A Reason to Love

Story Info
Is any sacrifice too great for love?
9.6k words
4.74
3.4k
5
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Reason to Love

** Author's Note: This story occurs in the world that Michael Moorwind and his friends live in, but much earlier. It does not require reading the other stories for background but will be the background for another that gets published. -TwinSoulFlames **

~~ Seattle, Washington, 2019 A week until the wedding ~~

Justin looked up at Doctor Hassan and blinked. "Doc, you've got a hell of a morbid sense of humor..."

The doctor, face grim, looked across his desk at the couple. "I wish I were joking, Justin. Aggressive kidney cancer. Unless we can kill it with chemo and radiation, you've got a year. Two tops before it takes out the other one too. It's good right now, though."

Justin stared at his oncologist blankly for long moments. Next to him, Isabella Dorian, his fiancee slumped back in her chair, reeling. Finally, he breathed. "I'm twenty-seven, doc. Who gets this at twenty-seven?"

"Not many, I'm afraid. With as young as you are and as good as you've been taking care of yourself, we can get pretty aggressive with your treatment. That's a good thing. But it's going to be a hard road...," he offered.

"But... we're getting married in a week, Doctor..." Isabella finally stammered.

"I wish I had better news. I really do. With his health, Justin's probably got about fifteen percent. That's three times what most get," he tried consoling them.

"Fifteen percent," she breathed.

Justin turned his head to look at her and the look of defeat in her eyes scared him. He took her hand. "I'll do what I have to do, Iz. For us..."

She nodded her head absently as they stood. "Come back in two weeks, we'll work out a plan and get started," Doctor Hassan scribbled the appointment on the card in that illegible writing that all doctors go to years of medical school to obtain, then handed it to him. "Call me if you need anything in the meantime. Congratulations on your wedding, Justin. Support like that will help."

He nodded slowly. "Yeah. Thanks, Doc," he murmured before leading Isabella from the office and taking her back home to the apartment that she shared with her sister, Brina.

Brina was getting ready for work when they arrived, her eyes looking the two of them over. "Bad news?" At Isabella's nod, she stepped forward and wrapped them both in a hug. "Do I need to call in?"

"Please," Isabella murmured, "We... I need you."

"Of course," she murmured. She dialed a number on her phone, "Hey Boss, going to need to call in that favor, my sister and her fiance need me." She paused, "Yeah, I'll pull a double on Saturday to make up for it, appreciate it." She hung up, then wrapped the two of them in a hug again. "Why don't we order pizza and you can tell me about it."

Justin looked at them for a moment and shook his head. "I need... I need air. I'll talk to you later, OK?" Brina looked at him in concern. "I'll be all right," he held up his hand. "I just... I can't right now..." He turned and walked out the door. Moments later, his car was pulling out of the parking lot and he rolled down his windows, blaring music as loud as he dared in the Dallas evening heat.

"Cancer," Isabella said softly, "I can't... I can't do this." She slumped against Brina, "I wish I had never gone after him. He's not even..." she choked up, "I can't marry a dead man walking."

"But you love him." Brina murmured, "You said so."

"No, I just loved having something you didn't." Isabella snapped back, then at the look on Brina's face, "Look, I'm sorry I can't."

"You're getting married in a week to the man you love." Brina reiterated.

"No, no I'm not." She responded, shaking her head, then turned and stalked to her bedroom, slamming the door.

The next several days were spent with Brina trying to calm Isabella down. Then, the morning before the wedding she was gone, her cell phone left behind, and her bags all packed. Brina froze as her parents walked in to stay and help Isabella get ready for the big day. "She...," Brina breathed, tears dripping. "He's going to be devastated."

"No, no he's not," Brina's mom piped up, "Look I know about the cancer. He's got a year... you'll just pretend to be Izzy. He'll die happy."

"Are you fucking insane?" Briana responded, "I'm not Iz, I can't be Iz, much less for a year." She waved a hand, "Fucking hell, I know you think she's this sweet innocent child, but this, this is beyond the pale."

"Don't you talk to your mother in that tone of voice, Briana," her father said, almost mechanically.

"You're not the one being asked to whore yourself out for your sister, Father." Briana snapped back, "Get your head out of your wife's ass and think about what she's asking me to do. No, you know what, get out of my apartment, both of you."

Her father turned and began walking out dejectedly. "HAROLD!" his wife gasped.

"Let's let her calm down and think about this, dear. You did just spring it on her..." he sighed heavily.

"There's nothing to think about," Brina snapped back, "Isabella fucks up, and let's depend on good old Brina to fix it, just like FUCKING ALWAYS!" She screamed, "Now you want me to commit at a minimum a misdemeanor, and perjury to protect an ungrateful, asshole, bitch that's just like her mother." She pointed, "Fuck off."

"But you love Justin...," she started.

"And that didn't matter when dear sweet Iz decided she wanted him. You told me to back off then, just like you're telling me to throw myself at him now," Brina snarled back. "Go, just go." She turned and walked back to her bedroom, slamming her door as sobs echoed from inside.

Justin had not heard from her that day and he waited until the afternoon, trying to give her time and space before he finally went over to their apartment and knocked. "Iz? Baby are you there?"

Brina opened the door, dressed in some of Isabella's clothing, "Hey baby, yeah, just got really nervous." She hugged him, "We're getting married tomorrow."

He hugged her back. "I... I'm sorry about the past couple of days. I wasn't trying to dampen the mood, I just...," he shrugged.

"I know, but we'll get through it together," Brina promised, trying to talk like Isabella did and not tense up.

Not even really in a state to notice, he held her for long moments, before he murmured, "You want to go grab something to eat, maybe bring Brina?" he asked, looking past her into the house.

"Ahh, no Bri's on a date," she responded quickly.

"Oh...," he murmured, then his face brightened a little. "That's... good right? I mean... for her? I know the guy from the restaurant didn't work out. I felt kind of bad about that actually...," he trailed off.

"Wasn't your fault," she responded, "He just wasn't right for her." Briana took his arm, "Let's go get something to eat. Then I'll need to get some sleep for our big day."

"What are you in the mood for, sweetheart?" he asked softly.

Briana froze, she didn't know what they typically went out for. "What sounds good to you, my love?"

"I... uh... how does Chinese sound?" he asked after a moment.

"Great." She responded, "Let's go get some Chinese and you can tell me about your day."

They went to a small Chinese restaurant and ordered as he began telling her about his day. He worked as a shared resource for the managers of a chain of fine restaurants to do computer work and bookkeeping so that an accountant didn't have to be hired to do it all at the end of the year. Or at least, that was what everyone believed. He actually owned all five restaurants, three in Dallas and two in Houston, but he never told anyone. He had sold a piece of software he wrote in college that automated certain electronics manufacturing tasks for nearly half a billion dollars. The company who bought it went on to be purchased in turn and made out for much more.

He never showed it, though. That money just accumulated in funds and investments handled by several different large financial management firms. He kept out just enough to live on comfortably, but not opulently, and worked at the companies he had invested in. He started telling her about how the restaurants were doing and expressed his appreciation and admiration for the managers that he "worked for" and the job they were doing.

Briana listened attentively, not sure how Isabella normally acted but was trying to portray a dutiful and loving fiancee. When the food arrived she ate daintily, echoing how Isabella normally ate. After dinner, they headed back to her apartment and she gave him another kiss. "Tomorrow." She murmured, holding his hand.

"Tomorrow. You ready?" he asked softly, his eyes searching hers. "Iz... I..."

"I love you, Justin," Brina murmured.

"I love you. Thank you... for choosing me. I'll work every day to make sure you don't regret it...," he said, his voice thick around the lump in his throat.

She smiled softly, her eyes sparkling briefly with tears, "I won't." She leaned forward and kissed him again, then turned and went into her apartment. She closed the door, and sank down, her face on her knees as she tried to hide the sobs.

He turned and walked away feeling blessed that he was still getting married the next day. There were so many stories of couples who hadn't survived things like cancer. He wiped his eyes, feeling some tears coming before he went and got into his car and drove back to his apartment. He had, for the last couple of weeks, been clearing out things so that she could move in with him and would have room for her things. He collapsed onto his bed, trying to forget about his troubles with cancer and be happy he was getting married the next day. He passed out from exhaustion, dead to the world.

Brina wept and slept poorly. He would be devastated if he discovered the truth, but she couldn't abandon him even if he hated her afterward." She rose and carefully made up her face before dressing. She refused to let him fight alone. She ignored her mother's quiet gloating but for one statement, "No contact after this, and no grandchildren ever," she hissed and continued forward.

Her mother's face fell and she froze, opening her mouth to speak up, for once her dad stepped forward and shook his head. "She's not wrong, now shut up."

She glided down the aisle, pasting a smile on her face for Justin. "Dearly beloved." The wedding moved forward without a hitch, and they kissed at the end to much cheering.

Justin's eyes lingered on the bride's retinue before murmuring as they walked back down the aisle. "What happened to Bri? I thought she was your maid of honor?"

"Long story, let's just focus on our future, yeah?" She responded, unable to lie to him more than she already was. "First dance."

He nodded, something nagging at his mind, but he banished it to focus, as she had said, on their wedding. He took her out onto the dance floor and pulled her close, beginning to twirl and sway with her as the music began to play. He bent and brushed his lips across her neck. "I've never seen anyone so beautiful as you, Iz..."

"I love you," she murmured, hugging him even as her heart broke again in her chest. "I'll be with you till the end, Justin."

He swallowed, the lump in his throat thick once again. "In... sickness and in health... till death...," he breathed softly, his eyes tearing up.

"In sickness and in health, till death do us part," she murmured in response. "I love you, Justin."

"I love you," he breathed. "I'm going to take care of you, Iz...," he continued. "I swear it."

"And I'm going to take care of you," she responded, looking up at him with sparkling eyes. "I swear it." She reached up and cupped his face before kissing him tenderly, "I love you, Justin."

He cupped her face and bent, claiming her lips in a tender, yet passionate kiss, one that started applause from some of the guests. Holding it long after the applause started, he finally released her. Both of their faces were flushed and he smiled into her eyes. "That was... perfect."

She smiled at him softly, "Yes, it was, Justin." She stroked his face tenderly, then ducked her head and rested it against his chest as they danced. She tried not to freeze at the thought of what was coming tonight, she had never, but she knew that he and Isabella had. Isabella rubbed her face in it often enough.

Hours went by and they danced and ate, cutting the cake and taking picture after picture. Between them all, he sat with her and took her legs in his lap, taking off her shoes and rubbing her feet and ankles. He was so gentle, tenderly taking care of her and seeing to her comfort.

She smiled at him, her lower lip trembling as she cupped his face, "So good to me," she murmured, trying not to cry or rage because Isabella was the one he loved. "Are you ready?" She tilted her head towards the doors.

He nodded, putting her shoes back on and helping her stand. "Supposed to be good to those you love. You're my wife. That's how you're supposed to treat your wife."

She smiled up at him, then kissed him, "And you're my husband. I take care of you too," she murmured, then curled into his side to go to the car and drive to his home.

When they got home, he led her to the door and scooped her up, carrying her inside, and only setting her down to close the door. "How are you feeling, love?" he asked as he carried her toward the bedroom. "I know we waited for this, but I want to make sure you're still OK. If you're exhausted from the wedding, we don't... we don't have to right away. We can just sleep...," he looked into her eyes, genuine concern for her wellbeing flooding her.

She ducked her head slightly, a faint hint of confusion at his comment of waiting. She shivered then looked up at him, "I'm a little nervous, but... I want this. I want you. I love you, Justin." She smiled up at him, her eyes soft and warm reaching up to touch his face again. "I'm with you through it all."

"I love you too, baby... I love you so much...," he breathed, setting her down at the end of the bed as he stared into her eyes. "I can't imagine our first time being more perfect. You're an angel, my wife. My wife...," he repeated in wonder, his gaze holding hers with utter adoration.

"Your wife," she repeated softly, stroking his face. "My husband." She leaned up to kiss him again. She reached behind her to start unfastening the buttons, struggling slightly with them.

"Let me...," he breathed, reaching around her and holding her close as, by feel, one by one he removed them, opening the massive white dress and letting it fall off her shoulders revealing a white chemise, panties, and garters with stockings. He gasped slightly, drinking in her form. "God, you're so beautiful...," he murmured.

"And your wife," she murmured with a soft smile. She reached to slip his tux jacket off, then his tie, before undoing the buttons on his shirt one by one.

"Your husband," he breathed in return, watching as she worked, grateful that they had waited and made this night special.

She bit her lip as she focused on carefully removing his clothes, then she smiled up at him as he removed hers. She was nervous but eager to touch him and press close to him. "I love you, Justin," she murmured over and over as they kissed and touched.

"I love you, my beautiful wife...," he breathed, stepping close and pressing his bare skin against her scantily-clad body as his lips claimed hers passionately. Finally, he pulled the hem of her chemise up and over her head and undid her bra, baring her breasts to his gaze. "Perfection," he breathed before bending and placing soft kisses at the top of them.

She shivered and a soft surprised gasp escaped at the pleasure and electrifying feel of his lips on her. "Yours," she murmured, sliding her arms around him to press her softness against him again, eager to feel him. "I love you, my handsome husband."

Picking her up, he laid her gently on the bed before moving lower and taking one of her pert breasts into his mouth, suckling on it. Gently at first, but at the encouragement of her soft moans and gasps of pleasure, with increasing fervor. His hands continued to touch and caress, setting her on fire wherever they went, and his groans of pleasure at her taste and feel made the fiery knot in her belly grow in its aching.

She dropped her hands to massage his head, encouraging him with her touch and the breathless needy whimpers she made. "So good, yours, my husband," she shivered under his caresses. "I love you, Justin." She breathed over and over, arching towards him in offering. She spread her legs for him and rubbed her damp folds against his stomach.

He groaned softly and pressed back against her. "Wanted you for so long...," he breathed as he moved to her other breast. "Can't believe I finally get to taste you..." His hands trailed over her stomach with soft touches, continuing to tease the nerves in her body to a fever pitch.

She squeaked softly, a slight giggle escaping at the light touches, she arched towards him, "Yes, so good. You feel so good, my husband." Her fingers clenched in his hair as she squirmed under him, "Please, feels so good." Her voice was breathless with need.

He began kissing his way lower on her body. "Going to taste you, my love. Have wanted to taste you... Open for me...," he breathed, his hands gently maneuvering to guide her legs apart.

Her body flushed in desire and slight embarrassment. She spread her legs even wider for him with a soft needy whimper, "My husband." She reached down to grip her ankles and pull them further apart to expose her core even more. "Only ever yours."

He bent, inspecting for a moment before pressing in and licking her with the flat of his tongue, long and slow. When he finished, he groaned in pleasure. "Oh... baby... You taste like heaven...," he breathed before returning to his delightful task and using his tongue and lips to pleasure her.

A surprised squeal escaped, then a low, pornographic moan escaped at the feel of his tongue, "Oh... oh God... so good, feels so good, my husband." She clenched her fingers, desperately in her need, "Oh please, please, need... need it... please."

He took a breath only to rumble, "Come for me, my love...," before returning to his work wanting to make their first time as enjoyable for her as possible.

She gasped and whined, then an inarticulate scream of pure pleasure escaped as she climaxed. Her fingers tightened in his hair as her entire body jolted and she shivered as she got even wetter for him. Her eyes gazed down at him with a hungry, needy expression, "Please!"

He lifted his head and looked up at her with a soft expression, ready to give her whatever she desired. "Please what, baby? What do you need?" he asked softly.

"You," she murmured, and made grabby hands, "Just need you, the rest of our lives. Want you over me, filling me. Want to feel it, give it to you. Please, want it."

He nodded, quickly removing his shoes and pants before climbing up over her. She stared down at his nude body, hard and ready for her, and flushed. His gaze softened as he watched her do so, Not sure why she was so shy all of a sudden, it endeared him more to her to see this side. "Nice and slow, Iz...," he said softly. "I'll take care of you..."

She closed her eyes for a moment, hiding the pain at the name, then opened her eyes to smile up at him, "I trust you, Justin." She reached for him, "My husband."

"I love this side of you... so gentle...," he murmured, kissing her neck as he reached down and guided himself toward her entrance. "It suits you...," he added. "Makes you even more beautiful..."

"I love you," she murmured breathlessly, sliding her arms around him. "I love you so much, Justin. I'm yours. I've always been yours since the day we met." She arched towards him, "Have me, claim me. Want it. Need it."

He slowly began inching inside of her, his eyes wide and his breath panted and shallow. "Oh... Oh, God... Baby... Tight...," he gasped, staring down into her eyes.