A Quiet Lady's Place 03: Clancy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

An exceptionally tall good looking black bartender came over, "Those guys at the drunken table over there asked that I mix two drinks for you. Oops, I apologize for my bad manners, I'm Jer, and I work here two nights a week earning extra money for school. I am on a half GU football scholarship and work here to help my mom pay the extra costs."

Clancy and Raleigh both tried speaking in unison. Clancy said, "You first, Raleigh, since I know you are excited."

"I love football and played pick-up all the time with my four older brothers. We still play when all five of us are home together. Clancy and I will definitely come to some games this year and cheer for you guys," Raleigh giggled excitedly.

Jer looked at Clancy, saying, "Next."

"I am Clancy Marie Trusset and have never heard the name Jer before."

Jer laughed, saying, "Okay, you got me there, Clancy! My name is Jeremy Samuel Williams, but most people here just say Jer."

"Well, I like Jeremy, which is a beautiful sounding name. Please use Jeremy when talking with me," Clancy sternly said with a smile.

"Okay, Mom!" Jeremy laughingly said, adding, "Seriously, Clancy, you sound just like my mom."

They continued chatting about football and other stuff whenever Jeremy came over to check on them. The Jazz was delightful, and Clancy would definitely return again on future Wednesday nights.

She and Raleigh sipped PepsiMax listening attentively to the soulful jazz music. Jeremy always came over to chat with them when the bar slowed. Soul Jazz was mixed in with Blues, and Clancy immediately fell in love with it, definitely replacing Dixieland as her favorite.

Clancy called out, "Jeremy, we will not stay much longer, this being a school night. What other nights do you bartend?"

"I normally bartend on Wednesday and Friday nights. That's when the tips are excellent. Fridays are usually very busy, so it would be hard to talk with you both," answered Jeremy.

"Wait a minute, I have an idea," Jeremy said excitedly.

He quickly ran off and returned with a middle-aged man, saying, "This is Thomas Manning, the Jazz Club owner."

Jeremy continued, "This is Clancy Marie Trusset and Raleigh Kay Jameson. They have kept me company most of the night. They will leave in a few minutes, so I would like to invite them to sit at my guest table for the next Sunday's Jazz Hour. I know that I am working, but it is a more relaxed time, so I could occasionally stop by saying hello to them."

"Excellent," said Thomas, the owner. "You never use your employee privileges, so Clancy and Raleigh will be the club's special guests."

The owner Thomas continued, "The Sunday Jazz Hour is a very special monthly event, so please don a nice cocktail dress outfit."

The girls jumped up, thanking Thomas so much for his generosity, and said they would dress to do the Jazz Club proud. They both turned to Jeremy with teary eyes. Clancy said, "You are the most gracious person we have met at GU. I will definitely tell Mom-Williams about her wonderful son Jeremy when I meet her sometime in the future."

"Can we please have the check, and would you call an Uber?" asked Clancy.

"We cannot charge our special guests, can we, Jeremy?" grinned Thomas. "We will see you again in ten days at the Sunday Jazz Hour. Please stay sitting here with Jeremy, and I will return for you when the Uber arrives".

As Thomas left the bar, two AKA girls casually strolled over, asking Clancy to stay and talk for a while since they would like her to consider pledging with their society.

Clancy thanked them for the AKA invitation. She politely declined, saying, "Raleigh and I are planning to compete on the GU Track Team, so we will not have sufficient time for sorority life. We are on full Academic Scholarships and must maintain an excellent GPA!"

The girls arrived back at Clancy's apartment, immediately pouring a glass of wine, so they could relax while discussing tonight's unexpected happenings. They reminisced over their surprisingly fun evening at the Jazz Club, meeting Jeremy and Thomas. Also, Raleigh mentioned being concerned that Clancy had declined the AKA invitation because of her.

Clancy clarified to Raleigh that her rejecting the AKA was two-fold since she was not really a Sorority or Greek life person. Clancy placed a high value on friendship, and Raleigh was the first person at GU to reach out to her. She now considers Raleigh as her best friend, and real friends stick together.

Raleigh was nearly in tears, "You are such a wonderful person, Clancy, and I consider you as my best new friend."

Clancy quipped, "Girl, we must tart you up for the special Sunday Jazz Hour event, and I know just the place. It is a second-time-around shop whose proceeds help feed people in need. I have stopped in the shop on a few occasions, making a food donation. I met a volunteer named Bertha, who also does alterations on the side, so we can work with her"

Raleigh nervously asked, "How much will it cost? I am on a very tight budget."

"We should be able to do the dresses complete with Bertha's alterations for $40 to $50USD each. I have a few nice black clutches, which are a must for Sunday Jazz," Clancy replied. "Do you have any black low or medium heeled dress shoes and black thigh-high stockings?"

Raleigh looked sad, saying, "I do not have any nice dressy clothes. Maybe you should go without me."

"Absolutely Not!" snapped Clancy. She quickly apologized for raising her voice.

Clancy continued, "We will find one nice outfit for you, including shoes, stockings, and thong. You will use this outfit whenever nicely dressing up is required. Most stylish cocktail dresses have built-in bras. We will ask Bertha, the volunteer lady, to help us locate a nice medium-priced lingerie shop for thongs and stockings.

"Once your tarting-up ensemble is completed, the dressy clothes will always hang here in the guest bedroom closet. We may be out late for social events, possibly snatching a glass of wine undercover. It is safer and best for you to stay here on those nights."

SUNDAY JAZZ HOUR:

The two girls had an uneventful ten days at GU before it was time for the Sunday Jazz Hour at the club. They spent that time working out together. Clancy planned to run the 800m, and Raleigh wanted to join the 4 X 400m relay team. They ran together almost daily, getting in competition shape by improving their stamina. Clancy and Raleigh's classes were going well since both girls really excelled academically.

They visited the Second Time Around shop, finding nice basic outfits. Clancy's contact-Bertha took the girls into a dressing room, measuring them for alterations. Clancy explained their invite and plans for the Sunday Jazz Hour and why they wanted to look good. She had previously mentioned Raleigh's financial situation to Bertha, asking her to give them the best deal possible.

Bertha was so thrilled with Clancy's caring actions for Raleigh that she called in a few favors. She could totally outfit them for just the cost of their Second Time Around dresses. The Lingerie/Shoe Palace would provide matching clutches, shoes, thigh-high silk stockings, and thongs free of charge, but had one request. They wanted to take photos of Clancy and Raleigh at the Jazz Hour. Clancy and Raleigh were okay with pictures taken of them, so she phoned Jeremy, explaining their situation.

Jeremy returned her call, saying, "Thomas, the owner, was delighted with a brief photo session, especially if the lingerie shop publicized the Sunday Jazz Hour."

At 3:00 PM Sunday, Clancy and Raleigh were hotly dolled up as they strode elegantly into the Jazz Club. With all eyes glued to them, Clancy sought out Jeremy, giving him a hug and kiss on the cheek. Raleigh also greeted Jeremy with a kiss, rendering him speechless by the grace and style of his two friends. He was very proud, leading them to his specially reserved guest table.

Thomas came over to say hello, totally enthralled with their attire. He informed them that the Lingerie/Palace shop photographer was here to take pictures before the jazz group started. Thomas loved the thank-you kiss that Clancy and Raleigh gave Jeremy, asking them to re-enact it for a photo. The photographer finished her quick shoot, thanking Clancy and Raleigh. She told the girls that Bertha would contact them to view the pictures here at the Jazz Club early next week.

Everything settled down after the photo shoot, although Clancy and Raleigh received a few glares from the AKA table of twelve girls.

Jeremy was very attentive to the two girls, finally asking, "Can one of my teammates sit with you when he arrives? His name is Rory Nelson, and he loves Jazz. He is a fresher football player like me, hoping to make the varsity team this year."

Raleigh answered, "Definitely yes to a fellow footie!"

Clancy added, "Any friend of Jeremy's is welcome at our table!"

Jeremy thanked the girls for their kindness. "I will bring Rory over to your table when he arrives in about thirty minutes."

During a quiet moment, Thomas came over, querying Clancy, "I hear you are a wine connoisseur and would like your opinion on this bottle. I won a case from my local distributor on a football bet."

Clancy looked at the bottle and excitedly said, "Oh, my! This exquisite 2010 Liber Pater Graves costs approximately $40,000USD a case wholesale. This 750ml bottle would easily retail for $4,300USD if you could find it in the USA! How in the world did you win a case of this wine on a football bet?"

"Are you really serious, Clancy?" Thomas asked, roaring in laughter. "I must return the case to him, less one bottle! I know it is difficult enjoying the Jazz Hour without a glass of wine, so would you and Raleigh please enjoy this bottle on me one evening at home?"

"We cannot accept this gift, Thomas, for it is just too expensive at over $4,300USD retail. You are a wonderful person and have treated us regally, but this bottle really belongs to your distributor. I feel that you respect him quite dearly, being willing to part with this exquisite case of Bordeaux. You are an absolute gentleman, who Raleigh and I are so proud to feel a friendship with," offered a teary Clancy.

Raleigh joined in, "Thomas, we are definitely in the perfect Jazz Club, based on your kindness and honor. We cannot accept your offer, but would you please take a photo of Clancy and me accepting the bottle from Jeremy? I bet Clancy's Mom-Marie and Dad-Jon would just love to have this photo for their home when they retire."

Clancy added, "If your distributor offers us a nice bottle of his bestselling Bordeaux for your kindness, we would happily accept his generosity.

"The 2015 Liber Pater Graves wine retails for more than $35,000USD/750ml bottle or $420,000USD/case because of the limited production. Most wine experts consider this 2015 vintage as possibly the best wine currently available worldwide.

"Surely, this must have been a really unique situation with your friend because no distributor would normally inventory any Liber Pater Grave wines. The current retail price range of their wines is $54,000USD to $420,000USD/case of 12 X 750ml bottles!"

Meanwhile, there was a loud squeal, "There are my two beautiful models," as a decked-out Bertha strutted dramatically into the Jazz Club!

Clancy immediately introduced Bertha to Thomas and Jeremy as the designer of her and Raleigh's cocktail dress ensembles. She was also the lady that organized the mini-Photo-Shoot. Bertha gave both guys friendly, warm hugs as they reminisced over Bertha outfitting the girls for today.

Thomas turned to Bertha, "Please stay and join the girls relaxing with more Sunday Jazz while I fetch you a nice glass of wine."

Taking Clancy's hand, Thomas asked, "Please come with me and select a nice wine for Bertha."

Clancy queried Bertha, "Do you prefer a heartier, dryer, or lighter red wine?"

A flustered Bertha responded bashfully, "I have not experienced drinking much wine in the past, so I would like a glass of nice white wine."

"Done," answered Clancy.

Looking in Thomas's walk-in cooler, Clancy spied a 'Patrice Moreux' Pouilly-Fume Cuvee Prestige 'Les Benedictins' from a good year. "This bottle will be excellent for Bertha, which she will undoubtedly enjoy," she said.

Clancy continued, "Do you have a nice brand of non-alcoholic Red Wine since Bertha should not have to drink alone her first time here?"

Thomas answered quickly, "I have a case of non-alcoholic Red which the same distributor asked me to sample. We have many GU students as customers, mostly under 21 years old. Why not explore this wine now while the Jazz Club's wine connoisseur is on-site?"

"You are a sly devil, Thomas." Clancy joked.

Bertha really enjoyed her two glasses of Fume and was now definitely a convert to slightly flinty white wines. Clancy and Raleigh seemed pleased with their non-alcoholic Red, saying it was a tasty, full-bodied red for being non-alcoholic. Thomas was happy to cater to his guest table of three delightful ladies. Both Thomas and Jeremy seemed to indeed appreciate the ladies' presence as the Jazz Club's special guests, always stopping by to check on them.

A few minutes later, a knock-out handsome guy walked into the Jazz Club, seemingly searching for someone. Raleigh took a deep breath and walked over to him, asking, "Are you Rory?"

"Yes, I am Rory, so you must be Raleigh! I am just delighted meeting you after Jer... Jeremy has talked so much about you and Clancy."

Joining their table, Rory said, "You must be Clancy. Please forgive me for the slip-up. I know that you absolutely prefer Jeremy, or so I was told," Rory apologized.

"I am Clancy, Rory, and you are so engaging that I know we shall all be good friends. Please say hello to Bertha, who designed our gorgeous dresses for today's Jazz Hour and mini photo shoot."

A few minutes later, another person joined their table for a brief visit. He was Anthony, the Jazz Club's alcohol distributor. Somehow, he had taken a football game bet with Thomas for a case of French Boudreaux and lost. He thought the wine he'd bet Thomas with was nice, probably at $120USD/bottle. So Anthony was stunned to learn the case he paid Thomas with actually costs $4,300USD/bottle!

Anthony further explained, "My company had imported a 'Special Order' with our previous shipment of French Wines. I mistakenly took the customer's special order of Liber Pater Graves wine to pay my bet with Thomas."

Anthony was overjoyed at Thomas's honesty and saving his life on the huge mistake. As a graceful thank you, he brought a nice case of Bordeaux Red for his bet with Thomas, as well as a second case for Clancy and Raleigh to share at home.

Thomas, Jeremy, Raleigh, Bertha, and Clancy thanked him profusely, saying this is how real friends treat one another. Although Thomas and Anthony had a business relationship, anyone closely observing their interactions could easily see their refreshing friendship.

Clancy further commented, "I saw the dismay in Thomas's eyes upon his learning the true cost of the wine he won from you. There was never a thought in his mind of keeping or selling that wine. This inspiring moment today shows the unbreakable value of true friendship and respect."

Anthony departed, saying, "I am so overjoyed having met all of you today. Although Jeremy works here at the Jazz Club, he arrives later in the day, so we have never met before. Our company occasionally sponsors invitation-only wine tastings, but I cannot invite you since you are under age 21. So I will be certain to stealthily provide Thomas with one or two cases of the nicer wines."

As the Sunday evening Jazz Hour finished at 8:00 PM, Thomas asked everyone at the guest table to join him for a nice dinner next week. He would discuss the exact date and time with Jeremy, who would inform Clancy. Thomas can occasionally arrange to take a Saturday night off, and Jeremy does not work Saturdays. So Thomas proposed this coming Saturday for a nice dinner and maybe dancing later.

Nodding at Raleigh and Bertha, Clancy offered, "Saturday is great for us."

Raleigh asked, "Rory do you have any plans for Saturday night?"

He answered, "Not anything, so I am definitely good for a Saturday evening out with three stunning ladies."

Of course, Raleigh being Raleigh hit Rory back with, "Okay, cool your jets lover boy!" with everyone having a great laugh.

The ladies Ubered back to Clancy's after dropping Bertha off at her home, not far away. Clancy and Raleigh enjoyed a glass of wine while discussing the Sunday Jazz Hour.

Bertha had surprised them by dropping in but was warmly welcomed by Thomas, seemingly with a twinkle in his eye. Clancy admitted being intrigued by Jeremy, thinking she might date him if asked. Raleigh commented that she certainly got on well with Rory and eagerly anticipated a nice dinner on Saturday night.

The girls would need to visit Bertha on Tuesday or Wednesday since Raleigh had to update her wardrobe with one more cocktail dress ensemble. They had briefly discussed this with Bertha on the Uber drive home, with her having two other outfits in mind for Raleigh. She would then be able to mix-n-match, making a total of four nice combinations.

The week passed smoothly for Clancy and Raleigh doing quite a bit of studying and running several miles daily. Both girls were definitely working hard to prepare for the track team's upcoming tryouts. Clancy was firmly set on running the 800m, while Raleigh had a great chance of making the 4 X 400m relay team.

Raleigh had befriended a quiet, studious girl in her bio-physics class who opened up a little after their third class together. Her name was Jeanette Rae Meadows, a charming blonde from Montgomery, AL. Jeanette Rae was also a 4.0 GPA student on an academic scholarship. Raleigh learned that Jeanette Rae was fast and willing to try out for the 4 X 400m relay team with her. Jeanette was definitely committed if they both made the 4 X 400m team. But she seemed reluctant to run the relay without Raleigh as a teammate.

Jeanette Rae joined Raleigh and Clancy for their regular Friday lunch date. She really was a doll, and Clancy immediately liked her quiet yet confident demeanor. Clancy suggested Jeanette Rae start running with them for the next two weeks, building up her strength. Once Jeanette Rae was up to speed and endurance, they would ask Jeremy and Rory to time them on wind sprints after football practice one day. The D.C. weather was still mild for late September into early October, so they could comfortably run outside.

Thomas chose a trendy Maryland Seafood spot for their evening out, having a limo collect the girls at Clancy's apartment. This was Bertha's first time at Clancy's place, and she was suitably impressed. Thomas came up for the girls while Jeremy and Rory waited with the limo driver. The six of them chatted amicably during the drive to the restaurant, most catching up on various activities of the past week.

Once they exited the limo, Clancy grabbed Jeremy's arm. At the same time, Raleigh did the same with Rory leaving Bertha with Thomas, who seemed delighted. It was really a great evening of conversation and awesome food. Although they appeared to couple off, everyone talked to each other in a general table conversation.

Clancy mentioned the track team plans to Jeremy. "Raleigh and I are trying out for the track team, along with a new friend, Jeanette Rae. Could you and Rory time us on some wind sprints? I want to run a full 800m, too."

Jeremy agreed, saying, "Thursday would be great since there are no classes at GU that day. What will Raleigh and the other girl Jeanette run?"

Raleigh answered, "Jeanette Rae and I hope to join the 4 X 400m relay team. We both feel we are fast, but neither of us has previously run on a competitive relay team."