A Slave in Imperial Rome Pt. 05

Story Info
Rebekah's temper flares again and Marcus receives an offer.
7.3k words
4.77
22.9k
18

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I watched Servilla walk across the grand room of the Villa, a large smile on her face. She stepped up to me and placed her hands on my upper arms and pulled me in for a kiss on the cheek. I accepted her familiarity coolly as I greeted her.

"Servilla, how delightful it is to see you. Thank you for coming to our celebration."

"Of course Marcus. I wouldn't miss seeing you on your way and wishing you well. It is not everyday a young man is sent on such an important mission."

"Well, I am only a very junior aide to the Legate. I was honoured to be chosen to accompany such a prominent figure as Titus Aurelius."

Other guests were arriving at my parent's home to attend the celebration and farewell party for myself. I was less than a week away from departing for Judea on the mission headed by Titus and my parents had insisted on marking the occasion with a gathering of many of the most important families in Rome. I also noted that many of these families had daughters of marriageable age, some having reached the very ripe age of eighteen or older who were still without a husband. I suspected that mother had built the guest list carefully to include important families who also had unmarried daughters.

Another woman approached me while I was still chatting with Servilla.

"Ah Julia, how good to see you. I am delighted that you could come. Have you met Servilla."

With a very cool look at the other woman, Julia also kissed me on the cheek and nodded towards the other woman. Servilla said,"Julia, wonderful to see you. Have your parents come as well."

"Yes, they are outside speaking with the Senator. Marcus, thank you for inviting us and please accept my congratulations on your mission."

"Really, as I said to Servilla, I'm a very junior aide on Titus's staff, but thank you just the same. I'm looking forward to seeing new lands and helping the administration."

Julia nodded and then asked, "And speaking of new lands, is Judea completely conquered and peaceful? Is there danger? I hear the local Jewish tribes are prone to outbreaks of rebellion."

"We will have a contingent of soldiers accompanying our delegation and I will be armed as well. The Legionnaires may not be necessary as I believe the tribes mostly accept their subjugation to Rome." As I said this both women looked over my shoulder at someone who had come up behind me.

Servilla spoke first, "Apparently the servant behind you may not fully agree with your assessment." I wheeled around to confront a wild eyed Rebekah who was standing behind me with a tray of wine goblets.

Rebekah hissed at the two women, "My people will never accept subjugation from Rome. We will cooperate with Rome when it is beneficial to our interests. We were free before and we will be free again, god willing."

Julia laughed, "It seems you have brought the problem of Judean acquiescence to Rome itself. Who is this creature?"

I was flustered as I glared at a defiant looking Rebekah and replied, "She's a household slave. Please ignore her outburst."

"A slave, you say," laughed Julia. "It seems your slaves aren't sure who rules the household. In my home a slave who can't hold her tongue would be stripped and whipped for speaking out like that."

Rebekah stepped in front of me and said loudly, "Yes, I am a slave here but my family were rulers in Judea. I will never forget who I am and who you are!"

A shocked looking Julia gasped, "And who are we?"

"Murderers, slavers and RAPISTS!" a wild eyed Rebekah shot back.

Both shocked women backed up as I grabbed Rebekah by the arm and pulled her back. The tray of wine dropped from her hand and wine spilled on the floor, some splashing on the beautifully dressed noblewomen.

"Rebekah, THAT IS ENOUGH! Go to my room and DO NOT LEAVE! I will attend to you later," I shouted in her ear as I turned her and smacked the angry girl on her behind, shoving her towards my chambers.

"Goodness," gasped Servilla as she fanned herself. "Did you send the slave to your room? Why? What's her role here?"

Julia piped in, "Marcus, yes, what is she to you that you would have that wild creature in your room? Is she a plaything of yours?"

My face reddened as I glared at my retreating Jewish princess who had embarrassed me so badly in front of these women. "She is my household slave who I am training as an interpreter."

As I said this my mother arrived leading Alonia who was armed with a broom and cloth. "Marcus, please take the ladies outside on the terrace while this mess is cleaned up. Better yet, ladies will you excuse Marcus and I while we deal with the situation."

"Certainly," Julia piped up. "Come Servilla, lets leave Marcus to his duty. I'm sure he needs to have a word with his 'interpreter'". Both girls giggled as they observed the blush spreading over my face.

Quickly pulling mother away from the scene I blurted out, "Mother, I am appalled by Rebekah's behaviour. I don't know what came over her." She looked strangely at me as if trying to read my thoughts. She then took me by the hand and led me out of the room. Alonia was left to clean the mess. Fortunately, most of the guests were outside on the terrace enjoying the lovely day and didn't witness the embarrassing display.

When we were alone she looked me in the eye and said, "I observed her standing in the entryway while you were speaking to our guests. She obviously did not like what she was seeing." I was confused by this.

"What do you mean? I was simply talking to the two women."

"Yes, and what were they doing to you?"

"Just talking to me."

Mother looked pointedly at me and said, "And touching you and kissing you besides smiling at you and giggling at your words." I sucked in a deep breath as the realization of what Mother was implying. Rebekah may have been disturbed by my talking to other women.

"But Mother, she's just a slave. My talking to other women should be of no consequence to her," I said, truly perplexed.

"Marcus," and then she paused, looking directly into my eyes so I got the point, "she is a woman as well as a slave and think of what you do with her every day?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Do you make love to her? Don't deny it. I see you together. I see how she looks at you and I see how you look at her."

I swallowed hard. As much as Mother knew why we purchased Rebekah I was still sensitive about what I did with her. I stumbled a reply, "But you know that every night she brings Alonia to me to ... to .."

"Yes, I know. Your father has explained your 'project.'"

"Rebekah is with us when I am .. when i'm .."

"Mounting her cousin to impregnate her, to make new slaves. Yes, I know."

"But she accepts that I'm having sex with another woman, right in front of her. Why would she be concerned about minor touching and such."

"Because the slave, Alonia, is not really a threat to Rebekah. Those other women are. One day you will marry one of them or someone like them and what happens to her then?"

"I would keep Rebekah as part of my household. I've told her that."

"Yes, but would she be in your bed? Would you make love to her ever? How do you think she will feel when your attentions are on another woman, your wife? And besides, your wife might not allow you to keep her."

In my heart I knew Mother was right. As much as I was trained to think otherwise, I knew slaves were simply humans and somewhere in my confused mind I knew that I didn't see Rebekah as just a slave, a body for me to put my cock into and fuck to my heart's content. I wanted her to want me.

And just then my Father stormed into the room. "Marcus, just what happened in here?," he shouted at me.

"Father, it's under control. My slave had words with Sevilla and Julia, nothing more."

"Marcus, slaves DO NOT 'have words' with citizens and particularly to important citizens who are our guests."

"They are just a couple of young women Father."

"Yes, just daughters of some of the most powerful men in Rome. Either one of them would make a fine mate for you."

"Do you mean a fine mate for our family connections. Frankly I find my slave more interesting," I snapped back, becoming irritated at my father's motives. He was more interested in the family I would be marrying into than the woman herself. All he thought of were strategic alliances with other important families.

"Marcus, hold you tongue. We allowed you your own sex slave provided you still pursued your future wife. Do not force me to sell her." From the look in his eyes, I could see he was serious. A chill ran down my back as I contemplated what he might do with Rebekah. I backed off.

"Yes Father, I understand. After the Judea mission I will consider my choices of partner."

His fierce look cooled, "Now, what do you plan to do with your slave?"

"I will talk to her. I assure you Father that she won't do it again."

"Talk to her? She has just embarrassed our entire household in front of our guests. She must be punished!" As much as I wanted to take Rebekah and shake her and smack her in her rear I knew that would not be enough for my father. I dreaded what might be coming.

"Certainly Father, I will punish her as well," I said, hoping that would mollify him. That was not to be.

"Do you plan to have her whipped by Paulus?" I shuddered at this. A whipping would leave her back bloody and often slaves died from the shock or infection. I decided to play on the upcoming mission.

"No, that would jeopardize the mission. If she became incapacitated from being flogged she might not fulfill her translator role for the Legate."

"Yes, I understand. So how do you plan to punish her?"

"I will speak to Paulus. Perhaps the leather belt or the cane to her feet or hands. However I want her to walk afterwards and to write."

"Well, whatever, I will leave it to you to decide but I want to know how she was punished afterwards," my father said, ending the conversation as he turned to rejoin his guests outside on the terrace.

****

Rebekah was curled up in the corner of my chambers when I entered the room. She looked fearfully at the bamboo cane in my hand. She slunk even further into the dark corner of the room. Most of the day had passed since the incident and all the guest had left. I had also spoken to Paulus. When he comprehended the gravity of the offence Rebekah had committed his first thought was the whip. I told him I didn't want her too damaged to travel and he agreed. After much discussion we settled on a light bamboo cane, an implement that would cause great pain but not break the skin if not applied too harshly. I had no intention of breaking her skin.

"Rebekah, stand in front of me," I instructed as I sat down in my reading chair. She slowly unfolded her legs and stood up, moving towards me.

"Do you understand the seriousness of your actions? How badly you embarrassed my family in front of these important women. Why did you act so?"

"Master, I am truly sorry for your embarrassment. I don't know what came over me. Their words about my people inflamed my thoughts. It brought back the pain and suffering my people endured at the hands of your soldiers."

"Rebekah, yes, I understand your thoughts and your pride for your people but you are now a slave of Rome and you cannot ever talk to a citizen that way. Most Romans would whip you mercilessly or put you to the sword. They wouldn't be able to trust you. You cannot act like that ever again."

"Master, I will try to never loose my temper like that."

"Rebekah, you must do better than "try". When we are alone you can speak plainly to me when I ask you to, but never with others around. Do you understand?"

"Yes Master Marcus. I understand." She bowed her head and looked at my feet.

I sighed deeply and then said, "For this to be over I have to punish you. My father first wanted you whipped but I said no, that I would find a less damaging punishment. He insists that you are beaten and I cannot avoid doing so." Rebekah shuddered at this and I could see her legs trembling. In all the months I had owned her she had never received more than a firm spanking with my hand.

"Rebekah, I want to do it here, now. I don't want this to be a public spectacle. Take off your tunic and lie your chest across the bed, you knees on the floor." She did as I asked slowly but methodically. When she was naked, she lay on the bed as instructed.

"Rebekah, can you hold this position for five strokes of the cane? Do I need to tie your hands to the bed frame?"

She shook her head and said no. I stood up with the cane in my hand and stood several feet to the side. Placing the cane on her small rear I drew my hand back and then lightly forward, testing the arc. In reality, I had never done this before and I had no idea what force to use. There had to be marks or my father would not accept the punishment. I had to make this painful. With a deep breath I drew back and slashed the cane down onto Rebekah.

****

Much later I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling. From the mat in the corner of my chambers I could hear a quiet sniffle and then a sob. Rebekah was faced away from me, curled up into a fetal ball. Maya had been in to tend to her wounds, wounds that I inflicted with my own hand. I felt confused and angry but I didn't know what I was really angry about. It was my duty to punish my slave when she warranted punishment. What confused me was how badly I felt about what I had done.

Beside me lay Alonia. I had only a few days left to impregnate her and we had no way of knowing if I had been successful. And truth be told, other than today, I was enjoying my task. I had come to appreciate her body. Her breasts were firm yet soft and warm to the touch. During my first attempts at mounting her she would lay there unresponsive even with Rebekah encouraging her to kiss me. She would do so but it was mostly my efforts to kiss her. She now eagerly opened her mouth to accept my tongue. My lips on her breasts brought out beautiful soft sighs and moans. When I sucked and grazed my teeth over her nipples she would gasp and hold my head to her chest.

Rebekah had then taught her to use her lips and tongue on my cock and she would then take me into her mouth and bring heaven to earth for my pleasure. Rebekah would stroke her hair and back as she kissed and sucked my manhood. At times Rebekah would move her away and do the same to me. I lay back at these moments and marvelled amidst all the pleasure at having these two beautiful bodies doing there utmost to pleasure me. And I owned them. They were mine. Well, at least Rebekah was. Alonia was really my father's property.

But now I was angry and frustrated with my slave. Alonia had come on her own after she was finished in the kitchen and after Rebekah's punishment. She seemed tentative, no doubt having heard the screams of pain coming from her younger cousin. She seemed fearful although she attempted to arouse me with her hand gently caressing my flaccid cock.

I shouldn't be angry at all. It was my duty to punish a misbehaving slave and I did what I must. She should have been grateful that I didn't whip her with more strokes than five with a cane, an implement far less damaging than the whip. She should thank me for my leniency and come to bed to pleasure me. Despite my mercy shown to her she was ignoring me altogether. She wouldn't look or speak to me. She shook off my hand when I tried to touch her. This was absolutely not how a slave should behave.

Maybe I should just beat her again? I got up intending to grab her by the hair and smack her rear but looking down at the small figure whimpering in the corner my resolve drained out. I went back to lie beside Alonia.

"Master?" Alonia whispered into my ear.

I turned and looked at her questioningly.

"Master Marcus, should I bring Rebekah to your bed?"

I sighed and resumed looking at the ceiling, trying to understand how I was feeling. After several minutes I groaned and looked at Alonia, "Alonia, I want this over. I want her here and I want sex with both of you. Tell her I want to talk with her." Alonia slipped out of bed and went over to the corner. She lay behind Rebekah and wrapped an arm around her waist. I could here quiet whispering.

I felt myself drifting into sleep when the bed shifted. My eyes opened and I gazed at Rebekah's sad eyes looking at me. A tear was running down her cheek. On instinct I reached for her, pulling her head into my chest and she began to sob. My heart ached.

"My little princess, please tell me what's wrong." More snivelling and cries into my chest followed. Then she spoke.

"Master, you hurt me."

I held her head tightly to my chest and stroked gently down her back. I kissed her hair and nuzzled my nose into her black curls. I whispered into her ear, "I had to do it Rebekah. You can't talk to citizens like that. If I hadn't punished you it would have been Paulus who would have whipped you." And then I took a deep breath and continued, "I'm sorry it hurt so much. I hope to never use the cane again. Is there anything I can do for you to help understand and forgive me?"

There was a long silence and then she said, "Marcus, I will promise to not lose my temper again and I will forgive you if you promise something for me."

"What is it my little jewel. You know that I will do everything I can to make you happy again." There I said it. I was pleading with my slave.

She turned her head up and looked at me eye to eye, "Please promise that when you and Alonia have a child that you will keep her and the child with us. Make her and the child part of your household along with me. You will have to make your future wife understand."

"Rebekah, we don't know if I have been successful with Alonia. I hope so but we don't know. Even if the gods aren't willing to give her a child I will do my best to keep her with me. She is my father's property but I will work to purchase her after our mission."

"That is all I can ask for Master. Thank you." I turned to look at Alonia who was wide eyed at our exchange. I don't know how much she understood of our conversation but I believe she knew the essence. I smiled at her. The thought of having these two women in my bed or available in my household was enticing.

Rebekah then whispered in my ear, her hot breath stirring me, "Master, do you wish to try again with Alonia?" What I really wanted to do was make love to Rebekah and show her how much I really wanted her despite the brutal caning.

"May I kiss and touch you first? Would Alonia mind waiting a few minutes?"

"Marcus, we are here for you. I would like that very much." With that I kissed her forehead, her cheeks, her nose and then brushed my lips over hers. I shifted on top of Rebekah as she spread her legs for me. I held her face in my hands and whispered softly as we looked into each others eyes nose to nose. We sensed Alonia shifting uncomfortably beside us. Rebekah had been with me often as I mounted Alonia but other than kisses and caresses she had never seen me fuck Rebekah. But I wanted her here now.

"Alonia, stay with us. Take your clothes off."

I knelt up on my knees and pulled my clothes over my head and then pulled Rebekah up and helped her out of her clothing. Alonia did the same.

I reached over and pulled Alonia's head to me and kissed her hungrily. "Stay here, please." I leaned Rebekah down onto her back and guided my cock into her wet channel. She was ready for me. I pulled Rebekah up and sat her on my lap, her legs wrapped around me, her hands behind my head and her tender rear on my thighs. Kissing her softly I pulled her back and forth, my cock sliding in and out. I whispered how much I valued her, how I loved her sweet body how sorry I was for hurting her.

I hoped I saw forgiveness in her eyes.

Laying her back down I began to lose myself in my lust for her body. Rebekah sighed and groaned and finally gasped, "Master, Alonia needs your seed." I leaned down and hugged her tight and then with a groan myself I rolled off of my beautiful slave.

12