All Comments on 'A Reward For Ignorance'

by TheBigLove126

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
epiphany65epiphany65over 14 years ago
Good first effort

I enjoyed this. It was a little too short and needed more build-up and tenion, but for a first story it was well written and drew me in. Also, work on punctuation, especially with dialogue. But, keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great start.

I loved reading this first part, I hope you will continue it soon. If possible could you make the remaining chapters a bit longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not bad, but

Not bad, but you really need to work on punctuation (comma's, etc) and grammar.<p>For instance, one line went <i>It's been a week since Trevor said we'd spend time together, but I've barley seen him</i>. The mistake here is <i>barely</i>. <i>Barley</i> is a plant.<p>Another i saw was <i>I put the disc in and sat down next to her, and through my left arm around her shoulder</i>. That should be <i>threw</i>, not <i>through</i>.<p>I hate to nit-pick because this was a decent story. Not great, but ok.<p>Work on your grammar mostly. Misspellings i can tolerate because shit happens and proof reading is tough.<p>Some people say that others make too big of a deal out of issues like i pointed out. Well, this is a site for stories and i expect writers to do their work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
editor please

use an editor please you used a lot of wrong words HE instead of SHE etc. it makes it hard to read so never post a story with going through a good editor

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
One thing is for damn sure....

...1 thing you ain't is an English major in college! I know exactly where I made my errors in grammar BUT you may not!

marklionmarklionover 14 years ago
Great Start!!!!!

That was the great first chapter in this series. I wish people would read this type of story for enjoyment and not for being an English major. Yes you need an editor but the story was not that hard to read even with the few mistakes. Keep up the good work and don't worry about these English majors.

Ducky7Ducky7over 14 years ago
Great story, well written

can't wait to see what happens with the rest of the evening and summer. Keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well done.

Wonderful story start. I can't wait to read the rest of this story, please post the next chapter soon.

TheBigLove126TheBigLove126over 14 years agoAuthor
Note From The Author

First, sorry for the grammar problems, I always forget to check (probably why I barley passed English in HS). Second off, the next story will be a little bit away (Only got 2 days off the next 2 weeks) Part 2 will be easier to read and, will hopefully blow this one out of the water. Remember this was my first ever post here, can't be perfect.

nippelfansmall2nippelfansmall2over 14 years ago
nice

plz take your time :D

foreplay is to short

reader230reader230over 14 years ago
Wow

I loved your story and I can't wait to read what happens next!

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfalmost 14 years ago
Real fine start, hope you finish...

Yes, some of the english idiot majors were running you down a bit, but you know what? We're all human... I think you did one hell of a job for a first story... Hell, I'm 50 years old and I doubt if I could have done any better... I would most definitely like to see you finish this story, maybe even 2 or 3 more chapters to it... I like the way you've started it out, especially because the brother didn't realize his sisters interest in him... Makes it read "real" to me... I gave you a 5 for it just because I liked it so much, and I don't do that very often...

gwf0706gwf0706almost 12 years ago
More, please

Looking forward to more. I like what you have written so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Love it

Please make more with these people, I loved it

agamottoagamottoabout 11 years ago
Errors? What Errors?

I wouldn't have noticed that there where errors in the story if some anally retentive grammar freaks (and I don't mean the people who offered friendly constructive criticism) hadn't pointed it out first. I enjoyed it so much, I didn't see them. PLEASE continue the story!

beachbum1958beachbum1958about 11 years ago
A little rushed...

There's a good story here, it just seemed a little rushed in places, not enough build-up. Having said that, I enjoyed what was here, and I'd like to see some more, just take your time next time, people like to enjoy the burn as well as the explosion! One other thing, I have to agree with a lot of the commentators here; next time out, get someone to proof-read it for you, the spelling and punctuation sometimes made for a slightly confusing read. Not at all bad for a first effort, onwards and upwards!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic story

Man I loved this story. As a romantic at heart you have the makings of a epic love story between Kristy and Trevor. I hope you'll continue this story and if you do please keep them exclusive to each other, bringing others in always ruins the story. I enjoyed your story and thank you for writing it.

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckover 7 years ago
Next.....

It was very good as long as you tell the remainder of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow....

Really liked this story....but you need to finish

this properly....great start...thank you

TheBigLove126TheBigLove126over 7 years agoAuthor
Redoing the Story

I have submitted a "remastering" of this story. I fixed all the errors, added some detail and added a better ending. This old version will remain as is as an example of what happens when you don't edit a story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTheBigLove126@TheBigLove126
497 Followers
My specialty is writing stories involving celebrities. I've been doing this for nearly a decade. I've stopped caring about what rating my stories get, hence why voting is disabled on all my stories (that, and I received 40 1-star votes on a story I posted 7 years ago in a 12 h...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES