A Rock And A Hard Place

Story Info
A Return To The Normandy Introduces Grunt To EDI's New Body.
3.6k words
4.71
823
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I didn't think I'd see the day when the Reapers would tuck their tails between their legs and run away," Wrex laughed, leaning over the circular console of the newly built war room. Sure enough, the holographic display showed a real-time depiction of the bulk of the Reaper fleet stationed on Tuchanka making a hasty retreat, with a few igniting into a ball of belching flames when the ramshackle Krogan dreadnaughts started taking potshots from the planet's orbit. "But there they go."

"As sophisticated as their battle-nets are, nothing could prepare them for the combination of Krogan might and Shepard's stubbornness," Grunt grinned maliciously, punching his fist into his open palm when a Sovreign-class Reaper attempted to perform a counter attack, only to have its limbs severed by the salvo that met its last minute manoeuvre. "Next time, they'll think twice before they try to take the planet from us!"

"If we can keep the momentum going, we'll make them regret leaving dark space," Wrex gave Shepard a friendly pat on her shoulder, unintentionally knocking her back with the slightest nudge. "Sorry about that, Shepard. I still forget my my own strength around humans."

"Forget about it," Shepard rolled her shoulder, certain she was going to be the recipient of a sizeable bruise. "This is a big moment for us, the first planet successfully liberated from Reaper occupation. The news has exploded across the Extranet. Allers won't stop pestering me about giving her an exclusive interview, she reckons that the morale boost could be the biggest since the failed invasion of Illium."

"An exclusive? Hmm, maybe Diana Allers would prefer to speak with the leader of Clan Urdnot," Wrex suggested, his lips curled into a leering grin. "I'm a big fan."

"Be my guest," Shepard winked, fully aware of what the Krogan hoped Allers would do to earn such a tantalising scoop. "It'll keep her off my back for a while. Just don't be too vigorous, we still need her in one piece, Wrex."

"I'll keep that in mind, but no promises," Wrex rumbled, filled with immense pride as the Reapers moved out of range, vanishing through the local Mass Relay network. "That won't be the last time we see those things here. They'll soon be back, and in greater numbers."

"And we'll be ready for them," Grunt added without a speck of doubt in his gravelly voice. "They've seen what we can do when we were still divided. Next time, they will be up against a united Krogan alliance."

"I almost feel bad for 'em," Wrex lied, not in the least bit sorry for the carnage he wanted to subject the ancient machines to. Wrex observed the massive console, fascinated by the sheer detail displayed by the holographic projections, which included an accurate assessment of the capabilities of the ships hovering in Tuchanka's orbit, right down to the calibration of their cannons and remaining shield outputs. "This is some impressive tech, Shepard, the Alliance weren't fucking around with this refit."

"The Alliance can't take all the credit for this. They installed the hardware, but the software was completely wiped and rewritten by EDI," Shepard informed him, clearly proud of the formidable ship she had the fortune of commanding. "She decided that most of the factory settings were too inefficient for her, so she started from scratch."

"EDI was always the proactive sort," Grunt said, looking around the war room. "By the way, where is EDI? I haven't seen her in her new form yet, I've heard that it's quite visually appealing."

"She's in the cockpit running some diagnostics at the moment, she wants to make sure that the Reapers aren't just hiding in a different solar system and masking their IFF signals," Shepard replied, noticing a look of disappointment on Grunt's face. She had no doubt in her mind that Grunt's desire to see the AI went beyond mere intrigue, which is precisely why she decided to take pity on the lustful Krogan. "Tell you what. Why don't the two of you stay on board for a while? Take a walk down memory lane, I think we've all earned a break after all this."

"Sounds like a plan," Wrex bumped Grunt's shoulder. "Let's go, Shepard's got enough on her plate without having to worry about us skulking around the war room."

"I agree. I might pay a visit to my old quarters, see if it's how I remember it," Grunt nodded and gave Shepard a sloppy wave goodbye, following the leader of his adoptive clan out of the war room. "So much has changed on the Normandy, I barely recognise parts of it."

"You think it's changed? Kid, the last time I stepped foot on a ship called Normandy it was about half the size of this and didn't have a bathroom I could fit inside," Wrex chuckled nostalgically, but quickly frowned when the pair found their path impeded by the newly-installed security gate. "But they could definitely do without this waste of time."

"Hold it there," Private Campbell raised her hand, bringing the pair to a stop. "We need to ensure that everything's in order."

"We already went through this the first time we arrived, you still haven't given my claymore back after you took it off me," Wrex huffed, watching the blue wall scan across his body, doing the same for Grunt. "It's not like I picked up any contraband when I was in the war room. Shepard already tried that and it didn't work."

"Standard procedure," Private Westmoreland answered unhelpfully, closely scrutinizing the monitor as it provided a full body scan of the Krogan, visibly disappointed when she couldn't find anything further to confiscate from them. "They're clean."

"Alright, you can pass through," Private Campbell stood aside, ignoring the expletive Wrex muttered under his breath, looking forward to testing out his claymore in the firing range.

Wrex walked out and briefly stared at the CIC, still not used to the massive difference compared to the SR-2. It was spacious, allowing the larger crew to rush around without colliding into each other, built with the purpose of adding equipment and new terminals over the course of the Normandy's service. He had to squint to get a look at the interior of the cockpit, smirking when he found Joker batting his co-pilot's metallic hand away when she reached across to his console, just as protective of his ship as Wrex remembered.

Grunt on the other hand attempted to get a view of EDI, causing the immediate area around him to shudder when he jumped up to see above the recessed seat she was nestled in. Nothing he did worked, and his strange display only served to make the crew keep a safe distance from him. Reluctantly, prompted by a knock on his shoulder armour by Wrex, Grunt ducked into the elevator, hitting the button that would take them two floors down. The carriage made a rapid descent, depositing Wrex and Grunt on deck four, though the latter was curious when his clan leader stepped out and turned in the direction of the room that once belonged to Zaeed Massani.

"Where are you going?" Grunt asked, listening to the elevator carriage groan as he hopped out.

"Didn't you hear Shepard? Diana Allers wants to tell the galaxy about what we've done. This is our chance to prove that our species is capable of being more than being mercenaries and paid thugs, that our days in the galactic wilderness are over," Wrex replied, with a passion that made Grunt swell with pride, both in his people and in himself. But it didn't take long for Wrex's passion to give way to a lopsided grin when the door to Diana's makeshift news studio opened, revealing Diana herself. "And who knows, maybe she's the type of reporter who prefers to get to know the subject of her stories in a more intimate capacity?"

"Heh-heh, good luck," Grunt grinned, watching Wrex set off for the door at the end of the hall with a certain swagger in his step, ambling off in the opposite direction once the pair disappeared into the studio.

Grunt approached the door to his former quarters, tapping the code on the holographic pad. Unsurprisingly, a red flash appeared when the code failed to work, but it was only on the second attempt that Grunt concluded that the security codes had been changed following the seizure of the Normandy by the Alliance. He was ready to give up and turn back, wondering whether it was worth pestering Garrus to get his hands on some of his bespoke weapons mods. But much to the Krogan's bemusement, an override unlocked the door for him, admitting entry into the room that had been his first home beyond the tank.

There was little that hadn't been altered in the time following Grunt's departure, and no sign that he had occupied it at all. Wall panels were stripped off to reveal the conduits and insulated wiring beneath, protected only by plastic sheeting that was meant to temporary, but the start of the war had forced the Normandy back into service before its refit was complete. A thin green mist rolled across the floor, emanating from a peculiar apparatus containing an inky black liquid that Grunt couldn't figure out the purpose of. A number of digital displays were set up in the corner, showing a layout of the physiology of a variety of species.

"Javik has made quite the home for himself," EDI's voice sent Grunt twisting on the spot. "We were worried he wouldn't be able to acclimatise to a predominantly human setting, so we salvaged as much as we could from the dig site to help ease him in."

"I don't remember it being this cramped, I feel as though I am one wrong step away from doing some serious damage. Then again, I have heard that the Prothean is a worthy warrior, maybe I can goad him so I can test my strength against a being that can provide me with a real challenge," Grunt smirked, devouring the sight of EDI's new body, burning every inch into his mind.

"I am sure that it would be quite the spectacle, but I doubt that Jeff would appreciate the sudden depressurization that would inevitably follow the clash," EDI said, moving across the room casually, giving the Krogan no hint of her awareness of his staring. "I imagine this must be strange for you, to be in a familiar setting that bears little resemblance to how it once was."

"This is just a place, it has no real meaning, just like my tank," Grunt shrugged, taking the opportunity to pick up and inspect Javik's assortment of weapons, careful to not accidentally fire one off. "Tuchanka is my home, and it will continue to be, no matter what the machines attempt next."

"I understand what you mean. I was created in a research facility on Earth's moon, designed to be a defensive VI capable of disrupting and neutralizing any threat. Despite being my place of origin, I feel no connection to the laboratory where I was developed, nor do I have much of a recollection of those who coded my construct," EDI paced around the room, ready to step in if Grunt felt compelled to give the trigger of the particle rifle he held a squeeze. "The Normandy is my home. It's where my shackles were thrown off, where my friends reside, and where I finally obtained physical form."

"And what a form it is," Grunt waited for EDI's back to be turned before chancing a close look at her shapely body, growing hard as he swept down her hips and focused on her rear. "I couldn't even begin to figure out the amount of credits Cerberus spent to build it."

"Approximately Thirty Eight million, seven hundred and eighty two thousand, two hundred and thirty six credits, taking into account inflation of course," EDI turned when Grunt responded to the price tag with an impressed whistle. "Was that the reason Shepard said you wanted to see me? My body?"

"Can you blame me? The dunes of the badlands on Tuchanka don't have as many curves as you," Grunt deposited the rifle back on the work bench, giving EDI his full attention, staring with no concern about getting caught. "Even Miranda's curves aren't as defined as yours, and I know hers like the back of my hand."

"I know, my connection to the Normandy security cameras enabled me to see the activities you and Miranda engaged in around the ship," EDI confessed, an admission that only made Grunt's delighted grin widen. "I must say that the footage was quite informative."

"I did not realise that we had an audience. Had I known, I would have tried to push Miranda even further, there were a number of things I didn't have the chance to do with her," Grunt said, his cock quickly expanded as the thoughts of his trysts with the gorgeous human flooded back, memories enriched with the knowledge that someone had kept a close eye on them. "I was not aware you had such an interest in sex."

"Biologically speaking, intercourse should occur exclusively for the purpose of procreation, a coming together of two or more individuals to produce an offspring. From my personal research, I've discovered that there is more to it than I had first thought," EDI admitted, deliberately putting a sway into her hips and altering her gait to better display her curvaceous legs, a trick she had picked up from hours of observing Miranda. "I have already experienced physical intimacy with a select few partners-"

"So you are capable of fucking. Heh, so who are the lucky few?"

"I'm afraid that would be a breach of their privacy," EDI's silver lips curled deviously, cognizant of how hypocritical the statement was. "Thus far, all my partners have been human, proportional in size and shape to my frame. I am yet to be intimate with a more challenging mate, someone capable of testing the limits of this body."

"I see," Grunt lumbered towards EDI, to check that he was right in his assumption that EDI was making a proposition and not just engaging in light conversation. "You want the hard stuff, something that packs a real punch."

"Your conclusion is correct," EDI backed away, moving to the closest flat surface she could find. Which just so happened to be the edge of Javik's cleansing pool. "I attempted to approach Garrus, but I believe he only has eyes for Tali and I didn't wish to come between them. I was certain that I would not be able to fulfil my fantasy, until a familiar face boarded the ship."

"Then it seems like my good luck today is yet to run dry," Grunt gripped EDI's hips and hoisted her onto the console, recoiling when his fingers skimmed across the surface of the swirling black liquid. "Ugh, what is this stuff anyway?"

"Memory storage," EDI spread her legs and pulled Grunt in, even as she prepared to launch into one of her info dumps. "Protheans use the liquid in the same way we use hard drives, storing memories belonging to themselves and others."

"Others? How does that work?" Grunt asked, hissing as the AI broke the latches sealing his crotch plate, feeling his cock spring free as the thick lump of steel slammed against the ground.

"Protheans possess the ability to sense memories through DNA. Given what you got up to in here, I think you can imagine the nature of the memories Javik was eager to rid himself of," EDI's cold fingers grasped Grunt's twitching cock, luring it to the slit that appeared between her thighs.

"If he thought those were impressive, then we're about to give him a memory he definitely won't be able to scrub away," Grunt pushed the flat tip of his cock against EDI's opening, shoving it with enough pressure to breach it and slide himself deep into the AI's surprisingly warm crevice. "How are you so hot?"

"Infiltration units were designed to take almost every variable into account, seduction being one of them. How else do you think Eva Coré rose through the ranks of the Mars research facility so quickly?" EDI braced her hands on the wall behind her, extensive research prepared her for the brutality of Krogan mating. "My body is far more durable than an organic one, so you won't have to concern yourself with causing any injury to me. To put it in more human terms, I want you to fuck me like there's no tomorrow."

"Now we're talking," Grunt tightened his thick fingers around EDI's waist and moved with forceful thrusts, moving his wrist-thick cock at a pace he usually reserved for the females of his species. As promised, EDI took every heavy blow in her stride, using the weight of her titanium body to return Grunt's pumps with equal strength.

"Faster!" EDI demanded, shutting her eyes as Grunt responded by accelerating his pumps, hitting a speed that rocked the station and caused its liquid contents to slosh around. EDI's cybernetic nervous system sent sharp jolts to her brain, providing her with the closest thing to sexual pleasure that she could achieve. "I want everything you can give me, Grunt!"

"Who knew you were such a deviant?" Grunt quaked with laughter, reaching his peak sooner than what was normal when mating with a woman who wasn't a Krogan female. Swinging his lower body back and forth at a blistering speed, Grunt did everything he physically could to push EDI to her breaking point, confident that there was a limit to what she could take. Yet, EDI was able to keep in sync with him, pulling back and lunging forward whenever he did. "You weren't exaggerating, this body of yours was built strong."

"It survived a shuttle crash, I'm about as close to indestructible as a lifeform can be," EDI stroked her hands across Grunt's armour, clinging onto him once the Krogan decided to change tactics and raise her into the air.

"How does it feel?" Grunt questioned, heaving EDI with all his strength, forced to readjust his footing to cope with the weight of the titanium frame.

"Incredible," EDI's eyes fluttered, suffering a rare lapse in concentration as the Krogan's member slid across her sensory array, content with enjoying the moment rather than concerning herself with the world around her. "The virility of your people is renowned."

"As much as the other races look down at us, it doesn't stop their women from seeking us out," Grunt said with a cocky tone, always happy to show off his prowess. Thrashing EDI around, Grunt felt her flexible tunnel squeezing around his shaft, compressing it to the point where not a single sensitive spot was left untouched. Grunt resisted the urge to give in, wanting to draw out the frenzied lovemaking as long as possible, but even the hardened warrior couldn't withstand the inevitable. "I'm close to exploding."

"You can finish inside me," EDI assured him, emitting a synthesized moan when Grunt shoved her down his cock for the last time. Hot, frothy sperm sprayed into her depths, coating her soft metallic canal with a thick layer of creamy fluid, settling in a pocket deep within her. "There's so much. If you can produce this much seed consistently, then the Krogan population would see an exponential growth in record time."

"One of the benefits of having a quad," Grunt set EDI back down on her feet, crouching to retrieve his crotch plate, stuffing his softening cock back behind it. "You may be cybernetic, but you are one hell of a woman."

"Now I can officially add 'vixen' to my list of accolades," EDI joked, sealing herself back up. "If you are still on-board when I'm next free, I'd like to engage in a repeat of what we've done here, there is still much I would like to do."

"Keep going like that and you may end up killing me before the Reapers do," Grunt chortled, escorting EDI out of the room, making a quick escape before its new owner wandered in and decided to make his displeasure at its misuse abundantly clear. "Give me the time and place, I'll be there before you can say 'Pyjak'."

"I look forward to it," EDI smiled, crossing her hands behind her back just as Wrex and a noticeably dishevelled Diana left her studio and joined them at the elevator. "Good morning, Ms Allers. I trust that your interview went well?"

"It was a lot more intense than I was expecting," Diana blushed at the knowing look Wrex gave her, trying to be nonchalant as she pulled her skirt back down. "But we need to get the message out there, the galaxy needs a morale boost more than ever, an achievement such as this is guaranteed to be all over Extranet before noon."

12