All Comments on 'A Slight Miscalculation'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

love it when an arrogant entitled egotistical democrap slut hoists herself up her own petard, thinking that shes better smarter prettier but not knowing shes mostly stupider than all the others she imagines herself better than. this slut epitomizes the democrap mentality, they all think no ones smarter than them despite all the facts showing their thinking and ideas and agendas are ruinous to all others. That disastrous consequences resulting from their arrogant rigid unintelligent& ignorant policies help noone except them and they deny any and all responsibility for bad results. democraps ,self proclaimed intellecsual,s elites and females share a common issue, they all suck are stupid evil and clueless. rk

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I personally am not very fond of the "Pretty" people as some are just a bunch of self centered asshats who aren't worth the bother, but of course there are better ones as well. But as a rule when bad things happen in their lives it more than likely their own fault, so who cares.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

"Wood Chipper" Heh, Heh!😈👿☠️💩🔥😇💀😱😂🤣👍

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

\All the usual tropes, mediocre at best.

Chimo1961Chimo19616 months ago

Who doesn’t love a burnt whore? 5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Do people really believe this shit

My god if so we are really screwed

I wish the story had a ending as is it’s just a story that just says live goes on and has no meaning except self pleasure

inka2222inka22226 months ago

4.5 stars. I'm with Anon before, the better looking the person is, the shittier their personality is likely to be, especially for women, since they get to live life on "Easy" mode.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written, no wimp

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

An exquisitely, crystalline clear, depiction of a true narcissist. Even at the end she could not even conceive that she, and she alone, was responsible for her post divorce life and end.

Truly a pathetic woman. Shallow and vain to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The characters in this story all seem to have the minds of school children with all this BS about sixes, tens and twelves. Adults don't base their choices of partners on any perception of how visually appealing the partners are compared to themselves. Ultimately personality trumps looks because that's what determines how life is going to be. A good read, though and always satisfying to see an arrogant fool blow herself up!

JR

WillowghbyWillowghby5 months ago
Zero

...deductions from me for missing words, misspellings, bad punctuation, improper word choice, crappy pacing, inconsistent characters, or non sequiturs. While the story is not full of original plot twists or unique sequences of BTB machinations, it is solid and very entertaining. Thank you, Hooked.

Keep 'em comin'!

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos5 months ago

It took Traci... um I mean Lauren, too long to "sorta" learn her lesson. This is kind of a constant theme with you and your stories, I've seen several where the women are so obtuse it borders on comedy. If you could just clean that up, your stories would be a lot better.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Regardless of other comments, I enjoy the stories and respect the writer. Thank you Hooked.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Have you ever considered giving one of your male characters a set of man berries?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

I would have liked Lauren to grow to realize her mistakes, apologize and show regret and remorse before moving on with her life. Once that happened, then reconciliation could have been a slim possibility.

So, I was simply disappointed with the ending, enjoyed the rest a fair bit.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I identify with Travis in many ways but never got around to taking two partners to a daughter's wedding. That's five star class!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Another MC that gets whipped and led around by pussy. It amazes me how many Lit authors think men just go around being complete idiots because of beautiful women.

arnowolarnowol4 months ago

This time 5*****!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I enjoyed the story as it was well written and could very well see how it could be true. The tropical TEN scale that males used was not in favor of the wife being outward appearances do not make the total package. Oh well, some people tend not to include personality into that TEN scale.

MorbidromanticMorbidromantic4 months ago

It didn't work for me. I didn't like Travis' casual hook-ups. For me, he and his ex ended being the same. I ended disliking both characters.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

After the first cold blooded announcement ANY normal man would have told her the marriage is over and annoited her head and clothing with Wesson Oil, or something similar. Only when created by lw authors do otherwise normal men dither about cutting the slut loose. 1

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Like many of these stories we have a loving wife who we learn after a quite reasonable, if misguided, confession is either anything other than a LW or someone hit by the Martian sex ray.

We're meant to believe that she loves her ex and wants to get back with him, but unlike most women is incapable of going more than a few days, if that, without sex. Sex that I might add is unsatisfactory and not what she professes to want. Yet she can't help herself.

I appreciate that some people can be their own worse enemies, but really! no one can go from being Inteligent to being delusionally stupid without having either fallen in love or suffering from some kind of mental illness/brain damage.

You also can't go retrospectively changing the past to make her character less than, because that person was the one that the MC fell in love with and accepted warts and all and doing so is counter productive and just makes her less of a loving wife and him more of a dick that deserves it.

Ursus1932Ursus19323 months ago

Yeahhhh! Now this is a STORY!!!! Could not beat it with a stick, thanks.

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa3 months ago

Loved the story. Maybe a little abrupt at the end. Maybe a second STD for Lauren and then looking back when she was 60 and thinking damn I am all alone.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I dislike this story immensely, are all of this authors male MC's closet cuckolds?

inka2222inka22223 months ago

@anon - yeah, he's one of the posse of misandric authors who don't think cheating should be punished. Even his "BTB" maxes out at "he spends a bunch of time the cheating skanks 'comes back' to him" instead of immediate divorce, then in rare lucky case, he may possibly get sex while she never has any downside other than the divorce. The kids at best are neutral, at worst pushing for RAAC. No financial penalty for her. No reputation loss. No karma. No major regret.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This is fiction, the story telling is enjoyable, the MC's are not. Dyring banter we might give notes purely by looks, in the marriage business it never was like that for most people. Women always had a (mental) list they ticked off while choosing a husband. In todays teens and twens hook-up market the looks of the man have gained importance with women. All in all hypergay among females is rampant these day. The average young male has little chances.

However, men who are fairly fit, financially stable, personable and with an overall positive perspective have no problem to find women. So if a man has established himsrlf at the age of 30 his prospects in the dating scene (dating as in dating vs. hook up) and in the arriage market skyrocket and stay high for decades and the pool of potentially interested women includes many 20something ones. All of the above is not my imagination, but is backed up by the results of studies.

So the description of the husband's forays into the mating game are believable. And contrary to some comments here he does not sink to the level of his ex. First of all he kept his wedding vows and only started dating after the divorce was finalized. Secondly he has a different approach, the author has described it and I won't repeat it here.

What I do not like about this chwrakter is his naivety. He sold himself short with no reason, as I mentioned above. He was no child but a young man and he would have known that his worth in the marriage market was not solely or even primarily related to his good looks. I guess it depends on the upbringing, genetics and the social surroundings, but most men around my age (62) that I know are not that shallow (and weren't at 20 either) as to reduce the worth of a woman to her good looks, except when shooting the breeze. To choose a mate is and has been a completely different story.

Also, parents, other relatives, even more mature friends would have advised my younger self against marrying a slut, had I ever taken that path into consideration.

Well, as others have pointed out, even in his 40ies our MC was still the same naive guy he was two decades earlier, too trusting and wimpy, a cuck really. Wife makes the statement she does in the beginning- marriage is over exept from the formalities. Instant separation, communication henceforward via lawyers, no personal contact without witnesses!

AmbivalenceAmbivalence2 months ago

While a woman being her husband's slut raises her numbers, her just plain being a slut lowers her numbers.

So, her 12 likely drops down to a 7 or 8.

And he might only look like a 6, but his apparent bedroom skills, as well as the way he treats women in general raises his number. So he might easily rate a 9 or higher.

Clearly, her ability to fully rate herself or him was seriously screwed.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

12 on the outside (which will probably drop over time as she ages) and about a -5 on the inside so overall is a 7. He's a 6 on the outside and likely to stay like that and about an 8 on the inside so overall is a 14. "Scoring" someone should always be on the total package. Her "friend" Rosa is even lower on the scale as she blew up her "friends" marriage with her twisted views and morals. Lauren got exactly what she deserved a rubbish life. He got what he deserved a good one. Enough said, except this is another good story and one hopes he does let himself fall in love again. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This woman is a textbook narcissis.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@LoriRobinsonGa: but she won’t be alone at 60. She’ll hav 12 cats keeping her company 😁😁😇

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOgabout 2 months ago

I have to chuckle when I read these delusional authors’ stories. I get this is fiction and all, but not one of my clients ever took their wives’ infidelity laying down, IRL. Broken jaws, broken arms, black eyes, knocked out teeth was common. I do not condone violence, and did not resort to it when my ex decided she no longer wanted to be married after almost 20 years. But I certainly understand my clients’ reactions. I’d like to see more realistic responses from the LW husbands, but since it seems like a requirement for LW stories to have weak husbands, don’t expect it to happen.

CpdtpCpdtpabout 1 month ago

I liked how she didn't found any sort of epiphany. Maybe too many stories hamfist a lot that the cheating spouse will end up drowning in bitter regret, but sometimes that's a very long term conclusion, and sometimes it doesn't even happen because said (ex) spouse is strong at rationalising their selfish actions and mistakes.

Will Lauren end up regretting what she did? It actually sounds unlikely, considering she tanked Syphilis and she's known as the town's bicycle but is still in denial and she's still satisfied about life.

Long story short, she's trash, MC dodged a much bigger bullet than he thought and now it's time to enjoy life to the fullest and not look back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

My second read and still enjoyed it. Reading a couple months worth of comments leaves me wondering if we are reading the same tale - apparently not. Oh well, thanks Hooked.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Reading again. Liked it even more as I absorbed more of the subtleties in the plot.

.

For example: Lauren never did let go of her narcissism. Even more than a decade after the divorce, she still couldn’t admit to ferself that she fucked up.

.

What still irritated me a bit was how casual his daughters were with their mother’s behavior … not just her slutting around, but how she hurt their Dad and never seemed to regret doing it. How could they appear so blasé about that?

.

Still 5 *****

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreaderabout 1 month ago

she a supposed 12 in body, a 3 in mind and a 1 in soul.. so when adding her score up out of 30 in mind body and soul, she is barely a passing human being at 16/30

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

He aged well was financially stable and reasonably good looking.

Sometime in your mid-late thirties or so that alone ups your game.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Great story and sadly there are a few women & men who feel that they are 12's and deserve more than their fair share in Life. Often things do not work out as planned and like they say: "sometimes you get the bear and other times the bear gets you."

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Your best work. You should emphasize quality over quantity.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

There's nothing wrong or bad about being profoundly married as long as your partner is in it with you, if not then you're in a really bad place. You need to rid yourself of this person A.S.A.P. for your own sake.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

No can not understand any man going after a woman who he thinks is above him.

Have friends who are extremely different in looks and occasionally some people look at them strangely But they never have worried about the outside appearance.

Any man who thinks she is above him and goes ahead I cheer for the slut

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Are you ever surprised when people enjoy the failures of the pretty, rich, etc... people, I always enjoy when their lives go to shit, sour grapes, I know but you have to get your bucks someway.😁😂😀

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous