All Comments on 'A Religious Experience - Afterward'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeover 4 years ago
Thank you

Thank you very much indeed for this and you were right; the tale did need closure.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
I couldn’t do it

But I won’t fault the story. I’m not that trusting.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

A very nice ending to what had been a tragic story. Definitely a worthy sequel!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Nice ending to the story

Good job!

looking4itlooking4itover 4 years ago

I’m disappointed you chose to go with the drugged cliché. I don’t think it was necessary, this epilogue of sorts was not about why she did it but more about the fact that he could forgive. I think the way you wrote it it didn’t matter that she was drugged in order for him to forgive so it was really an unnecessary addition to your plot. It was a good read I just think it was cheapened buy that one choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
RAAC sequal formula #7

Overturn the the previous chapters by out of the blue adding that a date rape drug was used, thus creating an excuse that allows forgiveness.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Almost

Liked the beginning.

Liked the end.

The "drug cocktail" was a put-off. An overused cliche.

Still I gave you a four.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The switch in POV was well done.

And the story had a happy-ish ending. The only issue I have is with the excuse that she was drugged. There are no drugs that will lower inhibitions without your knowledge. You won’t feel more aroused and a willingness to fuck anyone with a pop of a pill without knowing that something is very wrong.

So using drugs as an excuse, IMO, is a cop-out, an attempt to mitigate her choices that she made to cheat on her husband. It’s like a rapist blaming alcohol for his actions, it just doesn’t wash.

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956over 4 years ago
Nice ending.

Thanks for wrapping this up so nicely.

cindylynn34cindylynn34over 4 years ago

Wonderful story billandkate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Needed a DNA test to confirm his paternity of April.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well Done

This was a strange and difficult (for John, Jason and Toni) story but well done. It was a great ending, almost potentially true-to-life, signs of a good story.

T.T.

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 4 years ago
I thoroughly enjoyed your story.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This was the perfect ending to this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great

Nice ending to your story.

Boyd Percy

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years agoAuthor
Drugs and Toni's Fall From Grace

Sorry so many of our readers misread our intentions related to the drug cocktail the cult was using. We didn't mean to imply it was the drugs that made Toni submit to Holland, only that it was one of many factors that led her down the wrong path. Much stronger were the other factors: death of a child, Holland's charismatic personality, Toni's past and lastly, the fact that both Toni and John were mostly estranged from their respective families, they didn't have a good support system at the time of the first part when it all goes to shit.

And please note, at no time does Toni say that the drugs are an excuse for her behavior; on the contrary, she accepts her responsibility throughout, including during Jackson's trial. A big reason why John asks her to remarry him.

One commentator alleges that no drug can make a person do something they are opposed to doing. We'll not argue that point; but we will say that taking a drug or using alcohol can lower one's inhibitions and many people, men and women, have done something they normally wouldn't while under a drug/alcohol influence.

We initially used the drug bust of the supplier as an plot devise to get Jackson indicted and didn't want it to be the focus of the reconciliation between John and Toni. We always hoped Toni would get herself straight again and these two people would live happily ever after. .

Thanks for reading and commenting.

B&K

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years agoAuthor
So Sad

One of the comments we received and subsequently deleted made the following observation:

"Hey cuck, don't you know that every time a woman has another penis stuck in her whoring holes that she now has traces of every disease and every other whore the dog stuck his diseased pole into? Who would want that?"

We didn't delete the entire comment because the statement above is just too precious, too funny, and just so sad; it needed to be shared with you all. We did delete it because of the rest of this Anonymous commentator's vile slurs shouldn't have gotten past the Literotica censors.

EddboyEddboyover 4 years ago
lol

as others have mentioned, the "drugged" excuse to lead to a reconciliation has been done many times before. I honestly thought the original was fine the way it was, this one didn't really seem to add anything to the original except a happy ending. I enjoy your stories so keep em coming!

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
SEX...DRUGS...ROCK N ROLL.....DO KEEP A CULT FUNCTIONABLE

but the almighty Dollar keeps the wheel greased. TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great

You could not have crafted a better ending. Beautifully written story.

InsigniaInsigniaover 4 years ago
Anon: There are no drugs that will lower inhibitions without your knowledge. You won’t feel more aroused and a willingness to fuck anyone with a pop of a pill

Man you really need to get out more. LOL

Good follow up to a story that did not have a nice bow on it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Recovering alcoholic

A recovering alcoholic having one beer a day? Somehow, I don’t think that’s the AA way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great

Just GREAT

alfiemoon1alfiemoon1over 4 years ago
Great ending

Great ending to an already brilliant story. My wife and I enjoy your stories very much. Thank you for sharing your talent and imagination.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
Thanks. Well done

Glad to see a Vietnam war Vet portrayed as the good guy that most of them are.

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years agoAuthor
To Anon: Why Write RAAC?

We wrote this reconciliation story because we wanted to show that there are situations when a second chance is, even if not deserved, can be given and can lead to a better life for all those involved (in this case for Jason, John and Toni).

We rarely write "RAAC", which implies reconciliation without a reasonable explanation of why; and we've written stories where the cheating spouse is dumped and no reconciliation is possible (and usually received higher scores as a result). But we both believe that there are circumstances when reconciliation is possible. Maybe because we were both raised in the Judeo-Christian values of forgiveness. And maybe because we know people who, given a second chance, have lived blessed lives for themselves and for their friends and family.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Yay for Toni

A little happy ever after fiction is good for the soul. A welcome mental vacation from immersion in the real world reality of meanness and brutality heaped on the weak and vulnerable. Thanks.

tizwickytizwickyover 4 years ago
Great Ending To First Story

Very well written and concise. I'm not usually a fan of the RACC genre but this was one of those rare exceptions. 5 Stars well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stop with the negative vibrations

Not sure what bug is up the rear of Anon from 9/1. I guess one has the right to be judgemental and unforgiving, but I've never understood the need to blast an author for his/her plotline. Bill & Kate, it's your story. Don't be swayed by someone's crappy outlook. Having a Judeo-Christian example of forgiveness is a wonderful plotline on a website such as this. I live for stories like yours, and I'm glad I found your contributions. This is five star material, and I look forward to more from you.

chucksavedchucksavedover 4 years ago
Some good observations

Well done, BillandKate,

You will come across those who, for reasons that aren't my business, vehemently refuse to acknowledge any chance for forgiving the cheater. When your fictional character does, they automatically hate you. I've been on both sides of this and I'll remind all that forgiving is healthier for the wronged person. Holding a grudge robs you of your peace of mind. The only barrier against forgiveness is a lack of repentance. Not to get preachy, but how can I forgive a man for slapping me in the face when he hasn't stopped slapping me? Till he does, my forgiveness is meaningless as we cannot put the matter to rest.

As for real life forgiving between spouses, I've heard ancient couples still madly in love with one another and credit forgiving infidelity as the reason for that. You appreciate a thing more when it has cost you so dearly. I'm not suggesting a man or woman become a willing cuckold, but never allowing for it can't be the blanket policy. I'll bet those 'never forgivers' aren't happy people. She came off genuine, but not desperate or unstable. I liked that and the further level she took it to considering she had the option to consummate the relationship with the older guy, but didn't. She redeemed herself in my book.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Well there you go...

A well deserved conclusion, which made the original story even better, in my mind.

I'm sure there will be plenty to disagree with me, but John, Jason, and even Toni, fitted well within this outcome, if not fully deserved it.

Theirs is a story of lives spent getting the shit end of the deal, rising up into a better way... And theirs will be a story of redemption and grace.

Thanks very much for this follow-up. It's the realisation of the very thoughts I expressed in my comments to the original tale, and I love that you had the flexibility of vision to let it go here.

Having not yet read any other comments, I won't be surprised if I'm in the minority on this. Knowing LW readership, they can be a very unforgiving lot.

For this one, I don't care.

To top it off, having John's point of view made it more personal as well.

For me, this is a 5 star effort.

Cheers.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Just plain good

Great writing and thank you for continuing to put quality and creativity in the same story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
a daily beer

If you are a recovering addict (alcohol?), you do NOT have one beer a day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Conclusion

It flowed naturally and with a changed and stronger Toni , reconciliation was a very real possibility. Congratulations BillandKate for rounding out the story. The first part did leave one expecting something more. This rounds it off nicely. 5*s.

jenellesljenelleslabout 4 years ago
Food for thought

Well done. The most important lessons in our lives are usually the most expensive. This is an expensive lesson.

Don't stop dreaming. If you don't dream, it can't come true. None of them ever really stopped dreaming about getting things put back together again.

Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Enjoyed it

5 stars from me. One of the things that I liked was it was believable. There were no 20 inch bigger around than a beer can cocks in it either. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really nice guys

It felt like a real reconciliation.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Outstanding

Was very happy to see your follow up story and reconciliation for Toni and John. Both have had hard enough time in life. One of my thoughts on the first story, which I did not include in my comments, was that the ending seemed a little harsh for Toni with nothing but emptiness to live for. Can't help it that I like mostly happy endings. A great job of writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Many Times

Going back and adding a sequel doesn't do the original any justice, but in this case it closed the circle quite admirably. Few things can create near panic like the up close and personal sound of a hammer being pulled back, other than perhaps the sound of the slide on a 1911A1 slamming home or a 12 gauge pump shotgun being racked. The clicks of the outside hammers being pulled back on Doc Holliday's double barreled shotgun are thought by many historians to be what actually lit off the gun fight at the so called OK Corral. Even though it actually happened in a vacant lot behind the corral.

I only have one question; does Scott Adams know Dilbert has a brother? Yeah, there was one but I forgot where.

Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

and Fred? Random introduction and thread left hanging.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

This was another reconciliation that I completely agreed with. Great finish to the story.

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Too Old

I’m getting too old, I was actually cheering for reconciliation 😁😁😁😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
😊 😊 😊 😊 😊 ...

Oh man...I DO love a happy ending ...... 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 ....

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

What a great wrap up of the series "The Religious Experience" and to the wonderful end with the reconciliation and their remarriage. If ever there was a reconciliation that was right it was this one. This brought the whole story of John, Toni and Jason ending right where it should have, a loving family once again. The story should be shown as part of the series as I almost missed it. This story is so well written with just the right amount of drama and excitement. Well Done 5 stars

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3about 3 years ago

I'm fairly certain that drugs being used were mentioned in the first chapter. Not sure why so many are getting their panties in a twist about it being mentioned now.

For all of the other assholes, even without the drugs, cults specialize in what is basically mind control. They often target people that are broken in some way - drug abuse, family abuse, mental health issues, all of the above - they make their congregants lack self-worth and make it seem like the only way to feel better is to be in their specific religion. There isn't always sex involved, but there are definitely sex cults out there. The women are basically raped as their minds have been so warped and twisted that they can not truly consent to what happens to them. Many who have been rescued from cults have to be in therapy for years to make any kind of headway and put the abuse behind them - both men and women. It's quite sad how these cults prey on people, and comments suggesting that any women who undergo what they do are nothing more than whores are just the lowest of low.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Good followup, a happy ending is always something I appreciate.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

I was a bit disappointed with the ending of the first part of this story. It was left hanging the the husband didn't know that his wife was given drugs while being raped by all the assholes. Just ice was served and the husband found out his wife was not volunteering her body to those creeps. Having them get back together put a nice touch on the ending. Good job and thank you!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

definitely 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

AWESOME thank you

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

A 5* story. Really well written and good content. I am surprised by how few comments this story has generated. Perhaps the title throws off the people.

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Awesome

A rare RAAC story I liked.

They had gone through a lot & deserved happyness

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nah, didn't realise this was a star trek episode where he keeps the slut and bravely goes where every man has gone before! Her inhibitions were lowered by drugs but she was sufficiently aware to know what she was doing initially and kept doing it; so no sympathy. I love happy endings but not with knowing cum dumps.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I thought the initial story gave short shrift to how Toni came to be in thrall to sex offenders with clerical collars. This sequel/epilogue does a much better job of presenting a plausible and understandable explanation for that aspect of the plot. Kudos to B&K.

ewray321ewray321over 1 year ago

Not a fan of forgiving a cheating wife but in stories like this it ok for me. Great story.

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

Another example of when those wimpy egotistical excuses for men waste their time dumping a partner because of their "pride" only to realise that they made a horrible mistake and end up doing what they should have in the first place.

While this is not a uniquely American idiocy marriage seems to be a proclivity that is very strong within their culture. This is a situation that is less prevalent in more civilised societies

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some of the comments are so filled with bile and hatred, I wonder why the people bother reading tortes when they know there will be reconciliation. As a recovering addict, I am brutally aware of the depths to which an addict can fall and my wife’s love and support are the key reason I have managed 19 years clean.

Toni is a brave woman who saw the depths of hell in her addiction then in her capture by a cult, and she deserves the happiness she found.

BillandKateBillandKateover 1 year agoAuthor

To Anon

Congratulations on your 19 years. We wish you and your wife many more years of happiness. Thanks for your comment about Toni, who we saw as a person who, with the right support and love, could lead a life filled with family and happiness. B&K

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WTF are they back together for?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Again fantastic story, some very sensitive subjects covered. Sadly some of the crayon munchers will never understand.

19 years clean respect to you. Here's to many more.

Simon Masters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When I saw that there was a next part, I figured an pretty unbelievable RAAC was coming down the pipe, but given the author's proven record of good writing and well thought out plots, I figured should be interesting. But this seemed way too easy. The husband after 3 years but virtually zero contact with his ex, is already thinking remarriage. He learns she was drugged by Holland anf Jackson, but it is implied here thatbshe was drugged consistently, whereas in the first chapter that seemed reserved for the orgies. Then by mid-way through the second page, he proposes and she accepts after her testimony. Then there is the break-in and attempted murder and an epilogue. I guess what was missing was some soulful dialog about what happened. The two main characters seemed two dimensional. They should have had dialog of her being drugged and brainwashed. Drugging a former drug addict would have major behavioral effects. Mix in with brainwashing and her depression and you can get some insane stuff happening. But the husband needs to come to better understand that. First they have to talk. Then both go to counseling. Instead they skip right to marriage again. Huh? Lastly, it is stated that Torrie explained why she took Jason and fled. Huh? What did she say? Because the reasoning presented by Holland was exceedingly dumb and nuts. So John just accepted her "reasons" for running away with Jason? Again huh? 4 stars.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

I’m not a gun nut, but given the warning from the feds, not having a gun in his room to protect his family seems negligent. Good thing dad has no qualms. Otherwise, nice recovery by Toni and the MC, and nice story, Bill and Kate.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

After I read she’d been drugged she deserved reconciliation. I really enjoy a BTB ending but then Toni’s case that would have been a tragedy. Good story, good ending. 5 stars.

Bill S.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

This was nicely done as a follow-up to the original story... which needed it, IMHO.

Not quite a true " RAAC", but I thought it to be a 5-star effort to wrap up a story of a very troubled couple.

I thought that once he found out about the drug usage in her seduction he would decide to forgive her more quickly than he did, but ultimately they did find their way back together.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A beautiful well written story! Definitely some highs and lows. The story flowed really well. Thanks for the inspiration 🍃

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Now this is what I called a reconciliation story, dear author you did a great job. No wimpy MC as often there is in this type of stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story with a great ending.

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Not a bad raac, however……. there is still the issue that will forever taint any trust that John has for Toni. All of the things she did WILLINGLY in her experiences with the cult. John will forever wonder if she will run away again with Jason, as she did before, or how she denied him sex, based on Holland’s advice, or many other things. These all woul hurt any trust they have and would never truly be resolved.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories