All Comments on 'A Second Chance'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

he should have been with dana the whole time.

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 12 years ago
Life is sooo Short!

Get your happiness while you can. You never know what tommrow will bring or if there will be a tommrow. I found out the hard way.

Rob Conner

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thank you

Having recently gone through something similar I appreciate the sense of loss. Unfortunately I have lost track of my "Dana" for some 30 years now.

Thanks for the story it was appreciated.

DarlaJeanneDarlaJeannealmost 12 years ago
It would not of worked.....

If he married Dana, then he would have met Rebecca and possibly felt that he made a mistake. I felt sad for Dana to have been alone the whole time, but she should have let him know....

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
WHAT ONE FAILS TO MENTION

sitting Shiva, IS a jewish wake, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good job

Im glad you ended the story the way you did, and the story was amazing for the most part. You are a great writer. The story just doesn't feel right. It felt like you just broke them up threw Rebecca in the story and it didn't flow well. The story just doesn't work. If you didn't put the epilogue after the original story, then threw in the last part of this chapter( adjusting for age of course) then this would have been one of the best stories on here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
So now they're all gone...

and I miss them already. It was wonderful getting to know each of your characters. Thank you for bringing them to their vivid lives here.

BookPimpBookPimpalmost 12 years ago

A fitting conclusion and liked how you wrapped it up.

sk1ersk1erabout 11 years ago
Well Done!

I enjoyed how you wrapped up the story. I am a hopeless romantic and was touched when Dana and Jack got back together at the lake house. Please keep writing...

smc331smc331about 10 years ago
Well done...

I truly enjoyed it all. Tears, laughter, life. Way more that five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Awesome

Possibly the best thing I've read on this site

kizkizkizkizalmost 10 years ago
I liked the sense of time and closure

I almost think you should have continued straight on covering a decade in a few chapters to provide more of a sense of time and then wrapped up finally with a pretty bow this chapter. Anyway, brilliantly done and definitely evoked some emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Bravo

By far the best thing I've read on this site. I've greatly enjoyed this series, and you wrapped it up nicely. I'd love to read more about the characters in this universe, I'm hoping you publish more soon. Well done.

redbaron172redbaron172over 6 years ago
WOW

What a great sequel to the Lake House..... first time i've read them in sucesssion.... very good job...

SmartCookie56SmartCookie56over 5 years ago
Best story ever

I started with Dana's Side and haven't yet read The Lake House Lessons. I can't wait to read that series.

I was heartbroken at the end of Dana's Side. She knew how much she loved Jack but wanted so much happiness for him that she couldn't convince herself that she could make him completely happy and he could make her completely happy. There were so many times she just needed to say "I love you, Jack" and live happily ever after.

I am so glad that you wrote this Second Chance chapter to bring them together to share the rest of their lives together. I can sleep better now!

bluealseidesbluealseidesalmost 4 years ago

This sequel reminds me of the ending to "How I Met Your Mother".

I am glad to see you continued the storyline and I am very, very happy with the ending. At long last, we finally hear those magical three words uttered by Dana and Jack to each other, "I love you". I have been hoping for that since early in the "Lake House" series as I think it was vital component that was missing from their relationship. I still kind of wish one of them had said it sooner and spurred the other to recognize their own emotions. It always seemed to be lurking just under the surface. I wish the conversation they had at the lake house had taken place much earlier. Their lives might have taken a different direction. But things happen for a reason. And still, better late than never.

Dana still holding onto her outfit from the night she thanked Jack for helping her pass physics may seem like small detail but I think it says a lot more than it appears on the surface.

I had some suspicions in the "Lake Series" epilogue that Jack was not quite correct about why Dana was unmarried. This installment and "Dana's Side" pretty much confirms it.

All in all, I am glad to see them finally together and happy.

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

What a wonderful finale to a great love that endured a marriage to Rebecca his soulmate and then with a twist of fate Jack and Dana were back together again, this time for the rest of their lives, happily ever after. Well Done. 5 + stars

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Excellent wrap up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous