A Slave in Imperial Rome Pt. 07

Story Info
Adventure over, can he keep his slave?
8.3k words
4.81
19.8k
23

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Relief, joy and then anger went searing through my mind and body. For an anxious few minutes I thought my slave had run from me. If she had and was then recaptured, her fate would be terrible. I could not protect her from my superiors. And now that my slave was in her home territory the prospect of her escaping was far more real. And then I found her. She was singing to the music in a temple of her religion.

I couldn't speak to her as I attached the short chain and rope to her collar and then dragged her home through the crowded streets of the Judean town. Reaching our quarters I stripped her clothes off and stood her in front of me. My anger was cooling as I saw the terror in her eyes but I was still afraid of what I would do to her in my rage.

I held her by both arms and shook her saying, "Slave, do you know the trouble you could bring down on yourself going off on your own like that. YOU ARE MY PROPERTY. You must never leave my side without permission. What do you have to say for yourself?" Tears were running down her face as she shook in front of me.

I thought she was too frightened to speak but she finally said, "Master, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to alarm you. I haven't heard the music of my religion in so long. I was drawn to the temple."

"How do I know you weren't trying to escape?" I asked shaking her again.

"Marcus, Master, I have never thought to leave you. I am yours. You are my owner. I would not dare try to escape."

"How do I know this is true?"

"Please Master, you must trust me." I eyed her warily looking for signs of deceit.

I thought about it for a short while and then tried another direction. "Do you accept that you are now a slave, no longer a princess of your people but my possession now?"

Rebekah bowed her head and nodded it up and down. I said, "Speak!"

"Marcus, I accept I am your slave." I considered this as I looked the naked girl up and down, standing so helplessly in front of me. I knew I should beat her for what she had done. It was my duty as master but I was rapidly losing my will to thrash her. I pulled her in to me, her body sideways to mine but held tight to my chest. I held her there with one arm and locked a leg behind her, immobilizing the woman. With the other hand I ran it down her back to her small rear, rubbing her buttocks. I gritted my teeth and then slammed my hand down on her rear, once twice and then five times. She bucked and yelped at each slap until her ass took on a red hue.

Stopping, I demanded, "And will you remember to stay near me at all times."

"Yes Marcus. I will not leave your side," she said through tears and sobs.

My anger turned to lust. Beating the naked girl had aroused my cock and it strained in my garments. An overwhelming need to take her hard and fast consumed me. I picked the small woman up and threw her onto the bed. She gasped and a new fear found its ways into her widened eyes. I freed my raging cock and forced its head into her channel. She shrieked and gasped but I felt the moisture around my rod and I drove it the rest of the way in. Her fearful eyes widened and her mouth opened up in a howl of pain. I didn't care. I wanted to fuck her as hard as I could. She was mine and I wanted to leave no doubt in her mind who her Master was. Her legs flew up around my hip and I grabbed her reddened rear hard with each hand and pulled her into my thrusts.

Rebekah turned her head sideways and I yelled at her to look at me. My thrusts turned even more savage as her terrified eyes locked onto mine. Finally, with a roar I came, throwing my head back and shouting in pleasure and anger. She was mine.

As I gasped and slowly recovered my mind I felt her trembling under me. A flood of remorse rolled through my body. She really had done little to deserve what I had just done. I knew in my heart she wasn't trying to leave. Fear had consumed me when I thought she had gone. I couldn't bear to lose her I realized and my anger was how that fear had been expressed.

I wrapped my hands in her hair and kissed all over her face, neck and shoulders all the while whispering her name.

"Rebekah, never leave my side again. I can not ever lose you."

"Marcus, I am yours. Please believe and trust me." We lay for many moments with my body wrapped around hers. Finally, she giggled. What now I thought. She said, "Marcus I'm hungry. We should eat."

I laughed at this revelation and said, "Okay, dress and go to the kitchen and find us food. I will wait for you here."

****

After we finished our meal I laid down on my bed and drew Rebekah into my arms. With her lying naked on my body I rubbed her rear. I nuzzled her hair and kissed and licked her lips and neck. Soon she was squirming on top of me. I finally asked, "Are you ready to show me how a slave shows devotion to her master?" She sat up and moved down my body pulling my undergarments off. She took my cock in her hands and gently massaged the length with her gentle fingers. "Look at me Rebekah." She brought her eyes up and stared into mine as she caressed my manhood. I had treated her so roughly earlier that I wanted her to find her own pleasure now.

She took my strengthening member and, straddling my thighs, guided it into her channel. I could tell she was sensitive after my harsh pounding earlier as she slowly sheathed my cock. When I was completely in she smiled, her eyes closed but I could tell it was with genuine pleasure.

"Rebekah, look at me," I demanded. While my slave rose up and down on my manhood I once again looked deeply into her eyes trying to somehow sense what she was really thinking. Was she totally mine? Could she ever be? Soon my lust for this delicious creature once again took over as she rode me until I erupted deep in her body, no longer caring if she became with child or not.

***

On a bright clear morning Rebekah and I rode well ahead of the caravan of Titus's mission. We had left the other Romans to hurry into Jerusalem. I promised Rebekah a visit to the ruins of her religion's most sacred temple, which she explained was the second temple on the site and also called Herod's temple after the former Jewish King had expanded and repaired the holy site.

Only a few years ago our Legions had captured the city. The Roman army had besieged the city for many months. Its three sets of walls were almost impregnable but in the end the Jewish defeat had come mostly at their own hands. Rival factions in the city warred with each other. The Zealots had vowed to fight to the death but others wanted to make terms with our soldiers.

The Emperor's son had led the victorious Legions into the city and either captured the inhabitants that were still alive to be sent into slavery or they were slain. The temple Rebekah wanted to worship at had been reduced to ruins. Still, it was a place of pilgrimage for her people.

Entering the city, we picked our way through the destruction and made our way to Herod's temple. A few furtive natives, Rebekah's people, had returned to find a living in the ruins. Roman soldiers occupied the buildings left standing. Rebekah was quiet as we made our way through the devastation.

I stopped a Legionnaire as he drove a chain of male slaves, most likely to begin their day of toil. The haggard looking men eyed Rebekah cautiously. I believe they saw her as another enslaved Jew. The soldier gave us directions to the destroyed temple and I thanked him and continued on.

As we approached the ruins I gestured for Rebekah to go ahead and I followed. At the only wall standing she knelt down and touched the stones. In her own tongue she spoke softly to no one. I came up slowly behind and dropped down beside her, strangely curious about this single God she worshipped. Was this one deity the god of Love and War, Retribution and Redemption all embodied in one? There was also no image of this god. How did a follower bow down to him? I was perplexed by this strange deity. Rebekah had her head down touching the wall as she recited words in her language. I vowed to learn more about this strange faith.

Finally Rebekah raised her head and smiled at me saying, "Thank you master for bringing me to this place. It is the most holy place in my religion. I have always wanted to visit here since I was a little girl." I looked around but all I could really see was piles of rock and rubble. It was hard to see anything holy in this destruction.

A curious group of local people were gathered around a man who was speaking to them. I asked Rebekah about this group. She looked at them carefully and turning to me said, "I believe they are a new sect of my people. They are followers of a prophet who was slain by your governor over forty years ago. He had contradicted the teachings of our holy men and they wished him executed. Your soldiers carried out the execution but his followers continue to grow after his death.

"What do you think of his teachings Rebekah?" I asked, curious about this offshoot of her religion.

"I'm not really sure what to think. Our religion is just for our tribes, the people of Moses, but he teaches that our god and religion are for all people, not only for our tribe. This is unsettling to many of my people."

"A single god for all people, how strange. Would this include Romans as well."

"Yes, Marcus, it is would include you as well."

I scoffed at this: Romans consorting with other lesser peoples, "How absurd!"

"Yes, a sect that wants to encompass all people is strange to me as well. I don't really know what to think of that."

Leaving the ruins we hurried to find our meeting place with Titus's mission. It had been a long day in Jerusalem.

*****

As we travelled north towards the large inland water Rebekah and I moved ahead of the main body of the mission. We were moving towards the district of my slave's home and she was anxious. Deciding to alleviate her stress we left the main body. In truth, I enjoyed riding through the rolling hills with my woman at my side on her small mount and with no other Romans around.

Rebekah had become more important to the mission then I had ever imagined possible. Titus had her at his side whenever local leaders were brought in to see him. Rather than her translating his initial words of greeting and description of his requirements he had her speak directly to her countrymen. Often they looked confused and suspicious of a woman of their people sitting beside a Roman nobleman surrounded by other Romans. It became obvious when the words moved away from those of the mission as she evidently explained who she was. She would point to herself and then me and I recognized her word for slave. The Jewish men nodded their heads in understanding and sometimes in clear sympathy. Titus would then bring the conversation back to the points he wished discussed. Through all this we learned of the current state of the crops, the economy of the area besides farming and the health and wealth of the people under Roman direct rule. And more importantly, could they bear more taxation.

I believe that Rebekah's soft words of translation were calming to the local leaders and Titus knew this as well. She furthered his aims with her quiet gracious presence.

Afterwards, Titus, myself and Rebekah would discuss the conditions of the people and then Titus and I would review their taxation. Rebekah sat quietly through this part. I knew our mission to extract more out of this province was unsettling to her but she also knew that surfacing the truth of their hardships might spare more pain for her people.

Riding along we entered an area of steep sided rocky walls along side a dry river bed. I didn't like the feel of confinement and my hand gripped my sword involuntarily. Ahead a man watched us approach and then moved behind a boulder as if walking away. I tensed.

In all our time in Judea I had not felt overly threatened. The people had seemed so defeated. The men were cowed in the presence of Romans. But we had been warned by the Governor that there were untamed bands of Jewish men hiding in the countryside. Until now I had not been concerned.

Suddenly, behind us, I heard the clip clop of horses. Turning I expected to see mounted Romans but the riders seemed native. This was unusual. We saw few signs of horses in the encampments and towns of Judea. My hand tightened its grip on my sword.

In front of us six men appeared moving into the narrow passage. One of them held up his hand yelling something at us. His meaning was clear. We were to halt and Rebekah spoke up, "Marcus, they have demanded we stop."

Eyeing them warily I asked her, "Rebekah, ask them what they want?" She guided her mount in front of me and began a heated exchange with the men. They gestured towards me scowling and she motioned to me and I recognized the words for Roman and master.

One of the men, probably their leader, spit on the ground in my direction and yelled something at me. I drew my sword. Immediately all the men around me produced weapons.

"Master, I am worried by these men. They want to take us to their encampment."

"Tell them to back off and let us be on our way." Another heated exchange passed between Rebekah and her countrymen. The men on horseback behind crowded closer. I wheeled my mount and held my sword up.

"Master please. These men are dangerous to you. Do not provoke them."

"Rebekah, tell them Roman soldiers will hunt them down if they harm us."

"I have told them of the mission and the armed guards Titus has with him. They have scoffed at that. And Marcus, they said they would kill you if you resist." The look of alarm in her eyes told me that her words were true.

"Marcus please, drop your sword. You cannot fight them all." As I turned to face the leaders a savage blow smashed into my head. The last thing I heard before darkness fell upon my eyes was a scream from my slave, and then oblivion.

*****

My first thought as I struggled to consciousness was how desperate my thirst was. The second thought was the pounding pain in my head. It felt as though my whole mind was about to explode with the pressure. I tried to move but found my hands were bound behind my back and my neck was encircled by a chain attached to a length of rope. I had almost no motion I was so tightly bound. I strained to look around, to see if my slave was with me. In the dim light I saw that I was alone and a sense of dread crept through the pounding pain.

I lay like this for hours until a woman entered the darkened room. Behind her stood a man, a warrior with weaponry on his belt. She poured a liquid into a cup and held it to my lips. I drank with gratitude for the water, my thirst desperate. Both of them left and I fell into a restless sleep.

Awakening, I noticed the light filtering through a small hole in the wall. It was morning now. The cloth covering the doorway was suddenly swept aside and several men entered the room. They brought in the woman who had served me water the day before and once again she approached with more water. One of the men untied my hands and the woman held out a piece of dried bread and some dates that I accepted with gratitude. My hunger was now replacing my thirst as the greatest discomfort.

The look of the men was ominous and in fact, I felt I was probably lucky to be alive. A heated debate broke out among them and they frequently pointed to me. I knew my fate was being debated.

One man said something and then left the room while the others remained silent, looking at me. Minutes later, the man returned pulling Rebekah by the hand into the room. Just seeing her gave me hope and then quickly followed by despair. If they decided to ransom me I would probably never see my slave again. This hurt more than I could ever have a imagined. Slaves in Roman society were considered disposable but the thought of losing her was crushing me more than my captivity did.

Words were exchanged between the men and Rebekah and finally she turned to me and said, "Marcus, they want to know why you are in their country. Are you a spy they ask?"

I was shocked by their attitude. Romans ruled this land. How could I be a spy. Still, my life was in danger and I considered carefully my answer, then spoke, "Rebekah first of all I am happy to see you looking well. I hope you have been well treated. In answer to these men please tell them I am here to determine the state of their country and if there taxation is too high. That is all."

Rebekah spoke at length to the men and one turned to me and spat at my feet and let loose a torrent of vicious words. He drew his sword and brandished it at me. Rebekah stepped in front of him and said words quickly to him. He backed off.

"Rebekah, what do they want from me?" I asked in desperation.

"Marcus, they are trying to decide if ransoming you is possible but they are afraid of approaching your people. They are hiding from them. They are fugitives from the fighting I believe."

"Are they treating you well?"

"Marcus, they are my people and they want to free me from Roman slavery."

Of course they would, I thought. If I was ransomed Rebekah would never accompany me. She would disappear into the countryside, a fugitive just like these men. I prayed to the gods that if she was caught by Roman soldiers they would not know she was an escaped slave. Just thinking of this deepened my despair.

"Rebekah, tell them I mean them no harm, nor does Titus. We are not a military expedition."

"Marcus, I have. All these men have suffered greatly in the wars with Rome. Many have no family left after the fighting killed many of them and the rest were enslaved. They will never tolerate Roman rule but I have told them you are a good man and kind master and that they should spare you."

Thank you my slave for trying to save me. Yes, I thought, they would not be friends of Rome so soon after the war. Many conquered areas eventually saw the benefit of the peace, however brutally won, brought about by Roman rule. Our civil and military goals were to pacify the conquered lands and eventually make them at least neutral towards us if not exactly allies. For these men the recent past was too raw for that and my life was in grave danger. My thoughts then turned to my slave's future.

"Rebekah, if they do ransom or free me what will you do? Will you go with them?" The men eyed me suspiciously but Rebekah held up her hand holding them back.

"Master I am torn in my mind. I yearn for my home but my close family is gone and our settlement destroyed. Your family has been kind to me even though I am just a slave. And I have grown accustomed to being your slave." And what about all the lovemaking, I thought. Did that ever mean anything to her?

The men started to bark at me and began pulling Rebekah away. I shouted out, "Rebekah, what about me? Have I not treated you well?" At my outburst a man smashed me with his fist. Each of the four men in the room advanced and began kicking me in the stomach and ribs. I wrapped my arms around my sides as the blows landed. The wind was knocked out of me and I had trouble breathing. Through it all I could hear Rebekah shouting at them. Finally, one turned to her yelling in anger and then he dragged her out of the room leaving me to wonder if I would ever see my slave again.

Just when I thought they were planning to finish me off the blows stopped. My hands were retied and I was left alone in the dark room to ponder the fact that I was probably worth more alive than dead and the possibility of a ransom was all that kept me alive.

****

I awoke from a tortured sleep and sensed I was not alone in the pitch black room. A hand touched my arm and a voice whispered in my ear, "Quiet. Do not speak." Rebekah was here in the room and I tensed as I felt a cold blade working at the ropes around my wrists.

Was she really trying to free me? The men would know it was she who aided my escape if I was so lucky and their anger would be savage.