A Promise Made, A Vow Broken - Traci's Story

Story Info
Hooked1957 classic but from Traci's side.
10.7k words
4.25
56.6k
91
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Promise Made, A Vow Broken -- Traci's Story

Hooked1957 wrote a story called "A promise made, a vow broken". It is a great story. It is written from the perspective of the husband. I recommend anyone who has not read it to go and read it now.

My story uses the same story ark and timeline, only I have written it from the wife's perspective. Hooked1957 has given me permission to publish this story and use the dialogue between husband and wife at key parts of the story. Please read the original story first if you have not done so already..

I also need to thank my editor, Kinjisato. Without their patience and skill these stories would not work.

_______________________

Today is my sixty-seventh birthday. I retired from my job yesterday. I should be out having a party with my children and the love of my life, Bobby, but, instead, I sit here alone in my apartment wondering if anyone will even call. I know it is all my fault because having it all was not enough, and I screwed it up, royally. I am Traci Sprague. Well that is the name I use, as it is the name of my first husband and I just refuse to give it up. I wish I had been more careful with him when the ball was in my court to make the important choice.

I met Bobby Sprague in my last year of college. He was quiet, unassuming and had absolutely zero idea why women fell at his feet. I was out with the girls for drinks, when he and his buddies walked into the bar.

One of the girls said, "Would you look at him, god, I wouldn't kick him out of bed."

As I looked over, I had a shiver up my spine, he was going to be mine. To be honest, he never had a chance, that night I bumped into him at the bar, and said, "Well, if you are going to knock me over, you might as well take me on the dance floor." I never let him out of my sight that night, much to my friends' annoyance. That was our first 'date'. Our second date was for a meal, two days later. I was always very careful about going to bed with dates; I had only had three partners before, and they took months to get me to bed-- I was no slut. I dragged Bobby to bed on our second date, and made sure everyone knew we were exclusive from that minute on. A year later, we were engaged, and a year after that, we were married. I threw away my birth control pills a month before our wedding, and our first child, a girl we named Mellissa, was born thirteen months after we were married, and our son, Terry, two years after our daughter.

Bobby was a computer programmer, and he started to work in a government agency immediately after he graduated. It was a nine-to-five job; the pay was good. I did not have to work, the house was big enough for us, the kids wanted for nothing, we had good cars that were paid for, and anything I wanted for the house I got. But, I always felt he could do better, and that we could go to Maui on vacation (which was my dream), especially if he opened his own business. Bobby refused, saying we had a good lifestyle; he always was home for dinner and had weekends for the kids' activities. This was the hook that I left open which led to my own destruction.

When our youngest was eleven and could look after himself, I decided I wanted to go back to work. I needed something to do, and the extra money would enable us to go on those Maui vacations. I was an art major, and I had been doing some valuation and evaluation work as a favour for a high-end art gallery in town. I asked Lou, the owner, if he knew of any jobs and he offered me a position at thirty hours a week. The basic salary was good, but I was offered a one-percent bonus on anything I sold. I loved the work, and the hours meant I was always home when the children got off the school bus.

One of my favourite parts of the job was the open viewings. One night a quarter, we opened the gallery to regular customers so they could socialise and browse. The smell of power in the room was intoxicating, and I often achieved a sale on the night by brushing the right ego. After those nights, I always felt a tingle of excitement hearing about someone's new house, and when I came home to ours, I fell flat, thinking Bobby had the means to give us that lifestyle, but chose not to. The funk would only last a day or two, and usually went away when I looked at Bobby and realised how good a husband and father he was.

`

The root of my problem started in early November, when Lou brought a new client into my office. His name was Jackson Aloysius Fairchild. He was a twenty-eight-year-old property developer, who had made a killing selling a family farm, which had just been rezoned for housing a few years back. He had moved to our town to open a development company, and was looking to spend a very large sum on art for his new apartment and lake house. Jackson (or Jay to his friends) gave me a look that sent a shiver down my spine. It was a friendly look, but it said 'I want to eat you' and I could smell power. Lou wanted me to work exclusively with him.

After the first meeting, Lou called me into his office. He said, "Traci, I need you to work closely with Jay, he is looking to spend between four and five million dollars, and if we play it right, he will spend it all here. I will guarantee you your one-percent commission."

