All Comments on 'A Privileged Stumbling Into Love'

by Mainefiddleheads

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is just really, really good.

NorthernCardinalNorthernCardinalover 2 years ago

Wow.

So different to your usual writing style!

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

I let you know already but don't you ever sell yourself short again. Your story was fantastic!

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Good to have you back, Mr Fiddleheads. Still waiting patiently for Merrimans, Ch. 2.

Kind regards from the Mid-Coast.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"push me back onto her quilted boudoir." - A boudoir is a room, not a piece of furniture.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent Story! Thank you for sharing it with us.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

MFH, riding again. Great story, and you are certainly holding your own with this one. Thanks for writing. Randi.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

This was an enjoyable romance, well written and a pleasure to read. Thanks for the hard work for us readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Felt a bit condensed but still great to read. Looking forward to more from you.

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

5* again. I really enjoy reading your work. You give me a glimpse into I lifestyle that is completely foreign to me, and I love that.

I think it’s so funny that Literotica automatically ended the page to leave just your signature on the last page.

As always, thank you for writing, and thank you so much for sharing your work.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 2 years agoAuthor

sbrooks, you are using the term in a much too narrow perspective. In a small loft apartment, a boudoir is often just the bed itself and perhaps a side table. Boudoir portraits are often upon the bed. I think I exercised a reasonable literary license in that scene. Otherwise, thanks for the input.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

Fiddle, you knew I was going to give you high marks for this one. Of course it was going to be August; she was the only character you had deliciously fucked in detail. That Aston Street loft... perfect. 5 *

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Felt it should have been Marilyn, minus the old man. Lost my interest after Marilyn announced her long standing date.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 2 years ago

This is one of my new favorites. What a great story!

clearcreekclearcreekover 2 years ago

thanks for the ride

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

A good story well told in locales that I have a soft spot for. 5*

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

Methinks Not

This one just doesn't have the emotion I like. Nice enough, but a miss.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Great story! I hope to see more in the coming year.

5

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Quite enjoyable and humorously told. I liked the ending and wholeheartedly agree with the outcome. Thanks for writing, sharing, and participating in Randi’s event.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 2 years ago

Great story, loved it. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well done. Despite all the galactic fucking it was kind of placid, almost staid. I hope that was your goal, or that you don't mind that was my perception. His parents were rather despicable, once you take a few minutes to consider. Mutual contempt and disrespect don't balance a relationship, and your portrayal of his parents as being in some sort of adulterous harmony was disappointing and hollow. In fact the more I think about it the only characters you created who had any character were a few volunteers and an eccentric philanthropist. I guess you can't be rich and successful and still possess virtue? I suspect you know more about the history and the geography of Asheville than the people. Almost no one who lives there spends any time at the GPI, unless they're employees. It used to be a good place to work, and a fun place to take friends on an informal tour, pre Omni. There was a time when if they weren't busy they would actually take you up in the stone column elevator and show you Scott's room.

But how did you write a story about Asheville and leave out Biltmore? Maybe the way you wrote a story about love and romance, that had no true Love or Romance, except for some insinuation of such at the end. It was a fitting ending for two people who really didn't fit with anyone any better, so why not? A consolation prize is still some consolation. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was inspirational: If women are called pussies, what are men called? Pissies?

Anyway, you can write, should that be a plural 'you'? I smell English Lit here.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 2 years agoAuthor

Anon, having lived in and around Asheville I'm well acquainted with the people as well as the Biltmore. I don't like the Biltmore at all and have no use for it in my stories. If there is any place in the region that epitomizes the shallowness of the well to do, it is that pretentious pile of stones. That said, I'm more fond of the GPI than you it seems. I've enjoyed the place many times although I played it up a bit for the setting.

As for finding that true love, I think I hit it just right for the protagonist. I have found that true compatible love is not buttons and bows but a comfort between two people instead. As the saying goes, love grows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have written this story with authority.

Until writing that previous sentence, I never even had the slightest notion regarding the origin of the word author!!!

I have frequently found myself in a position of wanting to explain and/or defend myself using the phrase: "been there, done that." Oddly enough, I was born on the wrong side of the railroad tracks, envious of those who could never begin to comprehend the fear of homelessness, or wondering about the possibility of an upcoming meal.

When I was eleven, I embarked upon a lifetime of self-employment, tarnished by a few months of collecting pay checks every now and then. At fifteen, I Incorporated my business, and obtained a business license. At seventeen, I purchased a house that had been converted into an office. At nineteen I purchased my first, brand new sports car, paying cash (in truth, writing a check.)

For the first time, I set aside my feelings of inferiority, knowing that my annual income was a two to seven times multiple of those Professors who signed off on my Bachelor's degree.

When, much earlier in this missive, I commented upon your authority, I failed to mention that it appears to come from multiple perspectives.

If what I am describing seems accurate, I would like to get to know you via written correspondence. Hence. My email: glennordell@yahoo.com

Aloha from Kealakekua on the Big Island of Hawaii,

Glenn Ordell

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Loved it and it struck a cord with me at the end. I’m always wary of those who say love at first sight then 2 months later they are married. My take is that if you can fall so quickly in love then what’s stopping you from falling just as quickly out of love/lust and into it with another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have so much talent.

I've nearly every story here and I'm sad that I'll I've soon reached end.

Thus only one of your story struck me wrong but, given the rest, who cares!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very interesting…and just different from the usual stories here. Strong writing and an interesting…if not totally likable…MC. More please?

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

A good, if rambling story. It seems to need another page or two to actually wrap it up though.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

That was a story arc. Well done.

BTW I thought it should end beautifully at the bottom of p.3. I opened up p.4. It had! (Except for initials!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A story of a rich manwhore. Romancw, not!!

More like utter barbage

skruff101skruff10110 months ago

Seriously doubt the author knows the meaning of the word ‘romance’, and perhaps a more accurate subtitle would have been ‘chronicles of the rich and useless’.

Really? Almost three pages of fuckfest and a couple of paragraphs to detail his ‘true love’ and it’s in the romance category? Go figure.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just too cumbersome to read any further. I skimmed like crazy on pages two and three, before just bailing on the story. Even in complete, I have to give it two stars, which means Dislike.

JPB

deependerdeependerabout 1 month ago

Wonderfully well written. A well presented balance to the thousands of stories predicated upon the "thunderbolt" and/or romantic love and all of those that use marriage as a container for unbridled lust. There are a fair number of stories that pursue a path to a later-in-life return to the one that was passed over. This story accomplishes that as well. Thank you for this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous