A Skyrim Beast Ch. 03

Story Info
Dastred and Muirie go to War.
6.6k words
4.77
3.6k
5

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/20/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was about to take off but before I could she told me "I'm going with you." I wanted to say no but as if reading my mind again she cut me off. "Don't tell me to hide, I know the people in that city and I will not abandon them. I know you are worried about my safety, but how do you think I feel when you charge into battle? I don't question you because its who you are. Well this is who I am."

She was right, how could I ask her to stay behind after all the times she's seen me charge into danger. She was no longer a frail girl, she was a powerful and gifted mage. That truth should at least put my mind somewhat at ease.

"Alright." I said.

I handed her my hammer. Then leaned down on all fours while she climbed onto my back. I looked back to her and said with a smile "This time you get to be on top."

I galloped on all fours as fast as could without spilling Muirie off my back she held tight onto my fur allowing me to move quickly. After a while I was able to see smoke in the distance. After a few more minutes we came to the edge of the tree line. We stopped there for a moment to assess the situation. In the field in front of the gates of the city the Imperial and Stormcloak armies were engaged in combat. Behind the main battle both sides had mages and archers firing spells and arrows though the Imperials were more effective as they were on the city walls. Much further back from the battle the Stormcloaks had catapults sending fire into the city. Many were dead already, the ground was crimson, and the screams echoed constantly. I didn't like this it was too dangerous even for me. I look to Muiries eyes and I saw rage. Burning unstoppable rage, and I knew she needed this. She needed some measure of revenge for what they took from her.

"Stay behind me, us long range magic." She scowled when I said that, but I smiled because I knew she would love what I said next. "Break them! Burn the flesh from their bones! Make them fear your name! Let your beast run free!" She then smiled her naughty smile before grabbing the fur on the back of my neck, pulling my face to hers. The kiss was not about intimacy or lust she was telling me she wanted me to be a part of her revenge. When we broke the kiss we both gave an evil smile. Then she hopped on my back and we took off to war.

As we approached neither of the armies gave us notice, the battle was too fierce. Right as I was about to enter the maelstrom of blades I leapt with all my strength. Muirie blasted the ground below us with a massive fireball as we landed, blasting both the Stormcloaks and the Imperials back. We landed and Muirie hopped off my back.

"You Stormcloak dogs murdered my family, and I have come for my Revenge!!" She shouted I had never such rage and pride in her voice this was indeed her day. I look to the evening sky and saw the moon let it go LET THE BEAST RUN FREE RIP AND TEAR UNTIL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT!! I howled as reason left my mind I stood, gripped my ebony hammer and charged towards the Stormcloaks. As I approached several fireballs hit the Stormcloak line loosening their formation which is just what I needed. I swung my hammer with all my strength in a sweeping motion. Five heads were sent flying with my first swing, I kept going using the momentum from one swing and moving into another, remembering the techniques that I had practice a thousand times. I swung and swung, my long arms gave me reach that enemy swords and axes couldn't reach through, and my strength combined with the power of my hammer made me tear through their bodies as if they were paper. Arms, legs and heads flew time and again sometimes I was hitting three or four of them with one swing, and the ones I didn't break were blasted by fireballs or skewered with giant ice spikes from Muirie. Logic and reason was gone the beast had control now I snarled and roared while separating their limbs from their bodies one who actually got close enough to put a knife in my ribs. I looked at him and saw sheer terror in his eyes as my jaws wrapped around his helmet and head him scream as I lifted him of the ground and began to crush his skull in my jaws. His coward comrades looked on in awe and terror. When I heard his skull crack his body when went limp and I threw his corpse to the feet of his of his comrades so they could see what was coming for them.

"WE WILL NOT FORGIVE! WE WILL NOT FORGET! ALL OF YOU DIE HERE TODAY!! WE WILL TEAR YOU APART AND FEAST ON YOUR FLESH!!" The beast spoke through me. As I walked towards them with two large storm atronachs by my side I looked back to my love and smiled my toothy grin and she smiled back as her atronachs charged the enemy. My atronach friends smashed the Stormcloaks with their massive stone fists while I continued to remove their limbs. Swinging my hammer even faster with perfect technique such speed such power it was like I had the power of the gods coursing through my veins. The blood lust became sheer unbridled joy truly I had never felt more alive. I realized this was my place. I was born to be on a battlefield. I began to laugh as I continued my rampage.

"WHERE IS TALOS NOW YOU COWARDS! WHERE IS THE WARRIOR PRIDE YOU SPEAK OF! I THOUGHT SKYRIM BELONGED TO THE NORDS! THIS BRETON WHORE WILL SEND YOU ALL TO OBLIVION!!" Muirie shouted both rage and pride ringing in her voice as the Stormcloaks began to encircle her and me but I had no worries as she sent lightning and fire into the enemy. God damn she was amazing every movement confident, every spell precise. She was loving this getting her revenge yes, but more so much more then that. She loved it and loved that I was there with her. I wanted to be close to her so bad so went to her with all my speed with one swing of my hammer I split three Stormcloaks in half when I got to her.

We looked to each other for a moment both of us with smiles of joy and acknowledgment before we continued the slaughter. Back to back we fought me removing limbs with my hammer her with her fire and lightning every second an enemy fell they couldn't even come close. We were unstoppable. We moved in perfect unison with each other, it was almost like we were dancing. In this time I had never felt closer to her I thought I could read her mind the way I often thought she could read mine. When I saw her charging a powerful fire spell I knew what she wanted. With one massive swing I swung over her head and all around us smashing every enemy close by. When I was done with the swing she looked at me with her naughty smile while I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers. Then she released the spell and the fire burned all around us for fifty feet. The screams were the song to our dance.

"I love you, I'd never want to be anywhere then with you right here right now." She only smiled in response to my words, and I couldn't be happier. Looking back up to our enemies it was comical the fear on their faces was clear probably bolstered by the sight of us standing in a field of their dead comrades. I saw movement behind the main force. A group of archers was taking formation targeting us . I moved quickly grabbing two corpses and holding them as shields right as the arrows began landing. The corpses blocked most of the arrows but several got through, in my lower abdomen and legs but I have had much worse. As the archers readied for another volley a thick sheet of ice rose between us. I looked back to Muirie as she prepared another spell. She fired a bolt of lightning into a cloud above the archers which then began a small storm above them and the lightning came down like rain on them, those that didn't die ran screaming.

"Do not fear, there are only two of them. By the will of Talos kill them!" The Stormcloak general screamed his men forward thought he did not move himself. I noticed the sound of Muirie charging a certain spell, a powerful spell one that would end this battle I began to laugh as the Stormcloaks charged around us.

I felt they needed to come to peace with their deaths "You are not fighting for the will of Talos you are fighting for your own greed AND WE WILL SEND YOU ALL TO OBLIVION!!" I charged forward I had to keep them off Muirie for a few seconds... Too easy. I swung with all my might and used the force to make one continuing motion. The first swing took five legs away for the enemies the back swing took five heads. Blades hit me shields shattered armor split and limps flew. That few seconds seemed like an eternity and then I heard her voice

"Dastred!!" I jumped with all my strength back flipping as high and as far as I could. I landed right next to Muirie a storm of lightning in her hands and a smile on her face She looked at her enemies and says "THIS IS FROM MY MOTHER AND FATHER YOU BASTARDS!!" The lightning flew from her hands in the shape of a dragon. It smashed the Stormcloak lines sending dozens flying and enormous bolts of lightning chained through them hundreds burned and screamed in agony many had limbs fall off as they burned. Muirie rose and flashed the biggest grin I had ever seen as a mighty scream rose from the Stormcloaks as they turned tail and began to run.

Me and Muirie couldn't take our eyes off of each other as we listened to the fleeing foot steps of our enemy. We knew how we both felt about this, we knew that this was where we belonged. We approached and felt more connected than ever before. She took my head in her hands and brought my lips to hers. No lust just peace and connection. In that moment I truly felt like our minds were one. Our joyful moment was interrupted but the sound of approaching footsteps. Seriously do we half to go through this shit. I raised my eyes to the approaching Imperials and readied my hammer. Muirie began charging a spell and whispered "Please don't."

I didn't want this to happen Muirie thought of this city as a sort of home and considered some of the people her friends. I hoped it would not come to more violence. The approached slowly clearly very scared and apprehensive the didn't know what to do. They had clearly just seen us win the battle for them, but watching the power of a monster like me and a mage as powerful as Muirie clearly scared them. Don't do it, don't come closer, don't make me do this.

"Stop!" a familiar voice sprang up from the crowd and a familiar looking khajit walked forward. Jazera you beautiful feline. "These two are not dangerous they saved all of your lives. I know these two and I tell you. They saved my life!"

A tough female soldier clearly a high ranking officer walked forward and asked "When did these two save your life?"

"Little more than three months ago they saved me and my caravan including my family." This did little to calm the soldiers who were still on guard. So he spoke again "Many of you know me! Many of you have traded with me! Even those of you who carry prejudice in your hearts towards my people have traded with me! Why?! Because you all know that Jazera is an honest man who lives by honest trade! I have never lied on a trade and you all know that I am not lying now!"

Glances flew through their ranks; many where unsure after a few seconds the all looked towards the lady officer. Who surprisingly smiling as she said. "Well you heard him. These two won the battle of Whiterun! The Stormcloaks are dead and scattered! Ulfrics army has been defeated! This day is ours!" The army erupted into cheers though some still had worried looks on their faces as they sheathed their swords. The lady officer looked to us and said "Come heroes you must meet the Jarl he will want to meet those who saved the city. I am Rikke."

"I am Muirie and this is Dastred." Muirie answered while rolling her eyes with me clearly she didn't trust us and our lives were still at risk. Though she was making a pathetic attempt at pretending. She looked to me and winked.

Rikke began to lead us into the city pretending to be trusting while surrounding us with her escorts. Muirie leaned in and whispered to me as we made our way to the gates "Does she think were idiots?"

"Fear makes people stupid sometimes." I answered. One of the guards noticed our whispers and looked back at us I snarled at him he looked away trying seem like he wasn't looking at us. God the soldiers had no idea how to bullshit.

After entering the city we made our way to the market district when Rikke looked back to us with a wry smile. I whispered to Muirie "Did she just give us that look?"

"I think she did?" She said both of us were dumbfounded.

Another soldier looked back with an arrogant smirk on his face. As he turned away I heard him whisper "Why would a woman like that bed a beast, disgusting whore."

Before I could reach out to snap his neck Muirie said. "Maybe I just know a pathetic little shit like you couldn't satisfy me." At that he quickly turned his head away muttering angrily under his breath. We continued through the city. As we approached the keep I notice the houses became larger and more expensive looking no doubt. One that caught my eye was a massive looking building the roof of which looked like an overturned boat. What I noticed even more of the place was the strong scent of wolf coming from the place. Hunters maybe? But why would hunters have a building of such magnitude? I put the thought out of mind as we made our way up the stairs to the keep.

The massive door swung open to revel a massive room with a large fire burning in the center of it, with long tables on either side standing in front of the fire was the Jarl a man of thinner but still stalky build of a nord with long blonde hair and short beard. To the right him was a Dark elf clad in leather armor, hand on her sword and a burning intensity in her eyes no doubt she was a fighter through and through. On the Jarls left was a thin balding man with dark hair and a thin mustache he looked like he was made of paper and nervous fear in his eyes.

When we got to them Legate Rikke bowed her head and said "Jarl Balgruff these two are the ones I've no doubt you've heard about already. This is Muirie and Dastred." she said gesturing to each of us when our names were spoken. "It is very likely we would have lost if not for them I hope they can be rewarded properly in time but I hope we can accommodate them for now." The tone of her voice made it seem more of an order then a request. "I have no doubt General Tullius will want to meet with these two personally."

The Jarl stepped forward a nervous look on his face "Really... well then... These heroes deserve thanks. You've done my city a great service . By my right as Jarl I name both of you Thane of Whiterun it's the greatest honor that's within my power to grant. I would like to grant you ownership of the vacant breezehome near the entrance of the city. We would welcome you here should you choose to make Whiterun your home." He looked to the mustached man to his left and said "Proventus cloaks." Proventus had a shocked look on his face but as instructed went and grabbed two cloaks off one of the long tables then walked to us handing them to Muirie and I. The Jarl then continued "These cloaks will serve as your badge of office so everyone will know they are in the presence of heroes." I examined the cloaks clearly made of fine fabric, bright red in color with the image of a horse head on the back.

Muiries patience had run out "We have no need for fancy cloaks or titles all we want is to be left in peace. We know that we cannot live in a city such as this or any other I trade in furs in the market sometimes and became very friendly with the people there, I did not wish them to be killed or worse that is why we fought today no more no less." The Jarl was shocked by her abruptness. For moments we all stood there no one knowing what to say next so I figured I would just break the tension.

"If you don't mind we would like to be on our way." I said

The Jarl answered "Well would you at least stay the night in the new home just to see if you enjoy yourself here?"

"With all due respect Jarl allow me to cut through the bullshit, you clearly fear and do not trust us, which is understandable given the amount of power me and her wield. I have no desire to harm anyone but if if you make one move against us We will cut a bloody path right through this city and you know there is nothing that can stop us."

The room became tense and the Jarl began to sweat. He clearly was surprised to be called out so directly. Soldiers had their hands on their swords and I could hear Muirie charging a spell. Everyone was tense everyone except Rikke who threw her head back and let out a hearty laugh. "As direct as possible. You are a true man. Jarl the solution to this is simple if they would like I could escort them back to their new house and offer myself as collateral until tomorrow." Everyone including myself was completely dumbfounded by this. "It will ensure their safety and allow them to get to know the city in peace."

"Our home is quite a distance from here we would not reach it until deep into the night." Muirie answered.

Rikke smiled and replied "Well then after your husband gets to know the city better I will bunk with you at the home the Jarl has so generously offered." She looked to Muirie then me as far as I could tell this was our best option after some thought I simply nodded. "Wonderful!" Rikke exclaimed.

Right after she said that a mage came up to Muirie, and began speaking excitedly. "Hello! So your the one who cast that incredibly spell!? I couldn't see the battle so tell me did you really cast lightning the size and shape of a dragon? How long did it take you to master such a spell? And your robes they are of very high quality you must have some powerful enchantments, Where did you get them? And my my what sort of illusion spell could you possibly have that could tame this beast?"

I looked at him and snarled. He backed up obviously frightened but this whole exchange was strange up until that comment it was like he hadn't even realized I was there. Muirie placed her hand on my chest to calm me. "Don't worry." she said "He is just excited, he means no harm. Go with Rikke and get to know the city you saved. I will stay here and answer his questions, and don't worry they wont do anything." She said looking to Rikke "Not while you have her as collateral." I nodded Rikke excitedly took my hand and began to lead me back out the door back into the city.

As left the building Rikke spoke pointing out various locations of importance as we passed them. "Below Dragonsreach is the city jail as well as the barracks." we continued down the steep stairs into an area with many expensive looking houses. "And here we have the cloud district where all the snobs live so they can spend too much money to stroke their egos." So she had a good head on her shoulders I thought with a laugh. She looked at me smiling and continued "and over there is our shrine to Talos controversial in these times but the Thalmor know better than to fuck with Whiterun."

I caught that. "Do you worship Talos?" I asked her.

She stopped in her tracks her eyes went to the ground but as she began to speak she raised her eyes to meet mine "All nords worship Talos just need to hide it for now."

"Why fight for the Empire when they have made your god a crime?" I asked.

Her eyes narrowed and she spoke "The war had cost so many lives so much death I don't like it but honestly its worth it we can still worship alone in our homes. Another war with the Thalmor is inevitable they will not stop until they have everything. Ulfric knows this, he knows the best move would have been to build our strength. Solidify Skyrim and the Empire so when the next war comes we will be ready. And what did Ulfric do? He started between the people of Skyrim itself! He divided our nation, brothers and sisters killing each other for what 'To honor Talos they say to free Skyrim my ass! Now if the Stormcloaks win the Thalmor will sweep across our lands without even trying. Ulfric knows this too and he still started this damn war! He really started it for him and him alone. He started this war so he could sit on a chair and call himself king!"

12