I was ecstatic. Even on the low end of expectations, I would earn enough to remodel the kitchen, and I could save the rest to take Bobby for a trip to Maui on his forty-fifth birthday in six years, when the kids would have left for college.

As I left Lou's office, my co-worker Steff Taylor looked at me and said, "Did you see that guy. God, he looked great, but be careful. My friend Kim knows him, and he has a thing for married women. Likes to humiliate the husband, and he leaves carnage in his wake. Please be careful, I saw the look on his face when he first saw you, and I got the feeling you might be next on his list. I know he specifically asked Lou to assign only you to his account. Don't let him seduce you, and don't let him talk you into thinking Bobby will accept a hall pass."

I brushed off her comments and threw myself into the assignment. We started off with a tour of the apartment and then the lake house, so I could get a feel for the locations. Jay also took me for lunch, so I could learn about him. This was critical information when advising someone on the art they might like. Lou was there all the time, and Jay was the perfect gentleman.

Our first encounter was at the Christmas Gala evening. Bobby and I were talking, when Jay came over. I introduced him to Bobby, but I could feel a little tension in Bobby. He took an instant dislike to Jay, and Jay clearly didn't think much of Bobby. I quickly sent Bobby to get a drink and I circulated. It wasn't long until I was in conversation with Jay and two others, about a new piece that had arrived that morning. I felt Jay's hand lightly around my waist, but I was hoping to sell this piece to him, so I left it there as I tried to get two powerful and rich men to haggle over the sculpture. Just then, I felt Jay's hand move from my waist and I saw Bobby standing beside me, moving the hand. I was annoyed, I had the sale in the bag and Bobby broke the moment. I hid my anger, but escaped Bobby's presence as quickly as I could.

I circulated once again, and Jay quickly came up to me when out of Bobby's sight.

Jay said, "He's got quite the inferiority complex, hasn't he?"

I didn't respond to Jay's statement, but just stood and looked at him.

Then he said, "Come out to see my new Jag, it's got a killer sound system and we can negotiate a price on that statue. I think it would look fantastic in the lake house. Would you put it between the office and kitchen doors, or on the wall between the two large windows overlooking the lake?"

My mind wandered back to the lake house, and how it's silence and beauty had captivated me. It was a place to make sweet love and the sculpture was perfect to sit between the two windows. As my mind wandered, I found myself in the parking lot and Jay was directing me into the back seat of a car, which was obviously stylish and expensive.

We sat in the car for about twenty minutes. We agreed on a price for the sculpture. I pitched it high and he accepted without negotiating, so we settled in, to listen to the stereo and I found myself snuggling into Jay.

He then asked a strange question. "Does your husband always feel threatened by an alpha?"

By this time, I was mellow. The big bonus and the smell of leather in a new car, had made me happy, and I replied, "No, he is happy with his job. I think he just lacks ambition and sometimes he feels a little insecure."

We sat quietly for a further ten minutes. The stereo was playing the 1812 Overture and it was washing over me like a relaxing bath.

Jay said, "We better get back, or your husband will get angry. I don't want any trouble with him."

Just then, the car door flew open and Bobby said, "Time to go dear, NOW."

I quickly stammered something about the stereo being great, but he frog marched me to his truck. I started to protest, that I couldn't leave before it was over, but Bobby just said Lou could call him if he had a problem.

I said, "We were really listening to his car's sound system. It's amazing." But the non-committal grunt, told me I was on sticky ground, and I needed to go with my husband.

Lou was ecstatic with the sale, and never mentioned me leaving the gala early the next day. Life at home was not so pleasant, and I had to work hard over Christmas to get Bobby to even utter more than one syllable to me at a time. Even Mellissa noticed the problem on Christmas Day, and my mum, Judy, asked if everything was okay.

Things slowly thawed around the house. I raped Bobby on New Year's Eve because he had shown no interest in me since the gala. I made sure not to mention Jay by name in the house. Most importantly, I asked Jay not to attend the March Gala, saying I would give him a private showing before the event.

During January and February, I was at his apartment a lot. He purchased four new pieces for the apartment, and when I went to help install them, he flirted remorselessly with me. At first, I brushed it off, but soon I was enjoying it. He commented on my legs, hips, bust, and even suggested that he would like a naked picture of me for his private study. When he took his camara out and said, "Do you want to try out some of the poses now?" I got wet, but brushed it off and left the apartment as quickly as possible.

A few weeks later, we were in the lake house. Jay had built a plinth for the sculpture and I went up to place it, and ensure it was secure. After we had finished, Jay had prepared lunch. It was a warm April day and we sat outside. As we ate, the only sound was the water lapping against the beach. P

Jay looked at me with those hungry eyes, and said, "Do you think your husband is submissive?" P

It was a left-field statement, and I said, "What does that mean?"

After taking some more food and a long drink of wine, Jay went on, "A lot of men are what is called 'betas'. It's not insulting, it's just that they let their wives drive their relationship. They don't have a lot of ambition and they always want their wives to be happy. A remarkable number actually enjoy being slightly humiliated. Ever since the way Bobby acted at the Christmas Gala, I thought he was getting a kick out of it. I bet the sex has been amazing once he got over it?"

I had to admit it had; since I virtually raped him on New Year's Eve, we had been like newlyweds.

"You do realise that you could take it up a level and really power your relationship forward."

This was a strange conversation, so we sat quietly as we finished our food, and Jay made coffee. We sat looking at the sculpture, and another painting I had brought for his consideration, when I asked, "How could we step it up a level?"

Jay didn't take his eyes off the painting and said, "You could cuckold him. What price did you say that picture was?"

I replied by saying, "Two-hundred-thousand dollars." But my mind was a blur. What did he mean, 'cuckold' him? I had never heard that term.

Jay stood up and said, "I will pay one-hundred-eighty-thousand dollars for it. Deal?"

I stood and shook his hand. He had his phone out of his pocket, and was calling Lou to say he was buying the painting.

I said, "I need to leave to be home in time for dinner."

He just waved at me and mouthed, "See you next week."

I drove home with my mind all over the place. Jay had now spent nearly two-point-five-million dollars on art from the gallery, and I had opened a separate account for the commission. I called it 'Maui Special' and by the end of next month, it would have twenty-five-thousand dollars in it. But what else was he offering me? I stopped for gas on the way home, and Googled the word 'cuckold'. I was shocked when it said that it was when a man allowed his wife to have sex with other men. Did Jay want to have sex with me? I felt a strange flutter. I was forty, he was twenty-eight; why would he want me when he could have anyone his own age?

It was the following Friday when Jay sent me a message, asking if I wanted to go to lunch that day. I was beginning to get worried about where this was going with him, but I also knew he was getting ready to put art in his new offices, and I was hoping to double my 'Maui Special'. I agreed to meet, and he came to the office to collect me.

As I was leaving, Steff grabbed me and said, "You and him are getting way too close. I hope he isn't laying some BS on you, about Bobby accepting a fling with him?" She looked deep into my eyes, and went, "Oh shit, he is, and you are buying it. I'm telling you, girl, Bobby will not accept it. Are you willing to lose everything for a meaningless fuck?"

I was so mad at Steff. She didn't know Bobby, and how much he loved me. Was she just jealous that Kenny didn't love her as deeply.

Over lunch, Jay showed me pictures of the office and its views. It was in a high-rise, with views over the river and out to the city and hills. The place was a blank canvas, and I couldn't wait to get started on providing the artwork. Jay suggested we go to the office after lunch, to get a feel for the location. As we came in, Jay took his jacket off, then came to me. He took me in his arms and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips. Before I had recovered, he took my hand and started walking me around the office. It was like a blur, what happened, when and how. I just couldn't think about anything other than the kiss. Eventually, we arrived in his office, where there was a couch. I sat, and he went to get a coffee. That gave me time to compose myself, but I was still on edge when he returned.

He handed me the coffee and said, "I want this place to reflect a certain sensual quality, something that you and I have between us."

I was totally caught off guard and this just had me in a spin. He then changed tack and said, "Have you thought about Bobby being a beta?"

Again, the confusion rolled over me even further, as Jay put an arm around me, but didn't pull me in close. Then, he leaned over and kissed me lightly behind the ear and said, "Has your sex life slowed down since he caught us at the Christmas Gala?"

The truth was, it hadn't. We had been great in the bedroom, and I said, "Uh-uh," not trusting myself with words.

He then said, "Like most married men, he gets off on the humiliation of his wife with a stronger man. It drives him to reclaim you after what has been done. I want to take it to the next step, I want to take you to bed and give him the ultimate satisfaction of cuckolding him."

I jumped up from the seat, and said, "I don't know if I could cheat on him and I really think he would divorce me if I did."

Jay sat back and said, "If you told him what was happening, it wouldn't be cheating on him. We could go up to the lake house and you could tell him you are spending the night with me. Then the next day, you go home and he will be able to reclaim you the next night."

I was in shock.

But, Jay continued, "Most men see it as proving to their wife and lover, that they are a real man. Bobby showed at Christmas how being a cuckold will appeal to him"

I just looked at Jay and said, "I have to go." With that, I turned to the door and walked out. My mind was all over the place, as I drove back to the gallery.

I sat at my desk. Steff looked at me, and said, "Don't fall for the bullshit."

I said, "What bullshit? He's given me a new commission, and I am trying to visualise the scene; look, here are the pictures."

Steff came over and looked, then said, "Yeah, you are staring past those pictures. Something has happened and you are crossing a line you will regret." She then turned to leave the office, saying, "Bobby is no wimp, and if you treat him like one, you will lose him forever."

The next two weeks were a blur. I was in and out of Jay's office with different ideas, and he eventually settled on four pieces worth over one-point-five-million dollars. That was a further fifteen-thousand dollars for the account, and I was on cloud nine. He invited me to the apartment for lunch around the middle of June. He wanted me there when he paid for the office artwork, and he wanted a final piece for the apartment. It was a full floor-to-ceiling piece, and we had to measure it to fit. If he purchased it, I would have earned over fifty-thousand dollars in commission, and I would have achieved my ambition for the special account.

As we sat at lunch, Jay said, "I am holding a Fourth of July party at the lake house. Lou, his wife, and a couple of my friends are coming, would you and Bobby like to come?"

The air was pregnant with anticipation, but I couldn't play around. He wasn't asking me to a party; he was asking me to go to his bed.

I took the bull by the horns and said, "What will I do if Bobby threatens to divorce me?"

His reply was straight to the point. "I am asking you because I want to take you to bed, but you don't have to make up your mind, until you are there. Lou and my friends will keep Bobby from causing trouble. If he threatens to divorce you, remember we live in a no-fault state. If he divorces you, he will have to give you the house while paying for it, he will have to pay child support and spousal support, and you can tell the kids he caused the divorce, turning them against him. It's a slam dunk from there. He loves his kids, he won't let that happen. Tell him what is going to happen, give him no choice, and by the time you get him in bed the next night, he will have moved on to the next phase of his life."

I just said, "Let me think about it."

Jay turned to the wall and said, "Do you think that painting will go there?"

Just like that, the conversation had moved on, and I was metaphorically running to catch up with Jay.

A week later, he messaged me saying, "I think I will take that picture"

I texted, "Great, I will tell Lou to call you to arrange logistics of delivery"

I was ecstatic. That night was the Summer Gala. Once again, Jay didn't go and Bobby and I had a great night. Just before it ended, I felt my phone vibrate.

It was a message from Jay, asking, "Anything planned for 4th July?"

I was so excited, I replied, "Yes, see you at the lake house" The message was away before I had even thought about it, or its implications.

Jay replied with a dancing emoji.

I was now committed to going, but I sent back, "No decisions on other!"

The following Saturday, I told Bobby we were going to Jay's lake house for a Fourth of July party. He was not happy about it, but I gave him no choice. That afternoon, I went out and bought a new bikini, which really did things for my body, and some sexy underwear.

On the drive up to the lake house, I was on edge, and so was Bobby. He didn't say much and I was happy with that. My mind was in turmoil. I really wanted this, but I was afraid. I supposed if Bobby was determined to stop it, he would not have let me go, but he had. Did that make him a beta?