All Comments on 'A Slight Miscalculation'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 239 Comments (Page 2)
MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

"But... but... but... it worked so well in the magazines! And from friend Rosa told me..."

This is a 5* story of how it really goes down!

jazzharpjazzharpabout 1 year ago

With 101 comments, you don't need mine. But what the hell. I don't like the theme. Does it really happen in life that a wife announces she going to start screwing other guys (for whatever reason)? So, I peaked at the ending and decided to read your story.

The counselor scene was fabulous. There were other scenes too that added up to a very entertaining story. Thanks. 5 Stars.

flatcar44flatcar44about 1 year ago

"Travis was pleased with the life he was living, even if it wasn't his first choice." Is a great line. He made lemonade out of lemons.

mainer42mainer42about 1 year ago

your regular excellent read sir

SDN1955SDN1955about 1 year ago

Enjoyable story, particularly the scene with the counselor.

RodrigoHacheRodrigoHacheabout 1 year ago

5 stars. I love it.

cyendreycyendreyabout 1 year ago

Very good story, but somehow feels unfinished and I’m not sure why.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Great Writing, Great Story, and Great Effort! What a new take on the old "I'm going to date other men." Trope! I'm sure that in Reality, it does work out this way. Sometimes. All men can't be destroyed completely when the formerly loyal and faithful wife decides to stray. This was a Great Look at what can and frequently does happen to married couples, especially when the wife has a nasty influence as shown here. The concept here, presented by the Great Author "Hooked1957" is amazingly portrayed of a husband only regarded as a "6" by a "12" wife but that was only her perspective. LOL, things sure changed after she had that second date to cheat! She got served with divorce papers at work. How embarrassing. Happened to me, I know. LOL. Regardless, this story should qualify for the HallMark Channel it is so epic in proportions. The Sex Goddess wife learned a sad lesson in life when her X husband was doing better than she was as a divorcee'! LOL, Very Good Job, Good read. Thank You for the effort! And I thank you, for all the guys that have been shit on by their cheating wives as well!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 1 year ago

Nothing really original to this story. While I appreciate it that other women appreciste Travis for who he is, the ending with Lauren is pretty bad. She claims to miss Travis, she sees how other women react to him, yet she still clings to the idea she is a 12 and he is a 6? Why does she regret losing Travis if that is the war she feels? It makes no sense since she obviously doesn't have any reason to want to be with him. If the idea is to show her having regrets about the way she treated him or realized she screwed up to allow the reader to gloat, it isn't there at all.

Opinionated1Opinionated1about 1 year ago

Really entertaining twist on a familiar yarn. It's still very hard for me to accept there are women who

are not in the typical 'fancy free' dating scene who, after a quarter century relationship decide they needs to completely disregard their long time hubby and screw every guy in sight expecting their

disgarded hubby will be there for them when their fling is done...

Craig1878Craig1878about 1 year ago

Loved it, thanks for the effort. *****

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 1 year ago

I think Lauren screwed her self by stepping out of a happy marriage, there are so many more women that are single after 40 that Travis would not be lonely very long.

Moonbat74Moonbat74about 1 year ago

Not bad, pretty by the numbers. She might have been a 12 in looks, but she was a 0 for personality. And looks ALWAYS fade....

elling50elling50about 1 year ago

It seem to be a common premise for a story, a wife deciding to openly take lovers against the protest and agony of the husband. The story was not original enough, and I dislike that after the divorce the husband had just as many partners as the wife, but was a stud as opposed to the wife who was labeled a whore. Well written but just 3 * due to lack of originality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story. It is hard to believe there are women this self involved but, I was married to one for 50 years until I had enough and left.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

The only thing that bothers me about this story is that you make your protagonist look like a total idiot. Or do you really know women who act like that? 4*!

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 1 year ago

My husband's solution to this kind of a problem is actually quite simple. When that car pulled up in the drive, he would have gone out and immediately taken his bat to the drivers side window and yanked the interloper out and proceed to beat him half to death and probably redesign the sheet metal of that vehicle.

Sounds like a story to write :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The last few lines that she was a 12 and he was a mere 6 so it shouldn't have ended that way are brilliant. I guess I am a 6, and I have dated some 12's. But they always brushed me off. I married a woman with great face, 6 body, and 15 mind. Absolutely brilliant an funny. I knew what I had and we shared 37 years till cancer ended our marriage. I learned early the song, Never make a pretty woman your wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 stars, wonderful story. Thank you for sharing

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

Nice story where an over-entitled, narcissistic and arrogant partner in what is supposed to be a life-long relationship tries to force onto the other partner a very one-sided change in that relationship.

Written well, and while the ex-husband may never regain enough trust to marry again, he at least seems to have again found his value and self-respect.

5 stars from here.

Tootight1Tootight1about 1 year ago

good story. Thank you. A bit predictable, with a slight hiccup.

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

GREAT story!!! Well done again!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

the old martian slut ray plot. so tired of this. it was absolutely boring and unemotional. *

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

A woman's worst enemy is a slut friend!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story! I like the ending where Lauren shows us that she hasnt learned a thing. To me that is more realistic than the stories where the wife betrays the husband in the most horrific ways but still claims to really really love him... nice to see another approach.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Good read. Moral of the story-don’t marry a known tramp unless you are a swinger

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Different things make a guy a 10 vs a woman

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Not a bad tale at all. But very quite. Unfortunately?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Although he didn't tell his wife, Travis really didn't want to rush into divorce. He was hoping that she would come to her senses quickly, and abandon her foolish plans of cuckolding him. He believed he could forgive her and they could get past her transgression if she would stop this foolishness." Cuck.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 1 year ago

Wow!!! Travis was such a wimp. He should have gone to Home Depot and changed the locks on her first date instead of waiting to see if she would come back to him. But at least he did divorce her and let her have her pathetic life. And when she thought she was a 12 while her ex-husband was a 6 was way off. I guess she never realized that every time she slutted herself out her number was dropping. By the end of the story she was a 3 or maybe a 4 because she was so good looking, but certainly not higher than a 4. However today this is happening more and more in our society, women cheating on their husbands is getting too commonplace. Most women do not stop and think that as men get older they will fuck almost anything that can walk or talk just so they are not lonely for a night.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He should have used one of the mercenaries who work for the defense contractor you mentioned he works for to take her out. Life would have been way more simple and he could have kept the house

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Over time, quality, that is substantive, matters. She found that out about her ex husband way too late, too late to tactically mitigate her fundamental character flaw.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Some are just stupid!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Average story with no depth. Definitely not your best. Felt like it was written with a deadline in mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Most commenters on this site are like hammers, viewing everything else as if it were all nails.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayabout 1 year ago

Overused LW cliche that is not worthy of your excellent writing.

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 1 year ago

Your story was well written I liked it. It brought some chuckles to me. Yes, it is a slut-ray story and Lauren definitely miss-calculated. Travis stayed for their children; this I can understand completely. I liked the reversal on the score card filling too, where his became quite full AFTER the divorce. The marriage counselor had me really chuckling.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 1 year ago

I know this was fiction because you have a good marriage counselor in there. Not in this country.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 year ago

Great story of personal values and gave it 5 stars.

Thanks

liqueurliqueurabout 1 year ago

God, is this a morality tale, or what is it? Because it sure isn't erotica.

Meanwhile, the “he shoulda done this”, “he shoulda done that” commenters are full of crap. There's nothing wrong with the way Travis handled things. And the writing isn't terrible— It just isn't interesting. Let alone sexy.

I've only read a few of your other stories, and have enjoyed those. This one is the least interesting I've read, and it's definitely at the bottom of the heap as far as sexy goes.

rjordanrjordanabout 1 year ago

I have simple, not low expectations. If I can read to the end and remain entertained, it gets a 5*. Expectations easily met.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What rjordan said. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Travis is a spineless weakling. True, Lauren's beautiful & all, but she dumped him in HS to go with this football player, ignored him through college, then suddenly she's all hot for him? She showed her true colors while he allowed himself to become entrapped by her. And marrying her? If she dismisses him that long, the logical question is what happens when & if they got serious.

