A Serpent in Paradise Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Geoff headed up the stairs, feeling pleased with himself; yes, he had lots to do tomorrow, but everything was going very well.

*****

In the luxurious flat he had specially built for himself on the top floor of the headquarters of his business empire, Albrecht Haller was entirely alone. This was normal for him and, on the whole, that was the way he liked it. However, this evening his mood was dark. He was far from sure he was doing the right thing, but he had weighed all the possibilities and chosen the best from a bad selection.

Ultimately, his goal was the betterment of mankind and sometimes to achieve noble ends hard decisions are necessary and sacrifices have to be made. That the sacrifices were to be made not by him but by others was regrettable but, unfortunately, inevitable. He consoled himself with the thought that it was for the greater good. He was sure that Klaus would have approved.

*****

In Chapter 5, Katya, Matt and the girls travel to Hawk Castle while Georgia and Carly go to see Haller and finally learn the truth of his plans, but Haller and Mills' agreement also comes into effect.