All Comments on 'A Soldier For All Seasons Ch. 18'

by RobertWilsonWriting

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
ju8streadingju8streadingover 1 year ago

this chapter was too short

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jeepers! He's supposed to be taking ass and kicking names by now! Let's get this revelation with Isabelle on the road and start taking his place atop the judges already!

But seriously, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You've more than sold the idea that Nate's approach to training has been wrong. I think it's time to move on to his "improvement." Just my opinion

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So idgi, did Isabelle leave him? He went from being a near superhero being able to process everything happening around him and with Izzy boosting his functions to a slow and decrepit old fart in a few days with no explanation or even acknowledgement of a decline. It's kinda jarring to the storytelling, but otherwise it's a good tale, still looking forward to the next chapter!

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

The worst thing any author can do is deviate a storyline so completely that it makes everything that happened before it make absolutely no sense? When did Nate make the breakthrough decision that the Princess was no longer in danger? Afterall they already know there's traitors in her Empire because of what happened before during and after her rescue. But because of anecdotal evidence they've gathered during their stupid investigating the Judge debacle.

So he sends the Princess back to the very people who were trying to capture or kill her great idea Nate but that's fine she's protected by the complete stranger you just met 🤔 😉 🙂 Fuck me Dead this guy is like an amalgam of every stupid male trait you can name and his only redeeming feature is his wonder dick 🤣🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nate's Judge training makes no sense. He's gone from a kick-ass hero to a total incompetent idiot, who is far slower than everyone. There is no explanation about why the fighters around him are so much better. No lessons, no instructions on how to improve, just constant beatdowns. Also, anyone familiar with combat training would immediately recognize a system that will create egotistical monsters out for their own good, and not individuals dedicated to upholding the law and producing moral justice. I don't understand why you have taken this tact. If you what the course above his capabilities, find. But don't fill it with the bullies from grade school and then try to convince is they are better because they're able to beat the crap out of those who have less power than them.

ShoopopoShoopopoover 1 year ago

It feels like we've wandered into one of the traps of serialized writing: treading water. When you're writing the latest chapter, if you don't step back to look at the story as a whole, or at least reread the last couple of entries, you run the risk of repeating yourself. Do we really need this much repetition about Nate's life experience being a poor substitute for Judge training? If it continues, it starts to feel like suffering-porn instead of just porn-porn.

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 1 year ago

Now that Nate is amongst the undefiable powers of the " JUDGES " . He must master his potential . It'll take almost killing him . But he will . With assistance from Isabelle .

Mike9947Mike9947over 1 year ago

Good comments below

You need to move on

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbumover 1 year ago

I think most of you are missing the point with the Judge training. Nate has evolved into a leader mentality. However to be a Judge is a singlural vocation. The training is trying to break him off the leadership role and turn him into a space 007. Only can he take the role as a Judge. I also find the pace slow but if you’re going to have Nate be a Judge then something must change within him. Waiting on nex t chapter.

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreader2 months ago

wow so.. nate is useless.. is that what the author really wants to show of his main character? we have already seen the author write isabelle into being irrelevant.. now we just have to see how he handles ana.. because thats the last character the author has yet to ruin.. a truly disappointing work. only because it held so much promise.. goes to show it was an awesome idea, that fell into the hands of the wrong writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRobertWilsonWriting@RobertWilsonWriting
Please see my Patreon page for current progress on A Soldier For All Seasons (Chapter 12 now available) and even more stories. https://www.patreon.com/robwilsonwriting Welcome -- I'm an old school sci-fi author getting back in the game. I like the classic space opera books,...