All Comments on 'A Soldier For All Seasons Ch. 08'

by RobertWilsonWriting

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
stewartbstewartbalmost 2 years ago

I find this chapter to be a wasted time used to fill up the word count ... bad enough that it's another week for the next little tid-bit of the story.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 2 years ago
A story with a difference! I love it!

Like the irreverence!

LilithfirstLilithfirstalmost 2 years ago

Awaiting the arena! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really? A space captain whose cum changes women’s bodies and thinking? Where could i have possibly read a story like that? I like everything about this story so far, except that

KellvallonKellvallonalmost 2 years ago

Good job and keep up the good work. I do enjoy this story and am interested in seeing where it will go. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment.

KhefKhefalmost 2 years ago

I'll disagree with the time wasted comment. The chapter does what it sets out to do, and does so decently well. For a short chapter that aims to do a few things, that's enough.

The real issue here is : these eight chapters are a fine beginning but you're gonna need to do some work - and probably soon - if you're aiming for anything other than "Three Square Meals redux, but not quite".

There's easily room for that, given how early it is, but I believe you need to set yourself apart quickly.

The whole "Taranasar" thing being debunked after all, the legally-distinct "Change" being handled differently (like, maybe all girls don't *have* to look the same, or have their linds rewritten the same way, or maybe main dudeman's tastes aren't what they're changing to but more their own),... anything really.

No shortage of options, and I suspect you're good enough to build thing different enough to be relevant.

Just don't be TSM-lite.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

I'm confused you take the Princess away from safety to the literal definition of a lawless criminally controlled region of space?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are on a slippery slope taking the ideas of Three Square meals directly, but I like the way you write. I don't doubt stories influence authors but TSM and this is very close. I agree with the comments below. You don't want to write a variation on a concerto where it is obvious you've taken the ideas wholesale and changed an inconspicuous bit. There is a difference between ideas that have become common in stories, versus taking someone's ideas and reprocessing them wholesale. You are on the edge.

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 1 year ago

This and TSM aren't that close . Sperm enhancements weren't invented by T . That's where the similarity stops . Except for the bugs . But don't look too hard . This story has its own merits .

wheels0132wheels0132about 1 year ago

Fun story so far, but I don’t think he’d have been so stupid as to bring the princess to this lawless rock floating in space. What a horribly incompetent decision on his part. Took me out of it a little bit. :/

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 1 year ago

@ pk2curious - Re: TSM not being close to this

I think you're a little blind if you don't think that by now this isn't greatly influenced by TSM. A protagonist that is a military man close to 40 versus an ex military man, that is still on the books, that's close to 40? Big cocked protagonist that feeds the girls he's with his cum in order to enact physical changes? Possibly mental changes too? Strange DNA and iffy parentage, possibly an alien hybrid? A playful AI that is getting emotionally invested in our protagonist and wishes she could be a real girl? Federation Navy? Alien bugs? Space elves? A possible mythological bogeyman (Taranasar?) in the space elves history that could have been their species' 'progenitor'?

There's a lot of correlation between the two stories. Sure there are other stories and franchises that use similar ideas and tropes but between those two stories there are some strong similarities. It's still good and I'd never say no to more stories that are like Three Square Meals.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRobertWilsonWriting@RobertWilsonWriting
Please see my Patreon page for current progress on A Soldier For All Seasons (Chapter 12 now available) and even more stories. https://www.patreon.com/robwilsonwriting Welcome -- I'm an old school sci-fi author getting back in the game. I like the classic space opera books,...