All Comments on 'A Simple Case of Infidelity Pt. 04'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 206 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Could you make him more of a dickless wimp? Everyone and I mean everyone is running his life, his job, his marriage, I'm surprised he could feed himself and pay for things. I like the writing but I can't even finish this travesty. I imagine that there are people like this in the world but they get what they deserve and I don't need to read about it. Let nature sort them out.

IEnjoyEroticaIEnjoyEroticaabout 1 year ago

"L Shaped rods" really?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love it. Adverse comments are justified but I love it. 5 Stars except the first chapter where I felt like shouting “Cheat” but have enjoyed the slow moving build up to him taking her back. Menopause and depression drugs can be a real life changer.

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

The MC must have been a right bastard because no one and I mean no one, not his family or friends had his back, they all sided with the slut wife. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

can't believe his boss put her as a temp before him as a valued employee. He should have transferred or quit or made her life miserable at that job risking getting himself fired.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, Francis is such an Alpha male.

So Alpha that he lets everyone walk all over him.

/sarcasm

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a messed up story

Please don't waste your time. All four parts are justifying adultery. Highly recommend to skip all.

robinhodrobinhodover 1 year ago

I've tried. I've really tried. I got to page 3 of this bit, but I just can't take any more. I'll have to move on to another story. So slow. So much DETAIL. What does it matter what make of chainsaw he uses?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am enjoying reading the story. Really good plot development. Leslie is a cheating, lying, dumbshit slut. I ask myself if I could forgive that behavior, and even if I could forgive could I let her back into my life. That's a tough question. Thank you for the story.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Taking too bloody long

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

This is so saccharine it is moronic. Not even worth skimming.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Like everything of yours I read, it's a five star read. At the risk of presuming too much, to take the Leslie of the first few parts and lake her into a little lost sheep is a pretty good accomplishment. It still looks from what we've had revealed so far that she still only returned to hubby after her loverboy dumped her all over again after she wrecked her marriage and family for him. That would be pretty tough to take. Fising this is not looking very likely. But you're not done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just another story about a pussy whipped wimp trying to find a way to justify keeping a cheating slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is fucked up.

Kind of stupid.

I'd have hung up on my dad. And gone back to sleep when he was yelling at me from the hospital.

When he called back I'd have said "why don't you call Richard Weatherby to pay for it. Or you and mom like her so fuckijg much old man? You pay for her medical care. I'm divorcing rhe cheating cunt. I'm not paying jack shit for her. Stop calling me!"

And I would have fallen asleep with a smile on my face remembering what a lying sack of shit she was in the motel in West Virginia...

MissMudMissMudover 2 years ago

I can’t read any more. Your “hero” is spineless. He knows what he wants but does what everybody tells him to do. He should have taken the transfer when he had the chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's bullshit. Any man in his right mind would have told everyone to fuck off. Then he should have transferred to another place

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Off the rails by this point. Why don't you just have him beg Leslie to forgive him for expecting her to be faithful and loyal? Why don't you have him acknowledge having a drug addict raising and caring for his children has been wonderful and uplifting their character? Why don't you have him cut off his own balls and serve them to Leslie pickled, with carrots and hummus? Not funny, not compelling, and not believable for a normal human being. It appears Leslie knows her man, and fucked him when he came back to her while she sidelined her pussy husband. Obviously Leslie knows who's in control. Darwin is laughing; Francis needs to be led to the nearest tar pit. Thanks for the effort.

ibuguseribuguseralmost 3 years ago

Nicely done. Your sense of humor is worth 5*.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Another good chapter - on to the finale, I guess! 5*

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Wow, Leslie's well on her way to sainthood by now. The targeted harassment campaign on Francis by damn near everybody who was supposed to care about him was pretty harrowing. Don't think I could ever live in a small town if things got that claustrophobic.

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityalmost 4 years ago
I'm sorry...

...this MC is just a fucking pussy. I would tell them all to go to hell. Kids. Church people. Fucking priest guilting him. And Includung the parents. I did it once in my life. Had to tell my mom (and later) my dad to leave me the hell alone and stop talking about my cheater of an ex-wife. They just couldn't stop meddling. So...we stopped communicating for the next year.

Finally they got the picture and stopped pushing her info at me. Just stopped talking about her. And we were fine again.

This dumbass character as written? Pussy whimp. Let her get her own god damned health insurance. If his dad is so mad? "You care so much dad? You pay for the cheating slut's health insurance then. What part about 'we are getting a divorce' do you not understand dad?"

Well written. Writes good dialogue. Just most of the reactions are not super believeable...and I don't care how great she is. He was born and raised there. He was the one wronged by a cheating spouse. I live in a small, religious town. Everyone is judgemental as hell. It'd take her YEARS to get trust and her reputation back...if ever.

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

Your story makes me laugh. Great characters; some sadness too. As a cancer survivor, I emphasize with Francis's boss. As the brother of two druggy sisters, I know how these things crew people up. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well...

Francis was overwritten..he's coming across as a hapless clown. He was best written in part 1. It's been down hill since then, and this is bad. Still, the other characters are still being written well.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
What an interesting mess

This is getting interesting, the changes in the wife's persona have me wondering what's going on. 22 years of good wife 6 months of slut and now a year of good wife, I'm curious to see how this is gonna turn out.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Poor Francis...

Francis doesn't stand a chance!!! I hate his whole family and town. Nobody gives a damn about Francis or his feelings. He should sell his house, quit his job, send the whore wife divorce papers, and MOVE to another state!!! Tell his family that he NEVER wants to hear from them again...

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Interesting read

If any of you are still mad at how your wife cheated on you I get it. Dirty bitch done you dirty. This is the part about infidelity I hate. How we set ourselves up for failure. Yes, some of us stay true and don't screw around, but human beings were never made to be with just one person. If we were, none of us would look at anyone else, want the validation of someone else finding us attractive or the fun of fucking someone different. The only thing a couple need to do by themselves is have their children with just each other. Yet, I have known three women in my life who had children with men not their husband. And I bet there were more.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Read it again

It’s way beyond him not being a man anymore. He’s not even a free human. He’s been manipulated and bullied into this. Author is that weird kid fryng insects with a magnifying glass. Only Car does it to his MC. Who did this to you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

But if the people wouldn’t stop I’d cut them all off. Leave town whatever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
you really make me wish the charecters in this story were real

If only so I could stab that spineless cuck in the throat for being such a piece of shit

I have a standard reply for asshole couples who want me to take back cheating cunts - i get to fuck their women as many times as the cunt cheated on me, then if they still want to keep their whore after I fucked her I seriously consider their advice

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Still very good

I will go against the majority of comments that I have read and say that I am still enjoying the story. Leslie seems genuinely contrite, but needs to explain it to Francis. It will be difficult if he won't talk to her though. Need to see the finish.

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Crazy

I don't think the story is in a reality of common place but rather written to keep you reading.

In other words I don't think it's very realistic. Not saying this could not go down in a real situation but not the common split up where the ex to be is given a job with her soon to be ex husband, The agony is crazy. Then you have the family and friends helping her like they where knowing she just out and out cheated on her husband and lied like a dog to boot. I haven't read anything about the so called marriage counseling that is to be court ordered during these 6 month separation periods prior to the Divorce is enacted, Good read but unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I feel so angry

Carvohi must secretly be a woman. Nobody with a set of balls could have written the male characters for this pile of cuck crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Madison was a terrible president

The War of 1812 was a disaster.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
You know

I was almost rooting for her. Then you had to have his family, his friends, his boss his church and the whole flea fucking town start shoving her down his throat. Now I want him to tell the whole town to kiss his ass starting with his parents. So no, fuck you on this chapter.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Ugly waste of talent on a crap set of "supporting" traitors. Err Characters

Raacrap

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Howl

Dogs have been put down for less

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So the bitch is more and more entitled and you shoved the dildo further in your heroe's ass...

In a way this story reminds me of Longhorn's Requital. Everyone around is plotting with her to make him takes her back. But while in Requital the cheating wife was jumping some serious hops and doing a lot of changing, the super lying slut here did nothing. Even so she's getting an incredible amount of support from HIS family. Still haven't explained why so.

Good storytelling, VERY disappointing storyline. I suppose you're heading to a RAAC.

BTW, what purgatory time are you talking about? She didn't suffer anything she didn't bring on herself.

billyblazebillyblazealmost 6 years ago
No wonder she cheated . .

If the author's goal was to create a main character that is the biggest wimp imaginable with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever, then congratulations! It's impossible to even root for Francis at this point. Maybe the author was just trying to get a strong reaction from his readers, but my reaction is to make this comment and stop reading such an unpleasant story. I would think that the goal of most writers would be to create characters that the audience cares about. Here, I found myself actively hoping for a bad end for pretty much every one of characters in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This had better get better

...or he needs to kill everyone in his life in the most cruel manner possible. Fuck 'em all to Hell!

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
3.3

Saint Leslie?

When's the Pope stopping by?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Damn dude... When you decide to sanitize a character you don't fuck around... Do you... I'm expecting her to cure cancer any minute now...

-jaye-

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
sorry but why should she be cut any slack

she cheated she lied to him about it, No neglect on his part no infidelity on his part and hes supposed to just say alls forgiven? Id like someone to say why. and why shouldn't he be pissed at the rest of them. if he did it ill bet youd hear a loud chorus of hes an ass she should burn him etc. I'm genuinely curious. about this one.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Excellent storyteller

On to Pt. 5 great, great characters

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A question please

If all of you "cuck shit" haters hate these wimp men, why the Hell do you read these stories. Let me repeat, STORIES. I'm entertained with happy ending stories. I can only assume all of you are looking for avenues to vent your many sexless failures. Just because you have had so many failures and can't keep a woman happy or satisfied (2.5 inch cocks?), these stories are your only ways to vent. Why don't you just check the Cuckold videos so you can better identify. Samson

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
To much hatered here

The amount of anger needed to write such a weak man is unamaginable. You must have been abused by a man to craft him like this. My sympathies for being able to write this story. Who thought we would have a Donald Trump writing in LW. As a public service, could we have you deport yourself maybe to Irag or Niger. Of course this is just personal opinion seemingly held by most others commenting. It’s nice to be in the majority on this one

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 7 years ago
Delusional

Has the author ever come out of his fallout shelter and joined humanity? 1*

notredame43notredame43almost 7 years ago
no way

his family and friends turn on him . cut em all off and move on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Is there a

burn the betrayed genre? Where you just keep piling on the victim until it enters into Twilight Zone territory?

xtchrxtchrabout 7 years ago
I Agree With...!

I totally agree with jocko_smith's comments. He said it best. In the first 3 chapters, the only redeemable character was the husband, AND this chapter took that away. I'm going to try and read the last chapter, but I can't make any promises.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Dug yourself a mighty deep hole

Nothing else will save the story than an totally believable and excusable reason for her cheating, lying, and manipulation. Seriously? The family and town has ganged up on Francis. You have successfully turned her into a victim instead of the culprit and vice versa for Francis. So far Francis has done absolutely nothing to deserve her past treatment or the present treatment by his own effing family and town.

I get forgiveness. I get his parents consider her a true daughter, but why would they take her side? I get the he still probably loves her, but that doesn't mean it is in the best interest for them to be married. She burned that bridge, then took a dump on the ashes.

I'm still waiting for her reason. I'm hoping Francis man's up and tells everyone off and to mind their own business. I am also waiting for Leslie to admit she is sorry to Francis and to everyone else. I am waiting for Francis to be treated as an equal instead of the perp. And finally I am waiting for his family to apologize to Francis for their manipulation and treatment. If my father treated me like Francis's father treats him I would say thanks but stay out of my business or you will lose me as a son.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 7 years ago
???

Wish I could change my score.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
STUIPED

WHAT A FUCKED UP MALE FIGURED YOU HAVE CREATED O RATETING GIVEN

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
You know, really, can we say Stockholm Syndrome...?

I mean what is it when a person is forced to be nice to someone they have reason to dislike for an extended period of time...?

If she believed that one woman had NO excuse to cheat on her husband, is she then saying, "but he should forgive her anyway...?"

Because that's sure as shit what it amounts to here.

Ok, so he loves her. Don't expect he really argued that (I mean in a "I love you AND I hate you" way)....

But loving someone doesn't mean you have to stay married to them or forgive them.

HIS family wants to make her all better - great for them. But to effectively force them back together - and trickery does amount to force in this case - so much for caring what HE wants.

Ok, overall maybe he'd end up less happy with her... But no one knows if he'd have found someone else who WOULDN'T cheat on him AND would make him reasonably happy - And nobody cared either.

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 7 years ago
AMEN jocko_smith

Your commentary is spot on

Good Story, BUT immense distaste for the characters and treatment of Francis

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 7 years ago
Fuck Woodrow and Fuck the parents.

quit and move the fuck away.

Does EVERY asshole in this story think they are supposed to treat the only honorable man in town like a child ? This story really started to suck with all the manipulative assholes. I'd get the fuck out of town immediately and never look back.

I like a reconciliation when it's well done, but this pile-on-Francis is for shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Interesting.

Pretty interesting story.

I still don't have a fucking clue why Leslie threw away 22 years and two kids to be some asshole's slut.

Drugged? Raped? Taped? Blackmailed?

Parental involvement in the aforementioned crimes?

Can't wait to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I like

5*

Ignore the butt wipes, they only get on here to bash people because they are wimps in real life.

I like your stories so please keep writing. I wish I could write but I can't so I read.

Mike

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 8 years ago
Learned something

I hate not knowing so I Googled and learned what "interregnum" meant. Who says you can't improve yourself reading on Lit? I have probably lost a couple brain cells reading a few things on here by other authors. Maybe I'll break even.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Relax, carvohi

These anon's will never stop. They are the reason why I have quit posting on this site, along with a lot of others.

Staff, if they had any smarts, might try and figure something out. This "vasti-fool" whatever and that bunch are ruining this website.

Since I USED to write for here, I can't even post my username, if I dare do that my own stories drop 10-20% by the following day.

carvohicarvohiabout 8 years agoAuthor
to the anon 'Disgusting'...

Do you eat bacon?

Do you eat veal?

And you call me disgusting?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
For GOD Sakes annony you retrad it's only a fucking story

none and no animals were injured in the writing of this story. WTF can't you just reading these LW stories. Why must you put all of thru your insane antics and unreasonable and illogical thinking! You are one sick fucked you man!! This is a great LW story dumbass. And I gave it a 5 to offset your retarded 1 which we all know you give ever damn story you rad on here. Man you really need to seek help! You're out of your fucked up mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Disgusting

This is vicious, cruel writing. Turning his family, his children, his boss, his church, the whole town against him, and forcing him to be in constant contact with a cheating, lying, deceitful, lousy wife. Against his wishes as everyone fully knows.

He is legally separated. She cheated, repeatedly, for months. She lied to him about it, even after she was caught. She hid the evidence. She turned the kids against him, until they betrayed him three times, before he finally had enough self-respect to throw the lying, cheating slut out.

She is a druggy, who is responsible for her daughter's injury. She abandoned her children for six months, only communicating by phone. She continued to see her adulterous lover after running home to Mommy and Daddy. The shit she pulled trying to convince him that he hadn't seen her cheating was despicable. But none of that matters to anyone but him.

This is an ugly story, written by an author who is going out of his way to torture an innocent man, having him completely betrayed by everyone he knows and loves. It's sick. Cruel. Heartless.

I get the feeling the author is the kind of person who enjoys plucking the wings off of flies, burning ants with a magnifying glass, and tying burning branches to a cat's tail. Except all of that is a lot kinder than what he's doing here.

I'm disgusted. When at the beginning of the second chapter the author said to not count on reconciliation or BTB, I figured I'd see this through. I was deceived, and lied to, like the poor SOB in this story.

I guess I'll waste some more time seeing if the guy every gets his pride or self-respect back, or if his parents and children finally see what they're doing and stop kicking a wounded dog. I don't have high hopes after all the reconciliation set-up.

carvohicarvohiover 8 years agoAuthor
To the anonymous immediately above.

There's a lot that's good about 'town life'; some bad too I suppose. I wonder if it's that much different in a big city. I don't mean Manhattan. I've been to Manhattan and I loved it, but living there, I don't know. I read someplace someone said Manhattan is 'in' America, but not 'of' America. I bet the people in the other New York Burroughs would agree with that, a little bit anyway. Other big cities I have a passing familiarity with they all seem like they're a bunch of small towns clustered together.

Most of us, Americans, have the same values wherever we live. I'm proud of that. I mean Harrisburg, Martinsburg, Pittsburgh, Lexington, Kentucky, Oakland, Maryland; we're all the same.

Leslie, in spite of her misdeeds, had been a good girl, and that's what everyone saw.

Thanks for your comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just a comment about small towns

i spent several tears living in NW Maryland back in the 1970s-1980s. (Walkersville & parts west.) Yes, the whole town would know what you had for breakfast, who was steppping out on whom, what your cows ate last week (based on the different fragrances of manure smelt in the morning ( still can't drink morning coffee without smelling in my mind the neighbor's back-40 cow patch which aroma wafted into our kitchen each morning) ) as welll as the whole town knowing which girls and women went out sowing thei wild oats on Saturday night and were in church Sunday mirning praying for a crop failure.

So the author has nailed that aspect of a small town. Here the town supported the wife. I could see Walkersville doing just that. I could also see the town going the opposite diection. It just would depend on the inividual whims of the town at the time.

I'm not going to comment on the rest of the stiry, but from what I saw living in NW Maryland 35 years ago, yes the whole town could take Leslie's side agsinst Francis'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Still interesting Carvohi, but this is drifting into some pretty putrid waters...

Compassion for the down is one thing, don't make Francis go beyond it please.

How could a man feel more alone and betrayed by those around him than porr Francis must feel right about now. OldBearSwitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Send Her Back To Baltimore

Okay, so she got hurt. Even policemen are reluctant to handle domestic disturbance calls. Leslie is woefully unqualified to do what she did. No one in Maryland owes her shit. Send her back to her rich parents in Baltimore. Why aren't they involved here with the hospital bill? They don't have hospital coverage on her? SEND HER BACK TO BALTIMORE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just send her back to Baltimore

Why would he do anything else? It makes no sense to completely change his mind about her because she got hurt. Talk about complete and utter stupidity.

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 9 years ago
Small Town Indeed...

Is Francis being a complete ass! I Love the authors writing!

Don't agree with how Francis is being railroaded by friends and family!

The wife cheated, not just once, but had an ongoing affair. That is hard or almost impossible to forgive for a loving caring husband. Also if Francis is a hot man why has he not had any in counters with other women. Can we have is the stories that the husband does get more sex thsn his cheating wife instead living a life of a hermit !

If there Was a true love involved can the husband forgive, can the wife make it up to him. Perhaps she can help her husband have a free pass or a regular FFM 3sum to ease his pain.

There is always going to recentment if the husband does not get even !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
The railroad has come to town

Good writing - but oh my word! The railroad has come to town, and everyone's trying to get Francis on board. I don't recall much of an "I'm sorry" anywhere so far, but I do remember a lot of lies and denial at the beginning. I'm afraid at a certain point I've had told everyone where to go, then gotten on board the train and left. Permanently.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Leslie cares more about strangers than her own family

She loves to help others but abandons her own family how can her inlaws take her side. What has she done for her family since she is back? She is simply trying to repair her image in the community while further tormenting Francis by making him look like the bad guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
It may be a small town

but it is a big world. If the guy can't find the road out of town, then he deserves all the shit he is getting...or really want her back.

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 9 years ago
Not sure why some see the need to

Be so much of an ass! Love your writing! Don't agree with how Francis is being railroaded by friends and family! She cheated, not just once, but had an ongoing affair. That is hard or almost impossible to forgive.

But it can be done if there Was a true love involved!

xylem69xylem69almost 9 years ago
Unacceptable

It has been 2 weeks since your last installment. Did you run out of juice? Paint yourself in a corner? Find yourself in the same place you put yourself in Revelations. No one is buying your drug excuse here or in Revelations. She was a good wife?? for 20+ years with no evidence of drug addiction. She managed to cheat, lie ,coerce her kids to help and tried to drive him crazy all with a clear mind. To suggest that she was in a drug induced haze at the time and for 2 decades before that without being caught is moronic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
regarding POV

@carvohi

Yeah I noticed the ~~V~~, thanks. What I'm saying is that sometimes I need to read some paragraphs to understand who is narrating, and sometimes ~~V~~ doesn't mean a change of pov. As I said, confusing!

If you could put a name at the beginning when there's a new narrator it would be much better.

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years agoAuthor
A note to all anons.

I only take one commentor's stuff down. If you're an anon and make a comment that cries out for a response you can email me privately by going to my story page, find the contact column and send me something. I will write a response. Quite often it will be a 'thank you' for a thoughtful remark.

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years agoAuthor
To anon 6-18

About changing pov. I put a ~~V~~ and the very next sentence gives a name. That normally signals the pov. Now I can't help you if you're a skimmer.

And I'm having lots of fun with this story. My last chapter is almost ready, and I'm very pleased with it.

The stories after this one are going to be even more fun, but I will promise to put them all up at once and to keep them shorter.

I plan on finishing Revelations too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Please

cut short this thing because it's going worse and worse and I can't take much more.

And it wouldn't hurt if you put a damn name when you change POV. It's fucking confusing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
wtf?

what the hell is this? the world vs Francis? what did he do so wrong that EVERYONE, even his closest family, sides with his lying cheating wife? why every damn one has to meddle? and why is he so spineless?

I'll give you one more chapter to put this crap back on track, then I'm done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love and hate it.

First I like it in that I, like a lot of readers, can see it happening. It's a small town, and everybody looks out for one another, that's very true to the reality of a situation like this.

But, everybody is forcing him to do this and I hate that. Quite frankly, his parents are acting wrong. While they may want him to forgive her, they wouldn't force him like this, even if they wanted to get them together. Because it wouldn't work. All they are doing is making him ANGRY, that's NOT going to go away, and it's not going to get him to forgive her. They are demanding his tolerance and forgiveness of her instead of giving him time TO learn how to forgive her, that will backfire. And it won't be a small explosion either. To his mind, and he's correct, his parents have betrayed him and they are trying to force him to let go of his feelings when he was the one that was betrayed and hurt. If they don't back off, they're gonna kill any chance at reconciliation.

All in all, I think this is a great story series so far but if you close it with a "happily every after" in the next chapter or have the main protagonist just kneel to the pressure of the other characters, this story just won't be as good as your other ones.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your next chapter.

wargameronewargameronealmost 9 years ago
A slice of life

Like the story so far. Unlike the BTB crowd, I can see this happening. Living in small town USA, I have seen both the condemnation of the sinner and the forgiveness. Life is not as simplistic as most simpletons believe it is. The world changes every second of every day. For those who say this doesn't reflect real life, I say who expected airliners to be flown into buildings before 9-11. Your life is what you make it. You can hate or you can get over the hurt and start living again. *****. For all those who have reading comprehension problems, notice I didn't say to forget about why you hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
JUST THE COMMENTS AND NOTHING BUT.......

I have to say that after giving up on this story, I definitely am enjoying it more.

Not the story, the commentary ! A very large slice of life , opinions, life experience. All from persons you,Carvohi, have touched with the story.

You write something that isn't working for most readers, so what!! Like you have stated before, you write for your own satisfaction. That's fair enough . But you make it public, and continue to accept comments. That's amazing.

I have to say you have my admiration for your perseverance and bravery !! This is not the first time you are failing, and it won't be the last. The fact that you keep writing and posting publicly, why sir that is courage!! Unlike others ( Amyyum, dtiversion, etc) you don't shut off the comments when they can blister the thickest skin.

I hope you write something different soon( this story sucks rotten eggs),lol . Thank you for your efforts.

AMerryman

steven857steven857almost 9 years ago
The writting is good

Your writing is good, although having grownup in a small town and as a Presbyterian too, I find it very hard to believe the community and church would accept a cheating whore back into their fold and isolate the husband.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 9 years ago
I gave it a 5 too

good story and FUCK the assholes annony!

faithful101faithful101almost 9 years ago
Hang in there!

I think this story is interesting and engaging, and I can't wait to see how it works out. Please persevere. Don't let the critics get you down. I give this installment a 5.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 9 years ago
Sometimes the guy's the doofus

A very nice chapter- I really like Francis' mixed up inner dialog. Excellent writing; yes there's some typos and grammatical stuff here and there but I don't let the writing police get in the way of a good story. I worry that Leslie is being elevated up to sainthood and Francis will be too stubborn to keep her. I cross my fingers for a happy ending to all this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
going Good

good going dear. its still not predictable. story is quite open to be folded actually. please carry on

Dubby49Dubby49almost 9 years ago
I thought

this chapter was hilarious. I feel sorry for Francis with the whole town ganging up against him and not allowing him to wallow in misery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Maybe, Carvoli,

you are writing a story to disprove your title, but, whatever, I find it interesting and want to see your finish line!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
You Know

Everything about this installment was to put Leslie and her husband back together. I think the next chapter should have Francis meet a new woman. Even though he is now watching Leslie because of the injury I think a new love interest is in order.

We'll see...

cpetecpetealmost 9 years ago
Love it or Hate it

, with over 100+ comments/posts people are getting into the tale. Don't matter if author has hubby go 'Postal" and wipe out the whole town with an AK, or they live happily ever after with tons of grandkids, the fable is getting read/commented at about 3x other LW stories.

Well done!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 9 years ago
5 for your effort and

if the asshole annony hasn't enjoyed the story why the fuck is he she it, IT still reading it, I mean it's CHAPTER 4 you fucking dim witted annony. So fuck off annony, you're the biggest assshole on earth

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozalmost 9 years ago
A simple case of stupidity!!!

Husband deserves what he gets.

And the author too.

1/5 because I can't give 0.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
ugh

Can you please have Francis kill everyone in a homicidal rampage before offing himself?

JounarJounaralmost 9 years ago
Garbage

Stopped reading when his boss hired the skank. This story's plot just jumped the shark and is now completely unbelievable with his kids, parents, boss and the rest of the town on the sluts side.

The saddest thing is the more stories you write the worse your storytelling has become.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
wtf

I keep reading this story hooping to see a human response to the plot. Who in the world will keep up with this how is possible to be the victim after being a cheater for 6 months this is just crossing the point of fiction to become a fairy tale a shame of story and your usual good quality

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 9 years ago
As FD45 said

it's painful to read this story, for a number of reason. normally I don't say much about simple mechanics, spelling, etc.

but if you're writing a meandering, boring, and painful story and adding on to all that you also don't care about proof-reading it before posting, it is really intolerable.

it doesn't seem like you care much about the story or any of the characters; why keep writing more and more chapters. most readers don't seem to care much about the story or any of the characters, either.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 9 years ago
What plane of existence are you living on?

OK You hate revenge stories, I got that . But, you have to write where you can believe SOMETHING!

1) She shits on him and then lies and gets the kids to buy into the lies.

2) His kids, HIS FUCKING KIDS!, shit on him and basically conspire and betray him all through these chapters.

3) Everyone, including his own parents are co-conspirators and ignore his own feelings and pain to get what they think he needs.

4 His own BOSS joins the pack,

Why the fuck do you need a Chapter 5!! In real life with real people (and I KNOW this to be true) Francis would have told his wife, children (yes, parents aren't always so nurturing in these cases) to fuck off and die, threatened his wingnut boss with a law suit for creating a hostle work environment, disowned his parents and moved to get on with his own life! And you have this guy even thinking warmth about ANY of these people?

I like most of your stories but man, this is gone way over the edge. This should have died at chapter 3!

Sorry, you don't get better than a 2 for this debacle.

Chagrined

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I really hate the way his family and the town is ganging up on him. In real life, they are undercutting his grief and his ability to work through his feelings. Whether the author is going that way or not, that is what would really happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Apparently NO ONE in this story has any morals

Wifey pisses all over the marriage, and the protagonist's "friends" and family take HER side ? I kept hoping for ONE likeable character other than the protagonist and came up totally empty.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 9 years ago
The problem with this story

Is that no one is sympathetic,everyone seems to be in LA LA land or worse.She destroys their marriage,and everyone is on her side? His own parents support her,even though she basically shit on their son...is her family paying these rubes off? Or are they chuckle heads who can't comprehend what she did? It is one thing to try and help someone reconcile,it is another to browbeat the victim into submission.

Fiction is,fiction,but if you have a story where the characters don't behave in ways people really do, it loses its bearings. If the author cannot explain why everyone takes Leslie's side, the,story likely will flounder and the resolution will fall of its own weight.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous