All Comments on 'A Sad Story'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 141 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Answer is

It's a fuckin' story, of course it's made-up. Would you rather be looking at a blank page? That sounds exciting.

Good story Sir, it's about time you wrote a few more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Question is

why the fuck is he still with her if he doesn't trust her.

So now we know the entire story was bullshit, and made up so that he could gradually let his buddy down, Carol isn't actually guilty of denying her husband anything or having cheated on him in any way. Since when does a buddy come before one's wife? That's taking bros before hos to an extreme, because you don't have marriage vows to that buddy, and he sure as hell isn't your wife. Hell, his self-pity is pretty fucking disgusting, because he genuinely believes that he might be worse off than his buddy who a> lost his wife b> lost his best friend c> got partially screwed over by his buddy's wife d> got cuckolded e> is on the hook for a serious criminal offense if any evidence comes up. Worse off? BS

That said, it does bring a question of her ethics. And if her husband believes that, the question is again, why is he with her? There is no marriage if there is no trust, and sticking to it for some fucking money is idiotic.

Worse than a cuckold is a wimp who can't live by his own standards of ethics and trust.

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
Very good...

An enabler is just as guilty as the participant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
she is a fucking slut

she disrespected her husband

cut him off sexually

allowed her friend to cheat in her house

and lied to her husband

Divorce her ass and move on. She isnt worth the time of day and her excuse that she loves you is bullshit.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Why

Why do people cheat? It breaks up families, destroys friendships, ends lives. Nobody wins.

I don't fucking know.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
NO MATTER THE OUTCOME

the beginning was lack of communication. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A+++

NICE READ.....bill

that was goood, keep writtin

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
I Can See It

After she shut him out for so long, losing trust after her stunt is not a big stretch.

johnstang2johnstang2over 12 years ago
I beg the differ.....

with you spud65. I know from personal experience what a cheating slut will get in a divorce. I mean ouch....

spud65spud65over 12 years ago
What the F.....

She screwed up he reacted she reacted and got her way. What a wuss. There is no way that a working woman would be given 2000.00 alimony and half of his 401K. Get with the times there Author be a bit more realistic. Otherwise great story.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
1*

Old folks story

saratusaratualmost 13 years ago
I agree,,, with anon

but not with Vickie, she is wrong and so is helping someone else cheat. That also is like saying you believe cheating is OK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice work

Nice to see a character that has integrity. An honor code: "I believe cheating is wrong. So, if you want to associate with me, you may not help others cheat."

There is a reason that for many crimes, there is a related charge, "aiding and abetting."

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
Overreacting?

Obviously. So obviously (what, was he married to Jim? He was married to Carol for Christ's sake, and I use that expletiveto remind you of that Eastern Mediterranean so-called deity and what he preached) that I can't figure what you intended with this story. Again, you evaded an initiating idea! Did you plan a story about an undetected guilty conscience ("Ken" -- AND AGAIN YOU FUCK UP ELEMENTAL THINGS LIKE POV -- having fucked around elsewhere or Carol for having fucked around elsewhere and now Ken suspects because why else would Carol let her best gf use the house)? That last was possible, but implied only in my own imagination as possibly in Ken's.

Shit, do you have such contempt for your own talent?

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Good Story

But I think he overreacted a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Stupid reaction

Strange story. Wife was stupid in letting friend use their house but was he going to let that ruin their marriage. It seems like he is overreacting a bit.

the Ct. Yankee

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Realistic enough

Good story in two different aspects. It deals with menopause and a loss of sexual libido which a lot of us husbands have faced. I have read enough chat room stuff to know that women have the same problem with their husband's loss of sex drive. More so it seems! The hormones did not work for my own wife and I have to deal with her lack of desire. We do not fight over it and though I get depressed forty-five years of marriage overrides me doing something drastic about it. Lack of sexual libido pretty much rules out a wife wanting sex with others so I do not believe this wife was cheating on her husband. That she condoned and assisted her friend in cheating was a huge mistake on her part but occurs with both sexes when they are dealing with personal friends. This story perplexes me and seems to need finishing. Like...why did his friends problems effect his own marital problems so much? Needs something more...

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 15 years ago
Needs a Second Chapter

Liked the Story and it is wide Open that a second chapter to Bring Closure to the Marriage Good or Bad is needed

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 15 years ago
Good story, needs complition

I enjoyed the story both from an entertainment aspect and from a technical one. Nice twist about whose wife was cheating. You should do or write what you feel, but if ever a story demanded a Chapter 2 this one does. I for one would read it. Thanks for you work. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
When you live in an insane asylum you associate

with nuts. The wife of the hero is a braindead piece of nothing. She has no future and she holds back anyone wanting to get ahead. For all three couples the only real solution is divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
OK Dude, You need to get over it

I've read your profile and most of your stories. Yea, Life SUCKS, get over it.

I could write dozens of stories about how my ex-husband fucked me over, but does it do me any good? Being pathetic might get you some attention from a few desperate women, but in the end, we want someone who can get their act together and forget the past.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Good story

This is the author's best story yet. I'd like to see a sequel to this story to address unanswered questions, esp. if they manage to get their marriage back on track or not. The interesting twist in this story is that the wife didn't cheat, but helped her friend cheat. I hope it would turn out in the sequel that she really didn't cheat (too simple and cliched if she did), but how can she prove that to her husband? How can she make it up to him and restore his confidence in her? And why did she help her friend cheat - maybe the friend was trying to drag her down into cheating too?

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 15 years ago
Good story.

I think Carol and Ken were long overdue for counseling if their marriage were to have any chance at all. Carol, by her actions, does not love Ken. A loving spouse will be willing to try to please their partner once in a while, to give the partner pleasure, to show how much love they feel. Simply claiming, "I'm not in the mood," or, "He's treating me like a piece of meat," is very selfish and unloving. Carol surely knows her lack of sex drive is not normal --- she could have gotten a check up to see if anything was wrong, but she chose not to do so. If I'm tired and my wife is up and around and I ask her to please get me a glass of water, she'll do so, to please me, to help me a little, to show love for me. If she asks me to wash the frying pan because she's tired after cooking supper, I'll gladly do this for her for the same reasons. Ken has physical and emotional needs but Carol does not seem to be willing to admit it. Her lack of intimacy troubles her not, and this does not lead her to consider that she might need a check up to find out what's wrong. And of course, on the very day that Ken is showing how much he is thinking about her, how much he loves and appreciates her, and how much he planned to give her a day of beauty and such, he finds out Carol let two cheaters use the house for illicit sex. If Carol can understand her friend's need for sex, why can't she understand her lack thereof is abnormal? Thanks for writing.

FionaVolpeFionaVolpealmost 15 years ago
Agree with previous posters,

make a decision already. He can't trust her and has proven he can live without her, so he just needs to move his sanctimonious ass on. Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Unique and Powerful Story!

In English Tort Law the owner of a property was responsible for whatever happened on that property. How many people are enablers of really bad happenings who push off their role in the matter. I liked the way the husband was told the bad news but what was missing was why Carol gave permission in the first place. She was just getting her own marriage back together. She really can not be trusted. What is really sad is two people who stay together because the are desperate. Excellent story!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
i loved

Great but to the guy that made the comment before, she really broke up 3 marriages Viki and her lover's and you might as well say her own, cause it is a shell of a marriage.

nyminusnyminusalmost 15 years ago
Real different story

I think Carol's husband was right. After all she broke up two marriages by her actions. How can she live with herself.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 15 years ago
Unusual to agree with Risq and Harry but...

They are correct. This is a well written story - both the writing and the plot line. Ken acted correctly with both his friend Jim and his "loving" wife. With this series of events, I think three divorces are the likely outcome.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 15 years ago
Great improvement

Your writing is improving. The shifting POV is still confusing at times. An original twist on the usual, as others have pointed out. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Yes she will be much better off

without him.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
I really enjoyed this well writen story

It's a new twist on a cheating wife story. I think he probably thinks that Carol has cheated on him even though she said she hasn't. How can he believe her? What is it that says she wasn't cheating and that's the reason she didn't want sex from him? The doctor could have given Carol hormones to help her with her change of life problems,and she would have wanted sex again if that was her problem. No I think the way she treated the situation of her friend cheating on her husband and giving her a place to do it was the attitude she took on sex outside of the marriage. If she thought it was alright for her friend to fuck around then she probably thinks that it would be OK for her. It may have been payback for using her friends house when she fucked her lover. That is the conclusion for thinking Carol has cheated on her husband.

He needs to set her down and explain what he believes and have her try and explain his theroy away, prove to him she has been faithful.Chances are she won't be able to convince him of anything except that she is a lying cheating slut the same as her friend................Rich

Risq_001Risq_001almost 15 years ago
Ok, this one I liked

<p>I always hated the comment "Think about it, are you better with or without her?"</p>

<p>I'm sorry but ever since I heard JPB say this years ago I thought it was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And I liked this story as proof of concept for it.</p>

<p>Why? Lets see, she's cheating on you, taking a chance on killing you, or at least giving you a nasty STD, she's sneaking around with another person all while trying to deceive you into believing everything is ok.</p>

<p>And the man in denial always ask "Am I better with her or without her?" Huh? That's like saying Am I better with HIV or without HIV? Am I better with syphilis or without syphilis? And I better being hurt or not being hurt? Am I better with my feelings trashed or without having my feelings trashed? Am I better with self respect or without self respect? Am I better with..... you get the picture.</p>

<p>But this story was good it shows that if you enable a cheater, and you get caught it throws a shadow on you as well. Like if you have friends that are thieves the police tend to watch you closer as well thinking like minds are drawn together</p>

<p>I really liked this story it actually showed consequences for actions, even if you aren't the one who was cheating</p>

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
that's silly

what's the point to the "story" here anyway?

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 15 years ago
A Unique Story

Very nicely misdirected story. All the normal issues about a cheating spouse but told from a different angle, almost as an aside. Meanwhile a good discussion of a marriage in trouble without an outside sex problem. The reality is that most "cheating" problems are other problems first with the outside sex thrown in. The self centeredness and bad judgment shown by Carol caused the same kind of problems and destroyed 3 families even though Carol herself wasn't involved in the sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
powerful and original

I think that the husband needs to get his act together and decide what he wants. If he wants to stay married to Carol, then the two of them need some help, as in counseling. Yes, she behaved in a stupid and unkind and unthinking way--but what she did is far different from cheating on her husband. Thanks, ohio

sirsemegasirsemegaalmost 15 years ago
Decent

Good twist in the story when he told his best friend that it was really his wife. The ending, well he's gotta make a decision, she's right, they can't keep living like that. He's got to man up and get out of limbo here, either trust her, or drop her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
hmmm.....

good story. sad but it makes you think.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
That was very good.

Certainly different from most 'loving wife' stories. The question that the husband has to ask is "Can he live without Carol?" from the evidence of this story I would say yes he can, at least that is what his head tells him. His heart may tell him something else. Good story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
Your best story EVER. easily

wow. this is a great story. The KEY thing is that carol

...after seeing what she was doing to her husband then for some reason Let Vicki and Dan come into her/ Hank's house to fuck.

<br></br>

If THAT action occurred before... when Carol was pulling away... I suppose there would be a certain logic to that.

<br></br>

Think about it... Carol knows she has been a horrible awful mean bitch. Hank moved out for two weeks. They were / are in trouble.... and she does NOT want a divorce.

<br></br>

Carol and Hank meet and they both step away from the abyss and start to move back closer to each other.

<br></br>

So naturally Carol decides to let Vicki fuck FDan in her house... make prefect sense.

<br></br>

It seems Obvious that Vicki was trying to get Carol involved in cheating like Vicki was. The fact

Ducky7Ducky7almost 15 years ago
Yes a very sad ending to what could be

a new beginning. Cut you losses and get a divorce and start living again. This wife is history. You may have to keep the house a while but start living again. At least start dating other people.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Good and sad Story

A perfect example of a chain reaction. Basically it makes little difference that she did not cheat on him. She showed that she had no respect for anyone. In that case she can never be trusted.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous