All Comments on 'A Soldier For All Seasons Ch. 23'

by RobertWilsonWriting

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

HOLY SHIT! This story just gets better and better!!!

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 1 year ago

Yes . That was a bad ass Chapter .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoying the story so far. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

South-African slang for the win!!!

DistantConstellationDistantConstellationover 1 year ago

Now it's getting real. Thank you. Terrifying and forging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You never fail to impress!

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Ughhhhh another chapter showing how the MC is nothing special but this time he literally pisses himself. So thus far the author has gone out of their way to show the MC is of average intelligence & physicality, has a terrible self image, displays reckless and insubordination regularly and has zero strategic sensibilities.

I'm amazed this guy made Captain because in all honestly at most he's Seargant material

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story keep it up

TheDesirable0neTheDesirable0neover 1 year ago

Great story, keep it up. Apparently tales this great also attract their fair share of haters. Just ignore them, especially when they’re just wrong.

Seriously xhristianj? “Zero strategic sensibilities”? Did you even read the chapter? Dropped naked into a blizzard kills a wolf and wears it’s fur. Distracts an armed opponent while allowing his comrade to facilitate a trap to neutralize the threat. Go take your misguided complaints somewhere else. Everything you said was proven opposite in this chapter.

wheels0132wheels0132about 1 year ago

I'm really having second thoughts about the competency of the Council if these are the best quality of Judge candidates they can find, they behave like a bunch of teenage military convicts, and they're supposed to uphold the law? After just two days these trainees have resorted to cannibalism, really? Also, they're still barefoot on the tundra and glacial ice with no frostbite or shredded feet? Attention to small details would help this storytelling. I'm still enjoying this story and universe however, even if some aspects seem problematic/odd.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 1 year ago

This should be more a tale of survival against the elements. All these people have been walking around in snow (however deep) barefoot and naked, for the most part. The human body bleeds off heat, it's how we regulate our internal temperature to cool ourselves and we have to insulate our bodies to keep warm. It would take a few minutes to lose feeling in your extremities (depending on the temperature) and not much longer for actual tissue damage to begin. Being wet in frozen conditions? That's a death sentence, it rids the body of the insulating layer of air and the water acts as a heatsink for the body, readily bleeding off the heat from your skin.

Again this entire test doesn't seem to be survivable, it just seems like it's a way to kill all of these people off and not have to take care of any failures.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

The author is a dumb fuck, totally dumb with no idea. The task is stupid and pointless. How often do judges have to do a nude artic survival trek while being hunted by crazed judges in real life? Who let these fucks into the program? Who let a disgraced fairy into the program that has no experience, who let a gangster into the program? These judges might be able to fight but have no moral compass so how can they be trusted with absolute power? Also the converse seems to be pretty much city and urbanised and space ships,so why all this judge combat training in the great outdoors? Surely urban combat survival would be more appropriate. Clearing a building, stealth navigation within a heavily populated environment, boarding spaceships, blending into and fitting into various environments. This team shit is well shit! The judges appear to be loan wolves from what’s been said. Th only team thing was the Sargent saying when in a team mission know when to follow and go fast. Every real world reference was solo stuff and every encounter was solo stuff. Stealth and infiltration seem to be the skills req, along with grooming agents to work for you, turning enemy against their own organisations so they work for you.

So spy craft, urban combat, space combat and investigative skills seem to be fitting skills of a judge. Combat in the wilds is just boot camp no matter what the bitch says. Boot camp where cheating isn’t actually cheating and useless in a mission in space on your own,

Why did blessing manage to catch them twice??? Because they wouldn’t shut the fuck up and exercise stealth. FFS. You’re in a fucking long cave, they amplify and direct every sound you make and it travels for miles. You flicking idiots. A battle hardened soldier would know to shut up. Communication at a min, essential only and then quietly or with hand signals.

They are strolling across the snow like it’s a Holliday, chatting and laughing. What a bunch of fuckups. Every rise they get to they just walk up and over. Ever heard of skylining you fucking idiots, may as well have a strobe going.

Hypothermia, it’s a thing and it exists in the story as well since the cold is mentioned many times. It’s sub zero as well since there is frozen glaciers and pack ice and blizzards and snow. All need sub zero. So going swimming in water!!!! minutes to live once wet unless you immediately get dry and in a thermal situation, body heat sharing, space blanket, new cloths that are appropriate etc. BUT IF YOUR STILL WET OR DAMP YOUR DEAD IN MINUTES.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

Why do they need food anyway? 3 minuet without air, 3 days no water! 3 weeks no food. And you live. Make everything 2 and you’re in ok shape. The only problem is nudity and the cold. Then they gleefully went swimming laughing and chattering then wondered why they were caught again..

Nate isn’t a soldier and has no soldiering skills. At best he may have been an avid camper and a seasonal hunter some years. He can’t move through an environment stealthily while scanning and observing, he has no personal discipline because he never stops laughing and talking about useless stuff, he’s moving in a combat environment holding hands with a chick and he’s more worried about sex than task completion. He’s decided that judge hood is required to have Ana, he’s made commitments to Ana yet he’s too busy fucking another bird he doesn’t real,y know than completing the tasks required. So he doesn’t really love or like Ana after all . He’s just a fuck up grunt who is a one trick pony, orbital insertion in front of the enemy then get out of the pod and tell his men which direction to fire. No combat skills required.

If you have 100 absolute fuckups of society amd criminals on a judge course to give them absolute power and authority above all laws then why kill them off? Pitting them against each other is silly as they won’t fight judges in the real but criminals in hiding. So testing judges by how many judges on his course they can murder is fucking stupid, your killing then people you thought would be the best judges. Even if they fail they can go home and still be the pillars of the community they were before. You’re robbing the real world of the cream of the crop.

Really they are all just fuckups and murders and criminals so why would you even let them in?

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

This author has no idea! The wet gun might not work…. Vietnam war and the rainy season. Water won’t do a dam thing to a revolver or semiautomatic weapon, pistol or rifle. We’ll help it rust over time I suppose. Submerge the weapon, pull it out, drain it and go. Don’t even disassemble and clean it. Ammunition is fucking waterproof. Old ammo from wars has no problem surviving 50 years on mud and water buried in fields, only to be dug up and explode killing or injuring someone. It detonated because the poweder was dry and the percussion cap was dry but the percussion cap was so old that the explosive in it had degraded and changed to become unstable. Water in a round makes it inert, useless while time and bad storage conditions makes them unstable.

Swimming time and again in Arctic conditions. Those two are already dead but the author just keeps on writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

An intriguing story so far.

I don't like that every woman he meets falls for him and they have sex, but what else can one expect on Lit.

Re Jackspeed comment.

It's not necessarily the author who has no idea about guns and ammo. It was Lunar who said that. That is what she thinks and believes. Don't confuse the fictional character with a the real author.

However your point still stands. Lunar should have known that a gun falling in water won't get damaged. Unless of course the gun is not one that uses an explosion to propel the projectile. If it is a stun gun, or a ray gun or a laser gun or any gun which requires electricity it might have trouble firing after being in water.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRobertWilsonWriting@RobertWilsonWriting
Please see my Patreon page for current progress on A Soldier For All Seasons (Chapter 12 now available) and even more stories. https://www.patreon.com/robwilsonwriting Welcome -- I'm an old school sci-fi author getting back in the game. I like the classic space opera books,...