That set up the years later episode of Lauren listening to her co-worker & telling (forcefully asking?) Travis for a hall pass, which wasn't. The initial two weeks to date/ have sex with other men too quickly became two & three months. She's expecting him to wait for her to finish, not realizing that, while by looks he might not be all that, his other attributes would more than weigh greatly in his favor. She didn't wake up until she received the divorce petition then thought she could return.

Lauren became a bitch, not mentioning a slut, by not only believing there's no other man that could not turn her away, but her dates finished up with sex, which she later brought into her marriage with her needs. She also thought that lady counselor would be on her side, only to be told that the councelor's disgusted with her. The surprising part is his daughter Michelle, who asked if she stopped seeing other men, would he take her back.

... His response, while a bit shocking, totally low key, asking astonished that even after being served, she's still seeing other guys. Michelle's question was obvious for the answer; a "hell no! Not after what she's done for these months" should've been his. Actually, the entire thing of Travis waiting those months was showing his wimpiness. After two weeks at the most comes a "return here NOW to try & save our marriage, or don't return at all".

Despite what "liquer" wrote, there's nothing wrong with commenters saying the "he shoulda" line. But there's something fucked up with how Travis handled the situation, as stated above. I liked the overwhelming amount of stories Hooked1957 wrote, but this isn't one of them, so 2**.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman12 months ago

Meh. just standard drivel. Travis is the only bright spot.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

@travis is a spineless weakling. What a dope. I’m better this not tough guy’s never ad a meaningful girlfriend, let alone a wife. But Biy, is he ever tough — and, of course, alone. What a loud mouth twat.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Story would have never happened.if a girl shows herself once, like she did earlier. No marriage would have happened later. Sure, they could be fuck buddies for a while but never try and build a life with selfish, self centered bitch like her. She never grew up and hopefully her opinion of herself will keep her fed as she grows old and dies alone.

What a useless bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Travis was dumped by Lauren in HS for another guy after he dated her for a while.. Why Travis allowed himself to become involved a 2nd time is puzzling. She might be gorgeous, but she's shown to be a self-loving slut, having sex with whomever dates her, while dropping those she decides is beneath her. She mainly became interested in him again when he showed little interest in her at that bar. Telling.

Lauren then, after years of marriage, decides to have sex with other men for a few years. This was implanted in her evidently small brain by her slutty friend. She doesn't ask, but tells her husband what she's going to do, & expects him to stay home until she decides she's finished. Lauren seems to think that everything evolves around her & her beauty; she's surprised when her then ex enjoys his time away from her.

Jackie's a work also, telling her father when he calls that it's her body, but never finishes, as he shuts her up. He didn't ask the key question: does she agree with that & planning on following her mother's footsteps? Should he warn her fiance? After everything that happened, why are the daughters try to reconcile their parents?

Now to this author. Writing overall is good. However (constructive criticism, I hope): too many writings of "the pair of them" or something similar. What about "they". Moreso, the repetitive repeating of the names; if there's only two people mentioned, it doesn't have to be constantly repeated. Lowers the quality of the writing along with the previous example. The same for using the word "way" as in "he's way good" as an example. There are much better words to use. Just saying. Overall, can't rate this above a 2. Sorry, Hooked1957.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It's more than strange that so many high and mighty moralisers find themselves commenting on a website for erotic literature. It also doesn't go unnoticed that they seem to get off on women that behave like sluts getting their just deserts ...

Why do so many cucks like to read about themselves? Vicariously getting off at the subsequent misfortune of the woman, makes me wonder if the woman that cucked them went off to have much better lives, and this is the only way their burning hatred can be assuaged.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So fresh and original...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Hard to imagine that she could have been a good wife for 23 years while being such a hellaciously selfish bitch for her entire life in the times before and after the marriage.

The slut ray is a staple of LW. The dramatic suppression of the selfish slut impulse is much rarer.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very well done.

maxx308maxx30812 months ago

Very good story and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Entertaining, but not one of Hooked’s best. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story. Lauren was arrogant, self-centered and delusional. But not evil. Pride comes before the fall. She held onto her arrogant attitude even until the end.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Appreciate the numerous chuckles.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

She never learned.

Seems a common trait among the so called beautiful people.

I personally think the hideous insides show through the whole persona

LoneEagleLoneEagle11 months ago
Gotcha

To Anonymous 7/5/2023.

I've never had to worry about being one of the beautiful people.

Made it easy to develop a realistic personality!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"Although he didn't tell his wife, Travis really didn't want to rush into divorce." Your male characters are pussies.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written story. It surprised me that it took so long to realize she was so selfish. Another point seems to be why even after frivolous sexual encounters and VD, she still doesn't understand her shallow interaction and expect her great husband to come crawling back.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not one of your best works. I dithered between three stars and four, and then went with three, for an average tale.

JPB

SeaChangerSeaChanger11 months ago

Excellent parable, character trumps beauty.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hubris.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT10 months ago

Sry, but that was one of your weaker pieces. Feelings did't get through to me.

SouthdownSouthdown10 months ago

Excellent job of a well used plot. I read most of the comments, some more carefully than others .

5***** stuff Thank You, I got a lot from the comments I hope you approved of them. They added to the story for me but the main enjoyment was the writing skill. GREAT Job, GREAT VERSION OF THIS MUCH REPEATED TROPE.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

sbrooks103x

with all of the shit that comes spouting out of your mouth the workers at your local Sewage Treatment Plant must put in a lot of overtime.

anythinganalanythinganal10 months ago

A common LW trope that had been done better by others. She got what she deserved. After all who would want to be with somebody who only thinks of you as a 6?

jesemmojesemmo10 months ago

Good story, not one of your best, but still quality writing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A good read but too many shallow people who judge themselves and others by what they look like.

Sure, my wife was a pretty girl when we first met and still is, btw but that's not the reason why we're still together more than forty years on. She would never have dropped me if some other man paid her attention, even if he was better looking than me and I wouldn't have done that to her. Personality counts for an awful lot.

rbloch66rbloch6610 months ago

What a stupid twit.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Also if he had just put up with it he would have been reduced to a 5 or 4.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Never understand! Why in the world would a guy believe she is better than him? Seriously what an inferiority complex.!!

Wimp didn't immediately go on line as soon as she gave notice of her affair! Divorce starts! Already emotionally and mentally in affair up to her head.

Hate MCs who Dilly dally around. Shit happens deal with it

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Decent story about a completely delusional slut and unfortunately another fairly wimpy bloke. I am assuming both Slut Rosa and Slut wife believe in equality? Cos I do and if they are equal I can treat them the way I would treat a friend, teammate , squad mate who betrays me I guarantee you both sluts would have neither the desire or ability to have sex less than a minute after “we have to talk”

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

He's prime aged beef on the HOOK

He's prime aged beef on the HOOF

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She confused physical attractiveness with being an all around attractive person which she was not. Her arrogance was her downfall.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Arrogant, self-centered whore, she deserves to be alone with no one to love her , because she doesn't know how to love anyone but herself. There's more to life than looks. A good man may be attracted by a woman's looks at first but he continues to be with because of her personality if he actually has any character (I'm not talking the dushy GQ pretty boys) and an actual soul.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A 12 that's too old to have children, has an ex husband and 2 adult daughters is already a solid 6. Add her selfish attitude and promiscuous nature she's a 4 on a good day.

At beat she's a 6 for sex only.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Having been married twice in my 70 years to jewels of women, I can say with certainty that a solid 6 with an engaging personality, and reliable character trumps a flighty 10 or 12 'looker' every time. Hou have to LIVE with the looks too. Besides, when biological attraction joins emotional engagement and added companionship, those solid 6s seem like 10s every time. I have never cheated or divorced. My first died of cancer at 49 and the second was her best friend who was a widow we had known for 30 years. So, yes, like this story, its surprising what comes out of the woodwork of acquaintances and friends after a spousal loss. I began reading here primarily for the exercise of moral imagination (as in judgement) by some great authors - George Anderson, Richard Gerald, and others less known but also excellent such as Laptop Writer. This author comes close to joining that pantheon. It got me writing again after so many years as a journalist. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well Hooked, you did it, you followed the same stupid script to a tee...average looking man, but a good guy, is manipulated by his "most beautiful on the planet wife", to accept her sudden desire to fuck the entire male population. And this was after 23 years, yes 23 years of loving fidelity. Like all the other ridiculous stories in this well worn tale, the most gorgeous woman in the world ends up alone and miserable, not able to attract a suitable and rich handsome man, while the average looking but nice guy has women coming out his ears and has a hard time choosing among all of the available fantastic women, so he chooses two. Meanwhile the supremely gorgeous ex-wife can not find anyone the caliber of her ex. This story is so absurd it is laughable. Do you write this crap just to make your readers puke? One must have a bucket near them to read this stuff. give you a 2 for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He is lucky that she made the announcement that she was going to date others. If she had just cheated, she probably would have gotten away with it. He was trusting because he loved her and he assumed that she felt the same way. Because of that he never would have suspected a thing. His biggest mistake though, was when he let her come back into his life after college. Her mistreatment of him during their high school years was the red flag that indicated her true character.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Is Travis really any different from Lauren? She wanted sex on the side while remaining married to Travis. He rejected this idea but in the end expected two women to share him just for sex. The most realistic part of the story was that Travis will never trust a woman again.

Busman19639Busman196398 months ago

The bitch went out on him and couldn’t understand that he could move on without her.

amygdalaamygdala8 months ago

I must admit I love her over-inflated sense of self worth that she has in her self. Till the very end of this tale this lady is hung up on appearance and why life is stil giving her lemons and not the iced lemonade that she feels she deserves.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I love it when the pretty people get dumped on, or just dumped. The self centered assholes need to learn that they're just people not anything special. While I find pretty women enjoyable to look at I rarely bother any further waste of effort on them, just not worth the energy you can put into getting to know a nice personable one that there's a future with.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

so in the end nobody was really happy .

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Kinda stupid.

#1. Does this EVER happen on real life? “Honey, I’m going to fuck around for a while and you’re going to love it.”

#2 what man let’s his wife go out on a date without tying her to their bed if that’s what it takes to stop her. The next morning after her broken date she can make her choice but at least she’ll know her husband’s thoughts on the matter.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Agree with previous commenter wholeheartedly. Would think ends up in disaster except for a perverse subculture of wiling cuckold. And answer is no to #2 unless the husband already just chrck out of the marriage. But this a standard LW trope.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thr best character was the marriage counselor. Shot snd sweet burn. Lauren is delusional. Suspect such occurrences are purely fiction and rarely happen in real life without severe consequences. Normal route (though ignoble.and immoral) would be to cheat secretly on the side. Reprehensible but smarter move than her declaration. Sounds like Lauren, though beautiful wasn't that good in the sack. Ironically though a common LW trope this is nit close to being one of the top 5 reasons for a wife to have an affair. Sounds more like one of the common reasons for a husband to cheat. Easily researched and verified on thr Internet a la large psych studies.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

4 Stars on this one . His daughter's were just as honest as their Mother . I have only had 1 daughter and daddy's little Princess Stabbed him in the back in court .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story, Hooked. I don’t understand the negative comments on the story, I mean this is Literotica and it is Loving Wives. What do they expect, Henry David Thoreau? You should refund the money they paid to read your story.

As for the story, I thought Travis went above and beyond when he offered to stay married if she didn’t cheat again after the first one. But

she just couldn’t keep it in her pants. So to speak. Five stars. And thanks for sharing. B

sdc97230sdc972307 months ago
More Lillian Comacho!

Definitely need to use this character again.

Maybe a series, "From the files of Lillian Comacho."

sdc97230sdc972307 months ago
And Lauren is NOT remorseful

Remorse is when you feel regret or guilt for something you did wrong. Lauren only feels regret that what she did didn't work out the way she wanted it to.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Five stars. Well told.

PondLife2023PondLife20237 months ago

Now that’s a great story!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Yep , the arrogance is deep in this one . I took a young lady with the same issues to a bar . In the half hour that she was with me until I wandered away from her . She spent a whole two minutes with me , you want to be ignorant ? No problem I can do that it was amusing watching her trying to figure out where in hell I had disappeared to .

skruff101skruff1016 months ago

He managed to dump the wife but it turns out he should have dumped at least one of the daughters, she suggested to her mother that she should just have cheated on daddy dearest, no harm no foul, which with that attitude doesn’t bode well for when she got married later on.

Ahh well what are you gonna do? Women… can't live with em, can’t feed them into the wood chipper.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous