All Comments on 'A Shoulder to Cry On'

by CaffeineFetish

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love Murder Mysteries

Glad I stumbled upon Criminal Affairs probably about 6 months or so ago. Also very happy you continuing on the series in many different ways.

Stolen Initials

FljimFljimover 4 years ago
Surprised!

and thank you! I love this series. I appreciate the quick follow up to the Irishman. Your character development is terrific!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Only just found your stories, plowed through most of them in the last few days. Keep going please their great.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Excellent continuation

As a big murder mystery fan, I really enjoyed this story. The plots were good while the characters were excellent.

Well done.

lastman416lastman416over 4 years ago
Nice Work!

I was super happy to see another story from you! I enjoyed this one immensely. While reading, I recognized that one of my guilty pleasures in shared world stories like yours is when new characters give their perspective on characters that have already been established to the reader, and then you upped that enjoyment when you included your "I Dare You" characters! (If you included any "14 Hours" characters I missed it.)

I think I like the format where you post a story all at once rather than a chapter at a time. I'm sure that it's easier to go back and amend chapters this way, which I imagine is helpful if you're writing a mystery, but I also realize that you don't get the ongoing feedback and support when you drop the story all at once. Whichever works better for you, obviously, but I did enjoy reading the whole story at once where my memory was less tested trying to keep track of all of the characters.

Random Thought: I've seen other users with a shared world post a reading order on their Biography page of their stories for new readers. Just a thought.

Kosova_guyKosova_guyover 4 years ago
Excellent storytelling

This is a fantastic series. I so hope you continue. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Incredible!

Wow so good... Interesting good read

I am probably blabbing right now, but am thrilled...

The story is worthy of Hall of fame topper...I love the cameo of my favorite character "Mads" in this series ..'

Keep'em coming

...Godian...

brownmobbrownmobabout 4 years ago
7 Year time leap

Are you planning on filling that time gap soon ?

love the series, pace is awsome no boring parts, moves along nicely.

Thank you for writing these stores.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So well written

Loved this thanks. More please :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Desperately needs proofreading

I have thoroughly enjoyed your storytelling in Criminal Affair / Sorority / Irishman / Shoulder. However, your stories have possibly the worst spelling, grammar, word choice, etc. that I have encountered on Literotica or anywhere else. There are editors who volunteer to help with this and ask nothing in return but thanks. If your knowledge of the language is this bad, just ask for help. It was so bad that I had trouble at times guessing what you intended the sentence to say. Among other things, it looks like you use a voice transcriber that has no idea which word fits the context. PLEASE, GET SOME HELP. It will make your stories that much more enjoyable. In spite of this complaint, I've given you five stars every chance I've had. Thanks for sharing your gift.

Barry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Would have been busy as an editor for these stories, lol, even though I'm not one!

I don't often comment but I enjoy reading yours the most, so I thought I should. Great reads, keep em coming.

stealthwaspstealthwaspover 3 years ago
Great story with excellent nuances

You excel at making your characters likable but flawed. I make it a point to not bring my personal politics and views into other people stories. I like when characters are a little misogynistic or man haters. It allows you to show all that's involved when coping with trauma or recovering from mistakes. For example, most authors would've had Midge only bother by men touching her. They would've ignored the fact that a woman set her up for the attack.

Lastly, I hope you don't address the time skip.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

I only recently discovered your writing. Now, the mission is read everything! Excellent storytelling, with quite interesting characters. Thank you.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

This story universe really is outstanding work. Every significant character has depth and a believable personality. They have flaws. Their lives are complex. It’s enjoyable, and thoroughly engaging to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I really like your characters and twisty plots...

but a thorough proof reading is sorely needed. Having said that, c’mon Dude, it’s the future! Where’s the flying cop cars and iPhone 20’s that have been hacked to emit mind-controlling microwaves?!

Keep it up. Seriously. I mean it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved it but...

I loved this, but who the hell did they charge with murder and have it stick? Could have been several folks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

BOOOOOORIIIIIING!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another gem! Can't thank you enough for bringing me back to the joy of reading.

5+++++stars again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

stunning matt mccloskey. This was my favourite first time I read through your stuff. Really you shouldn't be able to keep so many plates spinning and then land them plot wise and personal resolution exclamation points and yet the tone is mellow and natural and nothing seems forced. Even more impressed after a gap of a couple of years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

need a little more back story on why the imam was targeted. otherwise far superior story telling than the mean on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Five stars, but get an editor?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I had a hard time staying on top of the frequent POV changes taking place. Although the author always indicates when they happen, most of the text is in a first person narrative form, and I found myself often losing track of which character was the "I" that was currently "speaking". After having to scroll backward more than a few times to remind myself, I started getting so frustrated that it negatively impacted my reading flow and enjoyment of the story.

~

Although I like the story's underlying plot, I became disinclined to finish it, and ended up bailing out. In the interests of fairness, since my troubles are likely more my fault than the author's, I won't leave a rating.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Another fine murder mystery with enough twists and turns to make it very worthwhile reading. Not sure how you kept track of all the different characters as I had to stop at times and try and remember who was doing what and who was fucking who. I did enjoy the story and I'm looking forward to getting into the next one in line. Thanks.

golasgilgolasgilover 1 year ago

You're damn good at this. Thank you for signposting which stories to read first, that was a huge help.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

I really love your stories!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Nice story, second reading. I still question all the homosexual relationships in these stories call me homophobic but that's the wrong term because not afraid of HS or much of anything. I am 80 and still kicking so my generation never really except HS as being normal and if you go by the definition of normal HS relationships are not normal. Among other things that changed in 1969 the HS revolution came along with liberal movement and 'if it feels good do it!" Then there is the transgender crowd and you can all rejoice and move to Washing State. The legislature just passed a law that would allow minors to visit and seek transgender modifications without telling their parents, its true folks. So much for parental rights. You can't even get a tattoo in Washington until your 19. Go figure what they were thinking about. Good writing though...................

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A good story, better than most. It was not as good as the first two I read. The sex scenes were excessive, and unneeded to move the story along. in my opinion, what do your stories need is a publisher. Call Penguin or Random House, you are that good. Panther fan.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thanks once again for a thoroughly entertaining story. I love that the title turned out to be a clue.

The character development is what I enjoy most of all.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a brilliant series - thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For this of us who have a lot of relatives ad friends in law enforcement, the police setting enhances a powerful and enjoyable story.

Thanks to a great author.

The Hoary Cleric

FrenchTomcatFrenchTomcat2 months ago

Again excellent chapter. Not as dark as the previous ones, but the characters are great. I liked Midge a lot: her depths and scars are very interesting and I'd love to see her with a baby.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCaffeineFetish@CaffeineFetish
1386 Followers
ANNOUNCEMENT: I've just published the first book of the Chase Kramner series on Amazon Kindle. The Sorority will likely be on the site in a few days, under the title "The Last Snowman" under the author Joshua Wise. Get yourself a digital copy and leave an honest review. The ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES