A Promise Kept Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you guys Green Berets," asked one of the men, "Or are you Army Rangers?"

"We're neither one," Danny disgustedly spat, "I'll have you know that we're Navy SEALs, the world's finest."

"Yeah," I laughed, "You don't know us, you didn't see us, and this shit never happened..."

"I don't care," the guys smiled, "I'm going to thank you anyway."

"You're welcome," Danny grinned, as he winked at me...

~~~~~~

The operation was a success, nobody was hurt, and no one had been wounded. Of course the press had a field day when one of the P.O.W.'s went public with what happened. The Vietnamese government lodged a formal complaint against the United States during a NATO summit in Geneva that year. However, because the United States had plausible deniability in this case, the complaint was turned away by the Secretary General.

~~~~~~

The moment we touched down back aboard the Nimitz, I made my way to the hangar bay where I knew Jill would be doing her job. After all, she was an aviation machinist's mate, and from what her superiors said about her, she was damn good at what she did. Make no mistake, everyone knew, by this time, about our relationship, and because we played by the rules, as in no public displays of affection aboard ship; nobody really cared.

"Hey, you," I ginned, walking up behind her, surprising her while she was hard at work, "You look like you've been slacking a bit, Petty Officer."

The moment she turned around, her eyes filled with happy tears; and restraining ourselves, she looked at me and sniffled, then grinned and said, "When was the last time you worked on a F-Fourteen, Chief?"

"Never," I teased, "I was just making sure that you were doing your job, that's all."

"I think I left something in the ward room," Lt. Jim Donner, the F-14's pilot knowingly grinned, looking at his watch, "I'll be back in, oh, thirty minutes. Will that be enough time, Chief?"

"Thank you, sir," I winked, "I'll make sure that she gets her job done correctly."

"Welcome back, Chief," he knowingly smiled, patting me on the shoulder, "You guys be careful and don't let the X.O. catch you guys doing what I know you're going to do the minute my back is turned."

~~~~~~

"God, I missed you, Mike," Jill breathed, hugging me the moment Lt. Donner was gone, "Are you alright?"

"I'm just fine, baby," I softly replied, holding her tightly and taking the time to really kiss her, "Everyone came home safe this time."

"This time," she fearfully asked, "What about next time?"

"Wait a minute," I told her, "You promised me that you wouldn't give me any grief, remember?"

"Of course I remember and I'm sorry," she began to sniffle, "But I didn't promise you that I wouldn't worry, Michael."

"Okay baby," I gently replied, holding her closely, "I understand, my love."

"I love you, Michael," she softly told me, holding me tightly, "I'll always love you."

"I love you, too," I said, "It's just so difficult while we're aboard ship to not walk up to you and just kiss you on the spot you know."

"I know, baby," she gently smiled, "But we'll be home in two weeks and then you can come to my house and we can do all the things that we did ashore in Greece."

"You have your own place?" I asked smiling, "Wow."

"Yes, I have my own place," she knowingly grinned, "And because I just happen to live on Coronado Island, I think that you should consider moving in with me. What do you think, baby?"

"As in live together?" I asked, as she excitedly nodded her head, "Make no mistake, Jill. I love you with all my heart, but I've never lived with anyone before so; this is going to be a big step for me, and it's going to take me a little time to adjust to it, okay?"

"So, is that a yes?" she grinned, "You take all the time that you need, because I promise you that you have nothing to be afraid of, Michael, I'll be very good to you, baby. Just you wait and see."

"Of course it's a Yes," I happily replied, "I only said that it was going to be a big step for me, not that I was afraid, silly girl."

"God, I love you," she softly but happily wept, tightening her arm around my neck, "I love you so much, Michael..."

~~~~~~

ONE MONTH LATER SATURDAY MORNING 9:30 AM

"Good morning, lover," Jill smiled, as she handed me a cup of coffee in bed, "How did you sleep on your first night here?"

"Mmm," I grinned, stretching, then sitting up in bed, taking the cup of coffee that Jill offered me, "I slept like a dead man."

"Good," she purred climbing into bed beside me, "I'm so glad that you're here with me, Michael. I've was so lonely until I met you."

"Are you kidding me?" I softly asked, "God, Jill; you're so beautiful and can have any guy that you want."

"That's just it, my love; I don't want just any guy," she cooed, "I want you."

"You've got me, my love," I told her, softly kissing her lips, "That'll never change, I promise."

"Oh, is that right?" she teased, "Well, just don't go making promises that you can't keep."

"Gimme a break," I grinned, snaking my hand under her night shirt to caress her bare breast, when the door bell rang.

"Shit," I snorted, withdrawing my hand, "I wonder who the hell that is?"

~~~~~~

"Get your ass up," Danny and Brad grinned, when I opened the front door and found them standing there with stupid grins plastered across their faces, "We're going diving today, and you're coming with us, L.B."

"Is that right?" I grinned, "Can Jill come with us?"

"She'd better," Brad laughed, "Or you'll be the only one there without a beautiful woman on your arm. C'mon, L.B.; get your ass dressed. We'll wait for you as long as Jill will let us have some of the coffee that I smell coming out of the kitchen."

"Tell those two hooligans to come in here and sit down," Jill giggled from the kitchen, "I'll make them some coffee while you're getting dressed, baby."

"I believe you heard what the lady said," I grinned, opening the front door wider, "Get your asses in here."

"Did you hear that, Danny?" Brad chuckled, as they came in and took a seat in the den, "She called us hooligans."

"What I should've said was Hoodlums," Jill laughed, coming into the den with two cups of coffee, one for each of them, "That would've been a little bit more accurate, don't you think?"

"I think Mike has brain washed you into thinking we're bad guys," Danny teased, "We're not really that bad ya know."

"Oh, I know exactly what kind of guys you are," she seriously replied, sitting down on the couch next to me, "You guys are all very brave men, and I have the deepest respect for each and every one of you. It's just that I happened to fall in love with this one," and then she sweetly giggled and kissed my lips.

"Well, alright then," Dave laughed, "Finally, a good looking woman that doesn't think we're all a bunch of womanizers."

"I didn't say that," she teased, "I know that you're a bunch of pussy hounds; you just happen to be very good at what you do, that's all..."

~~~~~~

We managed to secure a small motorized diving barge from the Navy Divers, several of which were very good friends of ours, and took it out until we were three miles west of Coronado Island in about ninety feet of water. The barge was more than large enough for Danny, Dave and me, as well as my beautful Jill, Dave's wife, Stephanie, and Danny's girl friend, Lori. I might also add that there was even room for a portable charcoal grill, a cooler full of soft drinks, and wine coolers for the ladies; plus the four coolers of beer that Danny insisted we bring along, even though each cooler carried two cases of beer. Hell, I didn't really drink so; it wouldn't take much to get me totally sloshed. But it was going to be a day out with my brothers and sisters, as far as I was concerned, and I very well knew that we all looked out for each other, making me not worry about drinking too much.

We made two dives that day, one that morning, and then another one that afternoon after we'd eaten lunch. To say that the pacific water was cold would be an understatement, hence the reason that the neoprene in our wetsuits was three eight's of an inch think. While our movement might've been slightly inhibited, it was damn well worth it once we were at depth.

Still though, SCUBA diving had always been, and still is to this day, a very relaxing form of therapy for me. I feel like I'm safe from everything when I'm underwater, kind of like nothing can get me, if you know what I mean. However, I never, in a million years, realized what I'd be dealing with mentally, as well as emotionally, once I was out of the service; but then again, I was smart enough, and should've known better before hand. But because the Navy made it look so prestigious, I did it anyway, not even considering the potentially dangerous consequences that were a result of my actions.

However, even though I did what I did for the Navy, God still saw fit to bless me with Jill. She epitomized the word "beautiful" in every way imaginable. Granted, she wasn't the first girl I was ever with, but she made it a point to show me what it was to truly make love to someone. And this particular day she was looking especially beautiful in her dark blue bikini.

Hell, Danny even commented on it, saying, "Shit, dude, you'd never know she was built like that from looking at her in her uniform. Way to go, L.B., she's beautiful, and I'm very happy for you. Hang on to her with both hands, man."

"Thanks, bro," I grinned, "And you can bet your ass that I'm going to hang on to her as if my life depended on it."

I had to say though, Dave's wife, Stephanie, and Danny's girlfriend, Lori, were very beautiful themselves. They were both blondes, and I have to say that they, too, were built extremely nice as well, not to mention they were both very sweet girls who I came to love like sisters.

And when I told Dave and Danny this, Dave just laughed and said, "It's one of the benefits of being in "The Teams", L.B. All of the hot women want to be with a Frog, it's always been that way. Don't ask me why, because I don't know."

"That's easy, baby," Stephanie teased him, gently rubbing the palm of her hand across his stomach and chest, "It's because you guys have such hot bodies, David, honey."

That was one of only a small handful of times that I saw Dave's face turned the crimson color it did, and his wife was responsible for every single occurrence. However, this was the first time I'd ever witnessed it, and to say that I howled laughing would the understatement of the century. I didn't just laugh; I thought that for a moment I was going to fall off of the dive barge itself.

"Shut up, Mike," Dave grinned, "It's not that damn funny."

"Yes it is," Danny and I simultaneously laughed, as Dave simply smiled and shot his middle finger at us, which only elicited that much more laughter.

~~~~~~

After the sun went down, we built a fire on the beach and snuggled with our girls. Jill and I had gone back to the house, which wasn't that far for us, and changed clothes. And because he's left it at our house for safe keeping while we ere all diving, I brought back not only Danny's guitar, but my own as well.

"Wow, Mike," Stephanie smiled, "I never knew that you played guitar, too."

"You ought to hear him, Steph," Jill proudly said, "Michael plays and sings so beautifully. He plays for me all the time at home."

"Well then," Dave announced, stoking the fire, "Let's hear it, boys!"

Danny and I were able to jam together while we were aboard Nimitz, and so; knowing that he knew the song, I looked him and said, "Let's play that song by: Louisiana's Leroux; New Orleans Lady, okay?"

"Okay, L.B.," he grinned, "We'll start it off together; ready? One, Two Three, Four," and I began the intro, playing rhythm, while Danny played lead.

When the time came, I opened my mouth, and began to sing the verses. This was the first time I'd really opened up and sang in front of Danny. Jill hadn't even heard me sing like this before so; needless to say, every eye stayed glued to me until I sang the very last word, and when we were done; Danny, as well as Jill, Dave and Stephanie all began to whistle and clap their hands.

"Holy shit, Mike," Dave said, "I never knew you had a voice like that, dude. Damn man, you could get one hell of a record deal with a voice like that."

"He won't tell you this, but I will," Jill knowingly smiled at me, "He made the All-State Choir in Texas, all four years of high school."

"Damn, L.B." Danny grinned, patting me on the shoulder, "Why didn't you ever tell any of us?"

"I don't know," I said, shrugging my shoulders, "I didn't think it was that important."

"Bullshit," Danny grinned, "I get out of the Navy a month before you do; and as soon as you're out, I'm taking you to L.A. to get a good friend of mine to listen to you. He's a big wig at Atlantic Records, Mike...I'm serious."

"I know who he's talking about, Mike," Dave told me, "The guy's name is Ahmet Ertegun, and he's not just a big wig at Atlantic; he's the president of the record label."

"Cool," I grinned, looking at Danny, "How did you meet him?"

"That was easy," he told me, "He saw me playing with a friend of mine at "The Mint" in L.A.; and after the gig was over, he gave me his card and told me to call him, because he wanted me to do some session work for him."

"Aw man," I excitedly grinned, "I know that had to have been cool. Have you played with anyone we would know?"

"Tell him, Danny," Dave knowingly chuckled, "He'll shit a brick."

"Well, let's see," Danny grinned, "I've played with Clapton, Robert Plant, and was invited to play with Little Feat, to name a few."

"Holy shit," I excitedly grinned, "You got to play with Little Feat? Damn man, I never knew so; why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because," he arrogantly replied, "You were just a Wog when I first met you, and you've only recently become a member of the Team. So, you figure it out."

"I understand," I chuckled, "But I'm not a Wog anymore, dammit."

"I don't know about that yet," Danny teased, "What do you think, Dave?"

"He'll do for now, I guess," Dave laughed, "At least until he gets promoted again."

"Oh, yeah, that reminds me," Danny said, suddenly looking into his guitar case, "I was told to give this to you, L.B."

"Give me what," I cautiously asked, "What is it?"

"Here," Danny grinned, tossing me a small, Navy blue box, "You've been promoted to Senior Chief, because you saved General what's his name's life."

"His name was..."

"Easy, Mike," Dave gently warned, "Security, remember?"

"Sorry about that, skipper," I respectfully replied, "Thanks for the promotion, and I'm sorry about slipping."

"Don't sweat it, bro," Dave reassured me, "I didn't hear a thing. What about you, Danny?"

"Don't get me in the middle of it," Danny laughed, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"See there, Mike" Dave grinned, "No harm, no foul. Now, you two pick up those guitars and play us some more music, okay?"

~~~~~~

"I had a lot of fun with you and your friends today, Michael," Jill smiled, lovingly throwing her arms around my neck, "I can tell that Dave and Danny really care a lot about you, especially Danny. You guys are very closes, huh?"

"Yeah, we are," I replied, smiling at the thought of my friend, "We're swim buddies."

"Hey, I know what that is," she grinned, "It's kinda like cops and their partners, isn't it?"

"Sort of," I told her, "Only the kind of work that we do is slightly more intense than police work."

"Intense my ass," she quietly said, "Don't you mean dangerous?"

"I can't help that," I said, raising my voice slightly, "I thought that we talked about this, and that you understood?"

"I understand completely," she said, rears beginning to fill he eyes, "But I don't have to like it, now do I?"

"No, my love," I sighed, pulling her into my arms, "You're right, baby, you don't have to like it...Believe it or not, I understand..."

~~~~~~

Chapter Ten

I'd been on more than a few operations with the teams by this time, and was considered to be a seasoned Frog, earning the respect of not only my peers, but also the Officers that I answered to. They all thought very highly of me, and I was more than happy to know that all of my friends, bar none, absolutely adored Jill, and she officially became a member of the SEAL wives and significant other's club.

Granted, the girlfriends always remained almost as faithfully as the wives. However, some wives simply could not handle the rigors of being married to a SEAL, and unfortunately divorced their spouses.

Because their spouses were all friends of mine, and the policy amongst the active team members was, if a Frog got divorced, I made it a point to be a friend to him, especially when he was put on "stand down" for at least ninety days, or however long it took him to get his head back together.

Personally I thought it was a good policy, because in case we get called on to do our job, every member of the team needs to be focused and not distracted, otherwise people die. However, the main reason that I made sure that I was always there for my friends in their time of need, was because if the shoe was on the other foot, I knew that they would be there for me in mine.

~~~~~~

The beautiful relationship I had with Jill had just passed its fifth month, and before we knew it, the time had come for Jill to be at the end of her active service enlistment. At first Jill thought that she was going to make a career out the Navy. That was until she met me, or so she said. I knew that I would not stand in the way of anything she wanted to do, because I loved her that much. I can't say that I wasn't unhappy when she made the choice not to re-enlist. Hell, I made enough money to take care of both of us, with neither of us wanting for anything.

However, Jill expressed to me the desire to use her G.I. Bill to go to college, which, I had no problem with. The only obstacle we saw was that fact that she was going to have to wait until the upcoming spring semester. But it was already November and the Thanksgiving holidays were upon us.

Dave and Stephanie told Jill and I, as well as Lori and Danny,, that we were coming to their house for Thanksgiving Dinner, and that she refused to take "No" for an answer. Hell, Jill and I both loved Steph like she was a sister anyway, and for her and Dave to have invited us into their home made us feel very happy and honored to be there.

~~~~~~

THANKSGIVING DAY NOVEMBER 1978 12:00 NOON

"We thank thee, Oh Lord for all of the blessings you've bestowed upon us this year," Dave quietly prayed, as everyone joined hands and bowed our heads, "We also give you thanks for keeping us safe thus far, and we pray that you watch over each and every one of us, to your will. In thy name we pray, Amen!"

Then he raised his head, and with a stupid grin, he laughed and said, "God might have given me the opportunity to have paid for all this food, but if you think I'm gonna hand feed you, then you're all nuts...dig in, everybody."

"Thank you for inviting us, Stephanie," I told her, gently taking her hand and kissing it, "Jill and I are very much honored to be here."

"Hey, L.B.," Dave said, grinning from ear-to-ear, "The invitation came from your Commanding Officer, boy."

"With all due respect...Bullshit, sir," I heartily laughed, "We all know who really runs the show around here, and she's a hell of a lot prettier than you, too, Commander, sir," which of course caused everyone in the house, Dave included, to laugh as heartily as I did."

"He's good at his job, Dave," Danny teased, gently slapping me on the back, "But he's still a smart ass, huh?"

"Yes he is," Dave laughed, "I guess that's never gonna change, is it, Seniorchief Walker?"

"Oh, hell no," I laughed, "I figure why mess up a good thing, right?"