A Reunion of Hearts

Story Info
A reunion involving characters ten years later.
6k words
4.29
3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been 10 years since she last spoke to him. After many years in the same marriage she had been in at the time of their short lived affair, she decided to reach out to him. It was a truly innocent message, sent to check in on him, as not a day had passed that she didn't think of him. She never moved on from falling in love with him. She'd look through social media from time to time, which only brought her pain. He'd since remarried an old flame from his younger years. Although she was thrilled to see his happiness, a pang of jealously hit her in her chest, wishing she was the one in those pictures beside him. Scrolling through, she read line after line of the beautiful things he would comment about his wife.

Micah was a very loyal man. Hard to imagine as he shared in their illicit affair while married. However, he was no longer devoted to his first wife. Too many fights and ill words had drove them apart and made the relationship irreparable. Now, knowing his nature, the brief message she pounded out on her phone, deep down she knew would never be answered. He would see her name and photo and instantly delete it or even block her, out of pure loyalty for his current wife and love. A few days passed without response.

"As expected," Emily thought as she clicked the button on the side of her phone and carried on through her day. However, one afternoon a week later she got into her messages, finding a reply.

"Hey there! How are you?" it read from Micah.

Her stomach dropped and her heart was racing. She typed back a harmless pleasantry to him, explaining she lived back in Texas, had moved back last year and now had a son of her own. He went on to answer her question about his career and that he had in fact obtained his paramedic license. She was elated for him, as there had been a time he almost didn't pursue the profession and she thought it would have been such a waste to give up. Their banter was light and went on back and forth for some time.

At one point he explained he had recently divorced and moved out to his farm in a camper, living alone and enjoying his solitude. He explained how painful the separation from his wife had been. She one day just told him she no longer loved him or cared for him in the way he did her. This sent him in a downward spiral, he stopped caring about himself, was showing up to work hung-over after drinking himself to sleep nightly. He'd go out with coworkers after a shift and pick fights with strangers. It was a hole he was in even now.

She apologized to him for what he was going through. He was a tender hearted man, she knew that about him and it hurt her to hear how he was struggling. If only she could hug him she thought to herself. She simply added that she was happy for him that he'd found someone but again was sorry what it had turned into. That's all she ever desired for him was to find a worthy and fulfilling partner as he was a wonderful man, very caring and so devoted when he set his mind on something and someone.

Micah also acknowledged he often thought of her from time to time as well. That she was never far from him over the years. She felt her heart soaring reading those words, over and over.

"Could he still be in love with me?" Emily wondered excitedly. Then reality began to set in. She knew it was just her emotions running away with her and tried to keep the conversations casual. Over the next days, they continued to write to one another. He brought up how she used to write stories for him to read. She recalled this and she had written many poems and short stories of them being together or just odds and ends romances she dreamed up. Writing was her escape, though she hadn't written in years for fear of her husband finding it and accusing her of something, or bringing up the old abuse he'd put her through in finding things she'd written in her own confidence years ago and blowing up over it.

That day however, him bringing those past memories up inspired her to begin again. She created an email and began typing up sentences as well as retrieving a notebook. In the notebook she began to write to Micah, reliving their meeting, from his first touch one afternoon when he took her hand to help her out of the back of the ambulance she'd been working on, to moment she sent a seemingly innocent text, then rereading it after his response confused her.

It started when Micah was to take a shift for her one afternoon as she was leaving for a family vacation. As she prepared to leave the office she sent a text simply asking if he was ready to come on for her for the day as she was fixing to leave out. The only problem was it read as follows:

Emily: 1:46 p.m. Outgoing

Are you ready to come on me?

Incoming

Micah: 1:46 p.m. I'll be right over!

She read his messaged confused, and then reread her message, her face falling in her hands, feeling the red seeping out of her cheeks. She tried to respond as quickly as possible apologizing and correcting the message to read the following:

Outgoing

Emily: 1:48 p.m.

OMG. That should have obviously read, "Are you ready to come on FOR me?" meaning the rest of my p.m. shift you said you'd take last week?

Incoming

Micah: 1:50 p.m.

>: - ) I know, I couldn't resist. Yes I'm ready. For both if needed...

From there a fire was lit. She knew her eyes had not deceived her. Behind his sunglasses and quiet demeanor, he had been watching her the days they worked together and he was feeling the energy she felt too when they were near each other. Her giddiness was something she fought deeply to control. It had been three years since she'd been shown any attention and she was desperate for him.

After returning from her vacation, she would look for and switch shifts to be on the same ones he was in hopes of getting called out together. One afternoon it happened and upon returning to the station, the crew dispersed many of them going home as they were all on call, on an as needed basis. They lingered around, closing up the ambulance barn. He stood in the doorway and she closed the over head door and he stepped in. When the final bit of light drained away from the concrete floors and with the stopping of the motor of the overhead door, she pulled the door behind him closed.

Almost immediately he found himself up against the cool metal of the nearest ambulance while her hungry mouth found his. His arms wrapped around the under of her arms while she reached up onto her toes to press further into his lips. She was ravenous, starved for the affection they were sharing. They quickly seized the moment, knowing they needed to stop and leave before they were walked in on. They went their separate ways, speaking when possible and planning a time to meet together. He picked her up one evening in the ally way behind her home. Her husband was out of town, so she would take this first evening with Micah and soak it in. They road about six miles out of town, turning left onto a farm road.

Just few miles down the road lead to his plot of land where he parked his truck and rolled down the windows letting in the end of summer turning into fall air settle in the cab while the dust settled around them. She slid next to him and before either could say anything she was in his lap, kissing him deeply and the night became more intense with each passing moment. He'd not been this turned on by a woman in years, her passion alone for him was enough to send him over the edge quickly but he held out, wanted to taste her before feeling himself slip between her legs which he'd been dreaming over for months.

Micah watched her face, her eyes closed and head falling back as his hands explored her sensitive body. She was gorgeous, with the right amount of weight on her frame, every curve poignant in their turns across her hips and back. She was the sight for his sore eyes and then she moaned. He was fascinated at his ability to bring this out of a stranger. He barely knew her but was using his senses to learn everything he could having her in his truck.

The night went on, eventually leading to both of their bodies turning bare and her almost in tears once she finally came, sweat pouring out of Micah and dripping onto her face and breasts. She was overwhelmed at the intensity of shocks he'd just rocketed through her lower body and the fact he never gave up on her as hard as it was for her to cum that night. She was aroused in a way she had never experienced and once her body finally did give into his, he had to force his cock into her with all the strength of his hips as her climax was so strong the contractions pushed his meat out of her pussy. He couldn't believe how tight she was.

All these thoughts dissipated as she remembered the aftermath once she was finally caught by her husband.

"What am I thinking?!" She spoke to herself out loud.

Emily already felt herself weakening, knowing over sharing was a trait she was not good at controlling. She wanted to scream to him how very much in love she still was with him. Her feelings never changed even when they parted ways. Something always remained and every piece of her wanted to explore it again. He went on in the days ahead sharing how there were so many times he'd wanted to reach out but hadn't been able to find her on social media, to which she acknowledged. For many years she had blocked him to keep herself from peeking at his profile, which would have made it impossible for him to find her.

He also told her during a trip to Florida, he'd almost wrecked the trailer he had been pulling when he thought he'd spotted her on the same highway. She laughed thinking he was full of stories, but if he felt a fraction of the way she did, he would not be lying about that story. It was obvious what he was getting at, and she found herself reeling at the realization that he too had kept their memory deep in his soul and also wasn't going to be shy about exploring it again.

An incoming picture message popped on her screen. He sent a picture of himself, a scruffy face, head under a ball cap. This was how he looked when she first met him. She wasn't sure what to think, he was very reserved but later went on to learn he just liked to stand back and observe his surroundings and the people in them. He didn't look much different, with the exception of few grays blended in the middle of his goatee. She defiantly wasn't bothered one bit by that. She sent a picture back, just of her face, nothing fancy. He'd always been very authentic with her and she did not want to be that woman, filtering every wrinkle, every blemish, ect. His response came quickly.

"You haven't changed at all." His message read in a matter of fact way.

On the contrary she thought, but did not respond back. She felt she had actually become more beautiful over the years. Growing into a woman from her early twenties when he had known her only briefly. She had learned how to style her hair, finally found a casual wardrobe that she tended to stick with and had become quite comfortable in her own skin. She wasn't ashamed. Eventually the inevitable resurfaced about her husband. She had already mentioned in their first few messages that it was her husband's job that brought them back this way, but that things really weren't all that different since she left.

Micah knew what kind of pressure she was under, he knew how things were before they moved away, after her husband discovered a letter he wrote to her that she kept tucked away. Things had gotten really bad for her, the verbal abuse was taking its toll, he was a monster to her. He couldn't see his actions driving her away, even before she'd chosen to have an affair with him. He'd been in a loveless marriage too and they were simply seeking comfort in one another, albeit wrong, without any intention of it being more than just that.

Emily kept up her façade of taking care of her house, her husband's youngest son, paying their bills, working. Nothing had changed in her actions toward her husband but he had sensed a change in her, even though he was drunk every single night. He went through her dresser, through her night stand and eventually found the letter. She came home from work to a crazed man, holding a gun, spitting his jealously and his questions, throwing the letter at her. She knew then she must come clean and she did, immediately. He wanted to know how many times she had been with him, if she used protection, even asked if she was pregnant.

Her head dropped in shame, "Three times. No protection, no I'm not pregnant."

"How do you know you're not pregnant?!" Her husband demanded.

"He has a vasectomy." She stared blankly.

More rage filled him as he screamed at her to call him. She did, in tears. Micah answered almost immediately. She choked out, "He knows, he found the letter, I'm so sorry." Micah quickly asked if she was okay, but suddenly her husband had the phone.

"You listen to me motherfucker; you stay the fuck away from MY WIFE!" He yelled into the phone as threatening as he could.

Emily wasn't sure what was being said on the other end, but she knew Micah wasn't afraid of him and that he said something back, which in turn let her husband know too that he wouldn't be intimidated by him either which only agitated her husband further. He hung up on him and continued his verbal assault on Emily. After several hours passed she retreated to her bedroom to try to sleep a bit before she would have to be up and into work.

It was an awful time and she tried to push those memories away and focus on what was happening with Micah, now. He still didn't care about her husband and didn't consider her his property as he did. Micah knew he hadn't changed, at least not much and he was only interested in this woman who should have been loved and appreciated all this time. He thought very little of a man who considered a woman property and her place to be simply 'beneath' him, cleaning after him and at his beck and call. It was sad. While he tried his best not to judge her, he did understand now having a son of her own, she couldn't just leave her marriage no matter how bad she wanted out. Regardless of what they felt for each other.

Emily was a woman who put so many people before herself and it was something he admired deeply about her. He still felt empathy however and was in a position to be a listening ear and a confidant. They lived almost an hour and a half from one another; he wanted so badly to see her in the flesh but would never ask that of her. She felt the same however, wondering if he too was imagining seeing her the way she was daydreaming about him. She pictured seeing him, them both walking toward one another. He had the gentlest touch, like she was made of precious crystal and he never squeezed too tight.

She lived in this fantasy for years. It was her escape when she thought she couldn't make it one more day in her circumstances. That was the beauty about their short lived friendship and love story though. While her husband thought her affair was simply about sex, he couldn't have been more wrong. There was sex all the time before the affair, but it was just sex. Nothing beyond, no attempt at a connection, no attempt at intimacy. She was groped, talked dirty to and used however he desired and nothing else. The entire stemming of her affair with Micah was the attention he gave her and the emotional connection forged from basic thin air. The affection he showed, everything outside of sex. Their physical affair was simply a byproduct of the love that grew fast between them both.

It wasn't long before he did tell her how much he missed her and that he was sorry for letting things end so easily without a fight. She explained that she understood and because of her love for him, she played damage control as best as she could, turning the heat to herself from him. Micah had three younger children and just before the affair took off, her own step son moved back with his mom. She was so thankful for that because the embarrassment she was caused, her husband showing up to her work, making scenes wherever he could. It would have affected his son severely and he had no regard for anyone other than himself. Micah was very understanding; he knew and was grateful for the sacrifice. He still would have loved to see her walk away and watch the piss ass excuse for a man, she called her husband to have shriveled up to nothing. That's exactly what someone like that does after they lose control of what they think is 'theirs' and theirs alone.

They began to reminisce about their old times together, light banter turning into heavy stuff quickly. She was dying to see him, needed to feel him and kiss him. Her mind racing with how she could sneak to see him. She worked from home and held a part-time job during the week that her son went to with her. She arranged for her son to have a play date with a friend and made up a story about needing to see a dentist outside of their little town.

Once she had the details worked out she asked if she could see him. He'd already shared with her that as far as he was concerned she was welcome anytime and would always have a home with him if she ever needed it. She typed out her message asking if he was going to be off on Wednesday and he was. She then asked if she could come see him, make the drive and that it would be early so as to get as much time in before she had to return to her son or before her husband may suspect she wasn't home when she should be.

He was thrilled at the thought and said he couldn't wait to see her. She left early in the morning and set out for the drive to his little farm, hoping she still remembered how to get there. She did get lost however and had to call him. He laughed and directed her where to turn when it was time and letting her know when he could see the dust trailing her vehicle. Upon pulling in, he was smiling, sitting very relaxed on the steps of his camper, before he got up to stand and waiting for her to exit before he started her way.

"Hey stranger!" She called through her rolled down window.

He continued silently walking to meet her. Her feelings were not as she expected. Her heart was not beating in her ears, her breaths not quickened. It was pure calm, it was the feeling of being home as she leaned into his arms encircling over his shoulders and her face becoming buried in the scent of his neck. She couldn't resist and kissed his neck delicately. He pulled away to look at her as she told him how much she missed him and that she could not believe she was standing with him, feeling him in that moment.

It was natural, him taking her hand, leading her into the camper. She was certain many women would scoff at the idea of meeting in such a place. A man, who'd once owned his own business, provided for his family and had a home in town, now living in a camper, very off the grid and had nothing much by way of fancy things. She didn't care, she understood why he'd chosen this type of solitude and respite from the whispers in town about his second failed marriage and even seeing his ex wife which would send him reeling from time to time down into a spiral of shame and feeling like a failure.

The small space was humble, with his everyday things scattered about. He did not live in squalor however, though he made the comment he knew it was cluttered, she could tell he still cleaned, not like some bachelors. None of it mattered however, she simply wanted to be with him, in any space provided so much contentment. She wasn't a woman who sought for much in material things, this was the life she was in now and couldn't care less. She simply wanted a man to love her for who she was, appreciate her commitment to him and Micah was the only man who every truly gave her these things, even at a distance.

Before they could say much they were in each other's arms again. Lips were locked together, her tongue peaking out to graze his. The man was an ace at never giving too much. She wanted to taste his tongue and he finally gave in, slipping it delicately into her mouth. She moaned into his mouth and he squeezed her tighter. She'd missed the way he held her and her hands were running up the back of his shirt, back down to slip under the waist band of his basketball shorts he was wearing. She wanted to go deeper and grab his ass, but kept her hands at bay. There was no need to rush what she knew would happen in time.

12