A Quiet Lady's Place 03: Clancy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rory piped in, "I ran the 4 X 400m for many years before settling on football as my sport. I can help you and Jeanette Rae with good techniques for passing the baton and voice commands, as well as reading the track."

Raleigh gave Rory a big hug, "You are such a wonderful guy, and thanks very much for your offer to help us."

Bertha, quickly winking at Raleigh, said, "Thomas, let's go watch them practice for a while before you open the club. We can all meet at the track field at 1:00 PM if okay with everyone."

Their conversation continued on to several topics as the six friends enjoyed a nice Saturday evening dinner. Later, they strolled over to the lounge area to listen to the band and enjoy a few dances. It was such fun with the group talking, dancing, and joking around until the band played a slow dance set.

Clancy pulled Jeremy onto the dance floor, flowing smoothly into his arms. She felt so comfortable laying her head on Jeremy's broad shoulders, thinking he must be at least 6'3" tall since Clancy was nearly 6' tall and wearing 3" heels. Yet, Jeremy was still two inches above her. Clancy would often think back to those three slow dances, as when she fell in love with Jeremy.

The three pseudo couples danced for an hour before calling it a night at 11:30 PM. They talked in the limo, thanking Thomas for such a nice evening. Then Clancy suggested she and Raleigh host them for dinner at her place next time. It would be nice for all of them to share a glass of the lovely Bordeaux Anthony gave her and Raleigh.

***

Today was Thursday, so Jeremy and Rory would time the three girls in sprints. The weather had warmed up nicely by 1:00 PM, with Clancy, Raleigh, and Jeanette Rae feeling comfortable in their summer track clothes. Somehow their sprint timing practice with the guys was leaked to the Woman's Track Coach. She showed up to view the practice, bringing two coaching assistants and two senior team members with her.

Clancy led the girls in some stretches and other warm-up exercises. After getting warmed up, Clancy asked Jeremy to time her on the 800m run. Then they would all work together, helping Jeanette Rae and Raleigh on the relays.

Clancy literally blew the track and coaches away with a very fast 800m at 2:24 for a practice run. Clancy was pleased with her time feeling she could win many races for GU once she was completely in shape and running competitively. The GU coaches and team members looked at Clancy with awe as she seemed to effortlessly run 800m just 29 seconds off the world-record time.

Everyone turned their attention to Raleigh and Jeanette Rae as they made 200m wind sprints burning the track up. Clancy walked over and sat both girls down for a brief discussion, as she naturally assumed the leadership role for their practice. Whatever she was saying, the two girls agreed with her completely, vigorously shaking their heads up and down. It was obvious to everyone watching the conversation that Clancy was a natural leader and a talented runner.

They stood up from their talk, and Clancy patted both booties before Raleigh, and Jeanette Rae loped over to Rory. He began working with them again on baton passing techniques and strategies, especially vocal commands. All eyes were on the two girls and Rory as they practiced his commands within a ten meter space.

A few other football players had now gathered around watching the girls' wind sprint practice, which was obviously an open secret. Rory had them stand approximately 400m apart on the track, as he intended to simulate a 400m relay. Rory would run the first leg handing off to Clancy, then Clancy to Raleigh for the third leg, and Jeanette bringing the baton home.

Rory got set, and Jeremy clapped his hands loudly, with Rory exploding off the mark. His handoff to Clancy was clean. She was totally into the wind a second later, blowing into Raleigh's position. Raleigh blasted off as if she was jet-propelled and then passed the baton to Jeanette Rae as they ran stride for stride at a blinding speed. Jeanette ate up the final 400m as if it were a pint of her favorite Ben & Jerry's, leaving everyone speechless.

Both girls immediately looked to Clancy, who called them over. She casually patted them on their butts as they discussed baton passing techniques while cooling off. She stressed that setting a world record or winning a single race was definitely attainable for them with effortless and fluid baton handling. Clancy felt it best to combine a visual/push pass baton technique since they were just starting as a team.

The second part of Clancy's conversation covered identifying two more highly committed runners for the relay team. Clancy wanted to focus on the 800m races since she did not plan to run competitively after graduating. If needed, she would run the first leg of the 4 X 400m relay with them until their team was complete.

The Women's Track Coach came over and welcomed all three girls to the team. In the past hour, she had seen enough to realize these three young ladies were serious runners. She was really pleased that Rory and Jeremy would continue working with them until tryouts were completed.

Thomas and Bertha wandered over once all the official GU staff and students had finished congratulating Clancy, Raleigh, and Jeanette. They said they were amazed at how fast the three girls were.

Thomas commented, "Bertha and I have been friends with three of the fastest ladies at GU and did not know it. A celebration dinner is on me since you three are now officially on the track team."

Bertha agreed, saying, "You three young ladies are so amazing. Each one of you is academically smart and a dynamic runner. Yet, you are so nice and compassionate to everyone. We are so happy being your friends and will definitely come to watch you run for GU!"

The next two years proceeded as expected for Clancy. She, Raleigh, and Jeanette Rae remained fast friends, with both girls frequently spending the night at Clancy's place. The GU Women's track team steadily moved upward into the Big East Conference upper echelon, with Clancy and the 400m relay team consistently placing first in all meets.

Clancy, Raleigh, and Bertha, sometimes with Jeanette Rae, continued visiting the Jazz Club's monthly Sunday Jazz Hour. They also went to the Jazz Club on Wednesday nights when their Thursday school schedule was light.

Bertha kept an eye out for nice-looking second time around dresses, which she could alter to look great on Clancy, Raleigh, Jeanette Rae, and herself. Bertha also had an occasional evening out alone with Thomas, most of the time just a quiet dinner talking about the three girls. Both Thomas and Bertha were so proud of them, feeling as Clancy Raleigh and Jeanette Rae were their own daughters.

Clancy and Jeremy quickly became a couple in late fall after their sprint practices had finished and before the winter season started. They were in a committed emotional and physical relationship, not seeing anyone else. However, they were not sexually active during their time together at GU. Clancy prided herself on being a virgin and chose not to have sex with Jeremy until their relationship was rock solid. Raleigh and Jeanette were also virgins going into their junior years at GU.

Clancy's parents and Jeremy's mom were all pleased with Clancy and Jeremy dating. Their grades remained among the highest at GU, with Clancy at a 4.0 GPA and Jeremy at a 3.85 GPA. They both stayed dedicated to their sports programs. They spent lots of time with their families on summer breaks and other long holidays. They also maintained solid friendships with Raleigh, Janette Rae, Bertha, Rory, and Thomas. So none of the three parents saw any downside to Jeremy and Clancy's dating.

CLANCY'S LIFE-CHANGING ISSUE:

Jeremy took Clancy out for a quiet dinner at the end of his sophomore year at GU. He absolutely stunned Clancy by informing her that he was leaving GU and joining the US Army. He would complete his BS Degree online during his first five years of military service.

Jeremy had been accepted into a program, where he hopefully would become a Medic in the US Army Special Forces (Green Beret). He felt his training as a Green Beret Medic aligned perfectly with his Sports Medicine major at GU. The US Army Special Forces Medical program required a quite long military commitment, so Jeremy intended on becoming a career soldier.

Midway through their dinner, as a dumbfounded Clancy was still processing the Green Beret announcement, Jeremy professed his unconditional love for Clancy. He wanted them to get married quickly, either before he left for training in a few weeks or early in his first year of military service during a training break.

If successful in his Special Forces-Green Beret training, Jeremy would be assigned to the 1st Special Forces Group in Tacoma, WA. This Special Forces group primarily operated in Asia and the Pacific, so his permanent duty station would be at Joint Base Ft. Lewis--McChord in Tacoma, WA.

Jeremy felt that Clancy should finish her degree at GU and then move to Tacoma, where they would establish a permanent residence. The timing should be nearly perfect since he would complete his Green Beret Medical training at the approximate time Clancy graduated GU.

Clancy's mind was positively blown with Jeremy's leaving GU and joining the Army, especially becoming a Green Beret. She knew that Jeremy was in the GU-Army ROTC (HOYA-Battalion) Program. But she thought he joined the ROTC Program for the extra money needed to supplement his half-athletic scholarship. Clancy had never realized that Jeremy wanted a military career, especially as a Green Beret. With her parents being senior career diplomats, Clancy had interacted with military personnel from the four major service branches. She knew beyond a doubt that being a Special Forces-Green Beret was one of the most dangerous military professions.

Clancy also knew she would receive astronomical pushback from her parents on several fronts. They would be unhappy with her getting married while studying at Georgetown. Additionally, her parents would question her marrying someone in the military and moving 3,000-miles further away from France.

Clancy asked Jeremy, "Are you certain you want a military career, especially in the Special Forces, as a Green Beret? Also, how does Mom-Williams feel about your quitting college before graduating?"

Jeremy quietly said, "Mom is not happy about most of this college/military situation. She questioned me fiercely if this decision was related to her working very hard now. I answered her honestly that I did think she worked too much supporting the extra costs of my college studies. On the other hand, I truly wanted to become a Green Beret."

Jeremy continued, "Mom was also apprehensive that I would lose you with this decision. I know that you have not personally met Mom. She let it slip that you have phoned her every Sunday evening since we officially started dating. She respects you very much and hoped we could spend a week in Charleston during spring break next year. Mom understands your time commitment for Christmas and summers with your parents but was hoping for a spring break visit this year. Now, I will be completing my GU course work and heavily into training, so that timing for a visit will not work."

Clancy stood and walked around the table to hug Jeremy, saying, "Darling, you know I love you unquestionably, but this is a huge and complex decision for me. It also came as a complete surprise, so I will need to think on it for a few days."

Jeremy was a good guy and completely understood Clancy's dilemma. However, he was also very much in love with her and wanted Clancy to be his wife. Even so, they were both subdued by the seriousness of their conversation for the remainder of their evening out. Clancy tried to be uplifting for Jeremy, but her life would be in chaos for the next week.

Ultimately, Clancy agreed to marry Jeremy during his first year of training, which was her senior year at GU. She loved him dearly, having been keenly drawn to Jeremy since the first night they met at the Jazz Club.

Clancy quickly dropped her double minor in her junior year, focusing solely on Journalism. Clancy was sure she could work as an editor for most major publishing houses from any USA location. She carefully avoided any discussions about Jeremy with Mom and Dad during her summer break in France. So Jon and Marie were completely unaware of Clancy's intentions to marry Jeremy early in her senior year at GU.

In a private ceremony at a small Military Chapel at Joint Base Ft. Lewis-McChord, Tacoma, WA, Jeremy, and Clancy were married. The ceremony took place during a short break in his long and arduous Special Forces training. Only their five close GU friends and Mom-Williams were knowledgeable of their marriage.

Clancy continued running the 800m for GU and her close friendships with Raleigh and Janette Rae in her senior year. Raleigh, Jeanette Rae, Bertha, Rory, and Thomas all understood how much she loved Jeremy and that she dreadfully missed seeing him. These close friends also knew the huge issues that would arise with Clancy's parents, Jon and Marie, once they knew she'd married Jeremy.

After marrying Jeremy, Clancy's summer visit home was a total cluster-fuck, as her parents Jon and Marie were extremely angry with her decision. She had debated coming home on summer break after her senior year at GU. However, she felt she should inform them personally about her marriage. Her parents were also unaware of Clancy dropping the two minors. She had graduated GU this year, not needing the fourth year.

Jon and Marie had envisioned giving their darling Clancy this wonderful wedding, most likely marrying someone important in business, politics, or banking. Now she had run off and married a soldier in the US Army Special Forces, a Green Beret.

Clancy's parents just could not or would not understand how being in love with Jeremy justified her rash decision. She felt so isolated in France, far away from her best friends, Raleigh and Jeanette Rae. Finally, summer ended, and Clancy departed, glad to get away from the anger and misery of her six-week visit home. She returned to GU for two months, clearing out her apartment before moving to Tacoma.

Clancy returned to GU a different person after six weeks of non-stop fighting with her mom and dad. This was the first time in her life that Clancy had chosen to go her own way. So Jon and Marie verbally criticized her for the entire six weeks regarding her stupid marriage decision. Jon and Marie never attempted to understand that Clancy dearly loved Jeremy, so she was in a no-win situation with them.

Clancy was quite subdued for most of the two months in DC before moving to Tacoma. She was a shell of the enchanting girl who arrived at GU three years ago as a sophomore. Before leaving DC for Tacoma, Clancy shared a quiet dinner with her five friends promising to stay in touch.

MILITARY WIFE AND RILEY:

Clancy loved Jeremy blissfully, but military life was a bit lonely for her. His SF-A Team was often TDY on training missions in SE Asia and the South Pacific. These types of never-ending TDY missions were continually repeated, hoping the USA could blunt China's spreading influence in Asia and the Pacific. In addition to the Asian/Pacific (A/P) missions, Jeremy's SF-A team also had fairly frequent unscheduled training missions back at the SF Command Headquarters at Ft Bragg in Fayetteville, NC.

Clancy worked from home in a small place they had purchased when she relocated to the Tacoma area. She wrote brief articles for the general Wine Industry, had a personal wine blog, and was a USA Editor for Decanter, the premier wine magazine.

Clancy never became friendly with other military wives because her background was just so different. When Jeremy was TDY, Clancy spent most of her time writing on her blog and doing special articles for Decanter. This allowed her more free time with Jeremy when he was working or training at the Joint Base in Tacoma.

Life was beautiful for Clancy when Jeremy was home but very lonely when he was TDY, often not even knowing where exactly his mission was. She did communicate with Raleigh and Jeanette Rae via email and Zoom. But the 3000-mile distance was too much for any personal visits or meaningful relationships with them. They were now seniors at GU, and both girls were full-out busy with athletics, academics, graduation planning, and time with their families.

On one of Jeremy's longer stays at the Joint Base in Tacoma without travel to Asia or Ft Bragg, Clancy became pregnant. By the time of delivery, Jeremy was TDY in Asia again. So Clancy delivered Riley all alone after living in Tacoma for eighteen months. Riley's birth caused another conflict with Clancy's parents. Jon and Marie wanted Clancy and Riley to stay with them in France for an extended time after Riley was a few months old. They just refused to understand that Clancy could not pick up and take the baby away from Jeremy to France for nearly a year.

Jeremy's mom, Andrea Elizabeth Williams, feared flying, having never flown, but she was determined to see her son's family. Clancy arranged a non-stop flight from CHS to Sea-Tac (SEA), buying an economy ticket and using her frequent flier miles to purchase an upgrade. Andrea (Mom-W) arrived at SEA scared but thrilled she had met the challenge.

Clancy met Mom-W at the airport, bringing Riley with her. Clancy and Mom-W had often spoken by phone for nearly three years but had never met in person.

Mom-W literally screamed, "My lovely daughter Clancy and granddaughter Riley, I am so happy to see you. I can't wait to see Jeremy when we get home." They exchanged warm hugs as Mom-W oohed and aahed over Riley.

Clancy said, "Jeremy usually gets home a bit later during the week, so he may not be home for one or two hours after we are there."

Riley was just cooing and smiling at grandmom, which made Mom-W and Clancy so happy!

Mom-W rode to Tacoma in the back seat, where Riley was strapped in her car seat. She talked, cooed, and played with Riley all the way to Tacoma.

The entire family was together for two weeks when Jeremy's SF-A Team was deployed to SE Asia on a twenty-four-hour notice. He was away for one month, and Mom-W now fully understood Clancy's lonely life. They talked incessantly, especially when Riley napped. Riley immediately took to Grandmom-W and loved snuggling in close to her warm body.

Clancy was really happy for the first time in more than two years, but Mom-W had to return home after visiting Tacoma for a month. She had taken two weeks of vacation and two weeks of unpaid leave to come and see her granddaughter. Jeremy was away on TDY and was not there to see Mom-W off on her return to Charleston.

After Mom-W's departure, life quickly returned to the lonely normal for Clancy. However, she cherished the sweet memories of her visit because they were unquestionably mother and daughter. Clancy had truly grown to love Mom-W and missed her terribly.

For several days, Riley looked all over their house, calling out for Grandmom-W. She was not old enough to understand why her grandmom wasn't there.

HEARTBREAK:

When Riley was nearly three years old, Jeremy had a TDY A/P Mission, expected to last 30-45 days. Clancy became concerned when he had not contacted her after being away for over two months. Late one Saturday morning while playing with Riley, Clancy's heart began pounding with realization, fear, and dread. Two military officers, one who presented himself as a Chaplin, walked up to her door and knocked.

The Chaplin held her hand as he informed her that Jeremy was Missing In Action (MIA) and presumed dead. He was not officially Killed In Action (KIA) since the SF-Team had not located or retrieved his body. Since there were no witnesses to his death, he was technically in limbo.