All Comments on 'A Simple Act of Charity'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
qarlcueqarlcueabout 4 years ago

This reads like a feel-good movie storyline. I got lost in Austin’s head and heart, and Jenna’s too when it switched perspective. I found myself rooting for them as people and as a couple. Naturally, I was telling Austin to stop being an idiot and communicate with her. While the plot was predictable, it didn’t feel insulting. It seemed like the ability to tell what would happen was part of a carefully crafted plan. Romantic comedies are usually predictable, and as a fan of the genre, I don’t really mind, as long as I can enjoy the people and get lost in the story. In fact, what makes this particular romance work so well for me is that I was emotionally involved with the characters, and forgot the storyteller, which is always a good sign for me. The ability to foresee made me feel part of the action, as a subjective insider, rather than watching objectively as a critic and uninvolved observer. Well done. You obviously have natural writing ability, but you’ve also clearly developed your craft. Sorry for the lengthy comment and thanks for an enjoyable escape.

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 4 years ago
Lovely story

Very nice, with a great build up. Thanks for giving us the whole story at once.

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 4 years ago

Lovely. Thank you.

G5902G5902about 4 years ago
Great story!

This was a wonderfully romantic story! Early in the story I almost moved onto another story TWICE because I did not like the “repayment “ part of the story. When you can see that the story is well written and it is nine pages long you get a sense of confidence that it will balance out in the end. Thank you for sharing such a great story!

KinPAKinPAabout 4 years ago

Just what I needed tonight to lift my mood...a good story with a happy ending for everyone.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 4 years ago

Thank You!

I haven’t even read it yet, but I wanted to rush to comment on posting your story in its entirety instead of dribbling it out so it loses its flow. I really appreciate reading a story the way it was meant to be read. Thank you. Now back to the beginning . . .

BruceWoBruceWoabout 4 years ago
Chicken Soup for the soul

Congratulations. Your best story yet. 8 stars. A worthy winner of awards. You should be proud.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

A very good story. I gave it 5 stars. I liked the premise of the story and the characters. I think you did a good job of showing them and their flaws. I liked the flow of the story and the was you brought them together. I would think this new type of story for you should be considered a success. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I’m sorry

Well written and interesting. What I didn’t like was the total improbability of her giving a near total stranger a BJ just for clearing the snow. Took the enjoyment of the story right away. Way too long.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
Nice

Excellent story, well rounded off at the end.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
Nice one!!!

A totally enjoyable story...great characters...easy to follow...liked the ending!

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinabout 4 years ago
Nice Romance

Thanks for writing this great story about good people sacrificing for others for no other reason than to just be helpful. Finding each other in the process is just icing on the cake. I liked the length of this story and the pacing was excellent as well. I hope you create more of the same. Now I’ll check out your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice read

A bit longer that what I normally like to read but once started, I could not not put down my iPad. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This story had me wanting

MORE! I started this story about three times before I committed to reading it. I am not sure why except that I seemed to start it late in the evening. Then I went back to it today and couldn't put it down. That's the kind of story we all want.

Re: Anon from yesterday, I doubt McKinsey really would have considered putting herself through the AIH process at that point in their relationship. It appeared that she was already looking for a way out.

Sometimes good deeds get good results, that's one of the reasons we give stories like this 5 stars.

detroitdave

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckabout 4 years ago
That is more tan five stars worth.

I really loved the story. Please write more, soon.

BadbeagleBadbeaglealmost 4 years ago

Excellent story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Perfection

Another amazing story, nothing else to say

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
What about artificial insemination?

I liked the story, but, like a previous commentator, I kept thinking why the couple did not try artificial insemination. That nagged me throughout the story.

I also would have liked to know whether the couple had more than Ben -- the story was unclear, although that may have been an intended mystery.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Really turned into a good heart warming story.

Yanbrun82Yanbrun82over 3 years ago
Another one!!

Omg. I'm still reeling from the last one I read earlier from your work. Very heartwarming story indeed. Kudos. You pulled at my heartstrings again. Keep it up!

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 3 years ago

Loved it

That is A cracking good story. This old fool has tears in his eyes.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Not bad at all

I guess there's nothing new under the sun because by the time I made it down to the bottom of page 1 the whole plot was laid out and it just took 8 more pages to wrap it up. I do agree with the comment that artificial insemination would have been the next step or even IVF although that can get expensive. The people were all good souls and functioned well in their roles. I am particularly pleased that our hero didn't blurt out: "Are you sure it's mine?" when Jenna shows him the pregnancy test strips.Well worthy of a 4*.

nkdoldmannkdoldmanover 3 years ago
What a wonderful story!!

This is the perfect love story! It is extremely well written and it flows smoothly from the beginning to the end. In case you cannot figure it out, I LOVED it, so much that it has become my personal favorite. Just a personal note: my Wife and I have been married for over 50 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful

This is a really wonderful love story. From the begining till the end the story flows like river. It got its sadness, happiness hatefulness and ebds with a lovevablefamily. Definitely a more tgan 5 star.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More please

This is a beautiful and romantic and lovely story. The story line is simple yet full of drama, love and romance. This is my fifth time reading it. Hopefully you can give us more. Definitely a 5 star ✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟. Thank you for such a wonderful story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 3 years ago
Absolutly Wonderful!

Very good, very good indeed. Thanks so much for such a good read. Just what I needed to overcome a bit of the Winter doldrums. At my age Winter is getting to be a bit of a PITA for me to get around so with my activity level a bit down I have more time to read and work on hobbies. Reading your lovely romantic story today gave me one of those "lifts" we seniors appreciate so much. Thanks again and with a big KUDOS to you and your wonderful active mind and writings.

clearcreekclearcreekabout 3 years ago

great story. the second one of your stories I have read and it will not be the last

EmotionalEmotionalabout 3 years ago
great

A perfectly put together story, thank you!

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story,but how come they didn't buy each other Xmas presents the first year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She came over and gave a near total stranger a BJ for clearing the driveway? So far beyond the realm of possibility to be comical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty good story. There were a couple of places that stretched credibility quite a ways, but for the most part I thought it was very believable. And enjoyable. Thanks to the author for it.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

Loved it... was not so enamored with his breakup style.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For the folks that questioned the "repayment' aspect. I don't think the blow job was ever just "repayment" for snow shoveling and leaf raking. I thought the author gave us lots of hints about that aspect. Plenty of women like giving blow jobs. (Hard to imagine since the ones that hate them really broadcast that opinion, though sometimes only after they have their guy trapped.) He got along great with her father and took time to sit and talk with him. She had no time for a regular dating relationship. She probably thought he was attractive from the start. She would be sexually frustrated with no boyfriend and really no prospects. She got to know him a little, liked what she saw and saw no barriers. And she knew him enough after the cookies and booze that she knew he wasn't going to make a move - when he said he was quiet, she replied "I know". And President Bill said it really isn't sex anyway. So she had her icebreaker, doing something nice for him in return for him being great to her family. And it worked out quite well for her. However, to be on the safe side, just in case snow shoveling turns her on, he probably shouldn't let any other guys shovel snow for her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed most of it. But the pregnancy announcement and reconciliation felt rushed and overly dramatic. They didn't talk like people who've gotten close they talked like people from bridgerton, with over passionate airs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another winner!!!

Thanks again for sharing.

5++++ stars!!!

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerabout 2 years ago
WOW!!!!

This was a really nice story and I loved every minute of it. Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work in the near future.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Another amazing love story from a amazing author. Every time I read one of your stories it provides such great reading entertainment. This story was well written with great characters. Well done 5++stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

good story!...

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961almost 2 years ago

very nice story I really enjoyed it the only thing that could have made it batter is if the ex wife had a series of very bad relationships the cold blooded woman deserved nothing better . sorry solid five

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sweet story.

Master_JonesMaster_Jonesalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story. Definitely will read more of your works.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

What a great story. Second story I've read from this excellent Author! 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS!

gpspringergpspringerover 1 year ago

Promise me that you’ll keep writing just like this. You have the knack, the story is erotic, heart warming, great story line, good choice of character types and good ending.Promise me you’ll keep writing

PileatedWPPileatedWPover 1 year ago

I didn’t read all the comments but side with the the criticism that the “payment” for help could have been handled in a more positive way. He could have said I would love to accept your offer but only if I can reciprocate. I really enjoy your writing and will continue reading your stories.

olddave51olddave51over 1 year ago

5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Since I believe in Karma:

It would be a kick in the head that McKinsey finds that she can't carry a child to Term (secondary infertility)😔. She then reads that Austin & Jenna announce having a bouncing baby boy👶 about 8 months after their their wedding announcement (she can do the math)😧.

striker24striker24about 1 year ago

Amazing story! Well written and full of emotion. It's too bad Austin was a dumbass, even though all's well that ends well. It seems like there's too many stories where men are stupid and/or oblivious. It seems commonly accepted to view guys as stupid but people need to realize sexism works both ways (possibly more than two ways nowadays, we need to be more inclusive). Enough rant, this is easily a 5 star story.

I'm grateful Austin had no hatred for his ex and didn't seek revenge. It just didn't work out. 'Before starting on a path of revenge, first dig two graves.'

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICabout 1 year ago

What a beautiful romantic story. The best kind!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Thank you for a lovely story. And special thanks for letting Robert have a long life after his bone and lung cancer!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A hallmark romantic special?

MoustacheSmugglerMoustacheSmuggler8 months ago

This was lovely, but I think it would've been nicer if they overcame his infertility together rather than it just magically going away. And what was up with Robert talking about grandkids if he knew Austin was infertile and wanted them together?

I offer that as constructive criticism. It was a lovely story and I thank you for it. Beautifully written.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurer7 months ago

I think many commenters, like the Austin, are confusing low fertility with infertile. Austin wasn't infertile, it didn't magically go away, he just had low fertility.

Good story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fantastic

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Sweet. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is a five star story despite some awkward wording.

kaotic2kaotic24 months ago

I loved this story so much. Thank you for writing it.

myassisdraginmyassisdragin3 months ago

Loved it. I know all to well the depression of finding out you can't be a dad,my first wife was just like Austen's, except she started cheating on me. I have since remarried and we adopted a set of twins....

tinfoilhattinfoilhat3 months ago

To me blowjobs and licking pussy is sex. Sex is not just intercourse. When did these views happen? I'm an old fart and will be 65 in April.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

I haven’t finished the story, but I was really enjoying it up until Austin’s “I think you know why” the first time Jenna is in his room. He went from a great guy to a high school level horn dog — it seemed very out of character for him and really cheapens him and calls into question what you’ve been trying to build for him. ( Jenna’s decision to give him sexual favors is kinda weird, imo, but the case can be made.)

I’ll read at least a bit more, but the story is now working from a deficit. :/

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

OK, now that I’ve read the whole story, Austin has been redeemed, even if he was a bit of an idiot (x2) along the way.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...