All Comments on 'A Simple Case of Infidelity Pt. 05'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 257 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Much ado about RAAC!

Which is ridiculous because the author specifically says this wasn't a RAAC. Also something to consider next time, upstanding people like the author hate it when they are coerced to make a decision against their interests. Which is what this story is about, coercion. Good story, 3*

ibuguseribuguseralmost 3 years ago

Ah... Romance, humor, loyalty...

What more do you want?

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yet another pointless RAAC story where the husband throws out any common sense in the end.

Maybe try writing a normal guy who is capable of moving on. Just once.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 3 years ago

the ending was less than expected. It seemed rushed and really lacked content. It's like space ship landed and reality got on and the story ended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another chapter please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

dumb ass cuck!

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

You write so well, l enjoy your style.

But unfortunately you write about cuckoldry like it’s normal behaviour. You love forgiveness.

Unfortunately, the majority of men and women who are cheated on are NOT very forgiving at all. In fact, they hate. It’s human nature.

One day u will stop dreaming and see people for what they really are and write a story that touches on what real people feel.

I won’t hold my breath though

Scores 2/5

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Amazing that you had to describe so many pages for your cuckold story. That would have been possible on one side too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OK, Sure, Why Not? He has NOTHING to lose. His wife is mentally dysfunctional, so he's going to align himself with a crazy woman. It will serve him and his children right for being so ignorant and indulgent. But that's their problem, for the rest of their lives.

The plot is completely bogus: If the father was rich, and knew he was dying, why wouldn't he leave everything to the daughter and extended family he truly loved and cherished? Why would he leave his religious fanatic second wife in control to give almost everything to the church after he died? And once Leslie was grown and gone why didn't he divorce the religious nut and go back full time to the daughter and presumably wife he truly loved? And why would Leslie give away her $200,000 when her son just joined the military full time so his sister could afford to go to college? Why didn't Leslie give the money to her own children, and relieve the financial burden on the ex husband she supposedly still loved? Why would Leslie abandon her father in law and mother in law who needed her to help them facilitate their retirement and move to Florida? What would killing herself do to help ANY of the people Leslie supposedly loved, the people she supposedly wanted to make things right, atone for her sins, demonstrate she was now a responsible mature rehabilitated woman of virtue? Killing herself would be just as self indulgent and ignorant and destructive as fucking her old boy friend. The entire resolution of this story is ridiculous and unbelievable. What a waste of time. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't care for reconciliations that rely on retconning everything we read at the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What is lower than hate it. What a Cuck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the way he handled his business, like a REAL man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the 3rd of your stories I have read. You have the ability to spin a good,well written tale, but also the ability to make it longer than necessary with irrelevant nattering that has nothing to do with or enhance the story line,if anything bore the reader. Also any fiction to be good rely on realism..a Man/Husband taking her(a cheater) back does not compute. Myself I would lose respect for any husband or wife that would do so. In my 75 years of walking this earth, only 1 instance I know an adulterer was welcomed back into a loving relationship and that survived less than a year. 1 other reunited relationship happened as a matter of necessity and convenience,that one took longer but also did not survive..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Man, I didn't know that this site was used as an coping tool for people's hidden racism. Make's me wonder though about what is truly in a person's heart. Lot's of self-pity, anger, and hatred.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's racist to believe all people of all races can't be racist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A sorry tale told by a knuckle dragging racist POS.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Carvohi brought his couple to a place of change, where everything was new: his job, the location, the children's situations, the parents' location, a lot of things. His characters' imperfections sort of worked out to an ongoing relationship. Nicely done.

I find I don't relate very well to these characters, and that is a compliment to their reality, the reader is made to want to relate to them. But she never evidenced any sort of genuine moral conflict, or distress or even a sensitive conscience over what she had done, neither at the time nor in more of a token sense after. Maybe it was the drugs after all! If these things were internalized somehow and never expressed, perhaps people could be like that. Some groups and subcultures have that reputation! But all the reader sees is just the pain at the consequences. She was having a bad time, so it was just ok to her at the time. No. The final meetup with loverboy in Baltimore, "a celebration". Good heavens. That sticks in this reader's craw. There was nothing to celebrate, just a love backstabbed and a marriage to grieve over and mourn. I find I've run on and written an essay! This author and his story is worthy of an essay.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXalmost 2 years ago

Way too long.

However I disagree with many of the comments : I have seen some couples reconcile after a short affair, not everybody wants to end a life together after so many years invested. It changed them for sure but the ones I know are still together.

justwetwojustwetwoalmost 2 years ago

A tremendous effort. Thank you for writing this. I did not care for it for lots of reasons but you are a terrific author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A lot of twists and turns going nowhere.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The annoying thing about reconciliation authors is that there's never much effort put into the reconciliation. Francis told her over and over again and again that they as a couple was never going to happen. Then a a last ditch effort like the author had run out of ideas he has Leslie take off all secretly with no word to her family and makes then think she's gone off to be alone and off herself. Yeah, right...like narcissists ever go the suicide route. They think to highly of themselves to ever do that. Then of course, Francis has to go on a magical knightly quest to rescue her from herself. Turns out she just fine and just went all Greta Garbo - 'I want to be alone'. Francis, should have just told her...."call your fucking children and let then know you're alright" then got the fuck away from her for good. You never ever take back a cheater who isn't remorseful about cheating. Leslie was entitled and unremorseful to the very end of the story. Not a likable character in the entire story. Can't like a story if there' no one worth while in the entire story.

KiwihunterKiwihunteralmost 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant. What sane man wants to live an empty, lonely unfulfilled life just to say they punished a person who made a mistake.

KiwihunterKiwihunteralmost 2 years ago

Do have to laugh at all the anti reconciliation wombles. They are obviously without experience in the real world. I notice the greatest majority are to gutless to identify themselves

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Where do people come up with these stupid Forgiveness stories! Napalm being drip fed on to her would be too kind!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well, this last chapter was just a complete shit show and pretty much made a lot of the preceding stuff worthless.

Could have been a really good story, but then you froze the characters and never had them advanced either way.

What a sad waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! I just loved it. You finished this story just perfectly. Thank you.

I feel sorry for the readers who are so obsessed with retribution that they won't allow themselves to enjoy all the emotions to go into a situation about which you have written.

This is the best piece of literature I have read on Literotica.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I CANNOT BELIEVE I READ THIS INANE INSANE DRIVEL A SECOND TIME....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And she didn't even apologise ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The writer hates men. She tortured the lead male character right to the end. Disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is some feminism bs. Who is rating these stories? Is it bots !?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Extremely well written but twisted. You turned Leslie from an unrepentant shrew to someone who was clinically depressed due to a childhood that was actually a 100x worse than she realized due to a messed up mother and a monstrous father who sought to drain money from the family for his other sick daughter. Not a surprise that Leslie turned to drugs and had a need to rescue people. I got tired of seeing everyone push him to forgive her, but thr depths of the story and characters continued to play out. Ironically there conversation in this chapter about what happened, really laid things bare. He could not forgive but she was pleading (without pleading) to take him back. She had been manipulated by Richard, torn by illusionary fears of the MC's infidelity, her depression, the drugs, and a deep undercurrent of rejection from her father, with a deeply disturbed mother who just wanted to be a nun. When he visits Annie and gets the real story and the plot reveal, now he knew it was all going somewhere. Though divorced, he could now forgive and it wad time for him to step up to rescue Leslie from her depression. Twisted path to get there but amazing ending. Francis and Leslie will be happy together in Virginia. They both deserve it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And to some of the other commenters: stop throwing narcissistic around. Leslie is by definition NOT a narcissist. That is not why she cheated. And her separation to Baltimore and her gambit with the photos was not narcissism. On that 4th time in a hotel with Richard, she had an epiphany that the asshole had manipulated her and she was desperate to get Francis back but took bad advice from people that she should not come right out and apologize but she be around him, hence her reporting to him for a while before the divorce. Yes she committed adultery three times with an emotional affair leading up to those acts for over a month. But as the plot unfolds there is a lot going on that we the reader and Francis know nothing about. In the end when he hears what her father did to her and her messed up mother, Francis knows only he can save her from her demons, and he steps up. They will work it out. Really complex characterizations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Husband suffers from White knight syndrome. He feels compelled to “rescue” his wife from her fucked up affair and he does so at the expense of his own needs. Such behavior stems from a mindset that perceives the other sex as weak, dependent, absolved of all responsibility for their decisions and actions, and thinks that she will dedicate herself to loving him because of his help.

In relationships, a white knight tends to show many of the following behaviors. White knights are attracted to a needy partner or a partner with a history of trauma, loss, abuse, or addiction. They fear being separated from the partner, losing the partner’s love or approval, or being abandoned by the partner They typically engage in controlling behavior, often under the guise of helping. They maintain or restores connection with the partner by being extremely helpful or good. They describe a sense of “oneness” with the partner. The fail to recognize the partner’s manipulative behaviors. They are easily seduced by the sexual or dramatic behavior of the partner. They evoke strong feelings in the partner in order to avoid his or her own emotional discomfort. They maintain a hope for a gratifying relationship by denying the reality of the partner’s issues.

carvohicarvohiover 1 year agoAuthor

To the Anonymous immediately above "Husband Suffers". You really thought this story through. I appreciate your comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Again, you are unable to understand, or at least write a man who is intelligent and observant. Your stories are very good, but your men are always shallow, stubborn and weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It all boils down to respect.

She cheated because she doesn't respect him.

She'll cheat again because he's still the type of guy that cannot stand up for himself, that talks a big game but will eventually let others run roughshod over him, she won't respect him.

Feel a bit sorry for him tbh. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OMG is anyone as stupid as her to believe the guy has ED so she needs to help him? All at the expense of her family and her own self respect? And her husband keeps her? What a whacked out story. I mean the basics of a stupid women being tricked by an old boyfriend has so much other fluff thrown in! Old family guy helping her because she saved his daughter. Black boss and politicians, old virgina stuff, other family, yada yada.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 1 year ago

The story is good.... The plot is well shown... The plot is well adjusted... The characters are believable... But I still didn't like it.

A man suffering from "White Knight Syndrome" is almost as debatable as the virginity of Mary (Catholicism).

What psychological problems would this man have, allowing himself to be "run over" by everyone, a bitch wife, brainless children, imbecile parents and idiotic in-laws?!?!

I like the author's writing, but I don't like the direction of his male characters.

I have to agree, in part, with the following comment: "Again, you are incapable of understanding, or at least writing, an intelligent and observant man. Your stories are very good, but your men are always superficial, stubborn and weak ."

Forgive me for being frank, but I thought so too. It's okay that the author writes for his own pleasure and delight, and that he doesn't care about the readers' opinions. Well... I also don't give a shit if the author is going to read my comment, consider it, or just dismiss it.

It doesn't bother me either. After all, if he writes and allows someone to read, he must be prepared for feedback, whether positive or not.

What bothers me in certain stories is the inability of the betrayed to turn the dial. Most LW authors prefer to have a man emasculated, humiliated and indulgent with his "evildoers". This trait annoys and disgusts me.

I don't care so much about physical violence, broken bones, crushed or ripped balls, disfigured faces... no!!! It's not about physical revenge, it's about the moral and behavioral aspect. I cannot believe that a man of character and well-formed personality would accept these conditions.

I expected something different... But that would be asking too much.

But that is, and only is, my opinion.

PS: English is not my native language. And it doesn't bother me one bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought this story was excellent! It is very rare to see this level of attention given to the people surrounding the husband and wife in LW stories - so often even when friends and family are mentioned in the story they don't seem to have any character of their own, they're just props to emphasize the themes the author's trying to convey. I really enjoyed the time spent on the feelings, motivations, and actions/impact of the son, daughter, parents, friends and neighbors of the main characters. A woman who became part of a loving family over the course of two decades wouldn't just be dropped because she self-destructed, those who love her would care about her and want to help her. This story did an excellent job of showing how her infidelity impacted everyone around her, and how different people would cope with the changes.

Also, I don't really understand all these comments about him being a white knight and feeling compelled to rescue her - when did any of that happen?

Her husband certainly didn't rescue her from the consequences of her infidelity and drug addiction - it was his family and their community that helped her stop taking pills and rebuild her standing and self-respect. He pointedly refused to give her any more support than the bare minimum they wrung out of him.

He's not rescuing her at the end, either. Remember, everyone thought she had been broken by everything that happened. They expected to find her having committed suicide at the end, but instead they found her chilling on the beach, reflecting on her life. She has accepted what her decisions have lead to. He didn't save her, he finally forgave her.

These comments about him being an 'emasculated man' are just nonsensical. The whole story goes on and on about how much of a paragon he is: everyone in the community looks up to and respects him for his education, character, professionalism, and service. The young girls crush on him, the women his age want to take him as their man, and the older ladies dote on him. The boys take after him, his peers seek his input, and his mentors leave things in his care. He has enough pride to refuse to accept his wife's betrayal or his new boss's lack of respect, but enough humility to, even during their marriage, not see his wife as his inferior despite her history of problems and poor choices, and to respect his friends and family's desperate desire to have him help her heal so they can have their mother and daughter back, even if he no longer wants her.

No, if anything, far from being emasculated and weak, the main character is absurdly noble and perfect, to the point where the story feels truly fantastical at times. But that's okay, because it IS fantasy. Again, an excellent tale. I loved it!

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 year ago

Wonderful writing, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I understand that he still loved her, but after the cruel attempt to gaslight him by denying what he had seen at the motel, and then enlisting their kids against him … I don’t think I could have gotten past that.

AstordatairAstordatairabout 1 year ago

Just Wow! I really enjoyed this. :-)

A 5* ! Thank you for writing.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

Nice ending, but no closure

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He's a better man than I. And you are a better writer than I.

kalash777kalash77710 months ago

Thank you for the story - I loved it. When I read Part I, I had mixed feeling about the wife, especially, considering the way she acted when she had been caught. But then as the story was unfolding I was rooting for her and getting cross with the MC. Until the end I didn't know what's going to happen to her and the author was very good at suggesting that she was dead. Thanks a lot for such a wonderful story! Easily 5 stars! Please keep writing.

steeltiger01steeltiger0110 months ago

Interesting. Not atall what i expected, and it rarely went where i thought it would go. I can't say that I like the story, but it was an experience to work through it.

MasterKoteMasterKote9 months ago

If u were the hubby, would u take her back?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I loved this story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

MasterKote I ask you the better question, if you were her would you take him back? He was a self absorbed prick for all but the last paragraph. He didn’t want to talk about or solve anything. Spent a year making his parents, children and his second father/boss miserable so he could hurt the perfect wife of 20 no make it 22 years at every turn. Best line in all loving wife stories is “How’s that pride thing working for you?”

TheMTOneTheMTOneabout 2 months ago

Anon your definition of Perfect Wife of 20 years is very different from reality.

Cheating on him for 2 years, lying about it for months knowing he was looking into it, naming her son after her old paramour, running away for the better part of a year, coming back expecting him to fix everything in her life when he finally files to be done with the situation, and his family and boss all betraying him by taking her side; yeah, perfect indeed for 20 years minus the above.

Pride can certainly be an issue to overcome, but when you get past a slip/fling into lies and betrayal it is no longer a question of simple pride being affected. The character of those involved is now being called into question, her and all the meddlers, with trust being irrevocably damaged all pride aside.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Read this tripe twice just to figure out why I hated so much. Through all five segments does anyone like the MC? Only the wife who he treats like total crap for a year, never being enough of a man to cut ties just looking for another way to hurt her. A that is the best man in town? His parents and children are disgusted by him for good reasons. Only thing that could have saved the story was having her look at him a say ‘ I would like to introduce you to my husband’

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It's really easy to sit in judgement of a story, a cheating wife and a proud husband. In reading this story I figure the critics I have read in the comments section have never written anything and missed the point completely. The story is well told as it develops and builds relationships to help me feel the emotions and actually the craziness of the families. The wife's mother destroyed Leslie's ability to think through any situation or problem. The father's defensiveness and attack mode was mostly arrogance and fear he would be outed The husband was justified to totally move away from his wife yet stilled cared enough to troop off the Baltimore. Even his relationship with the children reflected he had a heart though broken. It was a reward in itself that they ended up on their own 2 feet. The story as most of your work was detailed and deep. L loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A solid 5 for you!!!! With all the pros and cons comments below YOU most definitely hit a chord from everyone who read youe story. Considering some even re-read the story. Please............. write more!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow. That is a stone cold 5 stars, even on a second time through. And to some of the other commenters below. He went to Bar Harbor and the Beach because she left clues with her aunt, that only he could follow. He realized the truth and the unbearably sh$tty soul shattering discovery that her father had a second family and drained all the money he could for his ailing second daughter, while her mother was a whackjob who just wanted to be a nun, and emotionally abandoned her. He is a White Knight (see comment from a year ago) and he went there to save her again. She had exiled herself, putting herself in purgatory, reading Hawthorne and the Scarlet Letter. Everyone else including her aunt thought she committed suicide. But he took the chance to try to save her again. He had saved her years before and they had a good run, but the reveal about her father destroyed her. And she did the equivalent of cutting herself, but doing it to her marriage, all convinced with her need to be Compassionate and help others, something Richard identified as a vulnerability and exploited. Took a lot of courage and grace to save her again. They will be happy in Virginia. Both characters are not the same person anymore and won't repeat the pain. Again 5 blazing stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It was pretty clear that though she fell for thr seduction, in part because of her pill addiction, depression, menopause, time apart from Franvis being bust, and her suspecting him of having affairs (likely a wedge issue via Richard), not to mention her compassionate white knight syndrome, that the assholendrugged her with Rohypnol every time they drove to West Virginia. Every freaking time. She had difficulty even recollecting about the drive, getting into the hotel, and then the sex. Read her description this chapter, she was at least being low dosed drugged repeatedly, probably the same thing even before those trips. What was really hard to forgive was her lying. What also made zero sense was her going to a celebration with Richard in Baltimore, when she knew after he epiphany that he wss just using her and doing a service her asshole father in return for financial help, because her father didn't want her married to Francis. Wtf? Her mother and father were absolutely toxic and there is no way that didn't Scar her childhood. Then Richard who seduced and drugged and used her in college after her terrible crisis with the Guatemalan families' tragedies, he pulled the same shit here as a quid pro quo service for the father. The same man who probably stole their money in the crash, all to funnel to his family and daughter in Oklahoma. She never had parents who loved her when growing up. It was messed up. All she knew about love was Francis and ger kids and the distorted "love" of being used by Richard (and drugged). When she thought that Francis was slipping away and didn't want her, and under her sedatives (way to go Mom!) And depression, she felt unloved again, and Richard shows up with his seductive bs playing on her vulnerabilities and drugging her (low dose) over and over again. It was obviously an ambush on their marriage to get them to divorce. And Richard got paid well for it. Can't call it rape because it happened so many times and was low dose and she was on other pills. Lord only knows how Rohypnol and things like Xanax and Valium, etc cross-react. She is practically having semi out of body experiences. That is why he used the relaxation techniques in the car to manipulate her. She wasn't hypnotized, he was titration the Rohypnol dosing! No doubt she cheated and had brief emotional affair leading up to those 3 (well almost 4) times in West Virginia. She never knew about the paid ambush via her father. But what still seems really incongruent is her skipping along to go with Richard to a hotel celebration (only her words that nothing happened but seems likely not) in Baltimore, when she realized the asshole was just using her and had lied to her and started all his hinting about the his wife. He had already broken up with his wife! He knew it was Francis. His mission was complete and that is why he didn't push too hard to screw her the fourth time. She was ashamed what she did and sought to bury it. But that killed their marriage. Only the revelations of this chapter show how screwed up she was mentally and why Richard could so efficiently seduce her. The last page or so of revelations are just epic. Wow. 5 stars. Francis saved her again by giving her his love. Thr only real love besides her kids that she has ever known. Top notch writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous