A Slave in Imperial Rome Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The strands slowly parted as she worked steadily at the ropes. A slip might cut my wrists and she knew it. Finally my hands parted and they were free. I felt the handle of the knife pressed into my hand and I began to sever the rope attached to the chain around my neck. The rope was thick and the knife not very sharp. I wondered how she found the tool or did she steal it from one of the men.

The last strand was cut and I was free, but what next? I had no idea of the layout of the encampment. My escape and hopefully her escape was entirely in Rebekah's hands.

She clasped tightly to my right hand and began creeping to the doorway. Parting the cloth over the entrance she squeezed hard and I froze. After several minutes she edged out of the door with me behind, her hand clasped tightly to mine. I only hoped now there were no dogs kept by these men. Thankfully the only sound was that of a man loudly snoring while leaning against a rock, a dying fire, now just embers, illuminated him. I could see the bodies of other sleeping men curled around the fire pit.

Rebekah once again took the lead as we crawled on the sand away from the sleeping guards. There were no words spoken between us as we now crouched and walked bent over keeping our profile low. On the edge of the camp we came up to the horses with my mount slightly separated from the others. Rebekah must have set this up somehow.

The beast was tied to a rope stretching across the small clearing. Untying it I whispered in her ear, "Which way? We will walk the horse until away from the camp or until an alarm is raised."

"Master, we will pass near a sentry. If he is awake we will have to mount and flee."

The clip clop of our horse's hooves sounded as loud as thunder in my anxious ears as we stole away from the encampment. Shortly Rebekah pointed in the faint light towards a figure of a man sitting high on a large boulder. He didn't seem to be moving at all, perhaps asleep.

Walking just a few spear lengths from the sentry it seemed like we might simply walk by, but no. The body moved and a shout rang out. Rebekah said something back to the man in a calming tone but I knew the game was up. Hauling myself up onto the mount I reached down and grabbed Rebekah's hand, the horse neighing and side stepping in alarm at the raised human voices.

In the moonlight I could see the flash of a drawn sword as the man shouted and started to descend from his perch. Other shouts came from the camp.

Hauling her up to sit behind me I kicked the horse in its ribs and let him lead us out of the camp. They would be mounted and on us in minutes. We would need every second of our head start.

Rebekah shouted in my ear, "Marcus, don't go too fast and risk tripping this horse."

"Rebekah, they will be on us in minutes. We must hurry."

"No Marcus, I tied each of their horses with many knots before coming to get you. It will take time for them to untangle the knots and add the harnesses."

My thanks to the gods were silently given that this woman had chosen to help me when it would surely put her own life in danger. She could have been free from her slavery but she chose to help me in my peril. How could I ever repay her?

But first, we had to reach the safety of Titus's camp or a Roman outpost. I yelled back to Rebekah, "Listen as best you can and tell me if they are coming. I will keep the horse to a fast trot. Are we heading in the right direction?"

"Yes, I think so. If we follow this track through the rocks it will lead away from this area to the main road."

At a tug on my arm and a shout from her, "Marcus I believe they are coming," caused me to kick the horse in its ribs and set it into a gallop.

Light was slowly creeping into the sky as we hurried through the rocks and defiles of the rough countryside. With visibility at each intersection of different paths I changed directions if a path also had horse hoof prints. We finally came out to some cultivated fields and a small settlement appeared in the distance. Arriving at the village we were halted by Roman soldiers who were at first skeptical of our story but when taken to their commander he nodded his head and said that Titus's mission had passed through and they were looking for us.

My slave had saved me and I realized that without her I was very likely doomed. What had I ever done that made her do this. She could have been free but, instead, chose to save me. For a brief moment, the thought that I was unworthy of her slipped into my mind.

****

Three months later the galley glided into Portus harbour and the end of the mission was now before us. I reflected on the final months after my narrow escape. When Rebekah's pivotal role in our escape was fully known Titus treated her with even more respect, almost as a free woman. She had then rode with us at our side into all the cities and meetings with local leaders. But for her collar it would be hard to know of her slave status. To the local leaders they saw her treated as a trusted confidant of Titus and myself, involved in all the discussions.

Several times I had to firmly tell Titus that Rebekah was not for sale and if I could help it, would be with me forever. I sensed he knew that after her saving my life I would never part with her. He also stopped asking if she was available to pleasure him some evenings. I made it clear she was mine and I was the only man she would lie with. Luckily he seemed to accept this and didn't appear to hold it against me or my career. I sensed he was a good man at heart.

I still knew there was one problem I would have to deal with soon. The mission was the launch for my career in the service of the Senate and I knew my father would want to cement my future with a good choice in a wife. To him a good choice was a woman from an important family that would further my advancement. Other considerations would be secondary.

I knew this was coming and I feared what my wife would make me do with Rebekah. Would the family pressure on all sides force me to sell her? How could I do this after how she had saved me.

On a much happier note I had received a letter from my parents while in Judea

that my efforts to impregnate Alonia, the household slave and relative of Rebekah, were successful. My father had made it my duty to impregnate this slave as he had done with other field slaves to perpetuate our source of labour in the future. In addition, some male slaves from our estate were paired with female field slaves and there were now a number of pregnant women near to giving birth. A special building had been constructed to contain the new arrivals and their mothers. While the loss of their labour was felt by the overseers, the estate was thriving with the sale of wheat, meat and produce to the growing population of Rome. My family was becoming even more wealthy. This fact would only increase the pressure on me to wed.

A wagon had been sent to meet us at the port and to bring us back to the Villa. Upon arriving home Rebekah asked permission to find Alonia. I went as well after greeting my parents who were beaming with delight at my return.

Finding Alonia working in the kitchen, Rebekah flew into her embrace, tears of joy streaming down their faces. Curious as to her pregnancy I reached out to touch her belly as she smiled demurely, looking down and not meeting my eyes. I felt strange knowing that this being inside her belly was my work. I looked forward to seeing my offspring. The child would be a slave but would work in the household and likely be educated and well taken care of, after all he or she would be my child. I glanced at Rebekah's belly wondering if she would bear me a child, that is if my wife and family didn't make me sell her after my wedding.

Strangely, seeing Alonia again reminded me of her time in my bed with Rebekah and myself. I had come to enjoy her body and the act of impregnating her. Alonia had lovely large breasts and strong thighs that gripped me when I mounted her. I even enjoyed kissing her mouth and breasts as I took her. Yes, those were delightful moments.

Having the two slaves pleasure me was a fond memory and I was strangely disappointed that the pregnant slave would not be in my bed. Perhaps after she had delivered the child I would take her back with us for sex, maybe even have her as part of my future household. But that was in the future and I knew my parents would launch into the discussion of my marriage.

Later on, with Rebekah curled at my side, my body and mind sleepy from the frenzied sex we had just shared, I contemplated the future. It was so nice to have cleaned ourselves in the baths and then fucked in the comfort of my bed. I had even spent much time between her legs, something I had come to enjoy. She responded so well to my licking and kissing her womanly parts. I kept this pleasure very much to myself when discussing our slaves with other men. It was a private pleasure of mine, one I enjoyed almost as much as having her suck on my cock.

Drifting back into my mind was was the conversation with Lucilla before the trip to Judea. In that meeting she had suggested that if we married we both could keep our favourite slaves. I was surprised about the suggestion and also the fact that she had a female slave that she acknowledged was her bed slave. I had heard of women lying with other women but that was a very disapproved act in Roman society. Women who were caught consorting with other women could be punished by their family or the authorities. The practice was not spoken of among people of my class.

Still, despite my minor revulsion to what she had suggested, it was an intriguing thought that, with her, I could keep my slave as she could keep hers. Perhaps I should visit her Lucilla and speak of the offer again.

****

Tea had just been served and I looked carefully at my hostess. She gazed back unflinchingly at me. I broke the awkward silence going to the heart of the matter. "Lucilla, you know that we would have to lie together. I would have to mount you and we would try for a child. How does that strike you."

"Marcus, thank you for visiting and taking the suggestion seriously. Frankly, while I have said my preference is to have a woman in my bed, I consider you handsome and I'm sure we could enjoy each other."

"Would our slaves be with us?"

She laughed at that and said lightly, "You will need to provide a large enough bed for all of us all but I'm sure we could manage them with us." I didn't think that would be a problem. My family had begun the planning and construction of what would be my future home. I had requested a large master room and bed. My father had smirked at this suggestion. He assumed I had developed a taste for mounting the family's female slave population and would pursue this. I would never tell him just which slaves would grace my bed.

Then she added, "I asked my slave to take yours around my family's villa and then to make lunch for us. We need to see if the two young women will get along. Your slave seems very sweet as does mine but she is jealous of me with other women and men."

I reacted with surprise at this revelation. "A slave jealous of her mistress? How could that be? They have no right to be," I said, surprised at this admission. I wondered how she tolerated that from her property.

Lucilla laughed and then said, "Don't worry Marcus, I have her well under control. If she takes liberties, I have only myself to blame. I am very enamoured of her body and mind and I find it difficult to discipline her seriously. That may be your role if we are to proceed."

Still, my basic concern is that this woman in front of me, proposing our marriage would not want me to fuck her and only after I was committed would I find out for sure. Strangely, she seemed to know what I was thinking and listening carefully for the sounds of her parents or other slaves she came over to sit on my lap. Putting her hands in my hair she pulled my lips to hers and she began to kiss me with surprising passion. I was shocked at first but then responded. She started to swivel her hips on my lap and I could feel my cock growing. As she attacked my mouth a delicate hand groped around my manhood squeezing and stroking it through my garments. I was becoming highly aroused and I found that this elegant woman was very attractive to me then. I wanted her.

Stopping, she sat back and smiled at me, still gripping my straining cock. With a gleam in her eye she said, "I think it will be fun to have this placed inside me, don't you think?"

I could only nod my agreement. She was direct if nothing else, saying, "Now perhaps after lunch we should retire to the pleasure of our slaves while you think about my offer."

I believe I had already decided.

****

Months later I guided my horse through the streets of Rome on the way to my work. I was now in the employ of the Senate and a special liaison to the staff of the Emperor. The successful conclusion to Titus's mission and my marriage to Lucilla and the connection to her important family had propelled my career.

Still, it wasn't my work I was thinking about. It was the strange household Lucilla and I had built. The night before my leave taking for several days in the city all my females had joined me in the bedroom. Lucilla and I were happily working out the ways we could enjoy our slaves and each other while keeping everyone happy. It was a challenging but rewarding task.

Her slave, Sola, had turned out to be a tiny firebrand. It was clear she loved her mistress deeply and initially was reluctant to come near me. She had hissed at me when I first took Lucilla's hand and put it on my straining cock. I released my wife and grabbed the girl by the hair and held her down, bending her over to the floor. She was already naked and I delivered ten sound slaps to her upturned rear. Lucilla knew this was coming as we discussed the punishment that might be necessary for her slave and lover. We both knew that a slave, no matter how well regarded, had to be disciplined or all hell could break loose.

After the spanking Lucilla had taken her and placed her on her knees facing the bed. She had to accept what was coming. Together we removed each others clothes and I began to caress and kiss my wife's body. Leading her over to the bed I placed her on her back and settled myself between her knees. I knew this act was being watched closely by Sola and in truth the performance was for her benefit as well as for our pleasure. She needed to see me mount her mistress as was my right and duty. Lucilla acted her part, holding tightly to me with her arms and legs and moaning and crying out in pleasure. For my part I liked that the slave was watching and pounded with force into the woman below me. I roared my pleasure at my release as did Lucilla with hers.

Afterwards we brought Sola into bed with us and laying between our naked sweaty bodies Lucilla made gentle love to the slave, caressing her breasts and stroking and probing her womanhood. After all, she was there for our pleasure now that I essentially owned all of Lucilla's possessions, as was Roman custom, including her slave lover. It was part of the agreement Lucilla and I had.

With Rebekah it was the same but different. Rebekah had a better sense of her place in this world and knew she had to fit into it. I had explained to Rebekah the arrangement with my wife, that she would keep her slave and lover and I would keep mine. Rebekah listened carefully to my words and then asked for one favour. I knew before she said anything what her request was. Slaves really have no right to ask for anything but this woman held a place in my mind and heart that no other person had. She had saved my life.

Rebekah wanted her cousin Alonia to be part of my new household. And part of the request was for her child to come with her. My father and I discussed Alonia's worth to his estate and we had come to an agreement. In the end my parents gifted the slave and her child as part of their wedding gifts to me.

My parents knew that I would require my own workers for the expanding fields I was responsible for as well as for my household. Peace on the frontiers had reduced the supply of captives being brought to Rome and their price had shot up. The children being bred on our estate would be valuable assets to the family in the future.

Rebekah and I both agreed that Alonia needed her own man but in the meantime she would share my bed with Rebekah. Her place, along with Rebekah, was to aid in the management of the household and particularly the kitchen. I had come to enjoy the cuisine of Judea and the two Jewish women were happy to provide it for me.

As I entered my lodgings near the Forum I was accosted by a woman who invited me to see her wares in the bordello. I laughed at the madam and assured her that her courtesans would be top quality but I needed a night away from females in my bed. Even though I was a young man I needed to be away from women for a short while.

Lucilla and I reserved one night a week where we slept alone from our slaves and another night where Rebekah and Sola joined us. Sola was still wary of me but seemed entranced by my mounting of Rebekah. Lucilla and I discussed if we would have sex with our slaves while in the same bed and had come to the decision that Rebekah and particularly Sola should see the relationship each of us had with our own bed slave.

The first night the four of us spent in my bed together was interesting. Lucilla and I had taken our women into the baths together as was our usual evening custom, often with Alonia if she wasn't tending to our child. Afterwards the slaves were brought naked to Lucilla's and my bedroom. Lucilla was dressed in a light gown and lay on the bed with Sola pulled into her body both facing Rebekah and I.

Other than our sex when Alonia was in bed with us, Rebekah I had never been with another women when together. She was really a very reserved and proper princess and found herself tensing with Sola and my wife watching us. I was in my nightshirt and Rebekah was naked lying stiffly on her back, her chest heaving up and down. I had never performed in front of another except for Alonia but decided that Lucilla and I needed to take this step.

I began gently kissing and licking Rebekah from her shoulders to her neck and up to her ear. I whispered in her ear how beautiful she was and how I loved her body. Gently I cupped her breast with one hand and smoothed her hair back with the other. Leaning in I began to nibble and lick her lips. As she relaxed I slipped my tongue into her mouth and played with hers. As I massaged her breast I could sense her heart beat quickening.

After kissing and caressing Rebekah long enough to have her ready, I pulled my shirt off, leaving me naked, I glanced over at Lucilla cradling Sola in her arms. The small slave's eyes were bulging out as she took in my cock standing out straight and proud. She had seen my cock in the baths but never fully erect and I wondered if she had ever seen a man so aroused.

Sola had small breasts, even smaller than Rebekah's but lovely curves to her hips and thighs. Her features were very pretty. By Roman law, all of Lucilla's possessions, including this timid girl, or rather woman as Sola was in her third decade of life, were mine but we had decided that I would not mount the girl now. Also, we both agreed that perhaps I would try to impregnate her in the future but not now.

I shifted Rebekah so her head was near the other two women, her body out at an angle. Lucilla herself had never seen me mount my slave and she was watching intently, her nose and mouth nuzzling into the back of Sola's hair.

As I positioned myself between Rebekah's legs I smiled at my wife and said, "Lucilla do you like this sight?"