Kindle. The Sorority is available under the title "The Last Snowman" under the author Joshua Wise. Get yourself a digital copy and leave an honest review. The Last Snowman https://a.co/d/3...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories