A Regency Ravishment Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Years of pain and love intermingled in her mind, along with the memory of her father. He had been mistaken when he had laid those charges against Oliver. But she knew now that even if everything he had said was true, she could still not live without him.

Closing her eyes and sending a quick apology to her Papa, she opened them to meet Oliver's hungry - and uncertain - gaze.

"You are the love of my life, Oliver Wentworth. And I will marry you."

***

CAPTAIN AND MRS WENTWORTH CAUSE A FRESH STIR!

Dear Reader

London's most notorious couple were at it again at the coming out ball of their youngest daughter, Miss Marianne, sending old dames into paroxysms of outrage and causing fresh bets to be made at various gentlemen's clubs.

One would think that after over two decades of marriage and three children, they would have learned to behave with propriety outside of the privacy of their quarters, but clearly that was too much to ask of this couple, which seems to delight in courting scandal. After all, when hearing that their eldest daughter, Miss Olivia Wentworth, had eloped with a certain Gothic novelist of West Indies heritage, the two were said to have laughed and looked at each other fondly.

One wonders why the Beau Monde continues to associate itself with such characters, but it simply cannot get enough of the Wentworths. Likelier still, everyone is too far in debt to the Captain, whose sharp instincts with gambling and investments have not been blunted by the bliss of matrimony and fatherhood. Which brings us back to the night of the ball.

Apparently, the two were heard to be arguing over their son Edward's decision to leave polite society behind and become an intrepid explorer, leading to Mrs Wentworth slapping her husband in the middle of the waltz. This caused him to retaliate with a deep kiss, causing onlookers to gasp. He then dragged her away from the ballroom, declaring he would teach her some manners.

A resigned looking Edward Wentworth and his amused sister, Marianne, were ushered away by the ever-brooding Sir Phillip, but not before his wife, Lady Vivian, calmly announced to the guests that the ball would continue and supper would be served shortly. And with that, the orchestra strummed up a loud tune, presumably to mask any other sounds coming from the household.

As for this author, Dear Reader, she has enjoyed the Wentworths' antics for a long time now, and has grown to regard them almost as family. She wishes them the happiest of lives, for their particular brand of joy does help her put food on the table.

The end.

***

A/N: Please leave a rating and comment. I won't learn and improve without your feedback!

12