A Player's Romance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I took my last mouthful of my drink before standing to get the next round, noticing that Trish still had a full drink on the table from Phil's round.

As I stepped away from the bar with the three drinks, I saw that Trish and the guy were no longer on the dance floor but were standing where they were earlier, chatting once again.

As I got back to the table, Phil asked if I could mind their drinks while he took Sasha out for a dance. So, I moved across to Phil's side of the table as they made their way out.

From here I could watch Trish still chatting to this guy, and again his hand was on her arm as they spoke. I was annoyed that it was Trish that demanded that if we were to be together that we be exclusive, yet just one week later she is allowing this guy to chat her up, to touch her, to dance with him. Where is our agreement now? I could feel my blood beginning to boil, I was not used to being in this position at all.

I took another mouthful of my bourbon, looking over to Phil and Sasha dancing to take my mind off my growing anger with Trish and this random guy. When I looked back to Trish, they were in an embrace, arms around each other.

That was it, I lost my patience. I quickly walked over to them and grabbed this guy's arm from around Trish. He looked up at me with a surprised look as I planted a right hook flush on his nose.

He dropped to the ground as Trish grabbed a hold of me to stop my follow up punches.

"What the fuck are you doing Mike?"

"Fuck you Trish! What the fuck are you doing?"

She could undoubtedly see the fury in my eyes as I stared down at the guy, like a predator wanting to finish the kill.

"You fucking idiot Mike, this is my cousin John. He just separated from his wife and I was trying to make him feel better. You thought I was going to cheat on you?"

I looked up from John to look into Trish's eyes, trying to take in what she had just said to me. I could feel a wave of both relief and embarrassment wash over me as I realized what I had just done.

"Ah fuck! I'm sorry dude. John is it?" As I reached my arm out to him, which he accepted to allow me to help him up off the floor.

"God you can be such a macho jack-ass Mike." Trish was stating the obvious, shaking her head at me before stepping forward and giving me a hug.

"Why didn't you say who he was before? Why go off and spend half the night with him and not tell me?"

"I'm sorry, it didn't cross my mind that you'd get jealous. I was just thinking about what John was going through. At least I know now that you're the jealous type, huh?"

"First time, yet another thing I'm learning about with you. Why didn't you invite him back to our table?"

"He's here with two friends of his."

I looked over Trish's shoulder to see a couple talking with Mike to see if he was alright. I then apologized again and went and bought them a round of drinks while Trish also apologized on my behalf.

When we arrived back at Trish's apartment, I sheepishly asked if I could come in.

"Of course you can. I'm still a little angry with you though."

When we went inside, I offered to make Trish a drink while she got changed. Then I sat on the couch thinking about what a fuck up tonight was.

Trish came back out wearing a sexy negligee, maybe I might still get lucky tonight. She joined me on the couch picking up her glass while looking at me with a look of disappointed on her face.

"I'm still annoyed with you Mike. I can't believe you just walked up and knocked down my cousin like that."

"In my defence, I didn't know he was your cousin, you could have told me. All I saw was some random guy chatting you up and touching you. And you allowed him, then went and danced with him while ignoring me."

"Alright, yes I should have mentioned John after I spoke with him the first time. But really, you had to come over and flatten him for hugging me?"

"Yep, and I would again. Not your cousin of course, but any other guy trying to pick you up."

With that admission Trish looked into my eyes, holding her gaze for a few seconds before leaning in and kissing me passionately.

"Did that turn you on? Me coming to your rescue my little princess. Admit it, you loved that I did it."

"If it wasn't one of my cousin's that I grew up with, then yes. I loved that you came over to claim me."

"I knew it. Just don't make me do it again, alright?"

"I promise, although I do have a lot of cousins." Trish stated with a sexy giggle as we again kissed.

I stood and took her by the hand, leading her to the bedroom. This caveman was about to get his prize.

It was terrific but also daunting to be truly in love with someone for the first time in my life. All the enjoyment, but also the fears that goes with that. It did make me look back at my attitudes and actions over the last ten years of my life, and I felt a great deal of regret, even shame for how I had behaved sometimes.

All I could do now though was to enjoy being with Trish and give my everything to our relationship. For once, I was thinking about someone else ahead of myself, learning to trust in them, exposing myself to being hurt.

It was worth the risk though, and then some.

The End.