All Comments on 'A Safe Haven'

by SirAuthor

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Wonderful story!

5

HighpikeHighpikeover 1 year ago

Beautifully crafted. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Might I suggest an editor? I’ve only just started the story and already there’s a “your” when there should be a “you’re.” And the past tense of “lead” is “led.” Just minor distractions from what is likely a pretty good story. I’m looking forward to reading the complete story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was a common story line, but well executed by the author. The characters were interesting and the development of their relationship reasonable/believable. The minor errors scattered about didn’t detract too much from the story. That said, removing them would improve the flow of the story. Gary’s parents must have been ill, for them to become well-healed. 😀 And the possessive of “it” is not “it’s.”

afosi2604afosi2604over 1 year ago

This is the best story I have read since joining this site. I was instantly involved with the characters and their stories. 5 stars are not enough. WELL DONE!

chetjusticechetjusticeover 1 year ago

Good Character Development. Nice, easy and comfortable. Believable, which alot of stories here lack. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Not an uncommon plot but very well told with interesting characters.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Great, compact story from front to back. As a father of five children, I'm always inclined to ask why no kids with either woman? We had out last at 38, so she was still "in the window". (I get more and more couples decide to have kids, but still...) 5*

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEover 1 year ago

I loved your story! Well paced and romantic in a not "too sweet" way. A grown up love story! What really agitates me is those anonymus "language police" If I read a story that has a nice flow I never notice those thing as I probably "proof" them in my head as I go along. I sometimes mind when a story has a problem with "who is who" in the storyline but why read a story in a free forum if you can't take some typos!!! Keep up your good work. Eagerly waiting for more 5* stories ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks! Excellent read!

reader1000reader1000over 1 year ago

Well-written. Good back stories, and character development. Plot unsurprising but flowed well. The back of your foot is a heel. Spell check gives you properly spelled wrong words. And self proofreading doesn’t do it. You see what you think you wrote. But thanks for a good snowed in romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Already mentioned is the need for an editor or proofreader. There was a lack of dramatic tension. Boy meets girl and they fall in love (rather too quickly, I might add). End of story. I would have expected some issues with her needing to go back to Seattle or him needing to overcome his loss before they moved on. The ending was too rushed. The vocalizations during sex seemed hokey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Her aunt's house was unresolved. And the title implied this was a first chapter of a multi part story.

Having said that, I enjoyed it. And that is the important thing you ask from an author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@LudvigBlomSE

I’m sorry to agitate you. I really admire the authors who provide us with free stories. So, is there anything I can do to repay them? In my mind, when I spot grammatical errors, if I point them out (and the author reads comments) then:

1. The author might simply ignore the “corrections,” which is no big deal. I’ve “donated” a bit of my time to no end.

2. The author might learn from the comment, leading to future stories that don’t have those errors. I envision some authors here honing their craft, which means that they are hoping to improve. I’m trying to help.

3. The author might make corrections to a “master file” of the story (posting the corrected version here or on another site, like SoL).

Simply rating the story without comment seems lazy. How are your comments helping the author…beyond whatever rating you provide? BTW, I gave the story 5*.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 1 year ago

Good story, however I felt the ending was rushed. Only other thing, what was Emma driving, a sedan, SUV, or Outback. Not that it matters in the end, but just out of place. Something an editor might have, or should have picked up on. Will read some of your other works. 4* because of the rushed ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Great story

But missing kids!

paulsubpaulsubover 1 year ago

Well done,so romantic and still erotic!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 year ago

Very good, I enjoyed it. Good job with building up to their union. Angus started somewhat withdrawn, as though deliberately trying not to become emotionally attached.

Emma viewing his photos was brilliant. She determined that he could open up, would be honest with her, not hide behind memories, was willing to let her in. As her attachment grew, Angus was reassured that he wasn’t over-thinking. He built confidence that she truly cared, wouldn’t be put-off by Maggie’s memory, that he could trust her, and his budding feelings were real and not rushed.

I didn’t get a sense of much emotion from either of them, but that’s consistent with a story told from the viewpoint of a man who’s repressed his emotions for two years.

All in all a well written story.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 1 year ago

Having started with your most recent submissions, I have been working my way, haphazardly, through the rest of your body of works. I'm coming to see, first, that most (if not all) of your protagonists are men and those men are genuinely good and decent human beings. Second, that, however checkered their pasts, these genuinely good guys do not, in the course of your story, engage in casual sex. They are skilled and generous lovers, but they don't jump into bed with their romantic partner until the two have fallen in love with other. The sex grows out of and consummates the love between them.

All this is simply to say that I appreciate your perspective and commend you for making your readers better human beings for having spent time with your stories.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

This is a really really good story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story with a rushed ending

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Lol, all wheel drive blows and traction control is only useful if you have no idea how to drive... take the truck:)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSirAuthor@SirAuthor
I've had three different careers and many different jobs. I've been to over 30 countries and 49 of the 50 states, plus 3 U.S. territories. I know several languages and speak two. I've been married twice, once unsuccessfully, and once successfully - and currently. I love an...