All Comments on 'A Spill of Blood Ch. 04'

by chasten

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

You make your readers work. It's well worth the effort.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a fantastic story. The pacing, the dialogue, the tension in the shoot, even the end of this chapter where you think it's wrapping up but instead we're entering a whole new act, all of it is top notch.

I would encourage you to publish but then we wouldn't be able to read it here on Lit!

Can't wait until the next chapter, thank you for this great tale, cheers!

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 2 years ago

Excellent, looking forward to the next chapter!

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerover 2 years ago

I've always loved murder mysteries. This one is no exception. I have a few ideas on how this turns out but will anxiously await to see how play it. Excellent work so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent read. I also want to thank you for the brief summary of the story so far at the start of the chapter. You are one fine teller of tales. Thank you.

rubyjac1rubyjac1over 2 years ago

You got me again Chas. Just when Harry had gotten out of jail for performing his public service of ridding NYC of a couple of crooked cops, he and Jesse figured out those $2000 bonds were worth quite a bit more and approached Regan to end his contract more or less.

I thought, for a novel/novella, this was ending abruptly, which is not your style. The race to the finish line took a detour and is now re-routed a different track all together. I agree with the previous commenter regarding getting published, but would have no problem paying for such quality. Just like "Let Him Cry".

tizwickytizwickyover 2 years ago

Amazing work 5 stars! I love the twist at the end of this chapter. The games continue!

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyover 2 years ago

Well, weil, weil. I've read several of Raymond Chandler's works and The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett, translated into German. That was a couple of decades ago. However, regarding Spillane's Mike Hammer I just know: for one it is a literary figure and secondly Stacy Keach starred in a TV series, presumably loosely based on said fictional p.i. 's adventures, so any references are lost on me.

But I did enjoy reading your crime novel and am impressed. Looking at its length in advance I was sighing internally and sort of resigned myself to suffering through it. It never happened- the suffering that is. People might say I'm easily entertained, I don't know if that's true. I do know that I gladly sucked up the first four parts of A Spill of Blood and am eagerly awaiting the next instalment. Thank you very much for indulging us!

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 2 years ago

Intriguing, to say the least--and just when I thought they might have it slammed shut--you manage to have the "main man" pull him back in for a deeper dive.

Thanks for such quality writing while managing to juggle all these threads and characters successfully, as no one seems to steal the limelight from the others, and they all get equal time. That's a VERY hard thing to do. 5

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Superb story. I enjoyed this a lot ... so far. Reading on.

chytownchytown3 months ago

***Thanks for the read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchasten@chasten
19 Mar ’24: Well, I published a story in a category I didn't expect to visit. Except that, every once in a while, I have this idea of trying to write something in each one Literotica has. However, I write very slowly. And since I've only done stories in nine out of thirty-two ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES