All Comments on 'A Sad Story'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 141 Comments
Finchy1955Finchy19552 months ago

Us the readers got the worst of it

Minus 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Asshole should divorce Carol

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A fucking cuckold bitch husband

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a crybaby. If you don't trust someone you either call it a day or try to find out if they are trustworthy.

@chasbo38 she'd have to have done something wrong. It's here house and if she want to let her friend use it for sex then that's up to her. Stick your whiney morality up your ass.

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

The signature event comes after months of a deteriorating, almost non-sexist ant sex life which put her husband in a much less accepting frame of mind.

Note that the author does not have the wife ever apologize for what she did. She does excuse her behavior by saying that she did not want to do but her best friend talked her into it. But she never admits it was wrong nor does she apologize for doing it. Nor does she admit that it was wrong to hide what she did from her husband.

She then blames him for all that is wrong in their marriage and ends everything at the same time hiding behind a no-contact restraining order which eliminates any chance of a reconciliation.

Do not know what the author had in mind but it sounds as if she was mentaslly and emotionally easing out of the marriage before she made her first bad decision.

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

Over reaction to a wife's stupid decision but one that did not make her unfaithful to him. He chose his relationship with his friend over the relationship with his wife. His decision was as stupid as her's.

silentsoundsilentsound6 months ago

Firearms from anonymous. Read up chump. Depends on the state but all he knew was his home was invaded. I'm sure he would have been just fine either way as I don't see the two adulterers pressing any charges.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy5910 months ago

Very sad. They all lost.

Schlouis57Schlouis5710 months ago

Tu parles d'une merde comme histoire

usaretusaret12 months ago

What was the reason for writing this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Divorce the bitch. Tomorrow she'll be a cheater like her best friend

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Needs a little homework here. Brandishing a firearm without a concurrent manifest threat to life of serious injury is a felony in every state.

Also, doesn't make sense that he stay and make toxic situation worse. Marital Counseling should have started immediately. HE is primarily responsible, at the end of the story, for the toxic waste dump of his marriage. [I term all of this the "Yeah, that could really happen" test.

The weak elements discussed moved this from a 4 to a three.

Do keep at it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Carol clearly condoned the cheating. She owed it to her friend to talk her out of cheating rather than helping her cheat. Her stupidity is legendary. She isn't worthy of trust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess only a fool should read something called A Sad Story.

I feel like a fool for wasting my time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loath the comments below that give Carol a walk and, in essence, hold HIM accountable. Implicit: Unless she out right fucks a guy all her transgression should be forgiven and he should man up and accept her mistakes with absolute forgiveness and trust.

The only thing I hold against him is,stupid guilt over the loss of his friends friendshop, which was the other guys choice mind, and lacking the guts to just file and move on. Clearly, he was NEVER going to get past his mistrust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How many years invested and better with or without point' s irrelevant deflection from a badic truth:

Without communicstion there is no relationship.

Without respect there is no love.

Without trust there is no reason to continue.

She failed all three aspects. She is self centered beyond a fault with no moral compass.

NOT A WOMAN TO BE TRUSTED!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rather hurried plot, especially the end.

Had my wife allowed her friend to use our bed I think it would be the end of trust for me.

How many,"years you've put in irrelevant and the "better with her than without" is equally innane; if you're constantly unable to trust you have nothing. Carol should have seen her doctor; at least gone so far as that given how her marriage was dying around her. He should have asked her to join him in marriage counseling. The failure of both those actions torpedoed the marriage. All-in-all a tragic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a basket of irredeemable idiots!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

True friends are very hard to come by. wives are even truer friends,and harder to come by. yes Ken's an asshole of the first magnitude. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's a sorry asshole. Did Carol screw up? Yes, she did. Did he have a right to get angry? Yes, he did. However, if he thinks more of a friend than he does his wife and kids, when he held the door open, Carol should have kept walking. He doesn't deserve a family. The world needs to be cleansed of him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Of course as usual the husband is always at fault and any response by the husband is considered extreme and overboard. Carol is never held accountable for her actions. ie emotional affair with her boss, getting in the middle of Vicky's cheating, which include condoning it and helping and supporting it. The of course hiding all of this from her husband instead of being open and honest about everything. Her condoning and helping her friend cheat certainly proves that she approved of cheating and brings into question her own ideas about fidelity in marriage. At no time did Carol ever apologise and accept responsibility fort her own bad behavior and lying to her husband.

The author seems to think that women have no responsibility in a relationship except to be catered to and wooed by the husband at all times. Adult relationship should a two way street with both individuals invested in the relationship and contributing to the relationship. Reciprocated love and emotional contribution are behavioral investments that sustain a committed relationship.To create a reciprocal relationship, both partners need to be able to accept responsibility for that creation. The interdependence of a healthy relationship requires that both people accept personal responsibility. One partner cannot take all the blame while the other partner gives all the blame. Acceptance of responsibility for the creation of a reciprocal relationship takes a high degree of emotional maturity, which takes awareness, time, and personal work to develop

In this story, Ken was doing all the work in the relationship with Carol coasting along with one foot out of the relationship with her emotional affair with her boss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This escalated too much between Ken and Carol. Yes it was a stupid thing to do but doesn't merit burning down their marriage. Vicky was already doing the nasty with Dan and cheating on her husband Jim. Yes Carol showed terrible judgment but it doesn't warrant a separation or divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He over reacted. Sure, he should have been angry, but his wife didn't cheat on him. Who did he love more, his wife or his friend? Get over it, asshole.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Life gives us strange twists. The 40's are such a wonderful age to live thru.

Thanks for you writing.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

2nd time through and again I enjoyed it.

Sadly this anon shows that just because one has reading skills doesnt mean they can read AND comprehend "PATHETIC STORY ....WIMP LIVING WITH THE SLUT WIFE HE COULD NOT TRUST....1 STAR"

Trying to wrap my head around this idiots assessment of the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fucking asshole

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ehhhh LP

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Why must their be a time limit on getting over something pretty serious? If u ask me, take all the time they need because its more logical than a quick decision

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

PATHETIC STORY ....WIMP LIVING WITH THE SLUT WIFE HE COULD NOT TRUST....1 STAR

oldtwitoldtwitalmost 3 years ago

I bet this is so near the truth of a lot of couples problems

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story but I think an over reaction to the situation. Ken was righteously angry but his reaction was to extreme. You and your wife are each others best friends and as such are allowed to make mistakes. Carol didn't cheat on him and only lied by omission. To let a marriage meltdown over this sort of situation isn't real. The worse that should have happened is that Ken elicited a promise from Carol that she would always talk to him about anything.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

good story with a twist. Once you destroy trust there isn't much left.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Quibbles by commenters aside,

the plot idea here is very creative. Well done!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Older comment by rjorda:

["What?" Jim asked. "What the hell do you mean, you started dating her?"

"Just that Jim, I started treating her like I did when we first started dating. "

Jim appears to be talking to himself. The entire conversation is this way. Jim talking to Jim. There is only one mention of "Ken" who I assume is the one telling the story.]

There is nothing wrong with this, except for a missing comma between "that" and "Jim!"

["What?" Jim asked. "What the hell do you mean, you started dating her?"

[The other person (Ken?) talking] "Just that[,] Jim, I started treating her like I did when we first started dating. "

The first sentence ends with a quotation mark, which indicates a change in speaker, to (Ken?), further verified by him directing his comment TO Jim. BTW, I put Ken as a question because it's been a while since I read this, so I'm assuming rjordan is correct using Ken as the other speaker.

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

The storyline was good, but the editing was atrocious. How could the narrative switch from first person to third person, then back to first? Does anyone review this before it gets posted?

A story does not recover from gaffes like that. (And the contraction for “you are” is “YOU’RE,” not “YOUR.”)

But I gave it three stars anyway, because the twist in the plot fooled me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This author seems not to be aware, so I'll try to enlighten : ' do not use 1st then 2nd then third person for the same character'. This is so far screwed up it would take a complete rewrite to make it fair score. So 1* is what it deserves, but 3* is what I'll give it because of the idea and the BTB ending.

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Aiding and abetting a felony is felonious

By facilitating the affair Carol became complicit in the betrayal of Jim and the destruction of his marriage. She either lacks the moral compass to conduct herself appropriately or she is so easily manipulated she could not stand up to her adulterous friend. Either way she is not a attractive person to have as a partner in life. Ken will find far better options once he's free of that ball and chain.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Re.: Carol’s drop in ardor/sex drive —

We don’t KNOW Carol has lost interest in sex. Maybe Ken just made that up to make his fake story more believable to Jim. Now, I kinda assume it’s true, but until slirpuff says otherwise, I cannot be sure that is the case. For all we know Ken and Carol are going at it like rabbits. Just a thought to keep in mind.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15almost 4 years ago

Ken got the worst of it. He didn't get rid of Carol.

Jim lost his best friend too. Time to lose the lady and back up your friend. He is loyal. She was not.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

Time to divorce Carol.

She had lost all interest in sex, was not interested in any form of intimacy, and yelled at him when he tried to make an extra effort with their marriage.

This was all before he found out she fully condoned her friend cuckolding Jim and letting Vicki use their house as a fuckpad.

What possible reason is there to stick around with that bitch? Even before she stabbed Jim in the back, she had pretty much withdrawn from the marriage anyway. If Ken forgave her, he'd return to a sexless marriage with a woman he doesn't even like any more, let alone trust... or love.

The choice is easy. There's plenty more fish in the sea and by ending his shitty marriage to Carol, Ken can get his best friend back again too. The two of them can be each other's wingman and both start dating younger women. A few years later when he's fucking his second wife... a horny 30-year-old, Ken should rename this to "A joyful story".

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again, great story. Others have done stories similar to this, but none have this impact. This one is the ultimate loss of trust story in LW.

superdandy123superdandy123almost 4 years ago

like the story and great setup

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
I read it again! Still 5*****

This story is so well told. It demonstrates how one act of betrayal can spread mistrust and destruction. He really does need to get past it, but if she demands that it be easy then she demands too much.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Okay

Okay so his wife made a mistake letting Vickie use their house,but his reaction was way over the top.Carol should have taken him up on his offer and walked out.That would have brought the arrogant arsehole back to earth.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Good story. Carol was a complete idiot. She knows that now.

Time for hubby to claim his wife back and vice versa

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Except For The Grammar

And spelling I would have given it a 5 instead of a 4. If Carol was willing to cover up Vicki's cheating on her husband's best friend how far of a stretch is it before she decides to cross that line herself? After all she had a built-in ally with Vicki to cover for her. Very good story about a foolish friend, a slut and the destruction of three marriages. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sad

My Ex did the same thing for her BFF .. It Cost 2 Marriages .. Without Trust there can be No Marriage ..

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

So crazy it sounds like something that would really happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The sad part of the story

Is the abysmal grammar.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Okay story

Kind of hard to buy that he would alienate his wife over that mess up. Get a little mad maybe, but to that extreme, no way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That was different...

That WAS different, and I agree with the storyline 100%.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nice twist

Yes this was a sad story, once you lie to cover up for someone you become complicit in their affairs. You also go under that cloud of being faithless. 5 stars.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Wow twist caught and impaled me

Good

Cheat if abet cheaters?

I think so

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Widowedidiot, that name fits you perfectly. Go sit down while the grown ups talk.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WTF

Who is she married to , you keep changing the husband's name from Jim to Ken

widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 5 years ago
Friend?

Something has to be wrong with Ken. Why did it have to be him telling Jim about Vicky? Why not let Vicky tell him herself? Why did he have to tell Jim the same day it happened? I think Carol got the worst of it. With a husband acting like a baby. She should find somebody to pick up the slack her husband is leaving behind.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Great story

A great story with a brutal twist. Guys should just kick both cheating bitches out and start over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Over

Ok so he his pissed off for his wife letting her friend use their house,but his reaction is way over the top.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Excellent story with a great twist.

I found it compelling from the start. Great twist! Thank you.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago

It was good up until you left us all hanging - "I walked over to the front door and opened it" this cannot end pretty.

The more they avoid each other the bigger the suspicions dig in. Get her to a doctor for hormone treatment to get her head straight then either seek counseling to salvage 20yrs or cut your losses and move on.

At this rate they will perfect the love of HATE. Sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A very thought provoking,,

Story indeed. Makes you think what passes for intelligence in some people.

Some people are so stupid they remind you of glow sticks; you want to snap them in half and shake them until the light comes on,,,,,

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Too bad for that sequel.

As a standalone story, this one got high marks from me.

Problem is, Ken's indecision about the state of his marriage warranted the sequel it got, which essentially made him lose the moral high-ground and turned him into the bad guy, with Jim right next to him. When they're clearly not.

In any case, this one's good... its follow-up, less so. Wanna keep on your righteous indignation? Don't read Ch. 02. Just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
3* You need help.

Please proofread your work!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
unreadable

just shitty writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@anon who

How wrong you are. Profile is real and just details some of the facts.

BTB fans should approve. Number of stories on this site have husband outing cheating wife via Internet and everyone applauds. Amarried serial cheating college instructor coerces a male student then ruins his reputation by spreading lies about him

A scam would ask for something...all that profile does is provide info

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@ anonymous who keeps plugging that damn facebook profile

Please stop dude. It's getting really annoying. No one is going to look at that fake page, okay. It is obviously a scam. Anyone who is stupid enough to go to the profile deserves all of the viruses and spam mail that they get.

I think the Literotica staff is asleep on this guy. They should block his IP address.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This is horrible..

Why would you write a story like this? It is simply confusing as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Cheating By Proxie Might Be Better Title

Fair story. But. .'Sad Story'?...Nah.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well this had the wrong Title.

It should have been "Dumb asses are us." There wasn't a decent character in this mess. Talk about your basic group of stupid, non-communicative people. Ugly story.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
WITH ALL THOSE EGGS IN THE SAME BASKET

you can forget about over-easy. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Carol

I agree that Carol was probably cheating, too, with Vicki returning the favor.

My only reservation is her supposed "hormonal problem". If it is real, then why would she fuck ANYONE?

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 9 years ago
The Only Question is Where?!

No doubt that Carol is fuckin' around on Jim! She provides her guest room.some other twat offers up her guest room to Carol. Hey Jim,dump the cunt for a newer model!

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
What a shitty friend

To deceive his 'best friend', only to hit him with a sucker-punch! "It's not my wife cheating, it's yours!" Making him the punchline to a shitty joke. Not only was he betrayed by his slut wife, but by his so called friends too!

As for Carol? She is a cheater too. Covering for, and actively assisting a cheater makes her just as bad and untrustworthy. If she can do THAT, what else is she doing? Why were the 2 cheaters in Carol's house? Motels are cheap and widely available, so why there? Obviously, she was intending to join in!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
horrible.

full of errors. pov all mixed up. unreadable. get an editor or stop posting this crap.

rjordanrjordanabout 9 years ago
Names totally screwed up

I can't believe nobody noticed the problem with the names in nearly the entire conversation in the bar. Take a look at this typical exchange:

"What?" Jim asked. "What the hell do you mean, you started dating her?"

"Just that Jim, I started treating her like I did when we first started dating. "

Jim appears to be talking to himself. The entire conversation is this way. Jim talking to Jim. There is only one mention of "Ken" who I assume is the one telling the story.

Hey, I write here too. I screw up a name here and there. It's easy to do. But in this one, most of the story is like that, and what I can't figure out is in 65 comments, NOBODY mentioned it!

Anyway, Slirpuff is one of my favorite writers, so I'm only ragging on him a little. Shit happens. He's provided so much entertainment that overall, this is small potatoes.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
loved the story

nice way to spring the news. and yes they are both probably cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Like Your Writing

You generally write about cheating wives, not willing cuckolds. That I like. I don't understand those that like to read about willing cuckolds, but if that's their bag, so be it. However, I don't think that there are millions and millions of those willing cuckolds as some have suggested. Many, yes, but not enough to have so many stories in this genre written about.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
a small step ?

From approving of someone else cheating to cheating is no large step.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Who can you trust?

I wonder if Vicki ever returned the favor for Carol?

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
Let me make this one comment. As an RN with over 40 years experience...

Plus, I read Literotica a lot. Men, if your wife is listless, tired a lot, depressed or appears depressed, getting bad hair and does not like sex any more, insist that she get checked by a good MD to see if her hormones are out of balance and if she won't get checked you can leave her then, not before. If the sex falls off without the other symptoms get your head out of your ass and check to see if she is screwing around on you or now has a lady-friend. Ladies, if your husband is always tired, listless and avoids sex, check to see if He is fucking around. Barring that he may have Erectile Dysfunction and is too ashamed to admit it or just too shy to talk to his doctor about it: make him get checked, you probably should go to the doctor with him.

No charge for this very good advice. Life is too short to go the next 10-20 years unhappy. I hate neglected children but be a little selfish, don't sacrifice 10 years of your life just for the sake of your kids, they will know anyway that something is wrong all along. As they get old enough to adjust, then leave. Always support them and visit all you can. Tell them that you and their other parent cannot get along but that none of it is their fault. Be sure to make your kids believe this.

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
A Sad, but excellent, Story

Well written with a nice little twist; a realistic scenario.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 10 years ago
Uncommon insight.

Well done, and well received.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Very Good

Different, thoughtful, and very interesting. Points made about circumstances other than direct adultery destroying a marriage.

TheThinker45TheThinker45over 10 years ago
Too Extreme.....from Ken

Ken's reaction was too extreme. Yes jump in Carols' ass for allowing vickis' cheating ass to use a bed in his house. but all this you betrayed me and my trust, because Carol had a lapse in judgement for a cheating friend, yes I see Ken thinking wow what if that was Carol in bed with Dan, a scary thought for Ken. But seeing that He and Carol was trying to fix their own relationship this only question her trust. (if you did it for her has she did it for you). But sense she hasn't and there is no proof that she has you can't assume she has. But for Ken to leave her and want to kick her out and BTB. To Just simply put it go nuclear. I Think Ken want over board because he saw in his mind's eye his wife getting fucked by Dan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
toss the worthless cunt

she's shown her true colors, and she's not to be trusted

ditch the bitch, and find a better one

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

I couldn't trust her either. Knowing she was betraying or friend, my friend, means she could betray anyone. Trust is gone.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDNT CHEAT

it was unacceptable and a betrayal. TK U MLJ LV NV

imhaplessimhaplessover 10 years ago
Very original, and kept my interest

And I prize originality and interest! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hm

Really... life is what you make it. He chose to hold his wife responsible when he could've just blackmailed Vicki into telling herself... I thought it was like... unique but the main guy pissed me off. Also, if my bff told.me my husband was cheating and her husband enabled it, I'd probably be mad at the husband for enabling it, but not my bff. And to blame his own wife? Wtf! That makes no sense at all. She let them sleep in the bed once, he probably would've done the same, and some people are extremely persuasive...

Anyway .... My rant... it's long. This story just kind of pissed me off yet was intriguing at the same time....

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

No friend of mine would ever expect me to cover for them when they cheat and if I did it to my wife's best friend there would be some major hell to pay.

If you cover for a cheating friend you are probably cheating too.

javmor79javmor79almost 11 years ago
I commented earilier

I commented earlier, but I forgot to mention how clever the twist was. If it wasn't so sad, it would have been comical. When a friend runs into an issue and needs an ear to listen, we often give advice that we know sounds good, but is advice that we ourselves wouldn't follow. I like the quick turn around from, "Be calm and think about it" to "That fucking bitch!" Very good read.

javmor79javmor79almost 11 years ago
Douche Bag

This guy ruins his marriage because his wife help her friend cheat? He's a douche bag. I don't know how many times I've covered for my friends when their wives have called me to confirm where their husbands were. That's what friends do. I bet if Jim was the one cheating he would have covered for him too. I would have been upset with what Carol did, but I would not have questioned my marriage over it.

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
Stupid women

Many women have friendships that eclipse their marriage relationship. They are in a a way cheating on their husbands by sharing and keeping secrets with girlfriends. This is so common and so sickening.

Bill1104Bill1104almost 11 years ago
Don't want to be a grammar cop but....

As previously pointed out this author consistently says “your” when he means “you’re.”

Many on this site have responded to a reader pointing out common grammatical errors with a “so what? It’s the story that counts.” That’s true but I’ll bet that there is more than one that, like me, don't like having their train of thought constantly interrupted with these mistakes. It clearly takes away from the story

I don’t set out to be a grammar critic but when it keeps hitting you in the face, it’s a distraction.

Other than that, this is one of my favorite authors.

Bill1104

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
your does

Not = you're.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

I certainly understand his being upset with his wife and having doubts. But to kill your marriage without solid proof seems silly. Thanks.

HardFeltHardFeltabout 11 years ago
Four star story

It is a sad story.

The husband in this story needs to grow some.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES